Page 15

PAUBAYA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

There are at least nine people with Ning in the pension house plus Winter and Jennie who came without a warning.

 

Karina has relaxed for a bit seeing Winter doesn't seem to mind her presence in her best friend's party. 

 

Giselle has been quick to apologize and explain to Winter why her best friend is there. 

It's true that Karina agreed to drop them off and leave after that. But the devil put in some work and she has been dragged inside to meet the others and of course with the knowledge that the celebrity wasn't present.

 

When they met, they were all adamant, especially the celebrant, for her to stay for a couple of hour or so. Since they are all nice and fun people, she has agreed to it.

 

Luckily Winter has easily dismissed the notion that she isn't okay with it. She says if Ning wants her to stay then there's no problem. It was a shock for her as well at first, but she thinks it's something inevitable since now they share friends. On top that, they are mature individuals who can put aside their past and be civil enough, she added.

 

That's made Gi feel better. At least there's nothing to be worried about after all. She hopes.

 

...

 

Winter feels weird by all the eyes observing her while she's made her first bite.

 

Wendy, the designated cook as always, has her hands clasp together anticipating her reaction.

 

After tasting the pasta, she's brought her thumbs up as approval. She expected this. Wendy's a great cook after all.

 

Wendy grinned with satisfaction while the others clap their hands funnily.

 

After that, everyone proceeds to start digging in as well. Then Jennie, who is sitting by her side, serves her more pasta before smiling sweetly at her. That has earned some curious looks and a smirk from Ningning. Winter casts her eyes involuntarily to the woman beside Gi who's silently watching as well. Their eyes meet for a second before Karina breaks it.

 

...

 

"Do you think need ni Winter ng help? Bakit mo naman pinagtimpla ng kape Ning?" Lia dramatically asks.

 

They're all in the living room again when they finished their late lunch while Winter is in the kitchen making use of the espresso machine available in the accommodation while Jennie excused herself for the comfort room. Since Winter was a former barista, Ning doesn't fail to request for a cup of coffee made by her from time to time.

 

"Ang OA mo. She was a barista kaya she'll be fine." Ning answers. 

 

"Okay. I'll help her. Dami niyo kayang nagpatimpla." Lia stands up and takes off her cardigan.

 

"Girl, bakit may paghubad?" Chaehyun comments while laughing. Natawa na rin ang ibang kasama.

 

"Ibalik mo yan." Yerim throws the cardigan back at her. "Non-existent naman." Nginuso pa nito ang hinaharap ni Lia. Nagtawanan ulit ang mga kaibigan.

 

"Alam niyo maging supportive na lang kayo sa future non-showbiz girlfriend ni Winter."Maarte nitong turan. Iwinasiwas pa nito ang mahabang buhok.

 

"Assumerang frog. Payag ka nun Ning?" Joy joins.

 

"Bahala siya. Walang makakapigil sa maharot." 

 

Umirap lang ito at nagpaalam papuntang kusina.

 

"Ang extra ni Lia. Nakakahiya kay Winter." Minju comments.

 

"Hayaan mo siya." Ning says nonchalantly knowing very well what is about to come.

 

...

 

It hasn't taken long nang bumalik ito na nakasimangot.

 

"Oh buhay ka pa?" Bungad ni Ning.

 

"Puta ka Ning. Bakit di mo sinabi na nangangain pala yang pinsan mo?"

 

Ning laughs out loud. She thinks she has an idea of what happened. "Anyare, girl?"

 

Bumalik ulit ito sa tabi ni Yerim. "Pinalayas kaya ako ng pinsan mo. I was just helping you know."  

 

"Ang shunga mo kasi. Di ka makaramdam." Wendy butts in.

 

"Sila ba?" Somi asks out of curiosity. The other two, Karina and Giselle are just listening sa lahat ng nangyayari.

 

"Hindi. Hoy, baka may mag-snitch sainyo ah. Walan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter