Page 4

PAUBAYA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



The four them eat as they talk about random things; the artist’s upcoming events, how Yizhou and Giselle met, how is Giselle related to the TV host, Ms. Lee, and Giselle and Winter’s past.

But of course, leaving out THAT part.

Giselle doesn’t want Minjeong or Winter to feel uncomfortable, and ifever she doesn’t care about it anymore, it’s not her story to tell.

She merely says that they met through a “friend”, leaving it to Minjeong.

But she hasn’t said anything either, so they’ll leave it as that.        

Either she finds her bestfriend irrelevant which is completely valid, or she might still holding a grudge towards her.

She isn’t sure, but she doesn’t want to pry.

It’s the past.

It’s their past.

And past should be buried somewhere and not meant to be digged out if it isn’t necessary.

But here they are.

After that meeting at the broadcasting station and that lunch, Yizhou and she have been good friends.

They have each other’s contacts, hanging out once in a while.

She knew she was someone acquinted with Winter when they met with her cousin, Jennie.

But to her surprise, she’s actually Winter’s bestfriend.

That’s when Giselle opened up about meeting Minjeong or Winter during her College.

She could’ve said no when Yizhou suggested that a reunion would be nice.

But curiousity has won her over.

It wouldn’t hurt to meet her again, right?

Minjeong didn’t reach out to her since they had parted.

When her bestfriend and Minjeong ended, her relationship with her also ended.

Minjeong cut ties to anyone related to her ex.

She really didn’t know if Minjeong would appreciate her sudden appearance.

She might find her intrusive or insensitive or worse, shameless.

But as far as she can remember, they were fine back then.

Minjeong wouldn’t drive her away either she thought.

So she just went with it.



Looking at her now, it feels like she’s a completely different person from that Minjeong she knew back then.

Minjeong has always been pretty.

But seeing her today, she never thought she’d be awestruck.

She’s seeing the celebrity Winter.

She’s living a totally different life.

She has changed so much, but she still has that playful side of her especially around Yizhou.

She’s happy and contented in her life.

She can tell.

She has completely moved on without a trace.

That makes her think of her best friend, Karina.

“Rina, I wish you were seeing this and stop beating yourself up. Minjeong’s happy. She’s doing well.”






After the hearty meal and talks, Winter is back to finishing what she was doing earlier with the help of her bestfriend and Giselle this time.

Her manager has retreated already to her own room, leaving the celebrity in the hands of her friends.

After Winter finishes, and the two put the albums in boxes, Yizhou stands up and excuses herself for the restroom. And that leaves the two of them alone.

They are both seated in the sofa this time.

“Thanks for the help, Selle.” Winter breaks the silence.

Giselle smiles as she realizes she still calls her that way.

She remembers.

“Don’t mention it, Min. And I’m sorry pala for coming uninvited. I might have shocked yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter