Page 24

PAUBAYA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Okay?" Jennie gawks at all the presents na bitbit ni Winter nang pagbuksan at papasukin siya nito sa kanyang apartment. "What are they for?" 

"Para magbati na tayo." Winter says in a cute manner na usually kahinaan niya. She's obviously in a good mood. Naupo ito sa sofa pakatapos nitong ilapag sa center table ang mga dala while Jennie stands in front of her. 

"I don't know what you're talking about." She crosses her arms at masungit niya lang itong tiningnan.

"Says someone na hindi ako kinikibo ng isang linggo." She reaches her hand out to pull the older woman down with her sa sofa. "I am sorry kung di kita sinabihan about doon. But I promise it doesn't mean anything." 

Jennie can't help but softens sa inaasta nito. She can't stay mad when she's this extra sweet and attentive to her. But then she remembers something. 

"You don't have to explain. I know it's a pity but I realized wala naman akong karapatan sayo, Win. And you know what, I realized something when I saw her." 

Winter keeps quiet listening to her as she continues. "Now I understand why you dated Yeji. Why her over me." 

Napakunot ang noo ni Winter. She's confused with the sudden mention of her ex-lover. She doesn't like how this conversation going.

Jennie lets out a hollow and bitter laugh. "You're so clueless. Yeji reminds you of her, isn't she? The resemblance is just crazy. Like crazy..." 

Winter frustratingly closes her eyes and sighs.

"You know I am right. Di ba?"

"I am not going to answer that. Nothing of that matters now, isn't it?" 

Jennie scoffs. "I don't know about that, Win. Who knows di ka pa pala over sa kanya." 

Winter annoyingly stands up. "Look if we continue to talk about this, I'm out. " 

"See? Why are you so triggered?"

Winter turns around to face her not wanting to hear any of this nonsense . "Jen, I am not here for that as you see." She tries to speak calmly not wanting to cause another argument. " I was hoping to see you and talk to you nang maayos. I wanted to talk about us. But I guess this is not the right time." 

Jennie's ears perk up with that she said. She's about to turn to leave but the older woman speaks. "What about us, Win? Di ba it's something naman na you don't care about?"

Winter takes a deep breath. "I do. Kaya nga nandito ako, di ba? I want to pursue you, Jen." There. Finally she's said it nang walang paliguy-ligoy.

Jennie's surprised face is enough to say that she hasn't expected it. She can't believe she's hearing that from her. "You what?"

Winter just stands nervously in front of her. 
"I want us to try, Jen. Only if you want, too."

Jennie just looks at her face gauging if she's being serious or not. But all she can see is sincerity from her eyes. 

The older woman's silence makes her even more restless. There's a hint of hesitation in the older one's face.

"It's okay. You don't have to answer right away. I know naman na you don't do commitments." Winter blabbers when she receives no answer. "It's okay.. maybe..."

"Hey.." Jennie cuts her off. She stands up and walk closer to Winter. Her expressions soften with how fidgety her companion is. "I'm sorry. Nabigla lang ako." 

"It's okay. You can say "no" naman." Winter says despite her being a bit disappointed. She thought Jennie would like the idea.

"How can I say no to you when this is all I ever wanted?" She says sadly. "Ang unfair lang." 

Napalunok siya when Jennie stands really close sa kanya and caresses her face. "You do know how much I like you, right?" 

Winter merely nods. "I like you as much."

Jennie forces a smile. "I'm happy you know."

"I'm sorry kung nabigla kita, but I am

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter