Page 23

PAUBAYA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Giselle stops at the side of the street kung saan nakaabang na ang kaibigan. She was on errand when Karina suddenly asked her to pick her up sa hair salon since malapit lang naman ang location nito sa store na pinuntahan niya. Apparently it's one of those days na ayaw nito magdrive.

Karina gets in Giselle's car all smiles.

"Wow. New hair huh?"

Giselle comments as her best friend is sporting a little wavy light brown hair for a change. 

Karina nods. " Do I look nice?"

"You always do naman. But this one suits you so well." 

"Thanks. But what's with all the stuff in the backseat? That's a lot, Gi." Karina asks as she's noticed the flowers and gifts right away sa likod. "Kaya ba super busy ka ngayon?"

Tipid lang na ngumiti si Giselle sa kanya as she starts driving again. "Actually yes."

"Wow, Gi. You're one of a hell of a girlfriend." Karina proudly tells her best friend.

Giselle laughs awkwardly. "Well, thanks to your tips.But actually, hindi naman lahat for Ning. " She's contemplating if she should share about it or not.

"Huh? Hindi ba?" Karina asks confusingly urging her to explain further.

"It's Winter's surprise for Jennie. Busy pa siya so I've picked them up for her." 

Karina's face falls sa narinig. Giselle regrets it the moment she sees her best friend's face. 

 "Don't they have delivery service?" The taller girl just asks masking her obvious change of mood.

"They do. Min just wants to personally give them later." 

Silence fills the interior of the vehicle. The jolly vibe earlier seems to have evaporated in the air.

"So..they're really a thing?" Karina carefully asks.

Giselle worriedly glances at the passenger seat. "I guess Min is taking it to the next level." 

Karina doesn't say anything more. She just turns really quiet.

"So home?"  Giselle asks to break the silence.

"Yes, please." She smiles at the driver but it doesn't really reach her eyes.


...

 

"Sorry, Selle. I thought matatapos talaga ako nang maaga." Minjeong apologizes habang hinahakot ang dala ng kaibigan sa sariling sasakyan. Nakapagshower at nakapagpalit na rin siya mula sa mahabang practice. May mga bago kasi siyang performances for her last local show na gaganapin sa Busan. "If I knew sana pinadeliver ko na lang."

Giselle puts the box sa backseat before she closes the door of Minjeong's car. Nagmeet na lang sila sa parking lot ng apartment nito.  "Don't sweat it, Min. I'm glad to be of help "

Minjeong straightens up after she makes sure that the flowers are secured sa passenger seat.  She faces the older woman and smiles at her. "Thank you again." 

Giselles smiles back. "Anytime. It's nothing compared sa naitulong mo sa'min ni Ning." 

"You know I didn't do much." Minjeong brushes it off. "So diretso ka na kay Ning? May paflowers ka din eh." She teases. "Tulog pa yun for sure." Kakarating lang kasi ng best friend niya mula sa long-haul flight nito.

"Well, it's a surprise then. May susi naman ako ng apartment niya." 

"Wow ah. Nasa ganyang stage na pala kayo." 

Giselle blushes na lalo namang ikinatuwa ng kaharap. "Alam mo ba she's genuinely happy sayo. Thanks for taking care of my best friend." 

Giselle smiles wider. "Well, ako din naman. Ning's an amazing person. I'll do everything for her."  She adds with determination. Though it sounds cheesy but it's what she really feels.

Satisfied na tumango si Minjeong. She's relieved na her best friend is in good hands. 
"That's a relief. Mukhang down bad kayong dalawa."  

They both laugh at what she's said. "Anyways, tara na. May mga naghihintay sa'tin". Minjeong says.

Giselle nods. " Good luck, Min. So finally huh?"

Minjeong smiles. "Yes. Naiinggit na ako sainyo eh. "

They've parted while still laughing.

Giselle starts her car habang pinapanood ang papalayong sasakyan ng kaibigan. She's happy for Minjeong but she can't take her mind off her best friend and her reaction earlier.


...


Karina enters their home and she isn't surprised na nakaabang na sa kanya sa sala ang mga magulang. Her mother looks pissed. She sighs knowing that Jongin might have called her parents about what happened.

 Of course he would.

She's about to just ignore them but her mother is dead set on interrogating her.

"Can you sit with us for a moment?" She says with calm but firm voice.

She has no choice but to oblige. 

They're all seated sa living room when her mom speaks again. "Why would you cancel the fitting tomorrow?" 

Their wedding has already decided to be held on the last week of February next year so they'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter