Page 20

PAUBAYA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

How have they ended up here?

 

The four of them sa iisang round table.

 

Katabi ni Ning si Giselle sa kabilang side na mukhang hindi na mapaghiwalay at sila naman ni Karina sa kabila. 

 

Awkward.

 

Winter could already imagine some cricket sounds in her head. She snickers internally at the thought.

 

Well it's Giselle's aunt wedding. Yes, the famous TV anchor is going to get wed to her sweetheart of almost 11 years.

 

She can't help but wonder how they managed to do that. She knows there are actually couples like that. And she considered them admirable and lucky. For them to last that long, it must have taken a lot of patience and of course loyalty.

 

Going back sa sitwasyon nila ngayon, this is something she has accepted for a while now. She knows they'll cross paths every now and then considering their best friends' budding relationship. Apparently, they aren't together yet but taking it slowly according to Ning which she has agreed on strongly. Especially now that Ning is still gauging her feelings towards the other woman.

 

It's been more than a month since the confrontation happened and she's glad na they could work it out. Though cold pa rin yung treatment ni Ning kay Karina, at least bearable naman na dito to be in the same space with her. Ganun din naman siya. It's something na Ning has accepted as well though hindi niya man aminin. It's unavoidable. Giselle is like a package that comes with a best friend; someone who has a past with her.

 

Siguro nga not letting the past get in the way with their present is their best option. Forgetting about it is impossible. Andun pa rin yun siyempre. But letting go of all the pain and bitterness will help them move forward.

 

It hasn't taken long and the ceremony started. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter