Chapter 7

Destiny's Game

 

Yuri’s POV

It was a usual, boring Wednesday night here at the bar....  An acoustic jazz band was playing instead of a rock band or a Dj playing party songs, there are few people having their dinners and the long bar counter in front of me is totally empty.... I placed my elbow on the counter and rested my chin on it looking at the place, this atmosphere makes me sleepy, it’s  very different from weekend nights.... well it’s still early though, it may become livelier after some time...

Finally a man came in and sat at the far end of the bar.... He’s tall, he has his hat on and he looks kinda weak cause he came in wobbling a bit...  I went up to him wondering why he sat at the far end when all the seats in front of me are empty.... I was facing his back as he was looking at the people and the empty dance floor maybe also wondering why there no people and loud party songs playing..

“Anneonghasseo” I greeted him “do you want a drink sir?” He then faced me and removed his hat.... as soon as I saw his face, particularly his eyes.... my heart sunk and I felt a sudden twitch in my chest as if I was hit by a dagger....

His eyes, they were blank but I can clearly see  through it, it was full of pain and agony as if he was experiencing a deep excruciating pain.... My heart sunk that I felt like crying just by seeing him and looking into his eyes... I don’t know this guy, I’ve never seen him I don’t even know what caused that pain but I’m clearly sure that... that expression, that agonizing look... I know that, I’ve seen and I’m sure of that....

“Give me vodka” He said with his toneless, or should I say lifeless voice as he cover his face with his both hands... I heard him but it’s like I glued to my place I can’t move and I couldn’t take my eyes off of him, I felt a lump on my throat. “Hey miss I said give me a drink” he repeated himself and I was awaken from my trance

“Ah...yes.. sorry” I finally moved and made his drink... I served it and he drank it all in one shot as if his body badly needed it. “One more.... ah... just give me one bottle” he said  after finishing his first glass. I did it as fast as I can but I really couldn’t stop myself from looking at him and I know he noticed me already...

“Yuri-ah... one bucket of beer for that table” Hyemi my bestfriend and only friend called me...  “Ah... ne!” finally I was able to recover myself

Hours pass and the man kept on drinking I can say he really is very drunk but he kept on asking for alcohol, he’s now on his third bottle, I wan’t to stop him but I know I can’t....

“Hey... that man looks really drunk” Hyemi patted my shoulder and whispered “He seemed like.... like...” she couldn’t find the right word as she rubbed her chin

“Like broken” I sighed...

“Right... he seemed broken” we both looked at the heart breaking figure of the man “But don’t you think he’s really handsome?” Hyemi squeeled

I stared at her in disbelief “Don’t you think you should stop fantasizing at a stranger and just do your job?” I lectured her, she stuck her tongue out and left.... But she’s right he really is very handsome, he’s tall, his body looked strong except now, he has sharp masculine eyes, pointed nose and red lips and a smooth milky white skin.... he looks very manly but he also has this gentle aura in him.... but above all those he really looks like he’s broken and I wonder what caused it...

As I observe him I notice he kept on looking at his phone and dialing a number that seems to not answer his calls until he looks like he’s about to lose his temper and left a voice message

“Yoona-ah.... sweetie please answer your phone.... I really want to hear your voice, I miss you so much... Jebal” I saw tears falling from his eyes... That scene really broke my heart that I suddenly felt like giving him a hug to comfort him.... He kept on mumbling to his self and he kept on saying that name... Yoona....

 

 

“Changmin... I can’t drive can you pick me up?” I heard him talk on the phone again... He hung up and throw his head on the counter, I think he fell asleep.... Minutes later a man came rushing in scanning the whole place with worried expression then he let a loud sigh of relief when he saw the man in the counter, he approached him..

“Hyung... what are you doing?” the drunk man didn’t say anything he just lift his head up and looked at him... Changmin, as I heard his name, face changed from worried to... I can’t explain what but I know he also saw the agony in that man’s eye.... He sat beside him took the glass and drank its content before standing up again...

“Miss did he already pay?” he asked me and I just nodded in reply “Let’s go hyung” he placed one arm of the drunk man over his shoulder and helped him stand and almost carried him out as they left...

 

_______________________________________

 

After that night, that man or Mr. Broken as I call him in my mind comes to the bar every single night without miss and as days passed  he seems to look worse like he’s not taking care of his himself anymore.... he looks like a mess.... his hair grew a bit longer and he seemed to not comb it, his beard and mustache also grew, he looks so pale and I can say he lost a lot of weight his cheek bones are popping out of his face, and his eyes they still that agonizing look and it’s swelling like he already cried all the tears that he could cry.... He’s like a walking dead to me...

He comes every night and drown himself with alcohol like it’s the only thing he needed to escape whatever problem and suffering he is going through.... “Yoona”... that’s the name I always hear him say whenever he is already drunk...... His brother Changmin never fail to pick him up whenever his so drunk that he couldn’t even stand on his own....  This man is so heart breaking to watch that I could only sigh whenever I see him enter the bar... I don’t know him at all but every time I see him drowning with pain I feel like I need to comfort him at least give him a hug but I know I can’t.....

 

 

It’s a Saturday night and because it’s a weekend the bar is full of people partying, the dj is playing loud party songs, the dance floor is full of people dancing and all the tables even the bar counter is occupied with people drinking and partying...

Of course Mr. Broken is present still sitting at his usual place, the far end of the bar counter. The moment he arrived I can say he already had a drink just by the looks of him... he ordered his usual drink and just stayed on his spot creating his own world and not paying attention to the loud music and party people all over the place.... I was so busy with the non stop orders of drinks but I still keep on glancing at him checking him once in a while... It became my habit...

While he’s in his own world drowning himself with all the alcohol, a y girl stood beside him, leaned on the counter and ordered some drinks... While she’s waiting for her drink she noticed him beside her, she started flirting and talking with him but she got no response, he ignored her as if she never existed at all. The girl seemed pissed off and immediately left after she got her drink. I saw the girl approach a guy she whispered something on his ear and pointed at Mr. Broken... I felt a bit nervous thinking that something might happen but I shrugged off the thought and focused on my work....Minutes later I noticed that he was already gone in his place, I didn’t notice him go because I was so occupied with all the orders I am having. Maybe his ever patient, caring and heroic brother came and fetch him...

It was almost three in the morning I just got off of work and was walking out of the bar with my choco pie and bottled water, I wasn’t able to have my dinner because of the number of people in the bar.... it was a very tiring day and the sun will rise in just a few hours but the bar is still full of people partying... As I was passing by the parking lot a sound caught my attention... I traced where it came from and it lead me to the trash bin in a corner, I saw a silhouette of a man facing his back on me and vomiting on the trash bin.... I slowly walks towards the man to offer my help

“Excuse me... Are you okay?” I asked as I stood beside him... The man suddenly lift his head and slumped on the floor ignoring me, he seemed really drunk and couldn’t even move “Omo!” I gasped when I recognized who it was, it’s him.. it’s Mr. Broken... I Immediately crouched down and sat beside him “Why are you here?.. here drink this” I handed him my water but he just looked at me

“Omo... what happened to you?” his face is full of bruises, his nose is bleeding and his lower lip is cut. I held his face to look at it closer, he got beaten..

“Hey.... where is your brother? Did you got into a fight?” I asked him slightly panicking but he won’t answer he’s slowly losing his consciousness “Yah... don’t sleep.... where’s your phone?” I looked for his phone and found it in his pocket, I need to call someone... Changmin... right that’s his name

“Yah.... your phone is dead” I almost yelled at him “Hey.. wake up... hey... you can’t sleep you have to atleast give me number to call or...” I was patting his face to wake him up he really couldn’t sleep now but his eyes are already shut. I kept on shaking his shoulders “Yah.... Mr. Broken wake up!” he suddenly opened his eyes

“Mr. Broken?.... I really am broke” he chuckled... I just ignored his drunken statement

“Yah who should I call to pick you up?” I asked him still shaking him cuz he’s about to close his eyes again then he reached on his pocket and hand me his car keys then he mumbled the name of his apartment then he fell asleep....

I was left with no other choice so I took his arm and put it over my shoulder then I lift him up using all of my strength, I helped him walk or should I say I almost carried him to his car which fortunately was just near... I sat him on the passenger seat put on his seat belt and I hop on the driver’s side. I paused to catch my breath for a moment I wonder how I was able to carry this heavy man into the car

I started the engine and turned the navigator on to locate the address he told me and I was thankful to find out that it was near. I learned how to drive and I was able to get a license but I was never able to drive after that even once so I was really nervous especially knowing that I am driving a luxury car. I shook the nervousness out of my mind, I let out a sigh to calm myself “You can do this Yuri-ah” I said to myself then I started driving

 

 

After almost an hour of my slow and careful driving we were able to arrive at his apartment. I let out a deep breath of relief as I park the car.... “Hey... were here you should wake up” I poked his arm to wake him up but I got no response “Sir... you should wake up now” I said it louder this time and I shook his body harder.... I kept on waking him up but I gave up after a lot of attempts.  I was left with no choice again... I almost carried him out of the car with one of his arms on my shoulder and mine around his to support his body from falling. I dragged him inside the building with all my strength..

“God you’re so heavy!” I exclaimed between my hard deep breaths, I was losing my breath from his weight. We then reach the elevator.. “What floor?” I asked him while waiting for the elevator to open but he was still unconscious.... The elevator opened and I dragged him inside pinning him to wall to lessen his weight on my body “Yah! What floor?!... I need to know where your unit is!” I yelled losing my temper and panting...

“22nd’ he finally answered...

We reach the door of his house, I drop him on the floor leaning on the wall while I opened the door. Before I enter I took out my inhaler from my bag and put in on my mouth, I really need it I really am panting so hard losing my breath... My inhaler is my best friend I’ve been with it since I don’t know when..... Since I am so exhausted and lost all my energy to carry the heavy man I just pulled him from the floor into his house....

 It was so dark so I the lights and I froze with amazement as I look in it... The house is very beautiful, from the walls to the furniture it even has a very nice view of the city it’s like every detail of the house was thought of carefully... It’s very clean and doesn’t look like a man is living in there, it’s perfect...

“Ughh...” a sound woke me up from my trance, I look down and saw the man lying on the floor half awake now, I almost forgot about him.... I continued pulling him inside the room and laid him on his bed, I removed his shoes and I decided to invade his personal stuffs as I open his walk in closet and took a shirt and ran back to him so I could change his jacket and shirt which was stained by his puke... I was frozen for a while seeing his bare milky toned chest but I managed to recover myself... I took a towel and damped it with water then I cleaned him first before changing his clothes.

I laid him back to his bed and covered him with a comforter then took his first aid kit so I could put medicine on his bruises..... “why did you get yourself into a fight?” I said with a low voice as I was scanning the kit looking for the iodine. I looked at him and I can’t help but wonder why is this man like this, what’s causing all the pain that I clearly see in him...... “What am I doing?.... what are you doing here with this stranger Kwon Yuri?” I thought to myself as I let out a sigh and hit my own head...

“Ahh...” He flinches as I was applying iodine to his bruises then he held my hand to stop me “it hurts” he said with his eyes still closed

“don’t move... you need this so your wound would heal” I said as I shove his hand from mine

He chuckled, opened his eyes and looked at me straight in the eyes “Can that also heal my wound...... hear?” he patted his chest with his hand then a tear fell from his right eye and dropped into my hand. I didn’t know what to say I was tongue tied, my heart sank...

How I wish I wasn’t there at that moment seeing those agonizing look from him, seeing him suffer and drown himself from pain.... And how I wish that for that moment... just that one moment... I could be his own iodine so I can heal his wound, that hole in his heart.... and remove all this pain and agony he is suffering..... I wish I could.... Tears suddenly fall from my eyes..

 I don’t know this man, I don’t know why I am here seeing him experience this pain and agony, I don’t know what causes that pain and who causes it.... All I know is this man who’s name I don’t even know, needs someone... someone who could help him and stand by him.....

I just suddenly felt my hands already wrapped around this man’s waist rubbing his back and his head resting on my shoulder... “I honestly don’t know what to say...... all I can do is to lend you my shoulders for you to cry on and give you a warm embrace of comfort” I said but I can’t still understand why am I really doing this.... the man started to sob crying all his heart out and weeping, he tighten his grip around my waist and tugged on to my clothes as I continue rubbing his back and not saying a word to him.....

 

 

 

___________________________________________

Here's Chapter 7, I'm really disappointed with this though...

as I said earlier I lost my first copy of this chapter so I have to retype and repost but 

I really can't make it like the first one it's really messy.... I'm sorry this is all I could do....

I'm not even sure if I put all the important scenes....

For those who were able to read the original one please tell me what you think......

I also want to apologize for my late updates, I'm having a bad writer's block

I'm really sorry but I'll try my best to update as fast as I can..

 

I hope you could enjoy this messy Chapter for now:)

Please do leave your comments, suggestions, violent reactions they're all welcome...

Please do subscribe also<3