Chapter 15

Destiny's Game

 

Yunho woke up from a grumbling sound coming from his stomach, it’s early in the morning and he’s actually feeling hungry.... something he hasn’t been able to feel lately and as weird as it may sound he kinda felt a bit shock and at the same time happy, he missed it, the feeling of wanting to eat, craving for food and actually tasting the food.... he realized that after that incident it’s like he lost all his senses, he was not able to feel anything except for the excruciating pain the big hole in his chest caused him.... And he’s glad that things are slowly coming back now, he’s able to feel something again.

 

He got up from bed and went directly to his kitchen to find something to cook and eat for breakfast, he started rummaging his food cabinet and fridge but after minutes of doing so.... all he found was bottles of wine, soju and water from the fridge and a completely empty food cabinet. He paused for a moment as realization strikes him again, and loneliness started to eat him up again, he doesn’t, he never have to worry about things like this before because Yoona was there, it was always her who does his groceries for him, making sure his fridge and food cabinets are full with foods, his house always clean and organize.... but now she’s not here to do those things anymore, no one is....

 

He walked to the living and sat on the couch as the heavy and painful feeling coming from his chest started to hit him again over powering his hunger, he slouched on the couch and threw his head back. Thoughts of Yoona are running through his mind again, he’s now realizing that there are lots of things he wasn’t, and he couldn’t do alone without her..... He took a deep breath trying to ease and preventing to worsen the pain, he some time to think, then he suddenly stood up, went to the bathroom to take a bath and get dressed then he went out with his wallet and car keys on hand.

 

He started driving looking around for a place to eat, a café or bakeshop when he passed by a pharmacy and saw someone familiar walking out of the pharmacy, he slightly furrowed his brows to look closely and when he made sure who it was, he drove towards that person and started honking to get the person’s attention.

 

“Yuri-ah!” he called as he rolled his window down, Yuri looked at her side and found Yunho in his car, “Oh... Good morning” she immediately bowed to greet him, Yunho gestured her to get in the car, she hesitated for a bit but still followed him. “Why are you out this early?” he asked as soon as she was settled on her seat. Yuri held the plastic of medicine she is holding “Bought these” she smiled. Yunho glance at her “what are those? Are you sick?”

 

“No... these are my maintenance for asthma” Yunho just nodded “How about you are you going somewhere?” she curiously asked “I’m actually looking for a place to have breakfast.... do you know a nice place?” he asked as he started driving again, “Not really.... Sorry” Yuri answered. “It’s okay... let’s just look around... since you’re here you can eat with me right?” he glance at her waiting for her answer, Yuri just nodded and smiled.

 

They end up on a cafe where Yunho ordered almost every kind of pastries, bread and cakes he saw. “Wow... can you finish all of that?” Yuri gave him an incredulous look “Don’t know... they just all look delicious, I can’t pick so I ordered them all... let’s try to finish it all okay?” he said as he took a sip of his tea. Yuri chuckled she find it a bit cute and childish how he couldn’t pick what to eat and ended up ordering everything. They started eating, “Do you usually eat your meals out?” Yuri suddenly asked, “No...” Yunho swallowed whatever is in his mouth and wiped his mouth “I actually woke up because my tummy is grumbling, I realized I’m feeling hungry which I haven’t been feeling for quite a while now... but then when I check my kitchen all I found was an empty food cabinet and fridge” he chuckled. Yuri studied him for a bit she understand him so well even though he’s smiling and chuckling she can clearly see his loneliness.

 

“I think you should go and do grocery shopping after this breakfast” she suggested, Yunho paused for a while poking his bread with a fork “I actually.... don’t know how” he almost whispered, Yuri tilted her head up and met eyes with him “Eh?” was all she can answer. Yunho let out a sigh “I really don’t know how... I haven’t gone to the market and do grocery shopping..... No... maybe I had once or twice but not alone I really don’t know about things like that it was Yoona... she’s the one who does those things for me” pain and longing can be clearly heard from his voice again. Yuri didn’t say anything and seem to be in a deep thought, both of them stayed silent until Yuri thought of something “You want me to accompany you?.... I can teach you so next time you can go and do your grocery alone” she suggested with a smile. Yunho contemplated for a bit “Is it okay? I can always ask my mom to do it for me-“

 

“Yunho-ssi... it’s okay...” she let out a sight “I really don’t know how to say this but... I think you have to start learning to do things on your own now... I know there are lots of things that you’re used doing together with her, or you haven’t even tried doing without her but now.... you should learn and get used on doing it alone, so how about starting it with doing your grocery? What do you think?” she looked at him and studied his serious face, Yunho finally nodded after some time “Okay... you’ll help me right?” Yuri nodded with a smile

 

They went to the nearest supermarket, Yuri has a wide grin on her face while Yunho seems a bit uncomfortable, Yuri grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside she took a shopping cart and gave it to Yunho. “Remember to first get all the things you needed okay? Here I made a list. You have to compare prices, quantity and quality.... Hhmm... when you buy veggies, fruits you have to be meticulous and make sure their fresh, check the expiry date of can goods and others.... don’t buy too much-“. “Okay stop...” Yunho cut her “I can’t remember all of those you have to slowdown” he really sound tensed now, Yuri noticed it and laugh while Yunho gave her a death glare “Okay... let’s start I’ll follow you behind” she finally said after stifling her laugh, she find him really cute, frightened like a 4year old boy left on his first day of school.

 

They started with Yunho walking ahead with the shopping cart and Yuri following behind him observing his every move, giving suggestions and reminders to him while Yunho kept on looking at her asking for her help on things he doesn’t know or got confused of, Yuri always flash him a smile of assurance and encouragement. When they got into the snacks section Yunho started grabbing and tossing tons of chips, candies and chocolates into the cart “Yah... that’s too much!” Yuri exclaimed as she put some of it back on the shelves “But I like those” Yunho snatched it from her and put it back on the cart “I said don’t buy too much and those are not nece--- uummpphh!” Yunho covered as he drag her away “Cut it I’m the one paying these” he chuckled, Yuri was able to remove his hand off of her, she snatched the cart from him and pushed it towards the fruits and veggies section “Here... choose what fruits you like” she pointed at the fruits in front of them. “Hhmm.... I like apples, banana, grapes and this” he literally picked everything he liked “Wait... you should check first” Yuri stop him “You can’t just pick it up you choose the fresh one first”. “Do it... I don’t know how to choose” Yunho blinked and turned his back walking towards the free taste area, “Aish!” Yuri gestured to hit him and started choosing fruits for him.

 

Yunho ended up buying lots of things he got so emerged with everything he see and Yuri wasn’t able to control him. “These are too much!” Yuri exclaimed after they put the shopping bags on his car “It’s okay... it means I don’t need to go back here anytime soon” he grinned and patted her shoulder “Let’s go for lunch” he opened the passenger door for her “Sorry... I think I’ll just go from here, I still need to do something” she answered “No I inisist... you haven’t had lunch yet... let’s just eat and I’ll drive you” he ordered her, “O...Okay” she answered hesitantly.

 

After eating lunch the two of them parted and Yunho went directly home. He entered his house with all the shopping bags in his hands, he closed the door behind him and got a bit startled to find Changmin sitting on his couch so focused on his laptop to notice he has arrived “Min-ah...” he called him, Changmin instantly shot his head up “Omo hyung I didn’t notice you came” he stood up and  walk to help Yunho “You bought all of these?”

 

“Yeah... as you can see my fridge is literally empty” Yunho started organizing the groceries “Did you wait long? Why are you here?” he started stuffing his fridge with foods and drinks “I need to consult you with something” Changmin answered as he help his hyung, Yunho looked at him sensing that it’s all about business matters.

 

They both sat at the living room and Changmin handed Yunho his laptop “Look at this hyung” he said as he pass the laptop to Yunho. Yunho read the document “What’s this?” he finally asked, “That’s a report from the finance department, I discovered something... If you study it further you can see that the company is losing some amount and I can’t seem to figure out where it’s going to” Yunho listened intently to Changmin while scanning the documents “Do you think you can figure it out hyung?... and I also want you to look at this proposal from a prospective investor” Changmin hand him an envelope, he really needs Yunho’s help now, he’s the one who’s good at these things he can surely figure it out and he always have solutions to anything related to their company, though he knows that his hyung is not in the right condition for it now but he’s still hoping..... hoping somehow he can start bringing his self together back again....

 

Yunho on the other hand knows that Changmin is having a hard time shouldering all the work that he’s supposed to do but he really doesn’t know if he’s ready for these things again.... he also lost it, lost the love and interest for his work, he feels like he lost all his knowledge and expertise, but he needs to help his brother no matter what “I’m not sure Min...” he sighed “How about you leave this with me first, I’ll look into it and try my best.... I’ll try to figure it out... but I can’t promise you anything Min”

 

“Okay... thank you hyung” Changmin answered “I need to go hyung still have a meeting to attend to” He sat up and Yunho followed him “Okay... I’ll just call you” he said as he send Changmin to the door. The moment Changmin disappeared from the door Yunho let out a deep, heavy sigh, he went back to all the papers and documents Changmin left him. He knows he needs to go back to work soon though his parents and Changmin doesn’t force him or even ask him to, he knows they’re also having a hard time because of him, yet all he could do is feel sorry for them.

 

_______________________________________

 

http://youtu.be/GaWYISASIes

(please listen to this song while reading this part... I got the inspiration from this beautiful song)

 

He started working and studying all the documents in his office which he hasn’t entered ever since he moved back in his house, he kept on reading it again and again until get all frustrated and annoyed that he just tossed all the papers aside and shut the laptop close, he run his frustrated fingers through his hair, slouched his body on the chair as he look into nothingness “Why can’t I do this?..... I was good at this.... why can’t I figure this out?” he placed his elbows on the table and buried his face on his palms, he can’t help but hate his self, he’s Jung Yunho, he runs one of the best companies in Korea, he’s one of the top business man there is.... yet now, he can’t even figure out a simple problem as this, something that he can easily understand and figure out before with just one look, something he is very good at... he can’t even concentrate now.... “Where is Jung Yunho?.... why do I seem to not know him now” he thought to himself.

 

After some moment he stood up and went to his room and threw his body on his bed, he looked at his side and saw Yoona’s picture on his bedside table, he reached for it and looked at it while caressing her beautiful, smiling face, a small smile crept on his face as he remember how she always gave him her soft relaxing smile on times when he’s all tired and drained from work, how she sneak in to his office during late hours like this and force him to stop working and go to sleep beside her, how she goes all jumpy and happy every time Yunho closes a big deal or ventured into something big for his company. She was his inspiration, the reason he works so hard and do his best, the reason for his success.... the only reason why he keep on going on.... and now she’s gone and he can’t find any reason to continue.... He wanted to but it just felt wrong, he feels like he’s starting from square one, like everything is new to him and it’s so frustrating and depressing that the once great Jung Yunho is now so down and broke that he couldn’t even function well. He’s like a blind man who couldn’t find the light...

 

Tears started breaming on his eyes but he tried to blink it away while still lovingly looking at Yoona’s picture “Yoona-ah.... I can’t find him now.... I really need him but I just couldn’t find him.... Help me Yoona-ah” he tried his best to choke the tears away but he failed as drop of tears started to roll down from his eyes “I miss him Yoona-ah.... I miss all the things he could do.... I miss him just as much as I miss you” he took a deep heavy breath “I miss the man I was with you”.....

 

His phone then started ringing waking him up from his thoughts, he reached for it and answered it without even looking who it is from the screen “Yoboseyeo”

 

“Yunho-ssi... I mean Yunho Oppa... are you already sleeping?! There’s a meteor shower faster look out at you window.... faster!!!!” Yuri’s literally screamed from the other line, Yunho paused for a while then suddenly chuckled he instantly felt a bit better hearing her happy voice, he doesn’t know what’s with this strange girl that she has this power on making him feel better... “Oppa?.... are you sleeping?” she asked when she received no response from him, “A...Ani... I’ll go watch it now” he woke up from his trance and got up from bed

 

“Omo.... you didn’t see it? it’s over now!” he can imagine her pouting now and he can’t help but smile... “Yuri-ah...” he finally said

“Hhmm?” she answered “You missed it.. it was beau---“

“Yuri... I need you to help me.... help me find Jung Yunho again”he cut her.

Yuri could instantly understand what he means, she smiled before saying “I will...”

 

There are as many nights as days, and the one is just as long as the other in the year's course. Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word 'happy' would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.

 

 

______________________________________

I'm really sorry for not updating for a very very long time....

but here it is... please enjoy...

And don't forget to leave comments.... I love them!

I hope I gain more subscribers.... please subscribe!!!:))