Chapter 27

Destiny's Game

 

“Are you okay?” Yunho asked Yoona who’s sitting beside him in the passenger seat of his car, she looks really exhausted after her almost four hours of therapy. He watched and occasionally helped her during the therapy, he witnessed how hard she tried and forced herself, he saw her fall over and over yet still stand and try again and it just breaks his heart more and more, and the fact that he couldn’t do anything and that he’s the reason she’s experiencing those just add up to the pile of ed upness he’s feeling inside. There were moments during her therapy that he just wanted to run, carry her and crash her into his embrace and tell her to stop, that she shouldn’t force herself, that she doesn’t need to walk and he could just carry her all her life..... And it took him all his self control for to prevent his self from doing just that.

Yoona gave him a small smile “Yes... it’s just that therapy can be a little exhausting sometimes”

He nodded, and with a bit of hesitation he asked a question that’s been bugging him all day, “How long have you been undergoing therapy?” he glance at her, he wasn’t sure if really wanted to know the answer to that question.

“Since I woke up from coma” she calmly answered “I was totally crippled that time I can’t even feel my lower body when I woke up.... it was depressing” she sigh.

Yunho felt like a knife was stabbed and twisted in his heart, he took a quick glance at Yoona again his brows furrowed and for a moment Yoona saw the pain written all over his face and she hated it “...but I improved a lot now, only six more months of therapy I’ll be able to walk again, it can even be shorter if I’m lucky enough” she beamed, she doesn’t know why but she felt the need to say all these to make him feel better

“That’s good” he answered with a smile yet his gaze still distant, Yoona was a bit confused by his reaction but she chose to just let it go

“Thank you for accompanying me” she sincerely said her eyes glowing with appreciation

Yunho snort and smirk “You’ve been thanking me all day, aren’t you tired of that?” his tone is playful again and it gave a great relief to Yoona.  

Yunho made a right turn changing their direction and stopped in front of a restaurant, Yoona gave him a why-are-we-here look, he smile at her “You need to eat” he simply answered before he hop out of the car leaving speechless Yoona in her seat, he opened her door for her and helped her out of the car.

They took their seat in a secluded table that is especially reserved for Yunho “are you one of their regular customers?” she curiously asked as she start flipping the menu

Yunho nodded “done lot’s important meetings here and their food are good” he answered as he brush away with his hand the invincible dust on his coat and while doing that he felt his phone on the inside pocket of his coat and that’s when it hit him, it was turned off since morning and he has totally forgotten about it. He quickly fished the phone out of his pocket and turned it on 21 missed calls, 8 messages and 3 voice mails welcomed him.... 9 missed calls, 4 messages and 1 voice mail came from Yuri. The smile on his face  dropped and replaced by a frown..... “! How can I forget Yuri?!”

“Is there something wrong?” Yoona interrupted his thought, he snap his head up to face her, gave her a smile and shook his head “No, nothing I just forgot to call someone.... should we order now?” Yoona nodded.

After ordering and while waiting for their food Yunho excused himself and tried calling Yuri but she’s not answering so he thought she might be sleeping already or worse she might be mad at him so he just sent her a message of apology and promised her he’ll be home soon.

 

 

_________________________________________

 

 

Yuri

 

It’s hot, so hot.... I’m meters away from the house yet I can feel those flames burn on my skin and the smell, it’s suffocating... I’m standing rooted on my place as I watch the house being eaten by the fire, but then a cry, I heard someone cry for help, that voice is very familiar.... then I heard it again but now it’s more than one voice I turn my head to both sides looking for that voice, I squinted my eyes and look closely to the house..... Then I heard the voice again, it’s my mom.... that’s my umma’s voice!!! At that moment I saw her, inside the house looking at me... she’s crying and she needs my help. “Umma!!!” I called her I started panicking, I look around trying to find someone to help me “Please help! My family is inside.... please!!” I shouted but there’s no one there I was alone no one will help me, I felt tears suddenly fall from my eyes, I need to do something..... Without thinking twice I leap from my place and started running towards the house as the fire grows bigger and bigger and the cries becomes fainter “No!! Umma!” I cried “Appa! Don’t leave!” they can’t die I need to help them, I kept on running but I can’t seem to get near the house, I’m tired and sobbing hard yet I’m still far from the house until I felt someone held my arm and spin me around it’s him..... “Oppa!” I cried and he pulled me into his arm and hugged me tight, I wrap my arms around him as I sob even harder “I wasn’t able to help them!” I said through my sobs “sshh... it’s okay I’m here” he said as he tighten his hug, his voice soothing, “Oh Yunho!” I cried harder burying my face on his neck, after some moments he leaned back and looked at me he held my face and with his thumb he wipe away my tears “Please don’t cry” he said before kissing my forehead, my nose, my eyes then my lips.... But then he let go of me and turned around “Oppa...” I called, he looked at me but just gave me a sad smile and started walking towards the burning house “No!!” I shouted again reaching for him “Don’t go!!.... Oppa... don’t leave me!!” I started running again but he’s gone I can’t see him and suddenly there’s a deafening sound, a siren and it’s suffocating and painful I covered my ears  and I fell on my knees “Don’t leave me please” I gasp clutching my hand on my painful chest finding it hard to breath... I can’t breathe, there’s no more air in my lungs and something blocking my throat “...You can’t leave” and I fell....

“....love wake up”

I felt my body being shaken and I jolt awake.....

 

 

“Hey.... love wake up” Yunho shook Yuri’s trembling body his voice urgent waking her from her nightmare. Yunho found her in the couch when he arrive screaming in her sleep, clutching her chest and crying so hard, he immediately ran to her and woke her up.

Yuri wakes and found Yunho hovering over her grasping her shoulders, his face etched with anguish and eyes wide with worry “Oppa” she said her voice breathless

“Hey...” his face relaxes “Bad dream?” he asked ever so softly as he wipe away the tears from her eyes

“Oh, Oppa!” she cried as she threw her body to him, wrap her arms around his neck and started sobbing “You’re here” she said between her sob

Yunho felt his heart break for a hundredth time that day, he wrap his arm around her waist and his other arm caress her hair “sshh... yes I’m here, please don’t cry it’s just a bad dream” he cajoled her trying to sound as soothing as possible “I’m here baby.... I’m here” he tighten his arm around her trying to push away whatever it is causing her to break like this with his warmth. They stayed like that Yuri cradled on his lap, her face buried on his neck and their arms wrap around each other as Yunho kept on comforting her

Eventually her sobs slowly subsides but then she started gasping for air and coughing, Yunho’s body tensed then relaxes with a sigh “Now... now... please calm down baby you’re having an attack now” he softly said as he secure her legs around his waist while his other hand draws soothing circles on her back, he stood up carrying her and walks towards the room. He sat on the edge of the bed with Yuri still wrapped around his body, he opened the bedside drawer and took out an inhaler. He lean back and gently push Yuri so he can face her “Here” he position the inhaler and sprayed it on then he shifted her making her back face him, he pulled her against his chest and wrap his arms tightly around her body “Hush now okay? Breath with me” he whispered as he buried his face on her hair and let out a sigh of relief, “I’m late I’m sorry.... I love you” he whispered again

 

He’s actually mad, mad at his own self, mad at how stupid he is to forget about his own girlfriend. He really did ed up this time “What if I arrive later?! God, I can’t even think of it” he thought. He felt guilty and its starting to eat him up, he’s starting to lose control of things, of his own self and he knows eventually he may end up hurting Yuri and he would kill for that day not to come, he can’t do that to her he loves he so much to do that.... He can’t take it seeing her so vulnerable like she is now it hurts him more than anything else....

But everything is just out of their way and he’s a mess, he feels like he’s about to explode, he wanted to cry, to scream and curse the world.... but he can’t, and for a second as he look at the fragile figure lying over his body and as he listen to her already steadying breath, he thought of telling her everything, letting everything out to her and let her comfort him with her love and unending warmth.... that was something very easy to do before, Yuri is the only person who understands him better than others, even more than his own parents and brother, she’s his sunshine, his light, everything becomes easy with her by his side.... but now, he just can’t, he can’t risk hurting her with everything that’s going on in his savaged life. He doesn’t have that confidence that she will still understand him and stay by his side..... she may lose all that’s been making her hold on to him when she knew everything and he can’t let that happen.... the one thing he’s scared of is her leaving, he couldn’t even take just the thought of that.... He love her so much.

“Why are you so late?” Yuri’s soft sleepy voice pull him out from his hellish thoughts

“I’m sorry I forgot to turn on my phone.... I was busy” “ing liar” he screamed to himself

“Hmm...” Yuri weakly nod

“You had a bad dream?” he asked as he kiss her hair

“Hmm...”

“You want to tell me?” Yuri shook her head “Okay...” he answered, he actually wanted to know but just dismiss the thought “Did you eat?” she shook her head again “you must eat” he said with a hint of stern on his voice but he receive no reaction so he reach  her hand to her face and her cheek “hey Kwon.... you should eat you know I have issues with you skipping meals” he frowned

Yuri, with much hesitation pull her head from his shoulder and shifted to face him “Can’t we just sleep for now?” she asked with a pout, it’s really hard arguing about food with Yunho.

But he unexpectedly sigh and mutter “You will eat two cups of rice at breakfast tomorrow” he ordered with a frown, Yuri smile brightly and nod that made the frown on his face into a sweet smile, he cup her face with his both hands, and gave her a chaste kiss “I don’t want you skin and bones” he kissed her again “sleep now” he whispered then lay her on her side of the bed, he covered her with the duvet and kissed her forehead “I’ll just shower and change then I’ll be beside you and watch you sleep”

Yuri smiled with her eyes closed “You should sleep too” she murmur

“I need to watch you first, I love watching you sleep” he kissed her temple

“Your creepy” Yuri giggle eyes still closed

“I love your giggle” now he plant a kiss on her nose, Yuri felt the smile on his face and it made her widen her smile

“Do you?”

“I do.... and I love your voice” a kiss on the cheek,

Yuri suddenly opened her eyes, held his face and met his gaze, his eyes full of love, she plant a kiss on his mouth “I love you!” she said giving him the same kind of look, pure of love, faith, trust and happiness

“I love you.... so much” he answered and without notice, tears suddenly prick on his eyes and he tried to block it with a smile “Sleep now pretty” he kissed her again as she closed her eyes.

The moment Yunho was under the shower as the water cascade down his body, he let his self let go and broke down in a silent sob. Everything that happened that day went back to him, Yoona’s image while she try hard on her therapy, her happy and bubbly face, and her innocent eyes whenever she look at him..... And of course Yuri, how stupid he is to forget about her and how heart breaking it is to see her screaming and crying so hard in her sleep and her gaze that’s pure of love and trust towards him. All those things are breaking him, knocking him so hard to the ground.

“God please..... I can’t play this of a game anymore”

 

 

 

Sometimes there are no words, there are no clever words to quote what happened that day.....  Sometimes you know you did everything right but somehow everything turns out to be wrong

 

 

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Wasn't able to proof read sorry for the mistakes....

Enjoy!:)

and I'll be waiting for your comment! Thank you!:))