Chapter 22

Destiny's Game

( Itilized part is a flashback )

 

Jaejoong's POV

 

I was walking down from my office to get some drinks, when I turned my head and found her there busy wiping the bar counter with a serious face and pouty lips still as beautiful as ever...... I don't know why, yet it's not new for me to automatically smile and feel warm inside seeing her like that.

 

 

 

I was certain I'll find her here.... and I was never wrong, I quietly walk, crouch down and sat beside her who's still unmoving and still  in her deep sleep with her tongue slightly out causing me to chuckle silently...... I stayed there silently sitting beside her  under the bar's counter watching, memorising every part of her face, God, how I missed her!! six months, six long months of not seeing her made me realise how much I needed her, how much I wanted to be with her..... made realise of what I was really feeling for her all this time...... and now I'm sure, absolutely certain on what I should do..... make her mine.

 

She slightly stirred and I automatically shifted my body inching closer to her and angling my shoulder knowing what will come next...... Slowly, her head fell over my shoulder and all I can do is smile the moment her head landed on my shoulder, familiar addicting scent filled me making me smile wider, I've also miss her sweet scent..... Minutes later I felt her move again and not long after I saw her open her eyes as she immediately shot her head up.

 

"tsk... tsk.... Kwon Yuri sleeping at working hours?!" I scoffed, she almost immediately turned to me upon hearing my voice

 

"Sajangnim!" she loudly said, grinning "You're back!!!" she held my arm slightly tugging on it

 

"You look so happy, did you miss me that much?" I can't help but chuckle

 

She nodded "I honestly did.... how long was it? six months?..... how are you? how's Japan?..... Omo you look like a man now, you're not pretty anymore.... your hair is black!" she grab my face and move it in every direction possible, blabbering all those stupid questions loudly

 

"Yah!" I grab both her hands and pulled it off of my face and into her lap "You're ruining my perfect face!"

 

"Tch" she rolled her eyes "So.... answer me" she gace me a curious look

 

I tilted my head to the side "which one should I answer?"

 

"all of them" she plainly said and I couldn't help but laugh

 

I placed my index finger on my chin "Okay.... so yeah it was six months and I'm good better now that I'm back, I dyed my hair back to black cuz I just felt like it..... Japan is really good, business booming because I'm great" I patted my chest proud of myself earning a giggle from her..... That happy face, those bright smile and sparkling eyes, how much have I longed for that.... Only her, only Kwon Yuri can make my heart leap with just that smile....

 

" Well that's good.... I'm proud of you I bet you never once thought of your small bar and your humble employees cuz your so focused on being great and conquering whole asia" she with a fake pained expression while holding her chest

 

"Yeah.... I actually almost forgot I own a bar here.... I'm thinking of closing this down now.... what do you think?' I got  a death glare as an answer "So... tell me how are you Yuri-ah?" I asked changing the topic, I really want to know how she had been this past months that I'm gone 

 

Her expression turned abit uneasy but still not dropping that smile "Uhmm" she bit her lip "I actually have something to tell you"

 

"Okay spill it?" I took a deep breath why do I feel that somethings not right?

 

She also took a long deep breath, compose herself and looked at me straight into the eyes "I.... I'm.... I'mwithYunhonow"

 

she said it so fast yet I heard all so clearly, and from that my world suddenly stops, I felt a great pain in my heart like a hammer being pounded into it.... I froze, I can't think clearly, i know I have to say something..... Did I hear it right? maybe I just misheard it, that's impossible right? Yunho is my bestfriend, and the last time I check he's already a dead man walking, broken and empty because of a lost great love it's impossible for him to feel anything.... yeah that's impossible....

 

"Say what?!" I was able to ask 

 

"I know it's hard to believe, you may even think I'm crazy but..... Yunho and I are together.... I love him" I saw happiness overflowing her sparkling bright eyes...

 

And there.... everything just crashes, all the hopes, the eagerness to tell her what I feel for her..... I came back ready to confess my heart and hoping that I could make her mine..... that I wasn't too late, never too late.... yet I was wrong so wrong..... emotions flooded me, from shock to denial to regret and even anger..... but a great pain overpowered it all overwhelming me draining all of my energy, making me feel so weak....

 

Wasn't I the one with her all this time? I knew her first, I know her better than he does and I'm sure of it..... I was the one who witnessed how she moved on stood back up from everything she had gone through.... I was the first one to show her care and love, hell I'm not even sure if that bastard has shown her anything good, treated her right and took care of her as much as she does to him...... I'm way and thousands of miles better than him yet he got her heart?! within that six months? did I miss something?..... I can't help but feel angry I know he's my best friend and I have no right but why him?.... why not me?.... why can't she see me?!

 

Most of all I badly hate myself.... I hate myself for being so coward, for denying, for hesitating, for preventing myself and for wasting all those times to admit and confess my love for her..... I ing hate myself for being so stupid and for being too late......

 

I lost her, I lost the girl I love without even having a chance to call her mine....

 

 

 

 

I sat on one of the stools without her noticing me, she really seemed to be in deep thought.... I knocked on the counter an attempt to get her attention "Earth calling Yuri" 

 

She snapped out of her trance and looked at me " Oppa..."

 

"What's with that pout?" I asked pointing her lips

 

" I'm just thinking of something" she sighed and look down 

 

" Tell me" she really look so down and troubled "did you make Yunho mad again?"

 

she shook her head "No.... I'm just thinking on how I can convince him"

 

"convince him on what?" 

 

"You know, about the event this saturday I want....... Omo!" she suddenly snapped her head up and the pout turned into a bright smile, she turned to me and from that look I know she's thinking of something stupid. She slowly leaned closer to me over the counter "Oppaaa..."

 

"What?!" here it goes... I gave her an annoyed look

 

"That event is organized by you right?" I nodded "Can you please invite Yunho to come and you should really make him come.... As in you have to make sure and leave him with no choice but to agree and attend that event" 

 

"And why would I do that?" I arched and eye brow

 

"So he can allow me to work late shift that night, I really want to help and be there... please" she blinked and gave me a pleading look

 

"I thought you're not allowed to work late?"

 

"That's why I'm asking you a favor, If he will attend the event then I'm sure he'll allow me to work.... so please help me... hhmm?!"

 

"I won't involve myself to your crimes Kwon Yuri" I said as I stood up "Now please bring coffee to my office" I turned but then I heard her run out of the bar and followed me

 

"Please Oppa... just this one Hhmm..." she said still tugging at my arm

 

I stopped walking and face her "Beg for it" I crossed my arms and eyed her

 

"Okay... what do you want me to do?" she looked determined, I ignored her and started walking around with her following me aegyoing non stop and doing everything I tell her to do like a stupid dog while I try to control myself from laughing out loud....

 

 

It was almost two years and I kept myself on the side watching silently over my best friend and the girl I only love..... It was so hard, so painful yet I'm willing to bury my feelings for her deep in the core of my soul for them... as long as I can see and know that  she's happy and contented then there's no reason for me to step out and ruin it..... I know they both love each other, Yuri gave my best friend a reason to live again and Yunho I can see how he loves and take care of her and for now that's enough for me..... 

 

 

 

Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it. 

~Jacques Prévert

 

 

 

 

________________________________________________________

Finally.... sorry for the long wait guys....

So this chapter is all about Jaejoong and the past two years...

I'm sorry if it's kinda crappy I don't know why but I can't seem to write properly now...

And I can't find a nice quote for this chap can you suggest any? I'm willing to change it:))

 

Please comment.... please....

anything you can say anything just please don't be silent...:D