Chapter 16

Destiny's Game

 

The nonstop buzzing of Yunho’s doorbell woke him up, he hesitantly got up from bed and wobbled towards the door.... “Good morning!” a beaming Yuri was standing at his door, he turned his head to look at the wall clock in the living room and turned his head back to Yuri with a sigh “Yuri it’s just six in the morning” he whined as he drag his body towards the living room and threw his self on the couch.

 

Yuri followed him and sat across him “But you need to prepare now” she pouted “didn’t we agree that you will do this now?” days had passed since the night Yunho asked Yuri to help him find himself back and Yuri knew that one way of doing so is making him go back to work, she was able to convince him and they spent the previous days by preparing him with the help of Changmin, they did all their best to assure him and help him gain his confidence back, they shower him with their comforting words, Changmin promised him that he will guide and help him with all the work in the company, while Yuri made sure to accompany him as long as she has free time and in the end Yunho agreed to start working again first day of the week.

 

After being ignored by Yunho Yuri sat up and went closer to see if he’s sleeping again, she leaned closer to look at him slightly poking his arm “Yunho-ssi.... you have to wake up now” Yunho shifted a bit, he sat up and faced her forcing his eyes to open “Can I just not do it now?.... let’s just move this some other day “ after all the assuring and motivating words from Yuri and Changmin  the previous days, he still somehow feels unsure and hesitant.... he’s actually scared, scared of failing, scared of not living up from the expectations of others, scared of facing people and scared of starting a normal life again...

 

Yuri stood straight and crossed her arms over her chest “No... you can’t back out now, we’ve talked about this” she let out a sigh “you have to help yourself.... all our efforts will be useless if you don’t want to help yourself” Yunho run his hands through his hair “do you really think I can do this?” he asked her. Yuri flashed him an assuring smile “Of course you can! You’re Jung Yunho... you’re daebak!” she said cheerfully earning a small smile from him and a sigh of defeat, Yuri can easily convince him with all her words of wisdom

 

“now, now... get up and take a bath Mr. President” she grabbed his hand and pulled him to stand up, she practically pushed him towards the bathroom and threw a towel on his face before shutting the door behind her “Clean every part of your body and make sure you shave... I’ll make you breakfast!” she shouted before going out to the kitchen, Yunho chuckled inside the bathroom and headed to the shower.

 

Yuri busied herself by preparing breakfast and after some time she heard the door of Yunho’s room clicked open, she turned her head and gaped at the scene before her, she almost drop the bowl she’s holding, Yunho came out of the room looking perfectly dashing and handsome in his black suit with a matching dress shirt and a tie in which he seems to be having a hard time dealing with, his hair is well combed and he is well shaved.... he look really clean and not the usual messy and broken Jung Yunho that she’s used to.

 

Yunho walk towards her while tugging on his tie, he noticed Yuri’s reaction “Yah... you can close your mouth now I know I’m handsome” he chuckled while Yuri woke up from her trance “Confident much aren’t we Yunho-ssi?” she gave him a look, Yunho tilted his head to the side “that’s Yunho Oppa for you and... Isn’t that what you want me to be ‘confident’?” he asked teasingly “Right!” she answered flatly as she placed the food on the table “breakfast is ready sir... eat!” she called him

 

“Aish! this stupid tie” Yunho hissed as he kept tugging his tie ignoring Yuri’s invitation to eat “Yuri-ah can you help me with this?” Yuri went up to him and help him fix his tie “Aigoo.... such a baby” she smiled, Yunho suddenly felt something he couldn’t explain and stiffled a bit upon realizing how close they are with each other, he can smell the sweet scent of her hair, and hear her soft breaths “There...” Yuri softly patted his tie when she’s done “You look perfect” she flashed him a smile again and her signature two thumbs up making him feel uncomfortably good. They sat on the dining table and ate their breakfast.

 

 

Yunho’s POV:

 

We get in to my car and before I could start the engine I took a deep breath and leaned my forehead to the steering wheel. This is it there’s no turning back now, Yuri is right I have to do this now and start living again.... but I’m just dead nervous, negative thoughts wouldn’t leave my mind... What if I fail? What if I couldn’t redeem myself and bring the old me back? Can I really do this now? Am I--- “Hey... don’t be nervous you can do it... just trust yourself okay?” Yuri patted my back I turned my head to look at her and she has her warm smile again, such comforting smile... thank God she’s here with me all this time she has helped me a lot... she accompanied me, help me walk through the pain and agony, she willingly held my hands and gave me support in facing all of these, she gave me warmth and comfort that I couldn’t find from others and help gain some part of me that I lost.... I couldn’t thank her enough..

 

I gave her a smile as I nodded and settled on my seat “Okay” I almost whispered, “You can do it Oppa.... you just have to enjoy it like you do before and I’m sure Changmin Oppa won’t give you lot’s of work he might just ask you to eat with him the whole day” she chuckled “Yeah... Changmin and his food...” I sighed, she laughed. I started the car and headed to the Jung Company building, I convinced Yuri to accompany me on my first day but she just promised to send me there since she has something else to do.

 

We finally reached our destination, I parked in front of the building and panic started to crawl up on my body as I see the building in front of me, a place where I am most comfortable before now seems unknown to me... I don’t know why I’m feeling this nervous and scared maybe it’s all because of me losing my confidence and feeling all empty inside that I couldn’t find my passion and love for my work inside of me,  but I know I have to do it, I have to stand back up and make myself whole again no matter what. I look at my side and met Yuri’s gaze, she smiled and gave a slow nod “I’m really nervous Yuri-ah” I honestly said, I really needed her encouragement now

 

“Yah Oppa... you shouldn’t be, this place is like your home, you love it, you are the one who made it this big and I’m sure everyone inside that building misses you and are eager to see you.... so just relax now” she squeezed my hand passing some of her warmth in me. I straightened up and fixed my tie, I took a deep breath “Okay...”

 

We got out of the car, the valet boy who always parks my car immediately happily bowed at me the moment he saw me, “Welcome back Mr. President” I bowed back and hand him my car keys, I saw Changmin waiting at the entrance I walked towards him with Yuri following behind “Welcome back hyung... I’m glad your back.. are you ready?” he welcomed me with a hug and I can feel how happy my brother is seeing me slowly redeeming myself “Yeah... I think I am.. but I’m really nervous”

 

he patted my shoulder “You’re acting like a child on his first day of school... just relax hyung” he teased then someone suddenly chuckled “that’s a perfect comparison Oppa” Yuri chuckled as she greeted Changmin “Oh... you must be the mother of this little boy?” Changmin cheekily greeted Yuri shaking her hand “And you must be the teacher?... please take good care of my child” she bowed to him before they both laugh, I just gave them a death glare “Yah!!.. you really have time to joke around?” really this two wouldn’t get enough from teasing me, but I somehow like it since it really lightens the mood and helps me loosen up.

 

Yuri stopped laughing and faced me “Good luck Oppa!... you have to relax okay? Do your best and start being a workaholic freak again!” she beamed and I nodded as I pat her head “Arasso...” “I’ll leave now... go start working the two of you!” she gestured us to go inside “Will you be okay? Should I ask the driver to drive you home?” Changmin asked her, she shook her head “No... I’m fine don’t worry about me just go and work”

 

“Thank you Yuri-ah...” I said wilh full sincerity and she smiled back “I’ll go now... bye” she bowed before turning back “Take care!” I waved at her, but before she could take another step she turned to face us again and raised her fist “Hwaiting!” she mouthed without sound and we just chuckled and imitate her. We watch her walk away until she no longer can be seen, Changmin turned to me with a smirk “Yuri.... she has the power to make you smile” he said and I couldn’t disagree with that I just smiled back “Yeah... she helped me a lot I’m really thankful to her” I look down and placed my hands on my pockets “You should be” he ended.

 

We turned and face the entrance of the building “Ready hyung?... let’s go” I took a last deep breath and nodded “Yeah..” I said as we walk in. This is it I’m officially back at work and there’s no turning back now... thanks to her I was able to gather up my courage and confidence to face all of this again and found a new reason to live... Every employee greeted and welcomed me happily and I started feeling relaxed and the feeling started to go back, she’s right this my home, I perfectly fit hear.

 

 

Yuri’s POV:

 

I was walking towards the bus stop, I feel glad and satisfied that I was able to help Yunho Oppa go back to work, I can clearly see how he is improving and getting better day by day I just hope he can fully move on soon and find a reason to live and be happy again. My phone suddenly buzzed and I check it to find a message from Yunho Oppa;

 

Thank you for helping me Yuri-ah!.... I promise to work harder...

Take care... See you soon! Hwaiting! ^_^

I chuckled and typed a reply;

I can’t believe the great Jung Yunho uses emoticons! Keke...

 

I went directly home, cleaned up and went to sleep, I haven’t really had enough sleep lately because of work and because I mostly spend my time accompanying Yunho oppa. I lay in my bed and immediately drifted into a deep sleep, I woke up already at around 3 in the afternoon, I got up and went to the kitchen to prepare a late lunch and as I was eating I checked my phone and found a text message from Yunho Oppa.

 

Let’s meet after work... I think I owe you a delicious dinner...

 

A smile unconsciously crept into my face and for some reason I started anticipating meeting him for dinner, it felt weird and I tried to brush of the thought away from my head and just tried to think that it’s because I will be able to eat delicious food....

 

Yunho Oppa and I met at around 7 and he brought into a nice and surely expensive restaurant, he ordered me a steak and my eyes widened when I saw the mouthwatering meat when it was served, I immediately took my fork and knife and started digging in but I had a hard time cutting the meat that I started to get all annoyed, Yunho oppa seemed to notice it and took my plate and cut the meat into bitable size for me “Thank you” I beamed at him as I leaned closer to watch him expertly cut the meat, he chuckled and hand me back the plate when he’s done cutting and I immediately dug on my plate and stuff my mouth with the delicious steak.

 

“How was your first day?” I asked him while walking down the street, we’re done eating dinner and decided to have a walk first. He smiled “It was good... better than I expected... the moment I enter the building everyone gave me a warm welcome and it’s strange but.... as soon as I step in my office I felt lighter and comfortable but I’m still adjusting.... still having a hard time in coping up” he happily said, he seemed satisfied and not scared anymore and I’m glad he’s slowly adjusting

 

“that’s really good... I’m glad you’re getting more comfortable... I told you your employees misses you” I gave him a proud look and he nodded “So... you’re not scared anymore right?” I tilted my head to have a better look into his eyes, I want to see it, see how he truly feels now, see if the pain aches lesser now.... he met my gaze and I saw a glint of happiness in his eyes and it made me feel relieved and happy too.

 

“not anymore.... I guess” he shook his head, I patted his shoulder and look sincerely into his eyes “You’re doing great oppa.... continue living your life again okay?... take one step at a time and I’m sure you will reach it, you can become whole again” I gave him a sincere smile.

 

I saw him soften, he held on my gaze and for a second I wasn’t able to read his expression.... I gasped then I suddenly felt my body move and something wrapped tightly around me, the next thing I knew I was already in Yunho oppa’s arms, he’s hugging me tightly, I froze and for an unknown reason my heart started to flutter so hard that it might leap out of my chest “Thank you soo much Yuri-ah... you have no idea how much you have helped me, and still helping me.... you gave me hope and helped me to stand again, I can’t thank you enough” I started to feel butterflies down my stomach. I tried to compose myself and lightly patted his back “It’s nothing oppa... I’m your friend and I’m glad that I can help you” he pulled away as he held me on my shoulders, he look into my eyes then flashed me a genuine smile.... I met his gaze then.... Oh my! I felt suddenly weak like my knees are gonna drop and my heart took a great leap that I thought it already fell out of me.... What is this? Why am I feeling like this?.... this can’t be.....

 

 

Wherever you are is always the right place. There is never a need to fix anything, to hitch up the bootstraps of the soul and start at some higher place. Start right where you are.
Julia Cameron

 

 

________________________________________________________

another update...

OMG! Yuri's inlove!!!!...

Seriously... I need your feedback, is my story really boring? 

because someone told me that it is.... please share me your thoughts...

Anyways... I've done alot of thinking and since almost all of you

are wondering.... I am now making an official announcement

to clear things ..... So guys this really is a certified YUNRI fic.... hehe...

I was actually planning on not saying it but I can't help it especially since most of you are asking..

 

Please I need more subscribers.....

and also comments:))))