Chapter 35

Destiny's Game

A loud thud and a yelp was heard snapping Yunho’s senses back, he made a quick turn to his side only to find Yoona sprawled with her on the floor giggling and her crutch about a foot away from her

 

“Omo… Yoona!” he said as he quickly crouched down to help the lady to her feet turning his head  back in the process making sure to not tear his gaze from Yuri for more than a second….. but that mere second, that fleeting glimpse, that blink of an eye was enough for her troubled figure to disappear from his sight…. The moment he looked back she was already gone like she was never really there at all….

 

“Did I see it wrong?”  he wondered to himself as he reach for the crutch and help Yoona to her feet…. They started walking again, Yunho all silent and distracted while Yoona, oblivious of the situation, kept on giggling because of the incident…

 

“that was so embarrassing…” she chuckled “it’s because you loosen your hold Oppa” she pouted still giggling as she couldn’t get over her fall…. Yet she didn’t get any reaction from the man walking beside her….

 

She glance up and halted as soon as she saw his troubled face, “Oppa” she called waking him from his trance for the second time…

 

“Nn…ne?” Yunho answered turning his head to face her

 

“are you okay?” she asked “you look distracted…”

 

“Hmm?... Aa… anio… I just remembered something” Yunho waved his hand in front of him dismissing the subject and giving her a small smile “Mianhe… are you okay? Does it hurt somewhere?” he finally asked concern

 

“Anio… I’m fine… it’s just so embarrassing…” she started laughing again “there were people passing by you know…. They all saw me fall”

 

Yunho tried to laugh with her but in his mind lurks Yuri’s image standing some meters away from them looking at him with her eyes wide from shock and face etched with so much pain…. She wasn’t wearing her sunshine smile… instead all he saw in those few fleeting seconds was pain and sadness in her face…. He was sure he saw her there rooted in her place looking as shock as he is, he even heard her faintly call him…. But then, she was gone as soon as he saw her, with just a blink of an eye she disappeared….  

 

“Was I hallucinating?... or did she really saw us?... was she really here?” he bit his lower lip as a surge of different emotions mostly pain hit him hard with the thought of Yuri seeing him like that with Yoona, and the look on her face just won’t leave his mind….

 

 

As soon as he and Yoona got in his car he fished out his phone from his pocket and sighed hard upon seeing the blank screen…

 

“Damn this phone!” he cuss under his breath as he quickly plugged it on his car charger

 

“what’s wrong?” Yoona curiously asked

 

“these thing ran out of battery… Yuri might have been calling” he answered without looking at her as he fiddled with the phone waiting impatiently for the thing to turn on…

 

Yoona just stayed quiet and busied herself with her phone…she felt a slight guilt, as she doesn’t really like the idea that she’s taking Yunho’s attention from Yuri though he kept on assuring her that she’s not and she doesn’t have to worry….

 

As soon as the screen of the phone lit up Yunho dialled Yuri’s number ignoring all the alerts signalling all messages that are coming at once…

 

“Yoboseyo” Yuri’s voice was heard on the other line

 

“Love…. I’m sorry my phone ran out of battery” Yunho quckly explained in desperation

 

“It’s okay..” he listened carefully assessing Yuri’s calm voice from the other line

 

“where are you? Are you still with omma?” he was unconsciously praying for her to say yes...

 

“Anio… I’m on my way home now…” she answered after a short silence “I texted you earlier cuz I came to the hospital in a rush” Yunho’s heart clenched from what he just heard her say, the scene earlier, Yuri’s pained face, and the possibility of her being sick and coming in the hospital alone sent daggers on his wrenched heart…

 

“H… ho…hospital? Seoul hospital?” he stuttered as he got out of the car not wanting Yoona to hear their conversation “wae? A.. are you sick? Is there something wrong?” he asked worriedly, he was fiddling with his fingers as sea of thoughts runs inside his head….

 

“Anio I’m fine…” Yuri chuckled sending an unexpected amount of relief to Yunho “I lost my previous prescription so I had to get a new one… and I actually went to Dr. Yoon’s clinic in Dongdaemun” she continued nonchalantly, Yunho stayed silent as relief and guilt took over him… 

 

“Mianhe…” he softly said “I should’ve come with you”

 

“It’s okay Oppa” she answered, he can feel her smile from the other line

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?”

 

“Yes”

 

“did you buy your meds?”

 

“I did”

 

“Good… Iet’s meet halfway where are you now?”

 

“No need I’m almost home anyway” she retorted rather fast

 

“I see…” he paused “I’ll meet you at home then”

 

“Okay….”

 

“gotta go love” he heard the battery alert of his phone “you take care okay?”

 

“You too” he felt her smile again

 

“call me when your home”

 

“Okay… bye”

 

“bye…. Love you!”

 

“Love you too” and they hung up…

 

 

Yuri ended up standing infront of a small park near the hospital, she doesn’t even know how she got there all she remember is that the moment Yunho tear his shock filled eyes away from her and she felt her own feet again she turned her back as quick as she can and kept on running and running without looking back and without knowing where to go… her mind went blank and body felt numb and all she wanted to escape from that place and that painful sight… Adrenaline took over her and brought her to that place….  

 

And now that all her senses are back and her body is with her again pain started creeping it’s way within her whole being again that it makes her weak…. So with a heavy heart and a weak panting body she made her way and sat on a lone bench, she looked down on her intertwined pale hands resting limply on her lap as a lone tear escaped from her eye which she quickly wiped out… Trying to prevent more tears from falling and for the waterworks to start she raised her head and observed her surroundings with the effort to distract her own self…

 

It was a sunny weather in Seoul so there were lot’s of people in the park, children playing and running around happily at the playground, teenagers biking around the whole place, a group of ahjummas doing aerobics on one corner, some couples walking hand in hand while talking and laughing animatedly with each other… Everyone there seems happy, carefree and enjoying the bright happy weather, while she on the other hand just doesn’t fit in with her pale figure, tear stained face, puffy eyes and broken heart….

 

And it all just made her heart wrench breaking all the tiny bit of control she has as more tears made their way out from her eyes and she broke down…. Helplessly broke down….

 

It hurts a lot… it hurts her big time seeing Yunho that happy with Yoona, seeing him look at her the way he usually does to her, seeing him care so much for her and protect her…. It felt wrong and she knows it’s wrong to feel that way, she just made a promise to him and to his mother that she will stay by his side, understand him and not let go… But she’s also human, she’s hurt, she vulnerable and she’s scared, scared that she might lose him, that he might unlove her and eventually leave her taking away her heart, soul, her whole being and leaving her with nothing…

 

And for the first time in her life she felt selfish and her feelings faltered, she started questioning herself, her love, her trust… will she be able to endure all of these? More of these?.... Should she just runaway now and save whatever’s left in her heart before Yunho takes it all and butcher it to pieces leaving nothing for her to mend and salvage?!....

 

…..But then the selfish thought didn’t even last a minute because she is Yuri and Yuri was never selfish, Yuri never think of herself first, Yuri will do and give everything for her love, Yuri will never inflict pain to the person she loves, Yuri loves with her whole heart, mind and soul…. And Yuri loves Yunho more than everything and anything in this world, hell she even loves him more than her own self… And that’s all there is...

 

So will it hurt her less to leave him now than to stay, will it make any difference, will she be able to live with it…. The answer is simple and plain no….

  

Her phone started ringing pulling her from her thoughts, she looked at the ID and a bittersweet smile plastered on her face upon seeing Yunho's name, she abruptly wiped away her tears and cleared before pressing the answer button

 

“Yoboseyo” she said making her voice as normal and as calm as possible…. And upon hearing his voice she knew exactly what to say to him…. She had to lie and make him feel better because she loves him and that’s that….

 

 

 

    “Love is selfish yet a selfless feeling.” 
― 
Heenashree Khandelwal

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm really sorry for making you wait sooo long.... hope it's not too late that you lost your interest...

please excuse my writing and hope you still enjoy reading.... :))