Chapter 28

Destiny's Game

 

Yoona

 

 

“Water?” he asked as he stood by my side while I do my therapy, I stopped and took the water tumbler with a smile

 

“Ne... komawo” I answered breathlessly, he nodded and watched me gulp down the water. It’s really hard and exhausting, undergoing this therapy yet I couldn’t just give up I want to be able to walk and be normal again and I know I’m just few steps away from achieving that, just few more pushes then I will be able to reach that.

 

“You should stop and rest you’ve been doing that for three hours already” he said as he took the tumbler from me and look at his watch

 

“Okay... just one more round” I said as raising my index finger up, he shook his head in disapproval but then chuckled softly with those brown almond eyes glinting from an emotion I couldn’t read.  

 

I don’t exactly know how long but it’s just been weeks since I came back here in Korea and known Yunho and Changmin who apparently are my childhood friends, especially Yunho who I couldn’t remember at all. It’s weird though, I have zero memory of him yet when I met him the first time there’s this sense of comfort and familiarity as if my body is so attached to him, everything just clicked like they were put back on their proper places, places they do belong.... place where I do belong.... and it made me happy.

 

I’ve spent most of my time here with either Yunho and Changmin, doing business and them making me know the old me, telling me stories of us when we were younger and with every story they shared the more eager I become to gain back those memories, I just feel how precious they were and that losing them was a great loss. Yunho like now, accompanies me on my therapy sessions when he has time, I don’t know why he wanted to do that I actually never liked it when someone goes and watch me do the therapy even my own mother, but with him I don’t feel that uneasiness I felt before, everything about him is just comfortable and fun and happy that there were times that I longed to be with him, It’s crazy I know and I wonder why I feel that way and the only answer I could think of is from his own words.... He’s my best friend way back from our diaper days and we were like a conjoined twins that can never be detached from each other.... maybe that’s why.

 

His phone started ringing waking me from my trance, he took it from his pocket and look at the ID and his warm smile suddenly dropped and changed by what I think is uneasiness. He looked back at me “okay do your last round I’ll just get this call” he said with a smile but not the usual warm, spirit lifting smile. I nodded and watched him as he walk away and answered his phone.

 

I watched him as he look down on his fidgeting feet and rub the back of his neck with his free hand, he seems a bit uncomfortable or... is he nervous? But why? I wonder who he’s talking to..... He cocked his head on the side and took a quick glance at me, he gave me a slight smile then look back down, and I think I saw something in his eyes.... Is he hurt? Is that pain I saw?! I blinked at the thought but then decided to drop it maybe that’s just about business problem I don’t have any right to interfere anyways.

 

I took a deep sigh and slowly turn around to start another round of walking again, yet my mind couldn’t remove the thought of Yunho oppa’s eyes.... Spending times with him was really fun and comfortable, he makes me feel at ease all the time a total opposite of the awkwardness I was expecting before I met him. Times with him and Changmin are just full of laughter, they’re this brother who has a love hate relationship... but more of love of course, it’s fun watching them.... Changmin is the snarky, all matured and responsible maknae while Yunho, he’s the gentle yet intimidating and strong hyung, he has this soft mesmerizing gaze that seeps through your soul and makes your knees tremble and your heart flutter.... Yes, I do admit I wonder if the old me harbored a secret one sided feeling, affection towards him, cause the new me can’t resist his gentle manly manners, his deep hazel almond eyes, his caring gestures and the sense of comfort he’s emitting.... I can’t help but fall slowly and I know it’s wrong and I have to do something about it...

 

As I reach the end of the railings that guides me while I walk Yunho approached me again “Are you okay?’ he softly asked

 

“Ne..” he took my crutches and help me walk towards the chair

 

“I’m sorry but can we go now? I need to pick Yuri up from work” he help me sit

 

“Oh sure of course” I immediately answered trying stand again “I’ll just get my bag there” I pointed towards my bag and smiled at him

 

“Just sit I’ll get it” he pushed me down my seat and walked towards my bag, I watched him as I heave a sigh, I felt suddenly guilty taking away a big portion of his time that his girlfriend had to wait for him, I only promised him two hours yet it took me this long....

 

“I’m sorry Oppa Yuri must’ve been waiting for you long” I apologized when he went back and help me stand

 

“No it’s okay” he shook his head with a smile “she just got out of work actually and Changmin and the guys is with her now” he assured me

 

 

 

 

Yuri

 

 

I was wiping the counter top when I heard my name being called so I looked up “Oh Changmin Oppa” I smiled at him and he smiled back

 

“Are they upstairs already?” he asked

 

“Junsu’s there and... Jae Oppa’s still in his office” I answered as I took a glance behind him “Yunho’s not with you?”

 

“Er... Ahm... he’s still working I’m not sure if he’ll join us... just go call him” there’s hesitation and uneasiness in his voice but I just brushed it off.

 

“Okay I’ll just call him...” he nodded and patted my head with a smile before proceeding towards the stairs but not forgetting to give Seohyun who’s cleaning one of the tables a teasing smirk which she hated the most, I just chuckled

 

I looked at the time before fishing out my phone from my pocket, it’s already 5 mins before 7 and he still didn’t call.

 

I can confidently say that I know Yunho inside and out and these past few days I can’t help but notice something different from him, we actually don’t meet now as often as before because he’s busy with work and I do understand that, but there were times when I’m with him that he will suddenly space out, he’ll be quiet, his brows will furrow and his smiles won’t reach his eyes then I’ll be able to see through his eyes and there’s this hint of discomfort, stress  and pain as if he’s carrying a heavy burden that he’s trying to mask away, sometimes his face is just stoic and frustration is written all over it and every time I ask him he will just say it’s about work and that he’s tired. I know there’s something more to it but I wouldn’t push it cause I know he’ll tell me whatever it is when he knows I have to know... he always does, though I still couldn’t help but feel bad and worried for him, Yunho is a very strong man but I’ve seen him in his most broken and agonizing days and I never ever want to see him on that state again.

 

There were also times that I feel like he’s slowly distancing himself from me it’s as if he’s building a wall between us to guard something away from me and I know it’s to protect me, to protect the both of us, but I can’t help but be scared, I know he loves me as much as I love him I never doubt that and I trust him with all my heart but the way he is acting now is all new to me, Yunho has always been an open book towards me, aside from being his girlfriend I am also his best friend who he can tell everything without any hesitation, we are like that with each other but now I am sure he’s not telling me something and it makes me feel unsettled and a bit scared.

 

I dialed his number and waited for him to answer...

 

“Hi love” upon hearing his soft voice a smile crept into my face, sending comfort from my worries

 

“Hi... are you busy?” I asked

 

“Hhm... no I’m just waiting for something I’ll be there as soon as I’m done here” he paused “Are you hungry? You can have dinner there first I’ll just eat at home later”

 

“No I’m okay I’ll wait for you.... But the Oppas are here aren’t you going to join them?”

 

“Nope maybe next time I want to spend time with you” his voice a bit apologetic

 

“Me too... we haven’t seen each other much” I felt myself pout

 

“Are you pouting Kwon?” he chuckled

 

“Ne..”

 

“Don’t pout... I’m sorry”

 

“Smiling now” I smiled

 

“Good... How about giving me your whole weekend?” I can feel him smile from the other line

 

“I like that” I chuckled

 

“I like it more... I’ll hang up now wait for me okay?”

 

“Okay... drive safely bye!” we hang up and I sat indian style under the counter with a wide smile on my face, I really want to see and hug him now. It has been two years yet the elation Yunho gives me just keeps getting higher and higher, I love him more and more each day it’s addicting yet frightening in a way.

 

 

 

 

Yoona

 

 

Yunho dropped me off in front of my apartment he seemed to be really in a hurry, I watched as his car went off until I couldn’t see it anymore before turning and entering the building. As soon as I was inside my house I plopped down on the couch and fished out my phone from my bag and a piece of card from my wallet, I looked at the name and number written on the paper and decided to dial the number. I promised this person that I’ll contact him once I decide to go to Korea but it took me weeks to do so.

 

I pressed the call button and waited for someone to answer

 

“Yoboseyo” A deep baritone voice answered

 

“Ne... Yoboseyo Park Yoochun-ssi?... th- this is Im Yoona” I shyly greeted him I’m still not sure if I’m doing the right thing I really don’t want to bother him

 

 

 

 

Our frustrations sometimes lead us to act upon them and we tend to hurt the people who care about us the most, our outburst belittle others and inflict a dagger in their heart.

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi guys!.... I know it's been too long and I'm so so sorry, honestly I'm kinda losing idea for this fic lately, I mean, I really know what I want and where I want this story to go but I just don't know how to get there and it's frustrating.lol 

Anyways, so I wrote this chapter on our two ladies' POV, I find it kinda boring and lame but just please consider it as a filler chapter. This chapter's purpose is actually to show how messed up Yunho's emotions are between the two girls, and if your wondering why I didn't write it on his POV instead well it's because...... I just can't!!! Even on the previous chapters where I thought it will be better if it's written on his POV I didn't dare to because he's too messed up that I don't think I can give justice to it and show it through his on POV it's hard..... This story really makes an emotional mess everytime I update it, I just become all emoshinki that I ask myself "why did I thought of this awful plot again?" hahaha

I hope you somehow enjoy though it's lame.... I'm sorry for the wait again and please do comment and subscribe..... I need motivation!:))

 

P/S: And Yoochun..... you'll know about him soon:)