Chapter 3

Destiny's Game

 

October 2005

Yunho’s leaning on his car waiting for Yoona in front of their house watching her walk towards him. While walking, her expression looks sulky, she’s pouting her lips, and holding her right ear with her right hand as if playing with her earing.

“HI princess, what’s with that sulky face?” he said while grabbing her hand from her ear

“I argued with dad” she answered

“why?” he asked while opening the door and letting her get in the car, he closed the door and ran to the driver’s seat

“well I just can’t understand why he’s against the two of us” she said

“Oh.. well we cannot force him to accept us” he said while putting her seatbelt on for her

“he's not like that when we were still friends... can’t he just support us and stop being the antagonist?”

“he’s just protecting you, you’re his one and only daughter... and I’m sure he doesn’t want you to be with the son of his ex best fried turned number one enemy” he said it calmly and jokingly but of course he’s also worried about her dad not wanting them to be together

“But when we were still friends he’s not acting like this he’s cool with it”

“Well being friends is different from being lovers, let’s just understand him okay? For now you should cheer up because were having a date”

“Okay.. sorry Oppa” she said with a smile

Yunho responded with a smile and started driving...

“where do you want to go?” he asked

“Hhmm.... how about to the orphanage? I want to take pictures of children playing there” she answered while taking out her camera.. They always go to this orphanage to visit and help the children there.. Yoona really loves children

“tss... okay miss photographer”

While driving on their way to the park, Yoona looked and watched Yunho drive then she suddenly mimicked him, when he turns the steering wheel, hit the brakes or the gas she follows him she even makes weird sounds...

“What are you doing?” Yunho asked laughing

Yoona stopped imitating him then she faced him made a cute face with her irresistible smile then,

“Oppa, I want to learn how to drive”

“Hey... don’t start with me on that” he said pointing at her with his index finger

“Why?” she asked.... “please teach me...hhmm?” she pleaded still acting cute while poking Yunho’s cheek

“No... stop acting cute that won’t change my mind..... I can’t let you drive it’s dangerous” he said focusing on the road ahead of them..

“But why?.... almost all of the girls in my age are driving their own cars, I also want one”

“You don’t need to learn how to drive I can always drive for you” he said with a sweet caring tone

“*sigh* you’ll be graduating from college and will start working soon, it’s not like you’ll have that enough time to still drive for me” she said with her sulky face

“I’ll always make time for you, you know that”

“but...”

“Hey.... no more buts, let’s end this conversation here” he said in a bossy way

Yoona gave up, she slumped in her seat, folded her arms with a sigh, pouted her lips and faced the window.... Yunho watched her then chuckles

“you know that’s a combo” he said chuckling

“what?” she said with annoyed voice and without looking at him

“that.... whenever you don’t get what you want and your about to throw tantrums you do that combo... you fold your arms together with a sigh, pout your lips then turn your head” he said while laughing “that’s really cute”

Yoona just glared at him in response...

“Hey” he said.. he reached out his hand and took Yoona’s and kissed it... “I just want you to be always safe, you know that right?”

Yoona looked at him and nodded “I know...”

“So.. don’t spoil the moment and smile again okay?” he asked smiling... Yoona pulled a smile and pulled her mood back

They finally reached the orphanage, as soon as she stepped out of the car, Yoona immediately ran towards the children who are playing in the small play ground... Yunho followed her watching and smiling on how happy she looks like as soon as she saw the children.... The children welcomed them and ran to the both of them with their happy faces, They started playing with them and Yoona took out her camera and took photos of the children..

Yunho’s phone then rang so he excused himself to answer the call..... After having a what seemed to be serious conversation on the phone he went back and talked to Yoona..

“Who’s that?” she asked

“It’s dad... he said he needs my help on some matters...”

“Oh,, so are we going now? But we just arrived”

“I’ll just go you can stay here with the kids I’ll just come back and pick you up... will that be okay?” he asked

“Okay... how long will you take?”

“Hmm.. I’m not sure yet.. I’ll just call you just wait here and don’t go alone okay?”

“Okay... drive safely” she said with a bit sadness in her face

“I will.... I’ll go now” He kissed her in the forehead and waved his hands to the children... “I’ll be back as soon as I can..” he said and left hesitant but hurriedly...

Yoona continued playing with the children, until rain started to fall and they all went inside the orphanage, she ate together with the children.... The rain didn’t stop and she stayed there waiting for Yunho, until it got dark.... she sent him lot’s of text messages asking when he will pick her up.

“Oppa, aren’t you done yet? It’s getting dark now”

“It’s raining hard take care if you’re driving okay?”

“Oppa, it’s almost time for the children to sleep... please come pick me up”

These are the text messages she sent him but he didn’t replied not even one..... After hours of waiting Yoona started to get angry and worried about him..... The rain finally stopped so she went outside, sat on one of the bench, she checked her phone but there still no text from him..

“Why isn’t he calling or even sent a single text?.... did he forgot that I’m waiting and worried for him?... Haist!” she said to herself..... Her phone suddenly rang, she hurriedly check who it is and immediately answer the call..

“Yah Oppa... what happened to you? Do you know what time it is?”

“I know... I’m so sorry dear,  dad made me do lot’s of things I’m not even done yet... I’m really sorry” He said apologetically... “I won’t be able to pick you up but I sent our driver to fetch you he’s on his way now just wait a while okay?”

“You shouldn’t have told me to wait” she answered with a cold voice... She’s so annoyed that she had to wait for that long that she started to worry and think if something happened to him and in the end she won’t be able to see him..

“I’m really sorry... I know you’re mad... I’ll make it up to you I promise”

Yoona saw a car coming, she looked at it and the car stopped in front of her, it’s Yunho’s car, the old driver went out of the car... “You’re driver is here, bye” she said on the phone with a cold voice then hung up without listening to what Yunho will say

On her way home, Yoona looked really pissed... she recalled their conversation on their way to the orphanage..

“You don’t need to learn how to drive I can always drive for you”

“*sigh* you’ll be graduating from college and will start working soon, it’s not like you’ll have that enough time to still drive for me”

“I’ll always make time for you, you know that”

She recalled those words said by Yunho.... “He was saying those things to me earlier today and now he’s already breaking it *sigh*” she said to herself....

They finally reached her house, she got out of the car and thanked the driver.... She went inside and go straight to her room, she cleaned up and got ready to sleep... Her phone kept on ringing but she ignored it knowing who it is.... she laid on her bed and sleep still pissed with Yunho.

Yunho on the other hand knew how angry Yoona is, he kept on calling her hoping she would eventually answer... He felt really guilty for not fulfilling his promise, he knows he won’t be able to sleep until he say sorry and hear Yoona’s voice but... he then gave up calling knowing that she might already be sleeping.

 

____________________________________

 

Next Day...

Yoona’s walking out of her school, holding her right lower ear and looking at the ground....

“Yoona-yang” she heard someone call in front of her, she looked up to see who it is and as soon as she saw who it is she turned and walk at the opposite side but Yunho caught her hand and turned her to face him... Yoona avoid his face and kept her eyes on the ground..

“Hey sweetie... I’m really sorry about yesterday.... I know you’re mad so can you please give me this day and allow me to make it up to you?” he said with a sweet endearing tone..... he then took a one long stem rose with a note saying “I’m sorry.... I love you!” on it, she looked up and Yunho has this pleading look with his puppy eyes... Yoona’s heart, like any other girls, was immediately melted by that..

“*sigh*... Okay” her wall was broken by just that look in his face... she actually planned on ignoring for a bit longer but... with just that lovely face of him she failed...

“Thank you!” Yunho said with a bright smile... He immediately held her hand and walk her to the car, opened the door for her and let her in.... He started the engine and started driving...

“Where are we going?” Yoona asked

“I have to show you something” He answered with a smile....

“what is it?” she asked again really curious

“You’ll know later” he reached out for her hand and locked their fingers... “I’m really sorry sweetie... I promise I won’t let that happen again” he said

“Don’t make promises.... this is why I’m asking you to teach me how to drive” she said

“O please.... I really hate hearing that topic from you” he said sounding like a child about to throw tantrums..

“why?! If I can drive you wouldn’t have a hard time driving for me”

“It was never and will never be hard for me to drive for you”

“But, you will start working you wouldn’t have time” she argued

“when that time comes, I’d rather hire a driver for you than let you drive on your own” he said

“I really am not gonna win on this, aren’t I?” she said giving up..

“Yes... so let’s stop it okay?” he answered now patting Yoona’s head

After almost an hour of driving they finally reached the place.... They parked in front of a tall building...

“what are we doing here?” Yoona asked

“I’ll show you something”..... They went inside and Yunho brought her to one of the condo unit... he opened the door and showed her inside...

“Is this yours Oppa?” she asked looking at view outside and so amazed on how nice, spacious the place is..

Yunho approached her and hug her from the back, he rested his chin on her shoulder...

“Yup... I’ll be moving here early next year after I graduate... do you like it?” he said with a smile

“really? You’ll be living alone?... I love it” she answered giggling

“Yes...  I’m really excited”

“I’ll help you move in... and.... can I do the interior?” she asked eagerly

“That’s really for you to do” he answered

“Yey!” she got really jumpy.. she loves fashion and interior, she’s currently in her sophomore year in college majoring in interior design.

“I was expecting that reaction from you.... you never fail to make me laugh” Yunho said while laughing over her reaction... he then turn her around to face him..

“And I was thinking...... we can celebrate our second anniversary here right?”

“right.... I’m soo excited” she said clapping her hands... Yunho pinched her nose.... “Ouch!’ she exclaimed..

“Sorry... I just can’t resist it” he said chuckling.... he then kissed her on her forehead, pulled her to his chest, and wrapped his arms around her.

“I love you Oppa” she said as she also wrap her arms around his waist

“I love you more sweetie” he said and kissed her head.