Chapter 26

Destiny's Game

 

“N... ne she... is” he finally uttered after redeeming his self from the state of shock he felt, he doesn’t know why he felt some kind of hesitation in saying those words he even consider just for a millisecond to deny it from her and he surely felt bad towards his own self for having that kind of thought. He composed his self as he put on the sincerest smile he could and started approaching Yoona thinking about business matters as possible.

It’s hard.... really damn hard being in this situation he is in right now, every time he sees her there’s this throbbing pain inside his chest that he just want to cut it open and crash whatever that thing that causes it. He wouldn’t deny that he’s still in a state of shock, who wouldn’t be? sometimes denial, a part of him also regrets something yet a big part, a very big part of him is just confused.... totally, undeniably confused. Even he himself couldn’t believe how he was able to act calmly after all that happened, the world he knew and lived in for two years suddenly crashed in front of him and he’s on the verge of losing his sanity at any moment but he has no other choice but to be strong, he needs to accept and swallow everything no matter how much it confuse and hurt him, no matter how unreal all those things are.... Everything that’s happening right now is very far from the reality he knows, it’s like a totally not funny joke from God.

It was just yesterday when he knew and met again the person he thought he had lost forever and he honestly doesn’t know how to feel or how to explain how’s he’s feeling, he actually wanted to be happy, he can even say that a part of him is really happy seeing her again yet another part of him is just hurt and scared, hurt that after all those dreadful days and excruciating pain they both experienced apart they just suddenly met again in a totally different world than that of what they had before, and scared of what might happen now that she’s back in his life, scared that he might end up hurting and losing these two people that he cherish and love. Everything is complicated and confusing that he just wanted to fall on his knees and cry, cry until he gets numb and feel nothing of all of these things....

He gestured Yoona towards the couch in the corner of the room as he followed her, he help her sit by supporting her and holding her crutch for her. “Are we going to wait for Changmin-ssi?” she asked as soon as he sat across her,

“we can... he’ll be very late though is that fine with you?” he’s trying his best to act as calmly as he can

“hmm..” Yoona pouted, that pout that was never erased from his mind seeing it made his heart throb so hard that he was shocked “God, it really is her.... it’s her... she’s real” those stupid words kept on playing on his mind while he’s looking at her “it’s actually fine with me but I might disturb your work”

Unable to take his eyes away from her face “anio... it’s okay” he answered with a small smile, Yoona felt conscious on how he’s looking at her “is there something wrong Yunho-ssi?” she asked snapping him back to reality “oh... nothing sorry” he sighed

Yoona chuckled on his reaction “You still couldn’t believe that I’m alive right?” she asked as if it was just a simple matter

Yoona look at her again “honestly... yes” he answered with a smile “I just can’t digest the fact that you’re here in front of me again.... you know I need time to adjust right?” he didn’t know why but Yoona suddenly laughed after he said that “am I that funny?” he jokingly asked, suddenly he felt lighter seeing her laugh like that

Yoona muffled her laugh “sorry...” and with a more serious face now “I don’t know, I just met you yesterday yet I just feel comfortable with you... I bet we were really close before, I really wish I could have my memory back” and with that Yunho felt like a big rock was thrown into his heart

“you don’t need to have them back you can always make a new one, I promised I would help you” he smiled, he really doesn’t want her to regain her memory so cause he knows that she would just get hurt when she does, they can make new memories with him being her best friend and nothing else.... he can do that... he thought.

“your right... but I still want to know the old me” she said looking down at the papers she’s holding with her right hand gently tugging and playing with her right ear

“nothing change much... you’re still you” he said with a grin plastered on his face, Yoona looked up “really... you just met me how can you be sure?”

He pointed his hand on her ear “same mannerism” he chuckled, Yoona just looked at him with wide eyes “tell me... what is it with your ear that you love touching it?”

Hearing what he said made Yoona really happy “really? I also do this before?” she asked wriggling her ear and flash him an all excited face, Yunho just laugh and nod

They kept on talked for hours about random things and mostly about her until Changmin arrived and they proceeded with the meeting. It was almost 2 in the afternoon when the meeting ended, Yoona excused herself and went to use the restroom.

“Hyung are you okay?” Changmin immediately asked as soon as Yoona was out of the room, he was observing his brother from the time that he arrived and he couldn’t really read his emotions that it’s already frustrating him since he can easily do that before

“It still seems unreal and complicated but I need to be okay Min” Yunho answered looking at his brother “I need to help her and you know how important she is to me” Changmin just nodded, he wanted to say a lot of things but he didn’t push it cause he understand what his brother is going through now.

“Don’t you think someone will recognize her here?” Yunho suddenly asked

“I thought about that but I guess no one will since they all know she’s... dead” he carefully said “and you also have a new secretary that doesn’t know her”

Yunho nodded “But we still can’t let her come here often we let anyone know yet that she’s alive”

“But why?” Changmin was suddenly confused

“she still needs to adjust... even us, everything is too complicated now and I don’t want to add anything to it yet, I didn’t even tell her what we really are before.... so you can’t tell this to anyone okay especially with the guys?”

“Okay..” Changmin could only agree and a sudden thought pop into his mind “How about.... Yuri?” he reluctantly asked, Yunho froze for a second hearing her name “I can’t tell her yet Min... not now”

“But...” he couldn’t continue his words as they heard the door opening and Yoona entering

“I should go now just call me if you have other questions and if you need anything” Yoona said stood and took her bag, she was about to turn when Yunho stopped her “wait... if you don’t have anything to do... we can go out and have lunch it’s almost 2 now” anticipation was written all over his face while Changmin gave him a strange look.

“Sure...” Yoona agreed without hesitation. The three of them out to have lunch at a restaurant near their building.

 

 

____________________________________

 

 

Since there were not much customer Yuri was sitting at the bar counter looking at her phone, it’s past lunch time already and she still doesn’t hear anything from Yunho he usually calls him around that time to check on her and to inform her if he can pick her up when her shift ends at 7, she tried calling him but his phone was off “Maybe he’s still in a meeting” she mumbled to herself

“Yah... get down from there” a familiar voice suddenly said making her jump from shock

“Oppa!” she exclaimed loudly while rubbing her chest with hand

“Pabo” Jaejoong chuckled as he offered her his hand and help her hop down from the counter, Yuri grab the bag he’s holding as soon as she landed on her feet “you’re so late... I’m starving I can eat Jiji alive” she blabbered while opening the lunchboxes Jaejoong brought

“Yah... I’m a busy person but I’m trying my best to cook you lunch could you be more thankful?” he said poking her head

“Thank you” she flash him a too wide smile “let’s eat” she grab his hand and pulled him down to sit under the counter, she gave him his lunchbox then they started eating. That became their routine ever since Jaejoong whined about getting tired of eating fastfood at lunch, they started taking turns on cooking and bringing lunch and ate it under the counter a spot Yuri love, sometimes Seohyun would join them but it rarely happened since she mostly have night shifts.

“where’s Yunho? You didn’t bring him lunch?” Jae asked with his mouth full of rice

“Nope... I think he’s busy he didn’t call yet” Yuri answered also with full “this is so yummy Oppa your cooking is the best” she was raising her infamous thumb again

“You like me better now?” He asked with a smirk Yuri nodded her head still focused on her food “Of course I do!”

Jaejoong chuckled “chincha?.... even better than Yunho?” he playfully asked

Yuri chuckled and pretended to stop and think for a while “hmm... No” she suddenly answered, stuck her tongue out then laugh. Jaejoong just stared at her for a while before continuing eating his food with a smile.

 

 

____________________________________

 

 

After lunch Changmin had a call and excused himself but not before giving his hyung a warning look that Yunho ignored. “I think I should go thank you for the food next time I should be the one to treat you guys” Yoona said with her angelic smile

“I’ll be expecting that” Yunho answered as he took a sip on his water. “are you going home now? where will you be staying?” he suddenly asked

“Oh.. I rented an apartment here”

“I see... can I ask if you know what happened to your family’s old house?”

“Mom said they already sold it... I actually want to go there just to see  how it looks like, I grew up there anyways”

“I can accompany you if you want” he offered with a smile, he really don’t know what’s going in his mind but he promised her he will help her know herself

Yoona’s face brighten “really?... that would be great!” she really is excited

“where is your place? I will drive you home” he said as they were preparing to leave

“No need... I can just take a cab I still have someplace to go” she humbly rejected

“then I’ll drive you there where is it?” he insisted “You can’t say no” he told her before she could say anything. Yoona was left with no choice but to agree, Yunho guided her and helped her get in his car before he hop in himself and started the engine “so where should I take you?” he brightly asked

“Seoul Hospital” she answered, Yunho almost immediately turned his head towards her with a concerned look on his face “why? Is there something wrong? Are you sick?” he worriedly asked, Yoona shook her head together with her hand “Ani... I’m perfectly fine I will just continue my therapy there so I can walk without a crutch” she answered,

Yunho could only nod, he finally understand and he felt a tugging pain again.... She’s going through all of this because of him and there’s no one there to support her. “then.. can I come with you?” he unconsciously asked

Yoona was taken aback by his question “Omo... Ani... no need I can do it myself you’re a busy person you can’t waste your time” she suddenly panicked blabbering every she can think to stop him

“It’s okay I don’t have much to anyway.... I’m your best friend remember I just want to help you with this” he glanced at her when he got no answer from her before taking his eyes back at the road “just let me okay?”

“But that would really take long like 3hours you’ll be bored” she reasoned one last time, it’s not like she really doesn’t want him to come she was just shocked by his offer and on how good he is to her, she just met him and it’s kinda hard for her to adjust.

“It’s okay... I won’t just watch I can help you with the therapy right?” and that’s it Yoona ran out of reasons so all she can do at the end is to agree and nod.

 

 

___________________________________

 

 

Yuri went directly at Yunho’s place after work, she kept on calling him but his phone is still off so she tried and called at the office his secretary said that he had a meeting and went out, after that call she stopped contacting him thinking that he might be busy entertaining investors or something similar and decided to go directly at his apartment.

She started preparing dinner hoping that he would arrive anytime soon, she decided to cook more since he might be so tired and hungry when he arrive. She finished cooking earlier than expected so she set all the food on the table and went to the living room to watch tv while waiting for him she looked at the time it’s already 8:05 “He’ll be here soon” she mumbled to herself before settling on the couch and turning on the tv.

 

 

 

"Well, sometimes love seems easy. Like... it's easy to love rain... and hawks. And it's easy to love wild plums...and the moon. But with people, seems like love's a hard thing to know. It gets all mixed up. I mean, you can love one person one way and another person in another way. But how do you know you love the right one in every way?."

- Where the Heart Is...

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

lovely readers and subscribers, you all are the best!! 113 subscribers and 7 votes..... Thank you all soo much! I'm so glad that you like this fic.... you made me gain all my inspiration back....I wanted to celebrate so here is an update though I don't think you will all like it but yeah..... It's part of life these things need to happen so let's understand Yunho please.... I'll defend him forever!lol

To those new subscribers, welcome and thank you! and please to those who havent please subscribe... please

And I love all your comments they keep me laughing and never fail to motivate me so please shower me with your comments!!!!:)

 

P.S: wasn't able to proof read sorry for the mistakes...