Chapter 34

Destiny's Game

 

 

 

“Here…” Yuri gave a questioning look at the person in front of her who’s handing her a paper bag

 

“what’s this ommoni?” she asked as she took the paper bag, she took out the content of the bag and smiled brightly upon seeing it “Omo! This is for me?” she asked her voice excited, the woman chuckled as she nod in response “it’s really pretty… Thank you soo much Ommoni!” She said amazed and eyes full of wonder, loving the knitted pale pink sweater given to her.

 

“winter is coming so I made that for you, I had fun making that and I love its colour, knitting clothes for the boys bores me” Mrs. Jung chuckled and so did Yuri

 

“it’s really pretty” Yuri said as she run the fabric over her cheek “and warm too” she smiled

 

“don’t tell Yunho I made that I haven’t knitted anything for him and Min for quite some time now” the woman playfully warned her

 

Yuri shook her head “No, I will definitely tell him and watch him drool from envy” she answered making the two of them laugh.

 

Mrs. Jung and Yuri are seated at the garden of the Jung Mansion having their tea after tending the garden. Yuri has been visiting Mrs. Jung whenever she has free time or when the latter calls her and ask for her company, she become so close to the mother of her man and Mr and Mrs. Jung are both really fond of her. Yuri loves helping her tend her garden and comfortably chat with her….

 

“So how are you dear, how are the two of you?” Mrs. Jung seriously ask after moments of laughter and somehow Yuri knows what the woman means

 

“We’re good ommoni” she simply answered.

 

Mrs. Jung held her hand and gave her a motherly look “I already know about it Yuri-a Yunho told me and I also know that you already do, I actually don’t know everything and I don’t need to, cause I don’t want to interfere in your matters, all I want to ask you is to trust my son, to understand him and still hold on to him, please do not let him go he needs you and that I know for sure” she look at Yuri with pleading eyes, a mother doing what a mother do for her child

 

“You understand him more than anyone does, I cannot question that” she added “I’m just asking you for more of that understanding and trust since this is a very complicated and hard situation for you, Yoona and Yunho, he is suffering Yuri-a my son is suffering again” tears are threatening to fall from her eyes as she recall that day Yunho came to her and cried helplessly in her arms.

 

“I know” Yuri softly said as she look down to their intertwined hands “You don’t have to worry ommoni I promised Yunho that I will never leave him until he tells me to and I promise you that also… I will stay beside him and hold on to him” she gave an assuring smile to the woman in front of her yet her face is still etched with sadness, fear and apprehension causing tears to fully fall from the mother’s eyes, Yuri is like a daughter to her also, she can see how much pain she is in yet she’s asking her something that will cause even more pain to her just for the sake of her son…

 

“O God! You’re such a selfless kid” she sobbed as she reach across her and caress Yuri’s face “tell me dear, you are hurting right?.. tell me, I am your mother too” and there Yuri broke into tears letting out her pain and fears….

 

“I’m… I’m just scared and…. And I feel like I’m preventing them to be together” Yuri tried to swallow the lump on as she wipe away and tried her best to stop tears to fall from her eyes “ I’m making it harder for Yunho, for them… and I…”

 

“No Yuri” Mrs. Jung cut her off “that is not true, you shouldn’t think like that… you were never and in no way be an obstacle between them, Yunho loves you and you know that. Of all things you are the person who saved my son’s life so you should never think of yourself like that okay?” Mrs. Jung strongly said “Please be strong Yuri-a… You have to be strong and hold on arraso?” they look into each other’s eyes and Yuri gave her a nod.

 

Her children are hurting and as much as she wants to do something to prevent them from more pain all Mrs. Jung can do is pray and hope that everything will end and be okay….

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri left the Jung Mansion right after eating lunch with Mrs. Jung and went directly to Oasis. Her sunshine smile is back again as she enter the place as if it is part of her uniform….And the scene that welcomed her made her stop on her place and just watch.

 

Seohyun is cleaning glasses on the other side of the counter looking all so annoyed and pissed, her deathly gaze is pinned to the person sitting in front of her who has a mock smirking face and is casually drinking his drink. Yuri chuckled as she observe and listen.

 

“One more glass” Changmin gave Seohyun a punch-worthy-smile as he raise his glass for another drink

 

Seohyun scoffed as she turn her back and grumpily made his drink, she slammed the glass carelessly in front of him spilling some of the content…

 

“Hey! Is that how a bartender should treat their customer? You’re waisting my drink” changmin exclaimed

 

“Is this how a busy chaebol running a big company should spend his lunch and afternoon drowning himself with alcohol?” Seohyun counter attacks

 

“I told you I have to meet Jaejoong hyung here… and why do you even care?” he smirked as he lean closer to her “tell me…. do you like me?” and there goes the eye-hiding-punch-worthy-smile again

 

Seohyuns eyes widen in disbelief “Omo!” she scoffed “Are seriously insane?! Excuse me but you annoy me big time” she exclaimed with a dramatic hand fanning gestures “You’ve been here for almost three hours already and sajangnim hasn’t show up, don’t you have other work to do that you have all those time to wait for him?”

 

Changmin lean back on his seat “fortunately for you I don’t have any other things to do meeting with Jae hyung is all there is so I have ample amount of time to annoy you more, isn’t that great?” he annoyingly wiggled his brows to her making Seohyun grunt in annoyance “Oh and you were timing me huh” he chuckled.

 

Yuri finally decided to show up knowing her friend needed some rescue or distraction maybe. “What’s happening here?” she said as she shows herself grinning stupidly. Seohyun heaved a great sigh of relief

 

“Oh… Yuri anneong!” Changmin greeted her as she sat beside him

 

“Why are you here? It’s your off today” Seohyun said

 

“I need to check my locker I can’t find my prescription I need to buy meds “ Yuri answered

 

“Again?!” Seohyun rolled her eyes,

 

Yuri stuck her tongue out in reply then face Changmin “Why are you here Oppa?” she asked

 

Changmin sighed “waiting for that stupid Kim Jaejoong he kept on saying he’s on his for about six times now, watch what I’ll do to him when he arrives” he hissed

 

Yuri chuckled “As much as I want to I have to go find my prescription first and run to the hospital to get a new one in case it’s not here” she said as she hop off the stool and went to her locker.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Yuri left Oasis immediately after failing to find her prescription, she needs to get to the hospital as fast as she can before her doctor’s clinic hours end so she hail a cab and once inside she dialled Yunho’s number to inform him but he’s not answering so she just sent him a text message telling him that she’ll be going to see her doctor and asking him to call her.

 

She arrived at Seoul Hospital and went directly to her doctor’s clinic to ask for a new prescription and was lucky enough to arrive just before the doctor leaves.

 

“You are alone today? Where’s your boyfriend” her doctor ask while writing his prescriptions

 

“Ne. He’s at work” Yuri answered “I just rushed here when I couldn’t find the prescription”

 

“I see” Dr. Yoon hand her the paper “here, do not skip your medicines okay and don’t let yourself run out of inhalers” the doctor reminded her

 

“Ne” she got up “Thank you Dr. Yoon I’ll go now” she bowed to the old doctor and left his clinic.

 

Once out of the room she took out and check her phone for any messages from Yunho but there are none making her pout and sigh…. She wants to talk to him and hear his voice so bad, she wants to know if he’s okay and if he already ate. She wants to ask him if she can come to his office and wait for him so he can take her out to dinner because she craves Japanese food…… Yet she ended up sending him a message again telling him she’ll just buy her meds and go home.

 

She started walking towards the elevator while reading the prescriptions the doctor gave her to know what medicines she needs to buy, she halted right in front of the lift to wait for it still reading her prescriptions.

 

“Did he change something?” she said to herself noticing some different brand of medicines in the list, and as she skim through the two pages of prescriptions when suddenly one of the pages fell, flown away and stepped on by the other people walking on that hallway so she run to where it landed and crouch down to pick it up and dust it off,

 

She was about to turn around to go back to the elevators when the double doors of the room that she is facing which is the Physical Therapy Department suddenly opens and to her surprise Yunho comes walking out guiding a woman holding a crutch on one side of her body while Yunho is holding her other arm carefully guiding and helping her, her bag was slung over Yunho’s shoulder and they are chatting and laughing as they walk slowly out of the room.

 

Yuri got pinned and frozen on her place watching them laugh so happily as they take slow measured steps out of the room, his hands securely holding her arm. They look so happy, Yunho look so happy and carefree and seeing it felt like a stone was thrown into her chest. Seeing it suddenly made her so mad and she doesn’t know why, she hates it, seeing him like that, hearing his laughter, she hates it so bad..…

 

Her mind suddenly went blank and she just wanted to turn around and run away and hide but her body just won’t move, her mind won’t function, her eyes won’t blink the only thing that she felt moving is her pounding heart everything else felt numb.

 

Then suddenly she felt open “Oppa” she felt utter the word but she didn’t hear any sound come out of if.

 

But Yunho seemed to have heard her call cause he suddenly turn his head towards her direction then stop on his tracks the moment he saw her standing rooted on her place with all the hate and pain etched on her face… his carefree aura turned into a horrified one, his protective grip on Yoona’s arm loosens as he look at the vulnerable figure of Kwon Yuri standing there three feet away from him.…

 

“Yu…. Yuri-a” was the only thing he was able to utter….

 

 

 

 

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________

 

sorry for the crappy writing and,

I wasn't able to proof read cuz I'm soo sleepy sorry!

will post the continuation as soon as I can....