Chapter 11

Destiny's Game

 

 

Yunho’s longing for Yoona is eating him up again he feels so helpless, loss and weak... His mind is so occupied the moment he woke up, his mind is full of Yoona’s thoughts, he wants to see her, hear her and feel her so much that it’s killing him. But there’s also this part of him that couldn’t forget the conversation he had the other night with Jaejoong, Yuri’s thoughts keeps on bugging him, he feels like he owe her so much and he was so curious about her...

With all those mind bugging thoughts, grief and loneliness he’s feeling, he found himself driving and parking to a very familiar and memorable place for him and Yoona..... He parked and hop out of his car at the front gate of the orphanage he and Yoona always visits, he went there and was kinda dragged by his own feet with a reason he doesn’t know. He knows he will just deepen his wounds and add up to the pain and longing for Yoona the moment he enters the place, but something in him is like dragging him in and telling him he should go there..

He let out a sigh and entered the huge gate, he walks directly at the back yard of the orphanage where the children’s playground is located, fully ignoring and walking pass the chapel in front. It’s not that he’s mad and blaming God for taking Yoona away, it’s just that he couldn’t accept it and find the courage to face Him with his pure heart, not at the moment, not when his in this state. The moment he saw children happily playing with their bright smiles and innocent eyes, he tried his best and pulled out his sincerest smile...

“Kids” He called them as he squat down holding up the bags of candies and chocolates he is holding. The moment the children saw him they all ran up to him cuddling and clinging to him. “Omo, uri Jiyeon-ah.. How have you been?” he greeted one of the kids who’s clinging on his side..

Jiyeon did a thumbs-up smiling happily “I’m fine... we missed you Oppa and pretty unnie, Is she with you today?” she asked innocently. Yunho’s smile faded upon hearing Yoona’s nickname from the kids, he was taken aback and doesn’t know how to answer her question, he was not prepared for that question.. But he tried and managed to pull himself back together “here I have candies and chocolates for you” he said to the kids not answering their questions about Yoona.

“Kids... unnie will go now... I’ll be...” a voice was heard approaching them, Yunho immediately turned his head up to look at the owner of the voice and both of them froze upon seeing each other, it’s her, it’s Yuri.... she’s walking from the chapel together with one of the nuns of the orphanage, she looks happy with her bright smile and the sun’s shining on her illuminating her lovely face and emanating a pretty aura from her, Yunho realized that it was the first time he saw her at daytime, and first time he has actually seen her face clearly, he didn’t realize how lovely she is.....

The moment Yuri saw him, her smile and bright aura suddenly disappeared, she immediately removed her eyes from him and turned her attention to the children “I...unnie will go now, I’ll try to come again next week okay.. bye” she waved to the kids. Yunho immediately sat up and walks towards her “Why are you here?” he asked her as he stopped in front of her.

“I... I’m just... visiting the children” she answered not looking at him “I have to go” she turned to walk away but Yunho grabbed her wrist, she looked at him surprised.

“Can we have a talk?” Yunho asked still holding her wrist, Yuri was about to shove his hand off her when she felt someone tugging her shirt she looked down and saw Jiyeon looking at the both of them, “Yullie unnie, is Yunnie Oppa your chingu?” she asked innocently. Yunho let go of her hand “ah... ne Jiyeon-ah unnie and I are chingus” Yunho answered, Yuri flashed him a surprised irritated look

“Hhm... then pretty unnie is also her chingu?” Jiyeon asked with a bright sparkling smile while pointing at Yuri, Yunho froze again and lost all his composure “ah... ye.. yes” he forced himself to answer trying his best to hide his pain. Yuri looked at him and there she saw again the pain in his eyes, her heart melted and sank again seeing him like that. Yuri turned to jiyeon “Jiyeon-ah, unnie and oppa will have a talk first okay?” she said and the kid nodded and left. She faced Yunho who’s now looking into nothingness “wh... what do you want to talk about?” she asked bringing Yunho back to his senses

The two of them sat in one of the benches, trying to make distance as much as they can. There was a complete silence and awkwardness around them until Yunho broke the silence “I... I just want to thank you for... helping me that night when I was drunk” he took a glance at Yuri whose not answering and just looking at her hands on her lap “thank you for driving me home and.... lending me a shoulder to cry on” Yuri finally look up to him with a cute questioning look, Yunho chuckled “Yes... I remember if that’s what you want to ask with that look of yours” Yuri turned her head away, she didn’t realize that he remember it.

“unfortunately I remembered all of it after our little argument and” he stopped seeing Yuri’s look, she really looked like she was hurt by him a lot “and... I also think I...owe you an apology.... I’m really sorry for yelling and for all the things I said that night” he said slowly glancing at her.

Yuri took a deep breath “It’s okay... I’m also very sorry I know I’m also wrong” she said looking at him, “then I guess were good?” Yunho asked and Yuri just nods. No matter how hurt she was with his harsh words that night she couldn’t deny that she was also wrong and she just really couldn’t get mad at him cuz she knows what he’s going through.

There was a complete silence again, they are just watching the children unable to look at each other. “Oh.. I haven’t introduced myself properly yet... I’m Jung Yunho” he broke the silence again extending his hand to her for a hand shake, Yuri reached it “I’m Kwon Yuri” she smiled. They started their conversation trying to break the awkwardness.

“I’m Jaejoong’s friend by the way.... best friend I guess” Yunho chuckled unsure “Really?” Yuri looked at him surprise.

“Why do you look surprise?”

“Ah... no... it’s just that I haven’t seen you before” she answered shyly

“well... we also wasn’t able to meet since we graduated college” he answered matter-of-factly

“Oh... he’s back now have you met him?”

“Yes just last night at the bar.... you seem close to him?”

“me?... I don’t know... maybe... well he’s really kind he doesn’t treat his employees different that’s why we’re close to him” Yuri pulled a smile.

“well he’s really like that even when we were young, that’s why he’s Mr. popular” they both chuckled.

“Hhm... can I ask you something?” Yuri asked hesitant

“Yes.. what is it?” Yunho looked at her

“Why do you go here?”

“Well... we always visit here even before, we play with the children and took their pictures... this is a really special place for us” with the we, and the us Yuri already know who he’s talking about and felt a little bit guilty asking that question. “How about you?” Yunho asked. Yuri smiled “This place specially that chapel” she points at the chapel “this is the place that made me start my new life.... you see... I found the answer to all my questions in here and that made me move on and start anew... soo this place holds a special spot in my heart” she looked at Yunho who has a puzzled look on his face “Is my answer weird?” she chuckles

“no... no... I think I kinda understand” Yunho answered. “You do?.... then you’re a weirdo” they both chuckled. Yunho actually really didn’t understand her answer and find it weird he just thought that maybe it has something to do with her past that he knew.

“so... you’re also always here?.... how come we didn’t see each other before?” Yunho wonders. “Yeah... maybe were just not meant to meet at all” she answered absent mindedly

Yunho’s been contemplating on whether he could ask her something about her past. He don’t know why but he’s really curious about her maybe because he knows that she is the only person that can understand his pain. “Erm... Yuri-sshi” he looked at her and she looked back, he held her look for a moment before asking “I actually.... not intentionally.... knew something about you last night”

“Hhmm... what is it?” she answered curiously

“Well I heard Jaejoong ask about you from your friend and.... there I knew about.... your...” he couldn’t finish so Yuri just smiled at him a sad smile “Ahh... that... yes it was their death anniversary yesterday”

“I’m really sorry.... when I heard about it I finally understood all the things you told me the night we argued and.... I really felt bad so I’m glad I saw you here today” Yuri didn’t answer him. She was just looking into space and finally spoke... She just felt the urge to tell him about it...

“It was days before my graduation, I was so happy walking home that night cuz it was announced that I’ll be receiving lots of academic awards so I was excited to tell my parents..... I was walking with Hyemi and as we approach my home we heard sirens and it kept louder and louder as we come nearer then.... I started to see and smell smokes, then suddenly I was running.... I stopped in front of our house it was already covered with fire together with other houses, the first thing I did was to look around for them but then I heard an ahjumma cried ‘they’re still inside help them’ at that moment I heard my mom... she was crying for help and... “ tears started to fall from her eyes and she choke from her words “and I tried to run and help them but they stopped me.... They kept on crying and shouting inside and I couldn’t do anything... I just watched them I was so useless” she’s now sobbing

Yunho unconsciously move a little closer to her “Sshh... it’s okay... stop now you don’t have to say anymore” he handed her his handkerchief and lightly patted her back. His heart was broken seeing this weak and fragile girl broke into tears in front of him he couldn’t imagine what she has gone through... How could a fragile looking girl experienced that alone.

“I’m sorry” Yuri said after wiping her tears and recovering herself. “I know your grieving right now... I must’ve made you feel worse”

“No... I’m actually curious about it... about you.. after Jae told me about it last night... I’m just glad you opened up to me” he looked at her “I... h... how... I couldn’t imagine you’ve gone through all of that”

Yuri smiled at him “Now you know... why I understand you so much?... It’s because I know that... I know that pain’

“And... how were you able to.... live... I mean look at you now”

“It was hard... so hard.... I can’t explain how I was feeling that time, I feel like I’m dying... I actually wanted to” she then looked at him “but I was able to live... because I have to.... I sure can understand your pain but I couldn’t measure it... no one could... I don’t know if it’s as much as mine or more but... you have look around you, you still have your family, you have a good brother, you have friends they all love you and are beside you so... If you couldn’t find it in your heart to live for your own then at least... try to live for them, make them the reason for you to live... If you have a reason to live, then you don’t have to quit” she said sincerely

“I... I don’t know how” He said almost un audible

“Look for it.... time heals.... and there’s always an answer and a way to everything you just have to believe... remember, you wouldn’t really live past it cuz it was... she was the greatest part of you she maybe half of you and half of you is gone now but, there’s still the other half and it’s still alive and you have to make it take over to make you whole again”

Yunho looked at her sincerely and she looked back and saw something in his eyes.... was she able to give him hope now? Is that a glint of hope she sees in him?

“Help me” he said looking straight into her eyes “please...”

 

 

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,

but anyone can start today and make a new ending. 


- Maria Robinson 

 

 

_____________________________________

Okay now enough of the drama Yunho let's start moving on with the help of our y goddess...:))

 

Thank you for all your comments and appreciation...

please keep on leaving your comments....

By the way.. can you guys suggest a great trailer maker shop?

I want this story to have a very nice trailer... please...

thank you again!:))