Chapter 10

Destiny's Game

 

Yunho parked in front of Oasis (bar), he stared at the entrance contemplating on whether he should enter.... Changmin’s words earlier hit him and makes him feel a bit sorry to Yuri but, a bigger part of him still doesn’t or wouldn’t care....

 

Flashback:

Yunho is at his apartment lying lazily at the couch in his messy living room with a bottle of alcohol in his hands, he’s staring at the ceiling looking into nothingness... The doorbell then rang but he ignored it... but it didn’t stop until a loud knock was heard

“Hyung open the door” Changmin called out.... Yunho then sighed then stand up and wobbled to the door, he opened the door and walk back to the couch. Changmin stopped at the door way sighing at the sight in front of him, he went directly to the kitchen with the bags of food he brought...

Changmin looked really tired, all the work that Yunho left in their company was shouldered by him and he also need to take care of his brother.... but he cannot complain because he knows what his brother is going through right now. Patience and understanding is all that he can give for him now... He loves his hyung so much that it pains him seeing him like that, the strong, confident and happy Yunho is gone... he is now so broken and in great agony.

“Hyung did you eat?” He asked as he sat at the couch across Yunho. Yunho just shook his head without looking at him. “I brought kimchi stew and some beef from home, want to eat?” Changmin asked while cleaning all the bottles and trash in the living room... “Later” Yunho answered

“Erm.... Hyung” Changmin sat back at the couch, Yunho looked at him “Ahm... have you been to Oasis again?” he asked hesitantly

“not yet... why?” Yunho answered flatly, thoughts of Yuri and their argument suddenly entered his mind that is filled with thoughts of Yoona...

“I... I think.... you should atleast apologize to her, Don’t you think?” Changmin asked observing his hyung’s reaction.... “why would I?” Yunho asked back now staring at his brother.... “Well... I think you were too rude to her... you called her a and hyung... and we both know she’s not, besides..”

“how sure are you that she’s not?... and that’s not even the point, she started that fight because she’s being nosy, prying on other peoples life...... tss... why do we even have to talk about her?” Yunho’s temper starting...

“Well I don’t think she’s being nosy and I’m also sure she’s not a .... I’ve talked  to her the night she brought you home and.... I can clearly see she’s very concern about you.... and... and there’s something in her eyes, that I couldn’t explain it’s... it’s like she can feel you, like she shares your pain” Changmin said with his fingers rubbing his chin while looking into nothingness and deep in his thoughts. Yunho felt uneasy with Changmin’s words, those were the exact feelings he felt and saw the night they had their argument... What’s really with her?..

End of Flashback....

 

Yunho heaved a sigh before hopping out of his car and entering the bar, he walked directly to his favorite spot expecting to see Yuri at the other side of the counter.... But to his surprise... different bartender greeted him...

“Anneonghaseo” the girl bowed with a bright smile but losses it and changed it into a frown the moment she saw his face, Yunho was too busy looking around to find the one he’s looking for to even notice the bartenders reaction “would you like a drink sir?” she asked coldly

“Ahh... tonic and gin” he answered not paying much attention “Is she not on duty tonight? Or... did she got terminated because of our fight?” he thought to his self while looking down at his hands..

“Hyemi, can you please give me a drink” a very familiar husky voice was heard beside Yunho, he looked up to see who it is... It was a man with a very pretty girly features.... Yunho smiled at his realization. “Hey” Yunho patted the man’s shoulder

“Omo... Yunho-a!” the man replied cheerfully, but his cheerful face turned into a concerned one the moment he saw his friend’s messed up look “Hey... how are you? I was in Japan when.... I heard what happened” he asked cautiously not wanting to add salt on Yunho’s wound...

Yunho gave him the sincerest smile he could give “I don’t think I can answer you with any nice words Jae” he answered looking away.... “I’m really sorry.... Yunho-a” Jaejoong pat his friend’s back, Yunho looked at him and changed the topic

“I’m here at your bar almost everynight... I’m sure your sales will increase” Yunho managed to joke. “Really?.... well thank you” Jaejoong chuckled....

“Since your back... you should be my drinking buddy now” Yunho raised his glass for a toast

“And the drinks are on me” Jaejoong also raised his glass.... Jaejoong transferred his attention to the bartender who looks really curious “Hyemi give us more”

“Ah... ne..” Hyemi answered as she gets more alcohol

“Ahh... where’s Yuri?” Jaejoong asked her. The moment he heard Yuri’s name Yunho stares at the two curiously, he’s been wondering where Yuri is....

“Ah... she’s on leave today” Hyemi answered as she put the alcohol in front of the two men.... Jaejoong paused to think for a while “Ah right... it is today right?” he asked again to Hyemi, Hyemi nodded with a sad smile... Yunho just kept staring and listening at the two.

“Did she go alone?.. you should’ve accompanied her”

“Well I want to... but you know her she won’t allow me, she says she doesn’t want to bother me” Hyemi shrugged her shoulder.

Jaejoong let out a sigh “Aigoo... that girl” his face very serious... He turned his head back to Yunho “Oh... I’m sorry for that” he smiled

“It’s okay” Yunho answered. His curiosity level went higher with what he heard and saw in jaejoong’s expression, he seems to know Yuri very well and he’s really eager to ask him but... he doesn’t know how and what to ask and... Hyemi will surely hear them..

“Soo... do you want to talk about it?” Jaejoong asked cautiously

“Ah.... to be honest... not really” suddenly the pain strikes back at Yunho and the hole in his heart started to hurt again...

“I understand.... I’m sorry I wasn’t here that time Yun” the two of them are talking without looking at each other... Jaejoong is the closest friend of Yunho next to his brother, they were classmates since elementary and they attended the same college and took up business course. Their families are two of the riches and famous business tycoons in Korea and they are the heirs of their own companies. They have lots of things in common that’s why they are very close but when they started managing their own businesses they weren’t able to see each other that much with their busy schedules.

“It’s okay.. I know your busy”

Jaejoong looked at his friend’s face observing him from head to toe “But... you don’t really good man” He sighed.... “I know” Yunho smiled.... “I really don’t know what to say Yun... really... I know you’ve heard enough from other people and I also know it doesn’t help that much cuz they’re not in your position so... I won’t say anything, anymore I’ll just be your drinking buddy... is that good enough?” he asked pouring Yunho a drink and raising his glass.

“Better..” Yunho raised his glass...

There was a complete silence as the two continued drinking. Then Yunho noticed Hyemi was gone and took that chance to ask Jaejoong.....

“Jae” Yunho looked at Jaejoong “Ahhm... the other bartender... Yuri?”

“Yes... what about her?”

“Why is she not here and... why do you look so serious earlier talking about her?”

“Hhmm... you know her?” Jaejoong asked curiously

“well... as I said I’m here almost every night” Yunho chuckled

“She’s on leave” pause “That girl, she’s very hard working, she won’t stop working unless it’s her day off or she’s very sick and... she only takes a leave on this one day every year.... like today” Jaejoong looks really serious as if he’s reminiscing something...

“Why?... what’s with today?.... her birthday?” Yunho’s really getting more curious and eager...

“No... that silly girl even forgets her birthday” Jaejoong chuckles “It’s their anniversary..... death anniversary”

“Their? Who?” Yunho felt a sudden pinch on his chest

Jaejoong nodded “Her family” Jaejoong sighed.... Yunho’s heart, if it’s still in place and beating, sank.... He felt the hole in his chest throb with pain....

“W... what happened?” Yunho asked... Jaejoong looked at him and continued.

“If I remember it right... It was days before her high school graduation, her parents and older brother died when their house got caught in a fire.... Yuri was walking on her way home from a school retreat when it happened and she saw it... all of it... how her whole family got trapped in their house, she heard their cries... she saw them die..... could you imagine how much trauma she got after that? Losing your whole family and seeing it with your own eyes...” jaejoong let out a loud sigh

Yunho suddenly felt soo weak, he couldn’t believe what he just heard.... All of the things that Yuri said the night they had an argument echoed back in his mind, her face, how she looked so hurt and cried her heart out.... So, this is why she looked like she understands him, why she seem to feel the pain he’s feeling because she’d been there, she exactly know how it feels, how painful it is that you just want to die. She lost her whole family, while he lost his one and only love... Yunho wonders, how much pain did she felt or still feeling is it as much as his? Or is it more like what she said?..... but, he couldn’t imagine any pain more than he is with now.... A weak vulnerable girl witnessing her family’s death, how heart breaking could it be?

“w... wh...what happened.... to her...a..after?” Yunho managed to ask trying to swallow the lump on his throat

Jaejoong looked at him “Hyemi said she didn’t speak after the incident, she won’t eat and just cry, weep, sob, wail... whatever you call it... even in her sleep... I don’t know exactly cuz I never saw her in that state.... All I know is that she went through a great depression and trauma.... She lost everyone and no one was left... I can’t even imagine how painful was that and she was all alone, young and vulnerable.... But, she’s very strong, look at her now she was able to stand, move on and continue her life” Jaejoong let out a smile, he knows that by saying and sharing Yuri’s story it will somehow hit something in Yunho, whether it will be good or bad, that he’s not really sure....

 “I don’t know how she does it but... she’s really a very cheerful girl isn’t she?” Jaejoong chuckled, Yunho nodded still deep in his own thoughts “But, when this time comes, her family’s death anniversary.... we all get worried over her, she’ll suddenly change, she’ll be quiet and the cheerful Yuri will be gone until she recovers herself again... sometimes I wonder how she does it, how she hides lonely Yuri and cover it with happy and cheerful one” Jaejoong said seriously

Yunho stared into nothingness, his eyes blank.... “How much did she suffer.... alone... How can she still... continue on her life?” he mumbled to himself. He started feeling dizzy as he gulp the alcohol in his glass....

“I KNOW!!!! I know how it feels, how painful it is that you just wanted to die.... I clearly do!.... You just lost one person in your life... you still have a lot! You’re not the only person in this damn world that lost someone and are grieving..... stop being a drama queen and act as if God has forsaken you.... you’re alive she’s dead.... live with it!!!”

Those words echoed repeatedly in his mind and pierced through his already broken heart.... She’s hurting and he added to her pain, he caused her more pain... He couldn’t imagine how he has hurt her with his harsh words, how he brought back the pain she may be hiding and locked in the deepest part of her.....

 

 

 

Grief is a most peculiar thing; we're so helpless in the face of it. It's like a window that will simply open of its own accord. The room grows cold, and we can do nothing but shiver. But, it opens a little less each time, and a little less; and one day we wonder what has become of it.

--Arthur Golden

 

__________________________________

New Character.... Jaejae:))

So Yuri's past was revealed....

 

Please enjoy the chapter...

Thank you for all the comments and subscribers..

Please keep on leaving your comments and suggestions 

if you have eny idea froe this fic feel free to tell me I would love to hear it..