Chapter 5- Progress

TENANT

 

 

Two men stands at the billing station of the hospital, Taehyung wants to pay for the hospital bill but he later figure out that his wallet was gone and in additional to that, the bill was already paid by the younger man.

Taehyung turns to face the young man with hand leveled up to his chest, Jungkook’s heart skipped a bit assuming that the older man was asking for his hand. But no, he knew better than that so he asked what?

“The receipts, I need them so I know how much I owe you” Jungkook puts both of his hands into his pocket and shrug his shoulders. He bit his lower lip and avoids the other man’s eyes.

“I’ll forgot where I put it, any ways, let’s eat first” he then turn around to completely drop the subject.

“What do you want to eat?” Jungkook asks again when he felt that Taehyung catch up to him.

“I will be fine with anything” he answers.

“Really? Then let’s eat a proper meal”

And they are now sitting in a restaurant Jungkook watch as Taehyung eats his food and he felt contented.

The next day, Taehyung found himself doing groceries in a not so usual way, he walk towards the bread section but he was stopped by a hand, turns out that his acquaintance doesn’t like the idea of him eating bread.

“You should buy some fresh meat and veggies” in a moment he was dragged into the meat section and the other person put Korean beef, pork and some fish into his basket before walking towards the fruits and vegetables, Taehyung ended up following the said man and frowning when he saw his own cart taken away.

“You really love to do groceries?” he asks the young man who puts banana, grapes and apple into his cart, then he pick some lemons before the oranges.

“I don’t…” Jungkook was out of his mind and busy reading the label of an item in his hand, but then he thought of his answer and look at Taehyung with big eyes “I mean, I don’t usually do it... but I love to… it’s just that I don’t have enough time for it.” He explains himself while a small smile starts to appear to the other’s lips.

“Yeah, same here” he then reach out for his strawberry milk drink and put a couple of them into the cart. “I think I’m done” he added afterwards.

Jungkook eyeing the items on the basket, thinking that some things were missing, well that was just an excuse because he do not want to get separated with Taehyung for the moment.

“You only got foods, you haven’t buy things like bath soap, detergent and shampoos?” Taehyung look at him confused and then he realized that he might sound like a ert.

“You are right, I still have stocks at home, but I think I should buy them too” Jungkook shook his head when the other man was nowhere to be seen, probably went to get those items he mentioned before. He sigh to himself realizing he just lost another chance to do grocery shopping with him in the near future. Selfish huh.

They ended up with couple of plastic bags in both hand, Jungkook hums to himself because he had a chance to send the older to his house, well the rundown apartment.

“Thank you for helping me do the groceries and giving me ride” they were now inside the apartment and the younger carefully place the bags on the table.

“It’s almost time for lunch, should we eat together?” the younger look at Taehyung who’s washing the vegetables and fruits before placing them in the refrigerator, good thing so he missed how huge the smile on the younger lips are, and he will be embarrassed for sure.

“Yeah, what do you want to eat?” Jungkook make sure to clear his throat before answering.

“Pizza and cola” this makes Jungkook pout, sure he likes pizza too, but it’s not a good idea. What Taehyung needs right now is a healthy meal.

“How about kimchi, fried rice and chicken?” he suggested at the same time fishing his phone to order food online.

Taehyung look up to him then smile before nodding, “okay, I’m fine with it too”

______

“You know my house is not a hotel right?” Donghae sat down on the edge of the bed, the man lying on the said bed move further to the other side and cover himself with a duvet, not wanting to hear some scolding early in the morning.

“Get up, you have to go to work today” he said one more but only answered by a groan, Donghae decided to pat the figure a couple of times before pulling the cover and completely revealed a messy hair man who wore his pajamas, curling himself into a ball.

“Lee Eugine, wake up… your senior manager was calling” Donghae jumps a little when the figure suddenly sat up, looking for his phone only to see it on the floor and the time states seven in the morning, and yes he really have missed calls from Jung Hoseok.

“Hyung, why didn’t you wake me up earlier?” he rushed to the bathroom and took a quick shower, when he is done he saw a pair of clean clothes with underpants on the bed, once dressed he did not bother to dry his wavy hair or take a breakfast, he thanked the owner of the house and clothes then went out to go to work.

Eugine was late by a total of thirty minutes when he arrive to his work place, he greeted everyone before he head to his table and saw a file, wasting no time he start his work. Hoseok on the other hand was leaning against his table and watch as the intern rushed to his table and starts working only then he sat on his swivel chair and starts his work too.

When the time for lunch arrives they both went to the cafeteria and eat their lunch, Taehyung is still not around and so does Somi. What a relief for the both of them.

“You are late this morning” Hoseok pointed a fact and Eugine paused for a moment.

“Yes, I’m sorry” he admitted then continue eating while his other hand scrolls on his hand phone.

“And you did not answer my calls, I thought you were dead” this time he completely look at his hyung with wide eyes, but those eyes were slightly covered by his wavy hair.

“Hey what are you saying?!” Hoseok just laugh at him and took a sip on his sprite. He watch as the younger flipped his hair away from his face just for it to fall again.

“What made you late that you don’t even have time to fix your hair?” Hoseok stand up and walk around the table, “let me help you” Eugine tilt his head backwards and let the older male tie his hair. “Uh. You have something to tie this?” Eugine give him the hair elastic he saved inside his coat’s pocket and Hoseok took the hair elastic making a cute bun out of his hair, showing his forehead.

Eugine use his phone as a mirror to check his profile and smile when he saw how it looks. “You know how to do it” he said tugging some strands of hair to fall and make it more fashionable.

“Yep I always tie my dog’s hair like that” Eugine’s smile becomes a pout but didn’t touch his hair again.

When the lunch time is over they both walk towards the elevator, Hoseok’s eyes catches how the female employees eyeing the younger man walking beside him, you know that look with adoration and he hears someone said wow.

This kid is eye catching huh? He thought to himself.

They were turning on the corner when he accidentally bump into someone, he apologize without knowing who it is but was surprised when it was the CEO of the company, and his assistant.

“Hyung are you okay?” Eugine asks and both of them answered ‘yes’ “we have to go back, or else they would think were slacking time or were lazy” Eugine said tugging Hoseok’s arm before excusing themselves and walk away.

Hyukjae on the other hand was lost of words and just follow the retreating men with his eyes.

“Are those your clothes?” he asks Donghae who seems to not care about it, he just nods then signals him it’s time to go.

“Seriously? You lend him the clothes I gave you?” he asks with narrow eyes and clenched teeth.

Donghae look back at him with wide eyes, how... how can he forget about that. Oh no, now he had to deal with a mad Hyukjae.

The ride was silent, Hyukjae did not say anything after the incident that happened, no matter what Donghae said, explain or do, he just don’t listen and keeps his mouth shut.

_____

“I will be coming back to work tomorrow” Jungkook watch how Taehyung smiles while talking to his friend on the phone. He was about to bid goodbye when the older man receives a call and now talking to his ‘friend’ their conversation took a couples of minutes and finally he heard them say bye before the call ended.

“I should keep going” Jungkook stood up from the sofa and walks up to the door where Taehyung walk up to catch him.

“You should get some rest” he added with a smile in which the other returns.

“See you at work tomorrow” he said then turn around ready to leave when a hand stops him.

“Wait, I need your email or contact number?” Jungkook’s heart skipped a bit, wow! he don’t need to make excuses this time, to be honest he’s been thinking of a way to keep in touch with him, not like they won’t see each other again.

“I promise to help you with the house hold chores right?” Taehyung added when he saw the younger stunned face.

With a sweetest smile he have that day he give his contact number to him, and little did he know that his mile makes Taehyung’s heart pounds.

The moment Jungkook reached home he went to his bathroom and take a shower, today is one of the best day of his life. He grabs his now precious phone and scroll through the contacts, tapping a certain number and sending him a message.

To: Macho Dr. Choi,

I made progress today!

Macho Dr. Choi:

Good. Now get laid!

For a moment, Jungkook regreted his decision, he must have Texted his baker and chef hyungs instead.

 

 

 

 

-----

hello guys, i would like hear your thoughts about this story, hope you dont mind leaving comments or subscribing, thank you in advance

- love, author <3