Chapter 21- Dinner Time

TENANT

 

Everyone was a bit upset because they can only have salads and smoothies for dinner, some just eats their fruits as it is, but there are some of them who manage to make a proper meal, for example a half-blood Filipina who make a Filipino dish called ‘pinakbet’ using string beans, squash, and eggplant. Another one make a sautéed veggies, some sandwiches, some Indonesian dish such as 'gado-gado, pecel, urap'. Japanese cuisine were present too and of course the famous bibimbap of Korea. One person make a pumpkin soup. Not to mention some weird looking dishes, all in all it looks like an international cuisines of fruits and veggies. But what makes Kangin happy is that he saw some employees trading their baskets, well there is no rules about that.

Once they finish the preparation, Yesung asks them to take their seats and put the foods they prepare on their table. “We didn’t expect this from you guys, but you actually surprise us with your dishes. The truth behind this is that first, we want to see if you will willing to consume our own products; second, is to see you help each other, as per what I saw-- you guys did a good job, and third one just to bring out your creativity, we want you to know that we, the employees in this island were doing the same every day. There is no better way to teach you guys the importance of nature than to experience it yourself. We, the production department are very happy on how this turn out.”

“And you guys exceeds our expectation too, to be honest even the higher management didn’t know something like this waits for us” Donghae stated with a loud voice making everyone laugh.

“Of course we treated you all fair and equal” Hangeng answered with a glee.

“Yes, going back to the main topic, I personally hope that this outing will be annually, right? Rightful owners” Yesung saw his friends covered their mouths, and they were enveloped by the glee in everyone’s eyes.

“And because you did great, we will give you all a reward” Yesung’s announcement brings joy to their employees.

The hotel staffs enters the event hall with different types of food, there are pork, fish, and beef dishes, turns out that while everyone was busy with their Nature’s salad, the hotel kitchen was busy preparing their meals too. Everyone was happy, and once again their belly were full of organic foods.

They went back to the hotel after dinner, it was only past six that time when Jimin enters his room, he went straight to shower, after that he heard a knock on the door, he opened it and saw Kibum, he handed him an envelope and make a hand gesture means ‘please be quiet’ before he leaves. At the back of the envelope there is a writing in all capital letters, it reads CONFIDENTAL.

---------

Hyukjae was tired, but Donghae keeps on nagging him to get up and get dressed, he said he wants his time for their last night at the island for tomorrow they will be going back to the city.

“c’mon, wear this…” Donghae put down a white printed shirt and a pants on the bed before he went to the bathroom.

“You want me fully dressed?” Hyukjae jokingly asks but he obeys otherwise.

“Put your shoes on!” Donghae urged him putting a coat around him gently and they went out like that.

Hyukjae was a bit scared, they can hear the insects and night animals as they walk down the narrow path, both sides covered with thick trees and everything around them is covered by darkness, the only light they got was the one coming from the moon.

“Yah, where are we going?” He asks for the third time but Donghae silenced him with a ‘shhhhhh’ they walk further and Hyukjae must stepped into some dried twigs as he flinch and yelled ‘ah’ making Donghae put an arm around him.

“Be careful” he stated but continue to walk.

Not too long, Hyukjae heard a sound, its water, but not the sound of the waves on the beach. Hyukjae was astonished when he saw how beautiful the place is, there is a waterfalls and the place were covered with fireflies, there is a tree with lanterns hanging on its branches and a table with a romantic setting beside it, Donghae guided him to sit around the table and smile.

“Do you like it?” Hyukjae nods in approval with the sweetest smile he had. “How did you find this paradise” he asked in amusement.

“I discovered this back then when I got lost, I am glad you like it” he said looking at the surrounding.

“Hyukjae I want to ask you something” he said afterwards making the other male nervous but he tries his best not show it.

“You and I, we’ve been together for years, we always have each other’s back, and we overcome lots of problems in the past, now that we settle everything including your brother’s conflict, I would like to ask what would happen next?” Hyukjae knew this day would come, and now that they fix the only problem that keeping them low, he is more ready to face this one.

“I was actually thinking about it too. Eugine is finally happy with Hoseok, and I’ve been running from this for a while, I am scared to be honest, I never thought that you will wait this long” Hyukjae stated as tears starts to filed their eyes, their emotions taking over them.

“So now I am asking you, Lee Donghae, Will you be my Husband?” Donghae’s eyes were wider as tears stream down his face like the water from the falls. “I was about to ask you that!” he said afterwards.

“Well I have the ring!” Hyukjae laugh showing him the white gold he picked from his pocket.

“I do have a ring too!” Donghae yelled showing the exact same ring making Hyukaje laugh again.

“Looks like we both want each other” Donghae said “So I’ll take this as a yes?”

As on que they heard the guitar strumming followed by a flute, Hyukjae turn around and see his friends out there hiding behind the bushes as they talk, now Heechul was playing the guitar and Jungkook sings the lyrics from the song ‘still the one’ by Shania Twain.

Donghae offered his hand for them to dance and his lover gladly took it he explained how kibum help him to send confidential envelopes asking for their help and appearance for this surprise, Eugine and Taehyung showered them with rose petals, Jungsu and Kyuhyun prepare the table setting and Ryeowook bought the lanterns, the last minute they asks Jimin’s help and the later did his best to capture the moment by his drone and cameras.

“Not bad for a two hour preparation” Kibum said while watching Jimin work.

“Yah, next time you ask something like this, you give me enough time to prepare! Who the hell uses invitation cards like that?!” he snags but he is smiling.

“Don’t nag at me! They just ask me to deliver it!” kibum laugh

“Confidential my face!” they both say before they were shush by Hoseok.

After the song, Yesung and Kangin brings the drinks and foods they prepare, they love to party and the middle of the forest is not a problem. They all sing and dance under the moonlight and that was the end of their outing.

--------

Jimin went back to his room, it was past midnight and he was drunk he was about to go to bed when he notice a brown envelope on the floor, it wasn’t there when he left the room. With curiosity he flip it both sides but there is nothing written in it. He decided to toss it on the table and drop his body on the bed, allowing himself to travel to dreamland. What he didn’t know is that someone manage to break into his room and the person was still there, just watching him from the balcony.

“You never change, don’t you?” a hand caress the sleeping man on the bed. “You still dead meat when you’re drunk” he added gently ruffling his hair. The sleeping man swatted the hand making the person chuckle.

“Hyung…” Jimin murmurs but still he didn’t open his eyes. The man leaned down and planted a soft kiss on those soft- pouty lips.

“Yeah, I miss this scent. You cannot run away now.” The man kissed Jimins neck, intentionally leaving few red marks.

“See you soon, Jimin-ah” He said as he decide to leave the room before he lose control.

 

The next morning, Jimin woke up with a headache, despite of it he went to shower and he stopped when he saw his reflection on the mirror. He saw those marks, and he tried his best to remember what happened the night, he is sure that he didn’t went out to have ‘more fun’ after they came back from the falls, he also check the other parts of his body, but there is nothing strange.

He took a quick shower and went back to his room to prepare for his luggage and there he saw the envelope, there is the side of him that says do not open, but as the saying ‘curiosity kills the cat’- he opened it and he was shock to see the contents.

Inside the envelope are pictures, his pictures from this outing. From the cruise ship up to the plantation. Pictures that he never knew when, who and how they captured. He even have a photo when he is smiling brightly with his friends. Now Jimin is shivering, because the last photo was taken back when he was overseas, a photo of him half and sleeping on a bed.