Chapter 8

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Warning: This chapter contains sensitive scenes depicting violence, attacks, and stalking. Kindly skip some parts 

 

A/N: Hi guys, Please check the warning before reading this chapter. I apologize to people reading this story and find it disturbing but I wanted to imply to people that Idols are all humans too. You can show your love to them without necessarily giving them fear and violence. Love them in the right way. Respect them because your sincerity will surely be reached... Thank you. 

 

--

 

Chapter 8

 

Unlike the other day, Jaemin woke up earlier than normal. He sleeps not that late last night. That's why Jaemin thought that maybe that's the reason why he woke up early. 


 

He takes a bath and wears a plain shirt, jeans, and a jacket. He did his facial routine too but he had no energy. He feels tired for some reason. 

 

He remembered the members ordering food, gopchang, and tteokbokki. He enjoyed eating it and he plans to eat tteokbokki again later. He went out of his room already set. Jaemin sees Jeno and Renjun just woke up and they were shocked to see an early bird Jaemin. 


 

"Wow! Our latest member is early today. I wanna cry. I'm proudly raising you, child." Renjun dramatically said and pats Jaemin's head.

 

Jeno cracked a laugh, and so did Jisung, who just woke up and joined them in the dining area. 

 

"Wake up Chenle Jisung." said Jeno then sat beside Jaemin. 


 

They eat breakfast quietly after. Jaemin is savoring his food. He wanted to cook something and eat it later with the members but he felt sick and he was dizzy. 


 

It is 4:00 AM when they reach the practice room. Their performance is later this afternoon. That's why they need to practice and check some holes in the performance. They wanted it to be perfect. 

 

Jaemin is sweating more than usual. He seems sick, that's why the members are worried about him. He drank medicine after a while. He rests and before going to the music show Jaemin is already fine.


 

The managers brought energy drinks, vitamins, and food. They ate it in the practice room before they headed to the music show venue. 


 

They reached it at 1:30 PM. There's a lot of people hanging out outside of the building. The car is parked and the members are quickly getting out of the car. 


 

The people, fans that have been waiting since last night shout, sending erratic sounds to the surroundings. They were thrilled to see the NCT DREAM. The guards quickly went to their post to protect the members. 

 

"Jeno!!!" called by the fans...


 

All of the members' names are being called by the fans. Tons of people wanted to mob them but thanks to the security they were stopped. 


 

The members walk side by side. Flashes of cameras are showing and every time the members walk near the side of the fans, they become aggressive. 



 

"Jaemin!!!!" called by the fangirls and fanboys. They all yelled loudly and made Jaemin look at them and slightly wave his hand. A kind gesture and little fan service since they are near reaching the entrance of the building. 


 

The fans became louder and it became chaotic, though the music show security handled it some of the fans ran quickly trying to be near the members. 


 

Mark is walking forward ahead of the members. They form a line. He was followed by Jaemin, Jeno, Renjun, Chenle, Haechan, and Jisung. 



 

An unexpected fan approaches Mark and almost hugs him but the security is quick. They stopped a fan trying to hug Mark and push her. Chaos happened after that, a loud shout followed by disapproving fans who reacted when their idol was almost hugged by some sick fan. 

 

Jaemin is taken back and tries to take Mark's arm so that he will avoid the attack. He was alert because of some circumstances but when he was about to touch Mark on his jacket. Someone forcefully pulled him back. Jaemin almost lost his balance. The aggressive pulling turned around his whole body made him feel dizzier. 


 

He frowns when he sees a girl and a man taking him. Jaemin was shocked and tried to pull out his arm but they were both strong. Jeno called him and the people, fans were terrified. 

 

What the heck. An idol is being pulled by two people and Jaemin is having a hard time escaping. The members ran towards Jaemin who was dizzy from some perfume. He almost collapsed. The venue became chaotic. 

 

Security and fans mobbed them and Jaemin had bruises because the two weren't letting him go. A bruise form on his arms and some blood was seen because of the tight grip. It was chaotic. 


 

Finally, Some more security helped to pull out Jaemin. He sat on the ground feeling dizzy. The security quickly goes to Jaemin and stands him. Jaemin finally escaped from the attackers but he was unconscious. Many fans including the Dream members are terrified. They were in shock. Jaemin both arms are covered with blood and there are bruises. It was a chaotic and terrifying event that happened outside of a music show. 


 

The Dream members left in shock and Jeno almost holds Jaemin so he can take him to the hospital. The security and the managers, Mr. Seok, the one who's holding Jaemin run towards the paramedic. Mr. Kim keeps the members and hurriedly drags them inside the building. The fans mobbed them but the members aren't sane at the chaos. They were worried for Jaemin who was dragged in daylight with security around them. It was a mess. 


 

Later reporters arrive. The news spread like wildfire making it the trending topic on all of the news platforms and social media. 

 

Some fans who recorded the whole scene posted a video of two strangers suddenly pulling Jaemin out of the group and how Jaemin tried to escape but couldn't. Some fans said that it was a terrifying sight when they watched Jaemin feeling dizzy while being dragged and when he collapsed, chaos emerged. 


 

The social media fans are raging and wanted NCT DREAM company to explain. They suggested that the boys needed more bodyguards and they also talked about the music show securities. The fans are angry. They left petitions to the company for the members' safety. They called it being terrorized. Some unknown fan said that it was an inside job. Someone is stalking Jaemin. The theories go on and can't be controlled anymore. It was circulated making the fans react aggressively.



 

Their promotions halt. The Dream members went to the private hospital where Jaemin was sent. They rushed to the emergency room. Time passes quickly and the doctor goes out. He let out a sigh and looked at the members and the managers. 


 

"Let's talk here." He said then opened a vacant room that looks like an office. 


 

"The patient is fine. He received minor wounds and is recovering. He would wake up. I get him tested just in case…" He paused and Mr. Seok recognized the look of the doctor, his friend. There's more bad news. 



 

"Mr. Na Jaemin was poisoned." His voice is low and almost a whisper. The members are flustered and shocked on their faces. 



 

"It was a very small amount but it can make someone sick. The person will get dizzy and will throw some blood but it wasn't meant for killing. However, it is clear that someone wanted implicit trauma or fear to the patient." Said the doctor and eyed the members. 



 

"If he wakes up, expect him to throw some blood. It was necessary for him to recover. But it won't be easy. It will make him sicker.  I suggest that the patient not take part in any activities. He needed to stay here for more days."  The doctor said, he looks at them with pity. He excused himself afterward. 



 

"Shees." Jeno sits looking devastated. He was near Jaemin when it happened but he was dragged in front of his eyes! 


 

The members were depressed. Mark also sits near Jeno and pulls his hair. They stayed there for minutes.


 

The nurse opened the door and told them the news. 


 

"The patient Mr. Na Jaemin is awake." She said then bowed her head. 


 

The members hurriedly ran to the room. They saw Jaemin looking stressed. His eyes aren't shining anymore, His face is pale and his arms are covered with bandages. But still, manage to smile while looking at them 


 

Jisung started to cry and hug Jaemin. 

 

"Hyung... Are you okay?." Jisung asked him and let Jaemin go. 


 

"Eeey, I'm fine guys." He said in a tired and low voice. 



 

The door opened and Mr. San and his mother showed up. 


 

"Jaemin!" His mom ran towards Jaemin. Tears started to flow in her eyes. Her hands tremble at the sight of his son. She showed grief while holding Jaemin's hands. 



 

"Mom, I'm fin-" Jaemin said but interrupted by a cough. 


 

Jaemin coughed and after a while, blood was flowing out of his mouth. The people in the room panic. Jaemin went vomiting blood and everyone sees how he's having a hard time. 


 

Someone called for help. The door opened again with the doctors and nurse quickly assisting the patient. Jaemin's mom is crying nonstop getting assist by Mr. San. The doctor told Dreamies to get out because Jaemin will throw more blood and it wasn't a good sight for them. 


 

The managers drag the frozen members outside the room. While Jeno and Mark remain inside. Their expressions were rough while watching Jaemin having a hard time.


 

Chenle, Renjun, Haechan, and Jisung stayed in the vacant room looking terrified. Jisung, Chenle, and Haechan are crying because of the shock. Renjun closes his eyes but the image of Jaemin smiling and vomiting blood replayed in his mind. Tears form in his eyes. Mr. Kim decided to take them home to rest but the agency wanted to talk to them first. 


 

Jisung doesn't want to leave the hospital and he likes to stay more but their manager told them that there's an emergency meeting in the company and they needed to be there. He agreed but his eyes were sharp. 


 

--

 

Jeno and Mark wanted to cry when they saw the amount of blood Jaemin vomited. It was a lot and Jaemin's face became paler and paler. Jeno wanted to stop him from vomiting but the doctor let Jaemin throw up everything. 


 

Mark grips Jeno's pulse, stopping him from getting near Jaemin. Tears formed in his eyes and he quickly wiped away the tears and hugged Jeno. It was painful to watch. He felt Jeno tense up. Jeno sobs silently in his arms. Mark shallow the invisible lump of his throat. 


 

Jaemin collapsed after the intense vomiting, making his mother whimper loudly.  

 

End of Chapter 8...