Chapter 20 - End

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 20- End

5 months ago... 

Aera is the nurse assigned to the popular celebrity idol Na Jaemin. She is excited just like everyone else and she felt the nervousness after seeing his bare face. Aera is a fan of NCT and sometimes went to their concerts and fan meetings. She can't contain her excitement in serving her favorite idol!


She checks the time and 5 more minutes before she goes to check Jaemin's condition. Her life as a nurse is tiring and only seeing her ultimate bias makes her forget the hardship of her job. 

Aera tries her best to act professional but she can't help but feel the responsibility and worries for Jaemin. After the clock ticked a minute, Aera rushed to Jaemin's room. It doesn't matter if it's still early, she just wants to check up on him a little bit. 


The door in Jaemin's room is slightly open and she walks near it trying to still knock but she froze when she heard voices. Aera checks the room inside and sees a person kneeling before Jaemin. She heard him apologizing while Jaemin wore an unemotional expression. 

"I-I'm sorry!"  Jaemin stares at Mr. Seok who begged and kneels before him. He stares at him coldly and a frown appears on his handsome face. 


"You need to do things right Mr. Seok." Jaemin warned him. 


Being dragged like that in public made him mad. Mr. Seok crosses the line. He didn't even bother to protect him. He smiled at him, a very scary smile.


"Yes sir!" Mr. Seok is responding like in the military. He doesn't want to anger him more than necessary. Mr. Seok trembles after seeing Jaemin's smiling face. 

"Find the rat..." Jaemin ordered him. His eyes are fiercely gazing at Mr. Seok. The room has a heavy atmosphere that makes him uncomfortable.

"I will set the stage for you... It's fun to see a rat being cornered, they lose their mind." Jaemin laughs, an evil low laugh, and changes his gaze to the door. 


Aera who heard everything is already hiding. She walks fast in a hallway while her heart is beating so loud. She is scared, she never knew that Jaemin is a two face-. Aera fell to the ground after someone bumped into her. She touches the pain in her back that subsides. The beating of her heart is still loud because she was interrupted in escaping. Remembering Jaemin's cold expression made Aera look more terrified. 

The person who bumped into her didn't apologize. Aera tilted her head and saw a figure of a woman wearing a dark hoodie and black face mask towering over her. She saw hatred in her eyes and Aera felt her instinct telling her to run away.

It happened so fast, Aera's hair was being pulled out in the hallway. The violent girl in the hoodie opens the door of the emergency staircase and drags Aera inside. 


"It hurts!" Aera shouted. She tried to take away the hands that were pulling her hair but she's at the disadvantage. 

The girl trapped her in the wall and showed an evil grin. She already takes out her black mask showing Kang Hye Un's bare face. She pinned Aera at the cold wall. 

"! This is my first and last warning... Don't ever get close to  Na Jaemin." Her voice is full of viciousness. She pulled Aera's hair and gripped her pale face tightly. 

"Do you understand ?!" Kang Hye Un told Aera firmly showing her scary appearance. Aera is in tears looking helpless and starts to keep nodding her head. 


"You need to be obedient or else I will kill you. Take care of him for me." Kang Hye Un's words are dreadful after giving her a fierce look, she let Aera go off her grips and crossed her arms while watching her crying. After a few seconds, she goes out and leaves Aera in shock and fear. 

No one knows what happened that day. Aera hurriedly went home and collected all her collections such as albums, posters, postcards, and everything that has something to do with Na Jaemin. She cried miserably. The next day, Aera becomes cold and distant. She didn't want to get involved in the famous idol. But one time when Jaemin and Aera accidentally bump into the hallway.

Aera felt that her heart skipped a beat. Jaemin stopped walking and looked at her while she bowed politely at him. 

"I'm glad you escaped the rat... Be careful." Aera trembles and in her face envelopes fear for Jaemin. 

"Be careful." She narrated and hurriedly ran away from him. She doesn't look back and once she's at the lobby full of people, Aera's legs lose their strength making her colleagues ask her if she's alright. 


Jaemin resumed his walk as nothing happened.

***

Jaemin is busy all week and his health is starting to take a toll on his body. He even got a nosebleed. It's been quiet for a month but Jaemin is wrong because he was attacked again. This time, the person who was trying to harm him got caught in the act. 

Jaemin is busy talking with his mother because of her business trip overseas. His grandmother will be staying at their resthouse with a nurse. He went to the nearest Starbucks to buy his usual coffee when he received a text message from Mr. Seok. He deleted the text and smiled at the cashier who was getting his order. He went back to the studio with the other members. 


Jisung is currently kneeling and trying to apologize for keeping things to Jaemin.

"I will tell the truth Hyung!" Jisung said and Jaemin told him to properly sit beside them. 

"Chenle... I mean we, the members, are secretly looking for your stalker Hyung!" Jisung said in a slightly excited manner.


"Y-Yes... That's right." Mark admits but is still hesitant because they wanted to keep it from Jaemin. 


"We found her name. Kang Hye Un, 23 years old and a director of Azola Corporation. She is the youngest entrepreneur here in Korea and she's famous for supporting celebrities, actors and idols and making them work for her company. Renjun started to share information with Jaemin. 


Jaemin's face is flustered. He felt the tingling feelings for s. He lowers his head and tries to reason out to them how dangerous situations are for all of them. He didn't want to involve them with this. 


"Stop Rejunie..." Jaemin's face is hard to read but once he looks at s, he felt the frustrations.


"It's dangerous." He said and sincerely looked at them with a pained expression. 


"Jaemin hyung. You know we're a team here, please accept our help." Chenle added and smiled at him. 

"That's cool. I want to say that too." Haechan, who is quietly listening, throws a segway that makes them crack a laugh. 

"Thank you guys." Jaemin is speechless. 

"The plan is to bait her so that we can officially file a case against her." Jeno said and looked at the members. 


"Then I will be the bait. Hyung's manager told me that my stalker is under police watch already. They also made contact with the informer that was disguised as her employee. They just need to know her next plan for me to be prepared..." Jaemin told them looking determined.


"But Jaemin... It's dangerous for you." The members are whining and trying to convince him not to participate in it.

"I want it to end too and I'm afraid that she won't stop harassing me and the members will also get into trouble because of her." Jaemin said in a small voice. 

"No." Jeno glares at Jaemin same as Jisung who frowns while listening to Jaemin's thoughts. 

"Uhhh, Jaemin I'm going crazy!" Renjun scratches his head and pretends that his head is aching. 

"That's so absurd!" Haechan commented.

They argue for an hour and the dream members are still against Jaemin's idea of being bait. But Jaemin is determined that even his mom can't change his mind. They made sure that he has all the safety gear and two police officers will accompany him. 

That day, Jaemin is wearing a mic, a police vest, and a camera attached to his body. He willingly got in the van with his usual expression. The driver, who was a police officer, smirks at Jaemin's excellent acting. 


They record the whole scene while the swat team is waiting outside of an abandoned building. Including the other members who silently watched r the scenes. That's one of their conditions to let Jaemin participate in the act. But when the members saw Kang Hye Um pick up the baseball bat... All of the members rushed to the scene and shouted loudly trying to stop Hye Un. 


Kang Hye Un got startled after seeing the people including the members. She panics and tries to harm Jaemin but her assistance and the driver stop her by twisting her arm. Kang Hye Un shouted loudly because she was hurt by it. The police disguised as the driver let go of Jaemin's hands by being tied up. Jaemin thanked him and checked his sore pulse. There are marks on his skin but Jaemin didn't mind it because they need it to look realistic. 


Kang Hye Un is taken by the police but she goes crazy. She is shouting Jaemin's name multiple times telling him that she loves him and asking for his help. 


Jaemin became emotional as she saw the woman was taken away. Jeno hurriedly hugs him and the other members also join the group hug. 


That day. Kang Hye Un was arrested with lots of charges.


End.

A/N: The next chapter will be an Epilogue. Thank you for reading!