Epilogue

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

A/N: This will be the last chapter and written from Na Jaemin's point of view.


Epilogue


The first thing I got interested in was when I got accepted as a trainee to become an idol. My life is monotonous and boring. I did the same thing every day and helped my mom as part of it. I feel empty. Sometimes I think that humans are creatures who quickly drive by their emotions, but I'm different. 

I do things perfectly if I want to, and it has always been easy for me. I don't put much effort into things, but it changed when someone named Mr. San cast me, and I debuted. As I thought, it's interesting to watch these people pursue their dreams, putting a lot of effort into practicing that could drain them in the process. For the first time in my life, I got to feel the excitement. I genuinely found my happiness, but it doesn't mean that I can easily throw away my true nature. That I have a hidden dark emotion inside of me. 

The first time I discovered that I had a stalker was I felt nothing. I called it their admiration, and the person must be just getting carried away and was ruled by their emotions. I'm not scared. It's normal because of my work.

The stalker was getting out of hand, and Mr.Seok was getting worried for my safety, but I know that we have different relationships, or let's say I'm his employer. He helps me not to reveal my dark side. 

"Jaemin quit being an idol." Mother is emotional, and we're at a private hospital with the President. 

"Mrs. Na..." The President couldn't hide his displeasure when he heard what my mother just said. 

"Then do you want me to let him continue when he almost died because of those creeps?! How come you don't have enough security? Do you want me to hire them myself?!" Mrs. Na sits on one of the chairs in the room. She looks stressed and massages her temple.

"Mom. I'm fine." I said to her. I looked her in the eyes and tried to calm her down.

"No! You will leave that company, and that's final!" The president flinches because of her remarks.

"Don't forget your promise," I said and jerked my gaze at the president. 

"That... I will be the one who will choose. Not anyone else." There's a silence after I say those words, and mother can't speak anymore. 

We promised that if ever I experience problems along the way, I need to face them independently. It sounded harsh, but my mom knows that I'm serious about this. 


"Hyung, tell me the reports of my stalker." I looked seriously at Mr. Seok and told him to speak everything he gathered after ordering him to find out who my stalker was. This happened months ago when I told him about the anonymous text messages I received. 


"Her name is Kang Hye Un. She visited the studio to check the shooting. She was one of the PD and accidentally met you. It said that you have a conversation with her." Mr. Seok reported and watched the young man closing his both hands and seriously listening to him. He felt the shivers on his spine while looking at the emotionless eyes of Jaemin. 


"Should I have fun?" I asked, feeling torn because I feel no remorse for those people who cross the line. 


"I-I think it's dangerous..." Mr. Seok is sweating while trying to stop Jaemin. He already saw what he's capable of, and he's terrifying when he got pissed. His brain is clever. 


"Hmm. Then do something, Hyung. I will make sure that the rat will bleed if I interfere." I glanced at him, not minding my words. 


"I understand." Mr. Seok answered me, and I felt satisfied. I know that it will get out of hand later on, so I made a plan. 


When I ate that tteokbokki, I already knew that I was poisoned. I endured it because of our schedule in the music show, but I got dragged out even before doing my job. I plan just to let it go, but I got pissed because they foolishly attacked me in public. They do not even consider my family and the fans. When I regained consciousness in the hospital, I coldly called Mr. Seok. 


"I'm sorry." He kneels in front of me because he knows I won't forgive him because of this mess. 


"I told you to do your job Hyung. My mother will probably tell me to quit instantly and sue my attackers. The company cannot handle my mother's rage." I calmly glance at him, explaining the situation because of his incompetence. 


"Jaemin... Please give me a chance." Mr. Seok is still kneeling on the ground because he knows that he made a big mistake. 


"Kang Hye Un is not our rat Hyung. I hope you already realize that by now. She's being used as a puppet. I will take a break for a while and convince my mother to let me continue my job. This time do your job properly." I jerked my head after seeing a person at the door listening to our conversation. 

"This is interesting." I walked to the door and saw the nurse being dragged by a stranger. I smirked when I saw them going to the emergency stairs. I closed the door and locked it. 


"Find out about Ms. Aera and who was the one who appointed her to be my nurse." I ordered him. Mr. Seok nodded anxiously but didn't stand up. 


We remained silent until I asked him.


"Hyung... Who is my doctor?" I smiled and looked at him. 


***

While ordering my coffee, I received a text message from Mr. Seok. 

From Hyung S.

Dani Han. 40 years old. Surgeon. His daughter's name, Rea Han. 16 years old. Caused of death: Suicide. 

Rea killed herself in Dream's old apartment building. She's living alone, and Dr. Han was on a business trip in America when the incident happened. The police report says that she rented the place to be near her idol. The company paid the police so that the group's name will not appear in the news. It was never reported and closed. The case was a suicide.

During her stay, Kang Hye Un was seen meeting her frequently, and I also gather from CCTV that it was Rea who sent creepy messages and stalked you both inside the company and the dorm, also when you're outside. Kang Hye Un helped her to have access to your schedules and tried to terrorize you. 


The report also said that she tried to stop stalking you because she can't handle the guilt. She left a diary and later was given to the family members. 

Dr. Han knows everything and tries to ask Kang Hye Un about her daughter, but he is being misled. He thought it was your fault that his daughter died. Dr. Han is secretly watching you and realizes that Kang Hye Un's fault was that her daughter commits suicide. 


-End-


***

I look fiercely at the woman who manipulates many people to reach her objective. I saw her flinch after seeing my cold gaze. She stopped shouting and quietly went into the police car. 

"Thanks." I bow to the police officers who helped me with the case and went to our van. We go home to the dorms afterward. 

 

***

"Jaemin's day off today." Kim Hyung's manager announces while waiting for the members to go out of the door. 


"Goodbye." I nodded after sending them off and looked at Mr. Seok, who's sitting on the sofa watching me in silence. I closed the door after and sat across from him with my legs crossed while drinking my coffee. 


"How did you know?" Seok Hyung asked after a few seconds of staring at me. 


"About?" I asked him and put my coffee at the center table. 


"About Dr. Han... I thought it's weird that you mention him in a hospital even for a while." Mr. Seok asked me, looking confused. 


"I just thought he was strange because he knew a lot about the poison. I also learned that the nurse is one of his juniors." I explained it to him. 


"But how about his daughter?" Mr. Seok frowned after mentioning his daughter.


"That man who attacked me in the toilet. He said that I killed her sister, and I heard him whispering the name of Rea Han. When I told you to investigate Dr. Han's file, I remember that he had a daughter, and I realized the reason why he had a grudge against me." I said and stopped drinking the coffee instead of staring at Mr. Seok's eyes. 

 

"He used Kang Hye Un just like what she did to his daughter. He drives her to oblivion and manipulates her feelings for me to obsession. He is not an ordinary man." I taunted and tried to warn Mr. Seok about Dr. Han. 


"We don't have evidence that he is also the culprit..." Mr. Seok said and looked down because he thought that it was the end for them. 


I smiled at him and got the memory card in my pocket. 


"I told you Hyung to do your job properly. Since you're still in training, this is my gift for you. Send this to the police, and Dr. Han will be arrested by tomorrow." Mr. Seok's eyes widened, and he looked at Jaemin, who resumed his coffee as nothing had happened.

 


"H-How far did you...." 

 


End of Epilogue.