Chapter 7

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 7

 

"Everyone listened." Said, Mr. Seok


 

"We needed to head to the dorm. Mark and Haechan, I know that both of you are confused but we need to stop here. Let's all go back first." He said in a serious tone that sent the shuddering chill to Haechan. 

 

Mark catches that it was a serious matter and can't be talked about freely. He nodded his head and obeyed Hyung. 


 

"Jeno, Jisung. Be with Jaemin and watch him carefully. And I'm sorry for asking you two but please guard him until we reach the parking lot." Mr. Seok said in a firm and apologetic voice. Jeno and Jisung nodded. They don't speak but they have straight and serious faces. 


 

Chenle frowns but gets close to Jaemin. Renjun also quietly stands near Jaemin. Mark and Haechan's eyes got bigger because of the shock. They have never seen this side of the members before. It only made them more confused. 

 

Jaemin is flustered and still thinking of the future scenario. He's halfway listening to the conversation. His guilt was added after being a burden to the members again. He wanted to say that he was fine but when he saw the members' faces. His mouth remains closed. He obeys them and walks together with the members. 


 

They reach the parking lot without any delays. They were silent. Even Haechan, who was loud, kept his mouth shut. They drove out of the parking lot faster. 


 

Jaemin is silent in his seat. He is with Mark, Jisung, and Jeno. They were together in a car with Mr. Seok in a passenger seat. While the other car is composed of Mr. Kim, Haechan, Renjun, and Chenle. 



 

Jaemin's phone started to ring. It made the members look at Jaemin's phone which kept ringing. He silenced his phone and just closed his eyes trying to relax. 


 

After an hour of driving. Because of the traffic, they reach the dorm. There were some fans who recognized their car and almost mobbed them but they got away because of the security. The agency plans to move them to a different dorm by next month or after their promotions because of the disturbing fans who keep camping outside of the building. 

 

They made it in the parking lot. Jaemin wears his face mask and a hat to cover his face. They quickly went inside the building. Luckily, the second car ride by the three members also arrived. They all went inside the elevator.


 

They reach the dorm. Jaemin sits on the sofa and the members quietly sit next to him while Mark, Haechan, and Renjun sit across from them with the managers.


 

"Jaemin your phone." Said, Mr. Seok. 


 

200 miscalls from unknown number +010-0000-0000

 

10 messages received +010-0000-0000

 

Na Jaemin, I'm back!

 

It's a surprise! Kekekeke

 

You thought I would leave you alone? 😏

 

I miss you so much. I'm glad you still remember me. I know you really love me. Kekeke

 

I bought the album & lots of your photocards. I spent 68,000 dollars for everything but it was okay since I know it's for our love. 

 

I love you so much Na Jaemin. I wanted to give you my life or... You can just give me yours instead. Kekeke Just kidding! 

 

I have lots of dreams of us being together. I'm quite sad because you haven't replied to my messages even once, but it's okay. I know you're busy... And I always see you. 

 

I saw you again today. My love Nana. ❤

 

Did you hear my message on the radio right? Kekeke, I'm so thrilled. I saw you trembling and that got me thinking how touched you were with my message. I love you. I love you. I love you.😘

 

Na Jaemin, soon we can see each other. Look forward to that my love. Kekeke

 

Ps, I like your reaction. Love you till...

 

-End-

 

***

 

Mr. Seok read all of the messages loud and clear. Mark who heard everything looks at Jaemin whose eyes are wavering. He saw not fear but guilt and concerns. It made his heart ache. 


 

Haechan was speechless after hearing the messages that Jaemin received. He can't help but be terrified and a cold chills rundown on his body. 


 

Jisung poker face cracked and held Jaemin hands whose eyes were on the ground. Jeno gritted his teeth and looked worriedly at his friend. Renjun's eyes become moist. He breathed air and tried to become calm. 


 

"Since when this..." Mark was speechless. He heard the messages and anyone can say that someone is threatening Jaemin.

 

Mr. Seok and Mr. Kim. Explained the harassment in detail and when it started. The members' faces are terrified and their worries are worse. 


 

"Jaemin, I can't confirm if your stalker really sneaked out for today's broadcast but this is alarming." Said of Mr. Kim then glances at Mr. Seok.


 

"Dremies schedules are full this month.  Some of the producers wanted to cast Na Jaemin as the music show's MC. The agency already agreed to it. I'm worried that this stalker will attack you while you're  active." Mr. Kim explained.


 

"Tomorrow is your group's first appearance in the Music show to perform your comeback song. There are many fans that are waiting outside. I wanna hire more guards but the public will react though it does not matter because it's for the group's safety. The fans are excited since it's the first week of your promotions. There were surely packs of people waiting at the venue. It will be hard locating your stalker. 


 

"Hyung!" Jeno interrupted them. He doesn't like the idea but he also can't just selfishly forbid Jaemin to go perform with them. 


 

"I will contact the agency first. Your schedule for tomorrow till next week is released and many fans are looking forward to it, also the reason why it's hard for us to arrange." Mr. Seok said. 


 

"But Hyung, It's dangerous for Jaemin Hyung." Chenle said and his sharp eyes never left him. 


 

"Chenle..." Jaemin mumbled and looked at the manager. 


 

"I'm okay. I'm sorry for today's incident. I-I was just flustered but I'm okay with the schedules. I can't just leave the group. The fans will get worried." Jaemin said in a low voice but his determination is showing. 


 

"I'm sorry it happens because of me." Jaemin apologized as if he was at fault. 


 

"Hyung! Jaemin!" They all reacted to what he said. Jaemin is a family. They are a group and even if Jaemin is having a hard time, there's no way that he will become a burden to them. No. Never! 


 

"We don't know what will happen in the future but Jaemin, I need you to be careful. Don't trust the staff. Don't drink or eat anything while not checking it. I know it sounds overreacting but we need to move with caution. I don't want anything odd to happen to you... to every one of you." Mr. Seok said after a while. 


 

"We will end the conversation here. Jaemin, I will give you another phone tomorrow for emergencies. I will hold your phone for a bit and show it to the agency to check. Please be patient." Mr. Kim said then take Jaemin's phone. 


 

"I will send Mark and Haechan to their rooms. Everyone rest. I need your cooperation this time." Said Mr. Seok then stood up. 


 

The members are all quiet and Mark and Haechan don't want to leave but they need to go for now. And all of them are tired because of today's schedule. They let it go and followed their managers. 


 

Jaemin resigned himself and lay on the sofa. He felt the softness of it and it gave temporary comfort to him. 


 

The Dreamies ended the night with worries in their hearts. 



 

End of Chapter 7...