Chapter 10

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

 

Chapter 10

 

Jaemin is wearing a very thick jacket and pajamas since he was easily getting cold. He goes to the porch near the entrance and sits there. It is morning, but the sky is colored gray giving gloomy vibes. The wind is colder than usual and Jaemin decided to hang out for more minutes before going back because he doesn't want to catch a cold. 

 

He is staying alone in his grandmother's home because the doctor recommends an environment that helps him to relax. He was with his family in earlier months but his mom needed to go back to Seol ahead of him and his grandmother, who needs to be taken care of went with his mom. 

 

He sees a group of birds flying in one direction. Jaemin misses s. They were loud at their group chat asking him about his whereabouts but Jaemin was timid in responding. He still felt bad for ruining their promotions and bringing concerns with their fans. 

 

He sips his coffee, a bitter taste he likes spreads on his mouth. After a while, Jaemin goes back inside the house to take a bath and cook for his breakfast. 

 

He went to his room and then got a book. He's been into reading these past few days and rarely uses his phone. He was over with the incident but Jaemin still decided to make new hobbies for his mental health. Many books that his mom gave him, helped him in his healing process and slowly his indifferences improved.

 

The afternoon comes and Jaemin is done eating his lunch. He likes to take a walk but the weather is still gloomy. Some people will like this kind of weather except for Jaemin who loves summer and a clear sky. 


 

He decided to open his windows even though it was cold. He slowly then gets his position for reading... Jaemin falls asleep. 

 

The sound of a doorbell wakes Jaemin up. He unintentionally checks the time and sees that it was already seven o'clock in the evening. His eyes got bigger realizing he sleeps for almost 9 hours. He skips lunch, another doorbell and Jaemin hurriedly goes out of his room. 


 

He opened the door and a shock came on his face. Mr. Seok was standing outside his door giving him a slight smile. Jaemin is flustered after seeing his manager. It's been so long. 


 

"Come in Hyung." He muttered while opening the door widely. They made it to the living room.


 

"Jaemin, How are you?" Mr. Seok asked after sitting on the sofa across from Jaemin. 

 

"I'm fine Hyung. Thank you." Jaemin answers feeling awkward then rubs his head. 


 

"I came here to get you back." He said after looking at Jaemin. 


 

"I-I thought... I will wait for more days." Jaemin said was taken aback after hearing his Hyung.


 

"The company told me that it's time for you to come back. The members are excited, they wanted to join me in getting you but unfortunately, they have scheduled for tomorrow. Jeno didn't want to get out of the car when I said I'm going to get you." Mr.Seok said, sighing because of the members. 


 

"Don't worry, you can still get ready cause we will depart tomorrow morning after eating breakfast." He said that and checked Jaemin's reaction.



 

"Alright Hyung." Jaemin said, his eyes are full of anticipation. 


 

They eat dinner that his manager Hyung cooked. Jaemin sleeps early that night. He received tons of messages from the members asking about his departure but Jaemin did not reply with them. He doesn't have a plan after coming back. He thinks it over and just falls asleep. 

 

***

 

Morning came and Jaemin was awakened by the knock on his door. His Hyung is calling him. He answered him and rose from his bed. Unlike yesterday, the weather today isn't gloomy. There's a hint of the sun coming, but the wind is still cold. 


 

He went to the bathroom and washed. He wears White long sleeves, a thick coat, and ripped jeans with a pair of black converse. Jaemin isn't satisfied with his fashion but he thought that maybe they will go to the company first, and have a meeting. 


 

Jaemin eats the breakfast his Hyung cooks. It was delicious, especially with the chilly weather. He exaggerated it a bit but Jaemin was easily getting cold. 


 

His clothes are already done too. Mr. Seok assisted with his things and loaded them inside the car. Jaemin received text messages from members but he still ignored them since he was busy packing. They depart at 9:30 AM. 


 

***

 

Jaemin was in the back seat reading a book. It's been a while since he went out. He appreciates the views. He tried to be sentimental but it won't work. Just thinking of things that didn't fit Jaemin,  he just wants to sleep. 


 

After a minute of struggling. Jaemin falls asleep in his seat. Mr.Seok tries to wake Jaemin when they stopover at the loading gas station but Jaemin is sleeping soundly. He looks comfortable. Mr.Seok smiles while staring at the kid, Jaemin, who looks like he has never experienced hardships. It's a pity that they didn't protect him... Now that he's back, Mr. Seok knows that things will be complicated again. He just wished that Jaemin and the NCT DREAM members would unite and take care of each other. Mr. Seok is endlessly worried. 



 

They reach the new dorm of NCT DREAM. There's tight security at the entrance and the guards are all over the place. Mr. Seok appreciates the company's effort of giving security for the member's safety. 




 

He parks the car and looks at Jaemin who just woke up. Jaemin studies the place and frowns when the place isn't familiar to him. 


 

"Hyung where are we?" He asked, checking out the parking lot. 



 

"Ohh, Sorry I forgot to tell you. This is your new dorm." Mr. Seok stared at Jaemin then told him to get out of the van. 


 

The first Jaemin notices are the CCTV. There's a high-tech CCTV that made Jaemin whisper a wow. Amazingly, their new dorm is more technical. Mr. Seok is getting back while Jaemin helps him. 

 

They walk to the elevator. It stopped at the right floor and a clean, cozy, and beautiful hallway appeared. The place is more elegant than their previous dorm but Jaemin is not impressed. He just walks coolly because of the chilliness. He wanted to reach their dorm so he could rest in his room. 



 

They stop at the white door. Mr. Seok gets his keys and finally, He opened the door. 



 

"Welcome home Jaeminie." 


 

End of Chapter 10...