Chapter 12

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 12

 

Jaemin is diligently coming to practice. Every morning with the trainees, Jaemin was dancing with the instructors guiding them. He also participates in vocal practice since his hiatus for months. 

 

The sun is reflecting in the open window. It made Jaemin feel tired. He's been dancing for hours and some of his colleagues went out to buy something near the company building. It made Jaemin feel solemn since he was left out. It's been so long since he felt it, Jaemin remembered his trainee days. 

 

He is still not allowed to participate in anything because he is still meeting his doctor. It will end this week though. The members plan to film a live show so that the fans will see Jaemin but the manager Hyung forbids them until the doctor ends his check-up. 

 

Jaemin was outside of the practice room. He went to the vending machine to buy a coffee. The scenery in their company is breathtaking. There's a wide glass wall that is massive. He can glimpse the city lights of Seoul and since the sun was already gone, the cooling atmosphere matches the cloudy dark sky. Jaemin wanted to see some stars tonight... There are only a few above but still, Jaemin feels peaceful. His heart is calm, coming back and doing the things he likes... He is on the right path.

 

The incident made Jaemin anxious about his career or getting back... He was sorry that his mom and his grandmother got worried about him. He just let them see that he was strong but on the inside, he was so scared. He doesn't want to hurt his family and s. Thank God he survived it. This time he won't forgive those people who will try to hurt him. Jaemin didn't want the incident to happen again because of carelessness on his part. 



 

***

 

Jaemin stayed for more minutes until he decided to come back to practice. It was already 8:40 PM when his manager Hyung get him and they went home. 


 

The dorm is empty because of the member's schedules. He just went home early because of the doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Jaemin goes to his room and changes clothes after bathing. He goes out to the kitchen after. 


 

Jarmin decided to cook some dinner for the members. He's checking the fridge and taking the meat. He wanted to eat a hotpot but they just ate it last night. Jaemin took his phone and was about to call Jeno but a caller appeared on the screen. 


 

Lee Jeno Calling...


 

"What?" Jaemin quickly answered Jeno's call.



 

"Jaemin, where are you?." He asked 



 

"Dorm. I'm about to cook hotpot but we just ate it two days ago..." Jaemin said then click the speaker and put his phone at the kitchen table. 



 

"Hmmm, Do you want to eat that tonight?." Jeno asked him, his tone is stable like he is in a comfortable seat.


 

"Yep." Jaemin answered while washing the meat and the vegetables. 



 

"Alright. I like it too. You can cook whatever you want, Jaemin." Jeno said then giggled. 


 

"Okay. Why did you call me?." Jaemin asked. He is now preparing the ingredients. 

 

"Nothing. I just want to know where you are. I thought you're lonely since you're doing a schedule alone today." Jeno said in a sleepy voice. 


 

Jaemin thinks that maybe Jeno is taking a break then thought of checking him out. well, typical for Lee Jeno. 


 

"You are bored. Where are the other kids?." Jaemin playfully teases him. 


 

Jeno laughed and talked to him about his day and why he was currently on standby. He also said that he was bored and wanted to talk to him. They talked about random things for a few minutes. Jeno was giggling on the phone. He was called by someone and ended the call to Jaemin. Jaemin manipulates his phone and goes to the Music app and chooses a song to play while he is cooking. 



 

Jaemin had already eaten when the Dreamies got back. It's past midnight and Jaemin just shrugged it off. He heard Jeno sneaking in and took a shower. and climb to his bed. Jaemin dozes off and falls asleep again. 

 

--



 

Morning comes and Jaemin has a schedule to visit the hospital for his weekly appointment. It will be the last time. To make sure that no poison is left on him and some side effects that will affect his activity in the future. 



 

He is early and Mr. Seok is the one who accompanied him. Unlike yesterday, Jaemin is the only one who has a schedule today. He wears a black jacket and jeans with pairs of black converse. He made it to the car and hit the road. 




 

Weekends made the traffic in Seoul busier. They arrived at 9:05 AM in the hospital. Mr. Seok guided Jaemin to the doctor's office to have a check-up. 



 

A tall man wearing a white coat with his glasses was sitting and busy facing the computer. He gazes at them and smiles widely when seeing Jaemin and Mr. Seok. 




 

"Good Morning Doctor Han." Jaemin bowed after greeting his doctor. 



 

"You look good today Mr. Jaemin." Dr. Han said and told them to sit.



 

"We're here for the check-up. It will be the last though," said Mr. Seok while sitting on the couch near Dr. Han's table. 



 

"Yes. I'm glad that Mr. Jaemin is okay now." Dr. Han grins and begins checking him.



 

"You are fine now. I am glad you have become healthy again. " Dr. Han said while touching Jaemin's pulse. 



 

The door opens and a nurse comes inside to give a file report to Dr. Han. She wears a pink uniform for nurses while her hair is wavy and long. She eyed Jaemin and ignored him. She went straight to Dr. Han and gave him the papers that needed his signatures. 



 

Mr. Seok remembers the nurse and bows to her. She was the one who took care of Jaemin when he was vomiting blood. She helped them a lot. Mr. Seok was thankful because, unlike the other nurses who made a fuss at NCT DREAM especially Jaemin, Ms. Aera was calm and collected doing her job. 



 

Jaemin stares at the quiet nurse who helped him while staying at the hospital. He feels indifferent to her because she's not friendly. She was just doing her job perfectly which was sometimes strange to Jaemin but he just shrugged off the idea of her as snobbish. Ms. Aera is just committed to her job. He bows to her after. 


 

Ms. Aera leaves the room without doing unnecessary talk or greetings. She just left them after Dr. Han wrote his name on the papers and did his signature. Ms. Aera bowed to them coldly. Jaemin stares at her after bowing, trying to be polite. He saw Ms. Aera's cold gaze. She has empty black eyes matching her poker face. Jaemin flinches. 




 

Dr. Han told him to regularly eat healthy food and take vitamins. Jaemin is now fully healed and already recovered. He was grinning while thanking Dr. Han. He bows again and leaves his office. 




 

"Hyung, I will just use the bathroom," Jaemin said and his manager Hyung agreed.



 

"Okay, I will just call the agency." Mr. Seok said let Jaemin go to the bathroom that is only 4 meters away from Dr. Han's office. 




 

Jaemin goes inside the bathroom to wash his hands. He also checks his hair because since a while ago the long bangs have been bothering him. He styles it and wears his black cap then goes out of the bathroom. 



 

While walking in the hallway, Jaemin met Ms. Aera who was holding a report paper that she signed in Dr. Han's office.  Jaemin bows when he sees her walking in his direction. 


 

Ms. Aera stops and whispers to Jaemin. 




 

"Be careful." 



 

End of Chapter 12...