Chapter 3

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 3

 

Jeno started to ride the bike ahead of Jaemin. The breeze has been kinda cold since this morning. They went to the park and ride for an hour. 

 

Jaemin manipulated his phone and went to the navigator app. He planned to follow Jeno since he's the one who knows the place. After a while, a sudden call interrupted him. His phone keeps ringing and an unknown number pops up. He remembered the person who kept calling him yesterday but he remembered that he already blocked the number. Jaemin's face became serious. He is now pissed. 

 

He ended the call but the phone was still ringing. It won't shut up even after they finish riding the bike. Jeno asked Jaemin to go to the convenience store to eat some ramyeon. They always did this and like a tradition, Jeno went straight inside to buy. 

 

Jaemin stayed outside and found a vacant chair and table, he sat there frowning. This number is new but his gut feeling is telling him that it was from the same person though he doesn't have any proof. 


 

"Jaeminiee." Jeno calls him. Asking to get the food and warn him because it was still hot. 


 

"Oh." Jaemin answers and hurriedly goes to Jeno and assists him. 



 

They both came back to the vacant table and started to eat. Jaemin's phone keeps ringing but he ignores it. He silenced it and just left it in the pocket of his black jacket. 


 

"I like these vibes." Jeno started to say and eat his ramyeon. 



 

"Yeah, it's fun. But I hope the members will join us too." Jaemin says then eats his food. 


 

"Jisung loves ramyeon though." Jeno laughs remembering their adorable maknae.



 

"Jisung likes to play games with Chenle. We can ask for Renjun instead." Jaemin suggested. 


 

"Hahaha but you said a while ago that all of the members." Jeno giggled then drank the water. 


 

"Did I say it? Hmm." Jaemin smiles widely then finish his food. 


 

They stay for more minutes before going home. 


 

The hyung manager scolds them for going outside to ride a bike. Their comeback is near and they are forbidden to do dangerous things. Hyung's manager scolds them then goes to the car. The bicycle was on the back while both of them went inside. 



 

Jeno naturally takes care of Jaemin like his mother. He tried to give Jaemin a towel and mineral bottle. He's alert and gives Jaemin everything he needs. The manager Hyung just sighed at them then continued to tell his worries. 



 

Jaemin is relaxed sitting in the car. Jeno was on his right side sleeping. It will take them 45 minutes to go back to the dorm and he understands that Jeno likes to rest. He quietly gets his phone then he sees his kakaotalk message. 



 

From: Nanaxxxx

 

Hi, I saw you today. 

 

-End-



 

55 miscalls from an unknown number

 

5 messages from an unknown number

 

Hi, Oppa. 

 

Why didn't you meet me?

 

Thelipmhsmm-

 

Sorry, Jaemin. I'm just thrilled! I saw you today by coincidence. 

 

Do you want proof? :)

 

-End-

 

***

 

Jaemin plans to sleep but he gets distracted by the miscalls and messages. This person never knew if they were the same person who called him yesterday but during the text, Jaemin assumes that they are the same person that keeps disturbing him. 


 

He remembered the screenshot and he almost forgot to tell his Hyung manager. 


 

"Hyung." Jaemin calls their manager. 


 

"Hm?"  He slightly moved his head to look at Jaemin and quickly got back his focus on the road. 


 

"There's a person? I mean there's an unknown number that keeps calling and texting me." Jaemin then manipulates his phone to send the screenshots.


 

"What?!" His hyung manager was flustered and a frown appeared on his face. 



 

"They called me yesterday. I plan to send the details to you but I forgot when we started to practice." Jaemin shrugged his shoulders. 



 

"I will check it. Was that from a fan?" Hyung's manager asked, then quickly looked at him.  



 

"I'm not sure, but after blocking the number from yesterday's, I received a new unknown called today. They called me 55 times and sent messages to my kakaotalk and 5 SMS." Jaemin explained with a serious face.



 

"......" 


 

***

 

Jaemin waited for their manager to comment on him but he remained silent. His face is serious and slightly annoyed. Jaemin let it go and just remained quiet. He will probably do something about it since Jaemin already sent the screenshots to his Hyung manager number. 


 

Jaemin also dozes off for the remaining minutes and sleeps. He woke up when the car stopped. They made it to the dorm. 

 

Jeno quickly gets out of the car and gets his bike. While Jaemin is preparing to get his bicycle, the manager Hyung told him to go back quickly and he will be the one to take the bike. 



 

Jaemin was confused but followed their Hyung manager. 


 

He went inside with Jeno at his back and the manager. They quickly go to the unit room and open it. The member Jaemin saw was Renjun sitting at the sofa watching their performance. He sits there seriously and just glances at  Jaemin and Jeno. 



 

"We're back." Jeno announces


 

"Okay." Renjun responded. 


 

The manager Hyung followed them and he lifted Jaemin's bike inside the living room. 



 

"Thanks, Hyung. I will just wash the bike's tires in the bathroom. And Jeno, Stay here." Jaemin warns him then walks to it. 


 

Jaemin washed the bike and washed afterward. He went to his bed quickly to change clothes. He wanted to sleep now but he knows that the hyung manager will tell them the schedule for tomorrow. He needed to attend the mini-meeting in the living room again. He wears his baby blue hoodie, sweat pants, and socks. He was supposed to wear pajamas but he just wanted to use his favorite fashion. 



 

"All of you need to practice again tomorrow. It will be tighter since the instructors will be participating. Drink vitamins and eat proper food, not a cheeseburger." The manager Hyung nags them about the food they ordered yesterday. 



 

"Hyung." Chenle laughs loudly, same with Jisung but Renjun is flushed and his ears are both red. Renjun is shy. 



 

"And Na Jaemin. Join me tomorrow! We need to talk." He said then eyed Jaemin seriously. 



 

The members left confused after the manager Hyung leaves them. He also told them about properly locking all their windows and doors since it was dangerous to leave them unattended. 


 

"Jaemin hyung, what did you do?" Jisung asked him, looking worried. 



 

"Hm, I don't know." Jaemin said in a straight face. 



 

Chenle laughed followed by Jeno and Renjun. Jisung cutely bowed his head and sat on the sofa to watch the performance. 


 

"Jeno, I will sleep first." Jaemin told Jeno, informing him since he won't disturb him again. 



 

"Okay." 


 

End of Chapter 3...