Chapter 4

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 4

 

Morning comes and Jaemin is getting ready for his schedule. He wears sweatpants and a white shirt and also his white shoes. He decided to leave a cardigan then go out of his room. 


 

"Jaemin, stay here." told manager Hyung and gaze at him. 


 

"Okay." 

 

The members are getting ready to go. They glance at Jaemin worriedly then at the serious manager while checking them out. 

 

"Jaemin... see you later." Jeno said, smiling at him. 


 

Followed by Jisung, Renjun, and Chenle. They were worried but Jaemin looked calm so they just let it go. 


 

After sending off the members. The manager Hyung sits across from Jaemin and looks at him. 


 

"The screenshots you sent me are not that suspicious and look like they were made by the fans. The agency told me to give tight security to all the staff that goes close to you then dismisses it. But I have a different opinion." Hyung's manager stares at Jaemin seriously. 


 

"The sender is demanding and even went to the men's bathroom to follow and steal your stuff. I will be honest, Jaemin. I have a different opinion. For the years I've been working as a manager, I have experienced a lot. This kind of thing is dangerous. You need to be extra careful. They won't stop until they get your attention and their emotions are so unpredictable, they are meant for harm. I had a bad feeling when you told me about it yesterday and when I saw the screenshots I got worried." Manager Hyung glances at Jaemin whose eyes can't be read. 


 

"But, The members also experience this right?. I think it's just a common fan messing around." Jaemin stated so sure because of his biased opinion with his fans since he likes them so much. 


 

The Hyung manager sighs and looks at the kid in front of him. Jaemin is the quietest of the members. He sometimes acts mature and the people around him mistook him as older but the Hyung manager knows how hardworking and dedicated Jaemin is. Also, his unconditional love for fans. It will be tough but he wanted Jaemin to be careful. 


 

These kinds of instances usually end with a dangerous and poor ending. He wanted to protect Jaemin and the members. He sighs again and looks at the kid who wears a determined face. Looking at him made the Hyung manager think about how Jaemin grew up. He wanted to applaud him for gaining confidence and the shy kiddo back there was all gone. He made a decision. 


 

"Promise me that you will always update me regarding this matter." Manager Hyung finally said. 


 

"Hyung..." Jaemin pouted then wanted to say something but closed his mouth. 


 

It's the first time he has seen their manager be this serious. He got the sudden chills from his arms traveling straight to his neck that brought an invisible shiver to him. Jaemin flinches. 


 

"Alright, I promise." Jaemin resigns and then gets up. 


 

"Na Jaemin. Keep your promise." Manager Hyung stated. 



 

***

 

Half a day had passed. The members keep practicing. They keep glancing at the door waiting for someone to pop out. They haven't been informed about Jaemin since this morning and it's already past lunchtime. They texted and even called for him but he didn't respond. They become anxious. 


 

"Why Jaemin isn't coming?." Haechan asked after stopping the music. 


 

"Because he was with Hyung manager." Jisung said in a hoarse voice. His sweats drip from his forehead down his neck. 


 

"Hmm, I think it's because of yesterday." Chenle teases Jeno who is keeping a quiet stan. 



 

"Jeno?...." Haechan looks at Jeno then his eyes change.



 

"We just rode the bicycle yesterday for an hour." Jeno explained but felt bad for Jaemin. 



 

They keep talking until Mark comes from the door. All the Dreamies looked at Mark and his relaxed face vanished quickly making a guilty face for just coming to practice just now. 

 

"What's with the look guys?" Mark felt bad but still asked them. 


 

"Oh, I thought it was Jaemin. It gave me a shock!." Jisung stated then his hand touches his chest checking the heartbeat.


 

"OMG. I also thought of Jaemin." Renjun smiled after seeing their leader. 



 

"So, why are you late... Hyung? Haechan confronted Mark to . 


 

"Wait, Guys calm down. I will explain." Mark with both hands up in the air making him look like surrendering. 


 

Chenle giggles. They know that Mark is ahead of schedule but they still choose to since he's adorable. 


 

"So where's Na Jaemin?" Mark asked after playfully holding Haechan to his arms. 


 

"Well, Manager Hyung said that he will talk with Jaemin this morning. He hasn't responded yet to our messages." Renjun answered, then let out a sigh. 


 

***

 

After talking to their instructors. The Dream member is getting ready to go home. Na Jaemin did not show up and did not respond to their calls and messages. The other members let it go and just thought that maybe Jaemin was doing another schedule like Jeno, Haechan, and Mark. 


 

Jeno is kinda out of it and can't focus on the practice. He kinda blames himself because he asked Jaemin to join him yesterday and he's afraid that Jaemin caught a cold because of it since the morning breeze is colder than normal. He is worried like he was Jaemin's mother. 


 

"Hyung." Jisung called for Jeno who's getting his bag so they can go. 


 

"Hmm?" Jeno glances at Jisung and sees his face frowning. 


 

"What do you think happened?" Jisung asked Jeno, then wait for him so they could go together. 


 

"Hmm, I'm not sure but let's check with him at home." Jeno said and Jisung just nodded at him. 

 

The Dream members walk to the parking lot of the building, they ride the elevator. They were loud and Haechan, who is the mood maker, was talking non-stop, telling how he can't play games and wanted to go to the new place to eat. He was suggesting restaurants near the company building that made delicious food. He won't stop talking and manages to ask the members to join him. 


 

Chenle just agreed without questions. He's interested in the food Haechan keeps advertising to them. While the others are thinking about how tired they were and kinda interested in Haechan's suggestions. They set a date.


 

The Dreamies arrive at the dorm. They were quiet and some of them were in a hurry since they wanted first to shower and sleep. They walked faster and opened the door. 


 

The dorm is quiet and there seems to be no one inside. Renjun frowned and his instinct was to look for someone. 


 

"Jaemin?" Renjun called but no one's answering. 


 

Jeno, Jisung, and Chenle hurriedly check their room and the bathroom but there's no sign of a person. 


 

They all look at Jaemin's room. Jeno tried to open the door but it was locked. His frown deepens. 


 

"Jisung go get the spare key." Jeno said and Jisung ran towards the living room to get the key. 


 

They were worried and curious because Jaemin never locks his door. He did it because the members often wake him up. They become anxious. After a long second Jisung arrived with the key in his hands. 


 

Jeno opened the door anxiously. His eyes get wider after checking Jaemin's bed. His heart beats faster.



 

End of Chapter 4...