Chapter 17

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Warning: This chapter contains stalking and violence. Read it with discretion.

Chapter 17

Jaemin is breathing heavily as he tries to escape by the grip of an unknown person holding him. It happened a while ago when he went to the broadcast station's comfort room. It was so fast that Jaemin was left confused and overwhelmed by the person who's trying to harm him.

He was tired of schedules and this broadcast will be the last filming on his schedule. He was with Dream members a while ago in the waiting room. They are having fun eating the food that the manager Hyungs bought for them. Jaemin excused himself and went to the toilet to wash his mouth and hands but someone attacked him. 


Jaemin was dragged to the last cubicle of the men's comfort room. A person who's taller and muscular than him was overpowering him as he pinned him against the wall and punched him in the stomach. Jaemin at that moment felt the pain of the violence but his instinct is getting ahead of him. He tried to push the man but another attack came and aggressively slapped him in the face. Jaemin felt dizzy. He tried to look for air and shifted his face sideways. He inhaled again but the suffocating situation added to his fatigue. His eyes are exhausted, he gazes at the man who was smiling crazily at him. 


"I really envy your beautiful face." The man said as he held Jaemin's face and grip it on his palm. He was amused because his hand is bigger than Jaemin's face.


Jaemin's small face was pathetic at man's big hands. He looks at Jaemin's tired eyes. He laughs like a lunatic trying to humor himself as the person he hated is in front of him looking hopeless. 


"Who are you?" Jaemin's eyes blink and glare at the man. 

 

"You probably don't know me but because of you my dongsaeng killed herself!" The man retorted, looking spitefully at him. 

 

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jaemin said in a small voice. 


"Ha! Of course, you don't know. You, idols are full of yourselves! You think you are kings seducing younger girls and delivering them to their death! Because of you! Because of this face!." The man is shouting crazily at Jaemin. He wipes his tears and glares at Jaemin's glimmer eyes. He smiled after. 


"I never once think of my fans as a convenience. I treat them fairly and I love them. They give me hope and confidence. Stop saying things that grade them as low because my fans are people who love me sincerely!" Jaemin touches the hands that are gripping his jacket. He pushed him away and punched him in the face. Jaemin distances himself away from the man. He saw him getting angry after receiving a punch. The man touched his face feeling the discomfort. 

 

"You and your flowery words! I will kill you bastard!" The man lost it and got the sharp thing in his pocket. 


Jaemin has wide eyes after he confirms that this man is seriously harming him. He looks at his surroundings wishing to find a weapon he can use to defend himself.

"Die!" The man shouted and lifted his arm trying to attack Jaemin but the door in the cubicle opened and a hand grabbed him away from Jaemin. 


Mr. Seok is looking for Jaemin because the filming is starting in five minutes. Jeno told him that Jaemin was in the comfort room washing and it's been so long since he went there. They plan to after he comes back but Jaemin is taking a long time. 


"Jeno, Mark. Come with me and let's check out Jaemin." Mr. Seok said because it's unusual for Jaemin to be late. 


"I wonder if Jaemin's stomach got upset." Mark worriedly asked but Jeno had a smirk on his face making Mark start giggling. 


"Why is he taking his time? Is he pooping?" Haechan said, popping out joining them. They all looked at him because of his sudden appearance. 


"Why are you here?" Jeno asked him. 


"I'm curious why Jaemin is late." Haechan said and giggled mischievously. 


Another member showed up. Renjun, Jisung, and Chenle. 


"Why is everyone here?" Jeno suddenly asked, then laughed after thinking that the members were curious about Jaemin. 

They all walk in the hallway and as they reach the comfort room a loud sound startles them. They heard a loud shout and Mr. Seok quickly ran to the entryway and aggressively opened the door. 


"Die!" 

Mr. Seok hurriedly went to the loud sound and discovered a man gripping a sharp knife pointing at Jaemin. All of the adrenaline went to him, quickly Mr. Seok rushed to the man and tackled him. He learned different types of martial arts and in the flash, the attacker is on the ground screaming from pain. 


"Hello? This is Han Seok from SM, Yes, The security! quickly!" Mr. Seok shouted at the phone wearing a vicious face, making Jaemin shudder. 


Jaemin sighs heavily because of the fatigue and the dangerous situation he just encountered. His legs lose all of the energy making him sit on the floor and continue to gasp for air but it made him more exhausted. 


The Dream members are shocked but manage to attend to Jaemin. Mark and Renjun go help him to stand up.


Haechan and Chenle are still in shock and look at the man on the ground. They stand frozen and can't move because of the intense event. 


Jeno and Jisung's eyes change. Jisung's tears were flowing as he saw his Jaemin Hyung looking tired and there were evident bruises on his face. 


Jeno is trying so hard to hold back. He wanted to punch the man who hurt his friend so much that the veins on his arms were showing. A slow tear escaped from his eye. The dark aura is enveloping him that everything in his sight is slowly collapsing. 


"Haechan! Chenle Hold Jeno!" Mark shouted out of the blue. 


The members' attention went to Jeno's dark face. They never see this kind of expression from Jeno. He has always been calm and gentle to everyone but this sight of him is sending them a great warning and fear. 


Haechan and Chenle hold Jeno's covering him using their bodies. They felt the chillness from his breathing. Chenle is scared but because of the situation, He thinks rationally and holds Jeno's arm. 


"Move." Jeno mumbled.


One word. Haechan, Chenle, and the people in the room blink and are unconsciously shallow because of the intense aura coming out from Jeno's body. Haechan shivers and the unknown fear is warning him repeatedly. He ignores that warning and continues to hold Jeno. 


"Haechan. Chenle." Jeno warned as if the last line of patient he had was gradually breaking. 

 

Jeno is feeling cold and the scene of Jaemin's vomiting blood appears to him. Jeno saw his best friend with bruises and was about to get stabbed. The intense feeling wanted to come out from him. He can't control the wrath he felt for the man that harmed his precious friend, his family. 


"Hyung..." Chenle called Jeno because his aura is getting darker. He looked at Mark and asked for his help. 

Mark went to Jeno after giving Jaemin to Renjun's care. His face is cold and serious. He touches Jeno's shoulder. 


"Jeno. Calm down." Mark said and tried his best to sound calm even though he felt the intense emotion from his friend.


"Hyung. Move." Jeno mumble again, His eyes are intense, and glares at Mark, bringing an awkward atmosphere to them. Jeno didn't waiver. 

 

Mr. Seok can't help them in stopping Jeno because he is still holding the attacker on the ground. It's his first time seeing Jeno almost out of control because his friend got attacked. He gritted his teeth and looked at the attacker with anger.


Jaemin is exhausted but he still felt the shuddering dark aura coming from Jeno. He looks like he lost it and can't hear voices in his surroundings. Jaemin gets worried about Jeno. He lets go of Renjun's support and walks slowly to Jeno. 


Jaemin touches Jeno's cold hands. He told Haechan, Chenle, and Mark to let Jeno go. They did but were still guarding on his side. 

 

"Shhh... It's okay. I'm fine. I'm sorry." Jaemin whispers in Jeno's ear. He hugged Jeno tightly. 


The vicious eyes of Jeno are slowly changing. He murmurs words they didn't catch to understand. He hugged Jaemin back and after the silence. They heard the sound of Jeno's crying... 


"You fool..." Jeno whispers as he continues to cry. 


Mark lets out a sigh and goes to Jisung, who is still crying at the corner. They were all shocked and exhausted. That moment, security comes into the comfort room. They called an ambulance for Jaemin. Also, the police took the attacker. 


The Dreams went to the hospital with Jaemin. He only received minor wounds and bruises that will heal quickly. That day, The company held a meeting again. The fans are outraged after hearing that Jaemin was attacked by the stalker anti-fan. Everything is a total mess. 


-End of Chapter 17...