Chapter 1

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 1

 

Jaemin woke up to the noise of knocking on his door. It's another early morning to work. It's been one year since he debuted as one member of NCT DREAM. It's a popular idol unit of NCT and they are composed of seven members. 

 

The first thing that the agency approached him was when he was in the orphanage doing some volunteer work. He was a senior middle school student at that time. He was confused at first when a good-looking ahjussi gave him a business card asking him to be part of the entertainment he's working in. 


 

It's a roller coaster scenario when his mother doesn't allow him to participate because they thought being an idol isn't a good job for him. His mother wanted him to become a lawyer. 


 

Jaemin being a good kid followed his mother's desire. He rejects Mr.San saying he's not interested and he can't become a trainee at an early age. He was still confused at that moment and didn't want to enter any world he was not sure about. 


 

It changes when his grandmother becomes sick. Jaemin's grandmother is the person who supported Jaemin's decisions and never questioned him. She trusts Jaemin so much and loves him that she will give Jaemin advice for what he wants to do in the future. 


 

His grandmother became sick when he reached the first year of high school. And that moment Jaemin decided to try being an idol followed his dream. He auditioned at the entertainment Mr. San told him. He was accepted on the first try. 


 

They told him that they like his dance proportions, his vocals, and especially his visuals. Jaemin was accepted as a trainee. 


 

At that moment Jaemin meets his friend Jeno Lee. Jeno becomes Jaemin's best friend. They became roommates and luckily they were at the same age and school year. Jaemin and Jeno become close. 


 

As they train to become an idol. Many hardships happened to them. Jaemin meets another trainee and eventually becomes his friend. They are Chenle, Renjun, and Jisung. 


 

To his surprise, They made it to debut as one of the units called NCT DREAM. Jaemin can't help but cry when it was announced that he debuted as a part of a popular group in the world. called NCT... 

 

It was overwhelming and the happiest day of his life. He cried calling his mom and his grandma. They congratulated him and made a promise to his mom that he will do his best and even bad things he encountered he will not give up and strive harder because it was his dream. 



 

Jaemin smiled after remembering the moments when he was still a trainee. Waking up at dawn isn't new anymore. He always experiences it. 



 

"Jaemin Hyung! Hyung!" Jisung called him then opened the door. 



 

"I'm not awake. Come back tomorrow Jisung -a" He said in a husky voice. trying to cuddle his favorite pillow then go back to sleep. 



 

"Jeno hyung!" Jisung shouted, calling for Jeno. 



 

Jaemin hurriedly rises from his bed. It's only one person that didn't wish to wake him up and it was Jeno. He would probably tickle him to death and rather than being killed by Jeno, Jaemin quickly went to the bathroom to wash. He sends a chilling gaze to Jisung who smiles widely at him but Jaemin sees how Jisung fake coughs and changes his gaze. 


 

"Jeno, you have a schedule for today. The rest will be in the practice room." said Hyung, one of their managers. 



 

They gathered at the living room having a mini-meeting for today's schedule. Their comeback is two months away from now so they need to work harder for the choreography. They need to practice at 3 am in the morning then stop till midnight then it will repeat unless they have another schedule. The recording will be by next week, they will become busier. Jaemin sighs because he is still tired from the practice yesterday. He wanted to continue to sleep but he also knew that it was impossible. 

 

Heavy breathing continued and he met Jeno's gaze. Jaemin blink. 


 

"Why?" Jaemin asked, his big brown eyes staring intensely at Jeno. 



 

"Are you sleepy?" He asked in a gentle voice. 


 

"Aren't you?" Jaemin asked back. 


 

"Hmm." 


 

"Hyung, Let's go." Chenle said and got his bag ready. 


 

--

They arrived at the practice room except for Jeno. Hyung's manager said that he has a meeting. While the other members are busy stretching to prepare the muscles for hardcore dance practice. 


 

Jaemin slowly participated. After hours of practicing, Renjun suggested a meal for their lunch. It's already eleven am and all of the members are hungry. 



 

Jaemin went to the bathroom of the practice room to wash. He is tired and after minutes of washing his phone ring. 


 

He checks out the number and it's from an unknown number. The frown appeared on his handsome face. He ended the call afterward. 



 

Not long after ending the call, he received a message. 


 

From unknown number +

 

Answer my call Na Jaemin.


 

Then his phone rings again. 


 

Jaemin is annoyed by the unknown person calling him his name and orders him to answer the call. Because the sender was a stranger. And never bother to introduce himself to Jaemin. 


 

He ended the call without answering it. He went to the practice room when the members were already sitting in a circle preparing their food. 


 

"Jaemin, come quickly! Let's eat!" Renjun told him


 

After a while, they were eating lunch. The boys are noisy and Jaemin never minds because he is used to s being talkative. He eats a chicken burger and drinks coke. He wanted water but he just let it go since the members prepared coke and they're the ones who ordered everything. He is eating quietly. 



 

"Chenle! I played with Haechan last night." Jisung bragged in a loud voice. 



 

"You punk, call me hyung" Chenle said then playfully smiled at Jisung. 


 

"I thought Haechan will join us today." Renjun asked after a while. 


 

"Hahaha, Haechan hyung said he has another schedule today like Jeno Hyung." Jisung then continued to eat. 


 

They ate everything and are currently resting. Jaemin checked his phone and he flinched when he saw 30 miscalls from an unknown number. He checks the number and realizes that it was the same sender who texted him a while ago. For a moment, Jaemin's face became serious. 



 

Jaemin clicks the number and is about to block it cuz it's disturbing to receive a call from someone he doesn't know. 


 

Kakaotalk on Jaemin suddenly popped up. 


 

From: Nanaloveyoutillxxx

 

Na Jaemin. 

 

I know you're there.

 

Are you done eating?

 

Oh, I love your hair. 

 

You must smell good. 

 

Answer my call. 

 

I love you.

 

Oppa!!!!!!

 

Na

 

Nana

 

Na Jaemin


 

Wtf. Answer my call!


 

Jaemin's phone keeps vibrating and his frown deepens after the unknown person sends a picture. 


 

I will tell the fans that you used this brand of lip balm. You forgot it in the bathroom. I call you to return it. Meet me at xxxx. 


 

Jaemin reads the message and on his calm face, he screenshots the message. He blocked it afterward and the unknown number kept calling him. He was supposed to send the screenshot to his manager Hyungs but Chenle called for him, the practice will start. Jaemin decided to send it later. 



 

End of chapter 1...