Chapter 6

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 6

 

Today is the release of the long-awaited music video of NCT Dream. All of the members are looking forward to it. They experience tons of hardships while preparing for the comeback and many people help them to have high-quality music and performances. It was their 3rd mini album. 


 

Jaemin is nervous while he's in the company lounge and people are filming their reactions. It was chaotic since the members were all excited. They can't get hold of their excitement while waiting for the release to watch it together. The time clock has been set and they click the button to play the music video. 


 

Mark, the leader, was the first one to be seen followed by Jeno and Jaemin. They yell after seeing the members perform. It was a chaotic reaction. 


 

"Hyung! look! hahaha" Chenle pointing at Mark then all of them laugh. 

 

***

 

It was successful indeed since the fans are going crazy reacting to their music. Jaemin is inside the waiting room of the radio broadcast. They have a filming schedule but only record their voices. Jeno, Chenle, Jisung, and Haechan are busy playing games. While Mark and Renjun are watching something on their phones. The Hyungs, their two managers Mr. Kim and Mr. Seok are outside talking with the producers.

 

Mr. Seok, the one who talked to Jaemin about his dangerous fan, is being extra careful. He said before that that person is picking the right timing to attack him. But Jaemin dismissed the idea since it's been three months and nothing was happening. 


 

There's a staff member who wears a blue shirt and jeans who knocks on the door. It wears a mask since there's a camera inside of the waiting room for idols. 

 

Two groups are scheduled to film that day. And one of them was NCT DREAM. The staff asked them to be ready because the broadcast will soon start. The Dreamies answered politely to the staff member and watched him leave. 


 

They checked their appearances in the big mirror then went out of the room. Jeno is the first one who goes outside. He waited beside the door and waited for Jaemin to come out. They head together afterward. 


 

--

 

"It's been NCT DREAM 3rd Mini Album, How are guys feeling? Haechan ssi?" The DJ asked, starting the interview. 


 

"We work so hard for this comeback and I hope the fans will give love to the music. I am personally thrilled when I listen to the album." Haechan answered in a cheerful voice. 


 

"Ohhh, That's right, the songs are beautiful and catchy. I'm sure all of the fans are happy with this comeback album." Dj said and smiled at all of them. 


 

The segment went out and the Dream members were all happy promoting their music. Then the DJ said that some fans are sending tons of messages to the Dreams hoping to connect with them. 


 

"Here are some messages from fans." Said the Dj


 

From: NCTfandom00

 

I love your comeback song! It's refreshing and Everything is good! I look forward to their performance in music shows!!

 

-End- 

 

Once they heard a compliment from a fan. The Dreamies are happy. The DJ read more of the fans' messages and the members thanked the fans for their love and support. 


 

"Here's the last message from a fan. It sounds unique though." The DJ said. 


 

From: Nanaloveyoutillxxx

 

Na Jaemin shines brightly in the mv. Maybe, it's because of me. kekekeke. I look forward to seeing you. I love you!

 

-End-

 

"Ohhhh, Looks like Jaemin-ssi has a very dedicated fan." Dj said then looked at the members.


 

Jaemin froze after hearing the username of the sender. A frown escapes on his face and his body tension rises. For some reason, he started to be nervous. He smiled at the DJ and tried to hide his trembling by drinking water. 


 

Jeno was the first one who noticed Jaemin's discomfort. He was two people away from Jaemin and he saw how Jaemin trembled after hearing the last sender. Luckily, a commercial break happened and the Dreamies were free for a few minutes. 

 

Mark saw that Jaemin wasn't fine because he was beside him. He tried to ask him what's wrong but Jaemin isn't answering. Renjun, Chenle, and Jisung tried to change the topic while glancing at their concerns with Jaemin because they know what is going on. 


 

Jeno hurriedly attends to Jaemin. He tried to talk to him but Jaemin's eyes couldn't focus. It was the first time for Jeno to see a flustered Jaemin. He tried to hold his hands that were still trembling. The coldness of Jaemin's hands made Jeno get more worried about his condition. He looked pale and wanted to get him out of the broadcasting room. He becomes aggressive. 


 

Jaemin finally gets his grip after feeling Jeno's warm hands. He glances and him looking terrified. He saw Jeno's eyes changed and become sharp. Jeno stands up and is about to call their manager but Jaemin stops him. He looked at his eyes and shake his head. He mouthed to him that he's fine. 


 

Renjun saw how things almost got out of hand. He also wanted to stop the broadcast but it will only bring tons of questions and a scandal. Renjun grips his hands and continues to act calm but deep inside he's also not fine. 


 

Chenle suddenly became serious and quiet. While Jisung remains his poker face. Haechan, who keeps talking with Chenle frowns when he sees how Chenle changes his mood. He tried to ask Jisung but he also just stared at the script but it was obvious that he was not reading it. What's wrong with people Haechan thought. 


 

Mark was watching Jaemin and Jeno. He can feel the tension between the two. He saw how Jeno's gaze turned sharp while looking at Jaemin. He almost thought that they were fighting. Jeno looked pissed and he's trying to hide it but well, Jeno is Jeno. It was showing and Mark is nervous because they're in the middle of the live broadcast. He was thankful that it only records the voices. And it was a break. 


 

The program continues and everything turns around. Mark was surprised by s' professionalism. Jeno is smiling widely but it was obvious that it won't reach his eyes. Jaemin became quieter and just answered when the DJ was asking him. Renjun is working hard while Chenle is serious but also sincerely thanks the fans who supported them. 

 

***

 

The broadcast ended and they were thanking the DJ and the staff. They happily took a picture with the DJ. They went to the exit to go to the waiting room. Mr. Kim and Mr. Seok are with them. 


 

Mr. Seok looks for Jaemin. He was watching from the sideway when the DJ read the message from the particular fan. He was worried for the boys, especially Jaemin. He saw how the members changed when they heard the familiar username. He knows that chaos will happen but he also trusts the members to handle it. 


 

Mark tried to lighten up the mood after they reached the waiting room. The staff is all gone and only the Dream members and the managers remain in the room. 


 

Haechan's loud voice circulates to the room. He wanted to crack a joke but he stopped when he saw the indifference of the members and the managers. He looked at Mark who also left confused. 


 

Jaemin's nervousness didn't go away and he was feeling guilty with the members and the managers. He sat on the sofa with both hands trembling. He can't understand why he was terrified. His intuition is telling him that something bad will happen but he doesn't want to jinx it. Jaemin closed his eyes as if he was in pain. 



 

"Hyung." Jisung sits beside Jaemin and tries to hold his hands, which keep trembling. He saw how his Hyung looks flustered because of that one particular comment. 


 

Mark's frown deepens and wants to be answered. He saw how Chenle and Jeno were pissed. Renjun remained silent at the side. 


 

"Guys, What's wrong?" Haechan asked them. He can't take the tension anymore. 


 

"Everyone listened." Mr. Seong interrupted. 


 

End of Chapter 6...