Special Chapter

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

A/N: Hi everyone! I know that I promise you guys a special chapter before the ending... Please enjoy this! I actually have been reading about Sub-genre (Alpha, Beta, and Omega) and plan to create fanfiction with Jaemin as my protagonist. If you are still with me, I will let you know when I will release the story. 

Special Chapter

"Jaemin, Are you sure about this?" Yuna asked, her eyes scared, watching his half-baby brother reading the documents she reported to him.


For the past years, Jaemin has had the freedom to do whatever he wanted, like choosing his career, but she knows that one day if their father learns that he is still alive, he will do everything to claim him. 


Na Jaemin is the son of the most influential man in the world. You can say that his paternal family owns an organization that controls the darkest part of the world that even the government of the strong counties will shiver by hearing their lineage. 


Jaemin's mom tried her best with the help of her family to hide Jaemin's true identity by means of protecting him. She did many things to manipulate Jaemin's information to escape the grasp of his father's family. She did it meticulously and perfectly. That's why Jaemin has had freedom until now. 


Yuna is aware of Jaemin's existence, but she respects Jaemin's mother to the point that she will obey her more than her father. Jaemin learned his true identity after he joined the agency years ago. He was told about the hardship his mother experienced while raising him. Jaemin is aware of the threats and making sure he has the information ahead to support him and his mother.  Meeting Yuna a year ago was unexpected, but because of her guidance, he learned much about that world.


"I'm not, but mom will surely meet him." Jaemin noticed how his sister trembled, and he knew that if ever the cat would be willing to go out of the bag, the life he enjoys and has been doing would be crushed. 


"It's only for confirmation! Aunt make sure that they won't find out!" Yuna insisted while acting scared because she was not sure of what might happen. 

 

"I won't meet him, but mom has been staying abroad even though I was in danger," Jaemin retorted as he stared at Yumi, who changed her eyes and stopped acting like a scary cat. 

 

"Well, I thought you would chicken out! Haha! My acting doesn't have an effect. jeez!" Yuna crossed her arms and was comfortably seated at the sofa of her home. 

 

"If that man found out about me, what do you think he would do first?" Jaemin asked, smiling.


"You're twisted personality is just like him," Yuna commented, pouting because his cute little brother changes for only a matter of years.


"I always know that somethings up when you let that stalker of yours run havoc! I couldn't even teach her a lesson myself because she's already in jail!" Yuna's pretty face shows a distaste after remembering the past incidents. It's been two months since she investigated the case, doing some digging and giving Jaemin information.

 

"I need to create that for them to divert their focus and think of me as a normal celebrity," Jaemin commented while touching his jaw, one of his habits when he's thinking. 

 

"But that really falls for you! You didn't even intentionally mean it but guess what? A devil is a devil indeed. What will happen if your members learn about that? They never know that the Jaemin they care about have so many secrets, and one of them  is giving distress to people." Yuna is confident in her voice, wanting to piss Jaemin, but she only receives indifferent stares. 

 

"Hahaha! You never change, baby bro. You still don't show your true intentions. That's why I like you so much. I am sorry, okay?" Yuna bit her lip after realizing that she crossed the line. It won't be good if Jaemin won't show up anymore and talk to her. 

 

"I'm going home," Jaemin said in a cold voice and stood up. He still feels a little bit of guilt when s are mentioned though he knows that Yuna didn't mean it to sound like that. 

 

"I'm serious when I said that the people close to you will be in danger if you stay with them. You need to be more ahead of your father, Jaemin." Yuna also stood up, and Jaemin heard his sister sigh. 

 

"I will take you in my car. Is it okay?" Yuna asked his brother because she's concerned about him having so much pressure. Now he needs to be more meticulous because he's protecting the people he cares about. Even though he didn't say it, Yuna knows how much Jaemin treasures s. 

 

"Thank you, Noona," Jaemin said in gratitude, making Yuna cringe because of the affection she received from his brother. 

 

"Stop doing that! You only make me spoil you even more! I will give you Dior tomorrow," Yuna mumbled while walking at the parking lot, causing Jaemin to halt his walk and look ridiculously at his sister.

 

"You won't do that! You always send me expensive gifts! Stop your hobby Noona." Jaemin is back to his old self after the tension temporarily leaves his body.

 

"Ohhh, my little brother is acting cute with her, Noona. Wahhhh! You're so cute!" Jaemin frowns after watching her sister go crazy again with him.  It only matters a week before she stops sending him gifts that Yuna has become a hobby since Jaemin was a child. 

--

"Goodnight, brother." Yuna bid farewell to Jaemin after he closed the door of the car. He quickly walks to the elevator to go to the correct floor of his dorm. 

 

"You're late." Renjun opens the door when Jaemin is about to click the password. He looks surprised while the other members are in the living room watching some movies on Netflix. 


"Why are you guys still awake?" Jaemin asked and sat beside Chenle and cuddled him. 

 

"You worry about us, Hyung. It's past 10:00 pm, and you're still not home." Chenle let Jaemin cuddle him then yawn, making his heart flutter with the gesture of s. 


"Right. Jeno and Jisung won't leave us alone! Jisung is stress eating because of not seeing you!" Renjun started signing. 

 

"I-I'm sorry. I know I'm at fault, but you don't have to do that for me. I am fine, guys." Jaemin mumbled in a weak voice. He can't think of why he felt warm knowing that the members are concerned about him. 

 

"You are a family," Jeno said, crossing his arms. He's back from the bathroom. Maybe Jeno heard their conversation. 

 

"Hyung? You're home." Jisung, who just woke up from napping on the living room carpet, found Jaemin sitting on the sofa cuddling Chenle. He looks relieved that his big brother is already home. 

 

"Wait, why are you guys acting like this? You're making me feel bad." Jaemin tried his best to act like it was nothing but deep inside. For the first time and after learning his true lineage Jaemin felt anxious that he thought the same for his mother. 

 

"You should know that more than anyone else." Jeno started and sat on the carpet floor, joining the conversation.


"But it's already okay now." Jaemin hesitated to say because the storm was yet to leave him. 


"Hmm, You have a point, Hyung," Chenle said while smiling.


The conversation continued until Renjun told them to rest. Jaemin was already in his bed when he received a text message from his mom. 

 


From Mom,

Jaemin, I won't be around for a while. Take care of yourself. Yuna will assist you for the time being. Don't reply to this message.

-End-


Jaemin deleted the text after reading it. Things will get more complicated because his mom isn't here anymore. Jaemin knows that the tickling bomb that causes his anxiety will explode. Even if he's ready for the worst, the future is still unexpected. 


Jaemin closes his eyes with a mix of a warm and heavy heart. He will never let those people harm his family and the members. He will bet his life protecting them.