Chapter 5

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 5

 

Jeno opens the door. His eyes get wider and his heart beats faster from shock. He saw Jaemin lying on the bed, sleeping peacefully with the face mask on his face. His anxiety vanished instantly making it feels like everything is just his imagination. He sighed in relief and a smile rose on his lips. 

 

The other members also sigh and Chenle wants to confront and wake Jaemin up but Jeno and Jisung stop him. They dragged Chenle out of the room while Renjun closed the door. They leave the hallway afterward. 

 

--

 

The sound of a knock wakes up Jaemin. He saw Jeno peeking at his door. When Jeno confirms that Jaemin is already awake, he leaves his room. 

 

Jaemin blinks a few times then rises. It was the most comfortable long sleep he ever experienced since his pre-debut days. He feels lighter and everything seems to be beautiful to him. 

 

Yesterday, Their Hyung manager told him to stay home. He said that he wanted to check something but by doing that, Jaemin must stay home and not leave the dorm. He also told Jaemin to turn off his phone or just ignore messages coming that day. He said that he must properly lock windows and doors. He explained that it's for safety purposes. 

 

Jaemin after hearing it suddenly gets sullen. He wanted to practice with the members and he likes to have a productive day. But their manager Hyung told him otherwise. After they talk, His sharp eyes never leave him, and continues to stay alert. He feels the pressure and Jaemin chooses not to become paranoid. 

 

Hyung's manager told him to stay in his room and lock his door. He said that his schedule will be normal by tomorrow too. He cooks, takes a bath again, does some work on his computer then sleeps. After sleeping for an hour he can't remember, Jaemin just found himself waking up in the morning and has a lighter feeling except that he is hungry. 

 

He quickly went to the bathroom to wash. He wears his white shirt and pants and also navy blue sneakers. He is ready to go. 

 

**

 

The members followed Jaemin to the dining area. Their sleepy eyes changed when they saw him glowing. He looks fresh and it is eye-catching even for the tired members. They encircle him, frowning at his fresh aura. 

 

"Someone is glowing today." Chenle said, preparing to throw questions at Jaemin. 

 

"Why didn't you go to practice yesterday?" Renjun asked and then bite his bread sandwich. 

 

"Right Hyung. We waited for you." Jisung retorted. 

 

"Hyung talked to me yesterday but he also told me to stay home for a day." Jaemin said then started to eat his breakfast. 

 

"But why?" Chenle asked afterward. 

 

"I don't know." Jaemin answers truthfully because he has no idea except for what manager Hyung reasoned out about his safety.

 

"What? That's weird. Did he scold you?" Jeno asked him after, looking extra worried. 

 

"Hmm, He did but it's okay." Jaemin said calmly and smiled at Jeno. 

 

"But what did he say?... In detail please." Chenle, as sharp as he was, didn't give up. Since he has a gut feeling that Jaemin is hiding something from them. And everything doesn't make any sense to him. Chenle grinned and eyed Jeno. 

 

Jeno knows that Jaemin was lying but he didn't push him because he knows Jaemin's personality., Also, he doesn't want to create tension in the group. He observed them and his gaze came across Chenle's eyes. He is sure that the members will not buy whatever Jaemin was saying. Though he knows that some of it were the truth. 

 

Jaemin let out a sigh and stopped eating. It seems like what he felt a while ago was just a dream. The tension is happening and the members wanted him to explain the weird things yesterday. Though Jaemin doesn't want to create anything at the moment, and he really thinks that it was not a big deal. But of course, the members were like a family to him. They needed to know. 

 

"Well. First, it's not that big but..." He paused then met the gaze of the members. 

 

Jaemin ended up telling everything from the beginning. He also said that manager Hyung told him that it was dangerous. Nevertheless, Jaemin's opinion is different from the Hyung manager. He ended up listening to him and just stayed at home and halted his schedule for that day. 

 

The Dream members turned serious. Their faces are difficult to read. Jeno clenches his jaw, while Chenle's eyes turn sharp. Jisung is quiet and there's a poker face written all over him. While Renjun became serious. 

 

The surrounding suddenly turned chilly. Jaemin was overwhelmed by the emotions he saw in the members. He sincerely didn't think of it as seriously but it doesn't mean that it was alright. 

 

Renjun takes Jaemin's phone and skillfully manipulates it then reads all of the messages the stranger sends him, even his kakaotalk was seen. Jaemin watches the Dream mob on his phone and every time they read messages the darker their faces become. It's chaotic. 

 

Jaemin's phone suddenly vibrated and he saw how their eyebrows frown became visible to their faces. 

 

KakaoTalk From: Nanaxxxx

 

Oppa, why didn't you come to practice yesterday? I thought you're there. I waited for you!

 

-End-

 

5 Messages from unknown number +

 

Nana, BTW. I got to taste the ramyeon you ate last time. I'm sorry that I didn't inform you earlier. But don't worry, I already keep the trash safe. Oops, pardon me. Forgive me hmpp! 💚

 

Jaemin, I waited for you. Why aren't you coming?

 

I will wear something that you like today. Guess what?

-Y- hihi. 

 

Na Jaemin. You look good.

 

I'm downstairs.

 

-End-

 

***

 

Jaemin gets his phone to Renjun but messages keep coming. He forgot to check his phone and he just read these recent messages from the same stranger.

 

Jaemin was shocked. He was supposed to block it yesterday but he seriously forgot. He flinches after reading the last messages. 

 

It was sent at 3:45 AM today. And it was already 5:00 AM. The calls from the unknown number reached 105 miscalls from yesterday. It's crazy!

 

Jaemin was overwhelmed by this but in a bad way. He was frowning and his good feelings from this morning are all gone. What's wrong with this person? Texting him uncomfortable stuff.

 

"Hyung. I think this is serious." Chenle said after reading all the messages he received yesterday. 

 

"It's very disturbing. This is not a fan. They're stalkers!" Renjun started looking pissed at the person who kept harassing Jaemin. 

 

"But there are also fans who keep hanging out outside our dorm though." Jisung said still on his poker face. 

 

"I never received such disturbing messages from fans before." Chenle retorted. 

 

"Jaemin. This person is harassing you! How on earth?!" Jeno said and the annoyed face was shown. He paused and breathed heavily. 

 

"Jaemin Hyung, I think you should stay at home again?" Jisung said in a firm voice, but waver since he knows how hardworking Jaemin is. 

 

"No, It's fine guys. The manager Hyung already told me that it's okay to practice today. 

 

***

 

That morning a report came from their manager about a person who's waiting at the parking lot. The police stated that the person is just a random passerby and isn't doing anything dangerous. But the family who called the police said that they saw a knife in his pocket. He was waiting for a person to come out. 

 

Later on, the police stated that the man was just a violent drunk father. He keeps insisting that his daughter, a teenager, was inside the building and someone held her captive. That's why he went to the place and brought a knife. 

 

Everyone says that the guy was hallucinating and had a mental illness. The police handle the situations and luckily no one gets hurt so everything just ignores the issues and just takes it as a random event. 

 

**

 

The Dream was already in the practice room when that incident happened. They heard the news but didn't mind it since next week was the recording schedule of their comeback song. They feel thrilled at the same time. 

 

Jaemin after that day never received any more disturbing calls and messages from the stranger. His life is pretty normal now but kinda busy. All of the members work so hard to produce music for their fans. 

 

End of Chapter 5...