Chapter 13

NCT DREAM: Na Jaemin HOW FAR?

Chapter 13

 

"Be careful." 



 

Jaemin is taken aback when he hears Ms. Aera whispers to him. Jaemin's heart beats faster, halting him from moving. His hands were frozen and a shivering cold envelops him. Jaemin was flustered. He tried to shift and look for Ms. Aera but it was only an empty hallway that he saw. Jaemin was left confused. 



 

"Jaemin let's go." Mr. Seok said and walked in his direction. 




 

"Y-Yeah Hyung." Jaemin answered still flustered




 

"What happened to you?" Mr. Seok asked him.



 

"Nothing. Let's go." Jaemin says he takes a deep breath and tries to calm down.



 

They walk to the elevator and go to the basement, then go to the van leaving the hospital. Mr. Seok asked Jaemin if he wanted to go home today, it's lunchtime and they haven't eaten yet.


 

"I wanna eat soybean paste stew Hyung." Jaemin suggest 



 

Jaemin is still thinking of what Ms. Aera told him. He didn't sense ill intention to Ms. Aera's words, is it more of a warning? Jaemin wanted to just shrug off the idea but he promises himself and the people around him to be careful and acknowledge the possibility of danger. He decided to tell to his manager Hyung. 



 

"Hyung... Uh, I met Ms. Aera in the hallway when I got out of the bathroom and I feel like it's strange but she told me something..." Jaemin paused, not sure how to say it. 



 

Mr. Seok is driving carefully while listening to Jaemin's words. He recollected Jaemin's flustered face and a frown escaped from his face.



 

"What did she say?." Mr. Seok said in a sharp tone. 



 

"Nothing much, she just told me to be careful." Jaemin said and pouted one of his habits when he's thinking deeply. 



 

"But maybe she was just worried. After All, Ms. Aera was one of the people who helped me to recover." Jaemin suggests and a smile forms on his lips. 




 

"You will not hold back telling me if it wasn't strange." Mr. Seok sharply stated and looked at Jaemin in the viewer's mirror. 



 

"Well, Her voice was kinda trembling when she said it but maybe I just heard it wrong? She said it in a whisper." Jaemin said recollecting the incident.



 

"I will talk to her myself." Mr. Seok said, and concentrate on driving. 



 

***


 

They arrive at the dorm and Jaemin sees that the Dreamies are playing games in the living room. Haechan was also present and when he saw Jaemin he didn't stop pestering him. Jaemin just lets him do whatever he wants making the crowd more active and they have fun playing and talking. They ate lunch after. Heachan buys them food from his new favorite restaurant. They for being generous and wanted him to do it every day which of course made Haechan left speechless.



 

Haechan left the Dreamies dorm late at night. He was scolded because he has an early schedule tomorrow.  Jeno, Jisung, and Chenle were left in the living room still playing games. Renjun was in his room and Jaemin decided to hang out there. 




 

"Oh, you're here." Renjun said he was sitting at the head of the bed reading a book. 



 

"Yeah." Jaemin lies down beside Renjun and hugs him. He wanted to cuddle him but Jaemin changed his mind because Renjun is busy though it doesn't matter to him. 



 

"Ah." Jaemin mumbled



 

"What?" Renjun asked, still looking at the book. 




 

"Remember Ms. Aera?." Jaemin asked Renjun. The incident a while ago never leaves his mind. 



 

"Yes. Why? Do you like her?." Renjun teases him. 




 

"Not that. But she told me something earlier." Jaemin explained frowning. He met Renjun's eyes. 




 

"She told me to be careful." Jaemin said while he changed his position. He is now sitting at the bed facing Renjun.



 

"And?" Renjun closes the book he was reading and gives his full attention to his friend.



 

"She sounded scared. I don't know, her voice is low but I think it's strange. What do you think?." Jaemin is still frowning but his eyes are serious with a hint of worries. 




 

"Nothing will happen because of me again, right? I don't care really but it's better if I'm the one who's hurt the people-" Jaemin mumbled while his gaze changed at the book Renjun's reading. 



 

"Yah! Na Jaemin! You!-." Renjun shouted, which made Jaemin flinch in surprise. 



 

Jisung quickly ran towards Renjun's room followed by Chenle and Jeno. They were all surprised by the shout. It was as loud as expected from the main vocalist. Jaemin's eyes were wide and he froze while staring at Renjun. 




 

"Hey, What happened? Are you guys fighting?." Chenle asked and entered the room. 




 

"If you said that again, I won't forgive you Na Jaemin." Renjun said, tears flowing in his eyes made Jaemin and the Dreamies panic. 




 

Jeno went to Jaemin and held his hand. He sees how Jaemin was bewildered by what's happening. He hugged him in the back. It was their first time seeing Renjun be upset and the cause was Jaemin. They are dying to know the reason for their fight. 



 

"I'm sorry." Jaemin whispered afterward. 


 

Renjun breathed deeply. He was also flustered by the sudden outburst but he can't help himself. He wiped his tears and tried so hard to calm down. He stares at surprise Jaemin, he lets out a sigh and whispers an apology. 


 

Jeno, who was still hugging Jaemin, let him go and faced Jaemin whose eyes were tired. He stayed beside him and waited for his words. 


 

Jaemin told the members their conversation and as expected he received a sharp response from the Dreamies. He explained to them that he didn't mean it as sacrificing himself but if things get worse, it was better if he was the one who is hurt than them. The silence followed after Jaemin told his side story. 


 

"Jaemin hyung. If you think like that, how are we supposed to protect you?." Jisung said and stared at Jaemin. He looks serious and the impression of a cute maknae is gone. 



 

"Also you know better than us that it is a risky situation. How can we stay still knowing it's dangerous? You hurt my feelings Hyung." Chenle said afterward. His grin at Jaemin. 



 

"Jaemin you! Your safety is our priority. I'm glad that you're telling the members your worries but please give us a slack too." Jeno said in a firm voice. 



 

"I understand guys but my decision is still the same. But don't worry I will survive because this group is important to me..." Jaemin says 


 

Jeno smirk but still worried for Jaemin. He hugged him again and suddenly Jisung hug them making Renjun and Chenle join them. It was a group hug that warm everyone's heart. Jaemin, Jeno and Jisung stayed at Renjun and Chenle's room for more minutes to talk. They laugh and listen to their worries. It makes them feel relieved talking about their feelings and helps each other to be stronger for the future. 


 

-End of Chapter 13...