Deadlock + Going in

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjeong

 

 

I slid down to the light illuminated floor and stared at an empty space, feeling the throbbing pain on my knuckles from punching the glass wall in anger. After I got tased by none other than Black, back at the safe house, they brought me here at the Agency, and locked me up together with Giselle. Abandoning us was one thing, but locking me up was now a different story as it was keeping me from saving Jimin. I didn't want to think what would I do to Black if something were to happen to Jimin because I was too late to save her.

 

"I'm sorry I got you into this Gi," I mumbled when my attention had diverted to her after noticing her kept glancing at me.

 

"It's not your fault Min... How are you holding up?"

 

I shook my head, sighing, "I don't know...I'm beyond pissed at Black, I'm worried about Jimin...and now we're stuck in here...I just...I don't know Giselle. What am I supposed to do?"

 

"Don't worry, we'll figure this out Min...I'm not gonna let you do this alone," she assured, making me smile. I was glad I had someone with me, after everything that had been going on right now, I couldn't do this alone.

 

"Thank you, Gi...for always having my back," I said sincerely.

 

She smiled, "I know you'll do the same for me. Whatever happens, you can count on me." I nodded, and somehow felt a sliver of hope, and thought maybe it wasn't yet too late,

 

I could still save Jimin and her parents, we just had to find a way to get out of here, and it wouldn't be impossible as long as I had Giselle with me.

 

Taking a deep breath, I heaved myself up from the floor and looked at her with a hint of determination, "There's no time to waste, Gi. We have to get out of here."

 

She smirked, "Now you're talking," she remarked as she stood up.

 

"I'm afraid that's not possible." We both turned to look at the man who decided to interrupt us as he stood outside our cage, hands on his pants' pockets.

 

"You!" I hissed under my breath. Glaring at Black, I stalked towards him until I reached within arms-length.

 

If only we weren't barricaded by the damn glass wall, I would have punched him already, or worse, mangled his face. 

 

"I can't believe you still have the audacity to show your face, after what you did back there," I added through gritted teeth.

 

"You forced me to do it Minjeong."

 

I snorted in disbelief, "So now it's my fault? Are you hearing yourself right now?"

 

"If you weren't so stubborn, you wouldn't end up in a cell." I swiftly punched the glass as if I was punching his face, not minding the pain as I was too angry to even think about it.

 

"I despise you Black... If anything happens to Jimin...I will kill you myself." As I glared hard at him, I saw something flashed in his eyes after hearing what I just said, but it quickly disappeared as he eventually composed himself.

 

"In due time...you will know my reason Minjeong," he said sternly before turning his back and walked away, leaving me confused and curious.

 

"What do you think his reason is?" Giselle asked behind me, and I shook my head in response while looking at his retreating figure. Even if I grew tired of whatever his excuse was, I admit, my curiosity hadn't died down, I still wanted to know why he was doing this, and if he wouldn't tell me in due time, I would find it out, one way or another.

 

I turned to face Giselle "Gi, we need to get out of here," I said intently.

 

"Right. And... how do we do that?" she asked as she looked at me expectantly.

 

 

"Leave that to me."

 

Our attention instantly snapped to the source of the voice, and saw Hyunjin, smirking at us while holding his tab. With a single finger tap on his gadget, the door of the cell slid open, catching me by a brief surprise. 

 

"Get out of here guys," he added urgently.

 

"Hyunjin, why...?" I mumbled as I strode out of the cell and stopped before him.

 

"I'm sorry about earlier Minjeong, I shouldn't have done that."

 

I shook my head, "No, you were just following orders, and I know it wasn't easy for you doing that...but why help us? I mean this is going against Black's order."

 

His lips curled up into a small smile, "Hate to say it...but I have grown fond of Jimin, and like you, I don't want anything to happen to her, or to her parents."

 

"What about Black?" Giselle questioned beside me.

 

"Screw Black and his order," he answered, smirking., "Now go. Don't worry, I managed to lock up the other trained agents in a room...It wouldn't be too hard for you to get out...unless..."

 

"Black..." Giselle stated obviously.

 

Feeling grateful, I pulled Hyunjin into a quick hug, "Thank you," I mumbled.

 

He nodded, before handing me a phone, "Track Jimin, and call me if you need anything."

 

I flashed a small smile, "I will, thank you...Let's go, Gi."

 

Without delay, we bolted out of the room and snuck into the hallway, heading to the elevator. Thankfully, the floor was empty, and we managed to get into the lift without ruckus. As we rode inside, my heart wouldn't stop pounding hard as I readied myself for anyone who would get in our way.

 

"God, isn't this exciting?" Giselle remarked, although I could see she was looking a little bit anxious.

 

"We should definitely do this again," I joked nervously. It took several minutes until the elevator dinged open, causing me to hold my breath for who would greet us. Two agents stumbled upon us, looking surprised as their gazes flickered between me and Giselle.

 

"Ahh, agents...!" Giselle greeted, trying to sound cheerful.

 

"You two are supposed to be locked up," said the petite guy, frowning at the same time.

 

I shrugged, "Yeah, well..." with a quick glance at Gi, giving her a nod, I swiftly kicked the petite agent into his gut, making him stagger backwards. Not letting him recover, I curled my arm and hit his chin up with my elbow, rendering him unconscious. I turned to Giselle and saw her kick the other agent into unconsciousness as well.

 

"Nice," she remarked.

 

I smirked, "Always...Come on, let's go."

 

"There they are!" a guy shouted behind, making me turn towards him and saw a bunch of recruits running towards us. Hastily, I dragged Giselle and together we ran across the training room, heading to another elevator that would take us to the top floor, but unexpectedly, the elevator at the opposite end suddenly opened causing us to abruptly stop halfway, seeing five recruits came out, tailed by Black.

 

"Not too hard eh," Giselle mumbled as we positioned back to back.

 

"They're just new recruits, we can take them easily...except Black," I said, glaring at the boss.

 

"You need to stop this Agent Kim!" Black said half-yelled.

 

I curled my hands to fists, "Make me."

 

With that, I ran to his direction, and as expected, the recruits met me halfway, then we clashed. I dodged the first punch thrown at me by the first recruit and connected my knee to his gut before pushing him out of the way. The second and third recruit decided to join in, throwing their attacks at me, at the same time, but I easily blocked and dodged their predictable moves, and managed to counter them. The fourth recruit ran towards me, yelling his gut out at the same time, clogging my ears, but he didn't manage to land an attack when I hit him with my outstretched arm on his neck, causing him to fall on his back.

 

Looking up to the last recruit, I straightened my form and beckoned for him to attack. His throat bobbed as he looked like he was about to bolt away. Sensing his uncertainty, Black held his shoulder and gently pushed him to the side.

 

"Finally," I said tauntingly, not minding the nerve I was feeling. I walked to him, lessening the distance between us, and with one last stare, I sent a kick to his direction, but he easily dodged back and countered a kick which I blocked. I ducked to avoid his punch and threw a fist to his gut, then to his face which he wasn't able to avoid, but he managed to hit my gut with his kick, causing me to reel back.

 

"I don't want to hurt you Minjeong."

 

"You already did," I mumbled as I thought about the things he had done.

 

Wanting to end this, I initiated the attack once again, putting all the anger and frustration in every punch and kick I delivered. I was coming on too strong, but I didn't care as I wanted him to feel what I was feeling.

 

But then again, it didn't help as I got distracted and ended up receiving hits more than I had thought. As I sent a punch at him, he blocked it, and instantly pinned my arm to my back, then kicked the back of my knee, forcing me to kneel, before snaking his arm around my neck.

 

"Don't make me...hurt you," he mumbled breathlessly, "Stay down, agent."

 

"You can't tell me what to do," I managed to say despite the attempt to break free. Just then, unexpectedly, my body had been thrown forward, breaking me out of Black's clutch. I didn't know what happened until I looked up and saw Giselle hovering above Black's unconscious form on the floor.

 

"Sorry boss," she remarked as she tossed the small dumbbell to the side. She stretched her hand out and I gladly accepted as I heaved myself up.

 

"Thanks."

 

She nodded, "Let's go." 

 

Once again, we made our way out of the training room as we finally rode the elevator. Thankfully, since that little encounter, we hadn't fought a lot of agents on the way up, and we managed to get out. Opening the door, we strode straight to the jewelry store, the Agency's front cover, not minding the three undercover agents, dressed as store staffs as they looked at us in confusion.

 

"Where to?" Giselle asked when we reached outside.

 

"The tracker says at the park," I answered, looking at the phone Hyunjin gave us.

 

"Then let's not waste time." Without delay, we looked for a car we could steal, but when we saw Black's car, we took the opportunity, and immediately drove to the location. After all the things Black had done, stealing his car wasn't enough for payback.

 

While Giselle was driving, I slumped back on my seat, shutting my eyes for a moment as I felt suddenly exhausted. I was feeling drained, I didn't want to move, and my mind was in chaos, constantly thinking about Jimin. I doubted she was in the park, but I knew we had to go there, to try to find her, or look for clues if she wasn't in there. I just hoped that she was doing okay.

 

Please be safe Yooji. I'll come for you.

 

"You okay?" Gi asked in concern, and I just nodded in return, still eyes closed. "Jimin...she's going to be fine Min," she added.

 

I sighed, opening my eyes, and looked at her, "I hope so... I just don't know what I'd do without her."

 

"I know she will be... She's a , and I heard es are hard to kill," she said unexpectedly.

 

I chuckled, "And where did you hear that?" Her forehead creased as if thinking.

 

"I, um, I honestly forgot..." she answered quickly, making me chuckle once again. Thankfully she was here with me as she would always light things up, and in our current situation right now, I surely needed lightening.

 

Few minutes later, we reached the park and immediately tracked down Jimin's position. The tracker led us to the ground, and saw few people passing by, but there was no sign of her.

 

"Where is she?" I mumbled anxiously.

 

"Min, look..." I looked to where Giselle was pointing and saw a couple sitting idly on the ground. Even if it was already dark, I could see the girl was slowly dangling a necklace in her hand, showing it to her boyfriend, although I couldn't get a clear view of what the necklace looked like.

 

We walked to the couple and stopped in front of them. Giselle cleared , causing them to look up at us. Now we were near them, I instantly recognized the necklace the girl was holding. No doubt it was Jimin's.

 

"Can we help you?" the guy asked annoyingly.

 

"Um, that necklace...is that yours?" I asked the girl, purposely ignoring the guy.

 

"What's it to you?" the guy snapped making me clench my jaw.

 

"Babe, stop that..." her brunette girlfriend scolded as she slowly stood up, "I'm sorry about my boyfriend... anyway, this necklace is not mine, I just picked it up."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"Earlier today, when I was walking my dog, I saw a woman plucked this out from the girl's neck and dropped it... I don't know why, but it seemed like they were in an argument. It was a little bit scary watching them surrounded with few guys."

 

"Did they take the girl?" Giselle asked and the brunette nodded.

 

"Did you see where they went?" I queried.

 

She shook her head, "Not really...but I think I saw them got into black SUV's."

 

I nodded weakly, "Thank you."

 

She smiled, "Glad I could help, and..." she held my hand and put the necklace on my palm, "I believe this belongs to her. I hope you'll find her."

 

"Thank you so much. This means a lot to me," I said as I looked at the necklace on my hand, before shoving it in my pocket. 

 

"Thanks again, we'll be on our way now." Seeing her nodded, I turned my back to them, and walked away, feeling down, thinking I had once again lost Jimin. 

 

How would I find her now? When she lost the only thing that could tell me where she was.

 

"Don't lose hope yet," Gi mumbled beside me.

 

I let a breath, "I don't want to, but..." 

 

"We'll find another way Min."

 

Looking at her, I shook my head, "How, Giselle?... How can I find her when I'm too messed up to even think of a way!" hearing me snap, she immediately averted her gaze and sighed in defeat.

 

"Minjeong..." I stopped when I felt Giselle's hand on my shoulder and looked at her confusedly.

 

"What?"

 

"What time did Jimin put you to sleep?" she suddenly asked.

 

I frowned, "I don't know, I'm not sure. Why are you asking?"

 

"Just think Min," she insisted.

 

"Probably around 9:00 or so in the morning...What are you getting at, Gi?"

 

"Look Min, from your safehouse, it will probably take 25 minutes to get here, that means we can narrow down our search for any black SUV's who stopped by here, around 9 am to 10 am...This place is crawling with cameras, if we call Hyunjin, we can get him to hack the system, and find us our cars."

 

I breathed, "Gi, that's...brilliant!"

 

Without second thought, I pulled her into a tight hug, grateful that she managed to somehow find a way. She had no idea how much she had helped me right now, I didn't know how to thank her.

 

"Come on, let's get going," she said as we broke apart, and I nodded. 

 

We headed to the car, and while we were on our way, I fetched the phone Hyunjin gave me and dialed his number. I waited patiently for him to pick up, hoping that he would, and it seemed like the odds were in our favor this time when the call had connected. As we got inside the car, I promptly told him what we needed him to do and waited for few minutes, as he said.

 

"Where are we going?" I asked after ending the call.

 

"To visit a friend."

 

I cocked a brow, "And why are we visiting your friend at this time?"

 

"I'm gonna cash in some favor." Instead of asking further, I just stared at her for a moment, thinking she knew what she was doing.

 

Few minutes had passed, Hyunjin called and told us he had already found the SUV's and their location, sending us the coordinates, and apparently, it was in Helena's estate, as what Giselle had mentioned. She didn't expect Helena would bring the Yoos to her place, knowing she didn't want to make a mess in her own home. That was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter