Suspicion

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong

 

 

I didn't get a goodnight sleep last night as I was thinking about Jimin and the fact that she called me by my real name. How the hell did she know? Only her parents knew, were they the one who told her? If so, I might as well come clean and tell her the truth. The only reason I didn't tell her was that her parents asked me to since she didn't like having bodyguards near her, she always sneaked away without them realizing and putting herself more in danger. So I had to protect her from afar which was not easy by the way.

 

"Hey," I looked up from my trance and saw Ningning adjusting her glasses, hesitation was written in her face. Biting my lower lip, I looked down unable to look at her after what I did last night. I totally forgot to apologize to her this morning. Great!

 

"Can I sit?" she asked softly and I nodded, still looking down. We sat silently opposite each other, unsure of who should speak up first. It took me few minutes to wait for her to speak up until I was having enough of it.

 

"I'm sorry," we both muttered at the same time. We stared at each other for a moment before bursting out in laughter. Students sitting on other tables looked at us like we were crazy but neither of us cared. My stomach was starting to hurt and I could feel tears on the edges of my eyes.

 

"S-Seriously, I'm s-sorry," I stuttered in between my laughter. She took a deep breath and beamed a smile at me.

 

"You were crazy last night but I forgive you. Just don't ever do it again."

 

I sighed in relief, "That's good to know and I won't." Hopefully!

 

"And I'm sorry for slamming the door and not saying goodbye."

 

"That wasn't nice but I forgive you," I answered.

 

"Does that mean we're friends?"

 

"No, I don't do friends," I said deadpanned. She sighed while rolling her eyes and took a bite of her cupcake instead. I smiled and glanced at Jimin's direction. She was sitting beside Elle as usual with two other girls. Her gaze flickered at me while she was listening but I shifted my gaze towards the book I was reading.

 

Practice came and I didn't bother changing since I couldn't join in because of my injury. Mr. Baek was okay with it and he wasn't around also so it would be Jimin and me who would manage the squad as usual.

 

While on my way to the gym, I thought about what I would say to Jimin.

 

Of course I was planning to tell her everything after the practice since she probably knew who I am. But if she knew, she would have confronted me already? And if she was still oblivious, then how the hell did she know my real name? I guess I had to find out.

 

I reached the gym and found Jimin sitting on the bleacher, tying her shoelaces. I walked to her, clearing my throat to let her know. She looked up with a surprised expression on her face. Standing up, she crossed her arms and composed herself.

 

"You need something?" she asked sternly.

 

"Can we talk after practice?"

 

"Yeah sure" she said, smiling.

 

"Great! I'll be here." She nodded before jogging towards the other girls and boys. I watched do the stretchings then to the routines. Every flex and move she made were really amusing. I couldn't take my eyes away from her, it was as if I was being pulled by her. That was why she was the captain because no one was far better than her. The way how she taught others with her steps and how she could easily come up with those steps were really amazing. For a short period of time she already made and contributed great steps. I'd say she was born to do this and I was glad she pursued in becoming a cheerleader.

 

"Hey co-captain, how was it?" she hollered when they finished doing the steps. I gave her two thumbs up before clapping. She beamed a smile then told the squad to take a break. She jogged towards me and picked up the bottled water beside me.

 

"Uh that's my water," I said but too late as she was already drinking.

 

"Hmm that was hydrating."

 

"You do realize that's my water."

 

"Yeah so?"

 

"So? It's like an indirect kiss!" I clamped my mouth shut as I had slipped once again. I was about to say that she couldn't just drink other people's drinks and that the indirect kiss was just my second reason.

 

"I-I hadn't thought about that," she stuttered while handing the bottle to me.

 

"I think we should disregard that bottle," She nodded and put the bottle away and sat down beside me.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry about what I did last night..." I started after a minute of silence, "...that must had been scary for you."

 

She snorted, "Scary was just an understatement. I thought I was gonna die and just like that, my life came flashing before me. But for some reason, I also felt the excitement, the rush, it was pretty new to me."

 

"I don't know if I should be relieved or not," I said chuckling.

 

"Haha, I guess I'm weird."

 

"I'm not the only one then."

 

The practice resumed and this time I was standing watching near the girls while they did the routines.

 

"Lia, lower your arm a little, look at the girls in front," I hollered to one of the girls.

 

"Lucas, focus! Don't divert your attention to something or you wouldn't be able to catch her."

 

"Come on guys, presence of mind."

 

After a little yelling and correcting the cheerleaders, finally the practice ended. When the crowd already dispersed, Jimin walked up to me, panting. Beads of sweat ran down her forehead and the stray hairs from her messy ponytail were sticking to her skin. Damn, she looked y!

 

"Well you went all out in there," she commented.

 

"They weren't taking it seriously."

 

"Hmmm, yeah. Come on let's get out of here." We walked back to the bleachers and gathered our things and then made our way out. It wasn't always that I get to go with her after practice since Jeno would wait for her. Come to think of it, I rarely saw them together these past few days.

 

"So where's your boyfriend?"

 

"I dumped him." I stopped walking and looked at her curiously. When she realized I stopped walking, she turned towards me with a bored look.

 

"You didn't,"

 

"Yes I did! I don't like him anymore. Even if he's the quarterback, which was the reason I said yes to him by the way, I'm kinda tired of having him around, so yeah." I remained quiet and just stared at her as I didn't know what to say to her. Although I didn't like Jeno, I felt bad for him at how he easily got dumped.

 

"And how did he handle it?"

 

"Not well," she answered nonchalantly. "And speaking of the devil," she added, gazing past behind me. I turned around and saw Jeno walking towards us with a grim look on his face. I stepped back a bit and stood in a protective stance in front of Jimin.

 

"What are you doing?"

 

"Protecting you"

 

"Jimin, can we talk?" Jeno's booming voice made my head snapped back to him.

 

"What for? We're done Jeno or do you want me to dump you again?" Hearing Jimin's remark,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter