Trail

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong

 

"Seriously?"

 

"What?"

 

"Really Giselle?"

 

"What did I do? I got your text and caught this sneaky bastard. It was pretty easy by the way, didn't break any sweat."

 

"Of course it was easy, that's Jeno, Jimin's ex-boyfriend!"

 

"Oh," Messing up my hair in frustration, I stomped towards Jeno who was unconscious and tied to a chair. There was a small trickle of blood on his left cheek from a small gash on his head but aside from that, he seemed fine.

 

"After I knocked him down, the girl he was with jumped on me. Black hair, she caught me off guard, luckily I managed but damn, she can fight," My brows arched in concentration as I thought of a girl who could be with Jeno but since obviously there's a lot of dark-haired girls in school, I couldn't rule out who. Must be Jeno's new girl but was he over with Jimin?

 

"Okay. Do me a favor? Wake him up for me,"

 

"Gladly!" she answered excitedly. I turned my back on him so Giselle could have her way but I stopped when I heard something connected to a flesh. I turned around and saw Giselle's raised fist.

 

"Stop! What are you doing?"

 

"Waking him up," she said as a matter of fact.

 

"I meant not the hard way,"

 

She sighed, "That's boring," Thankfully Jeno slowly came into consciousness and groaned while looking around the room, disoriented. He shook his head, getting rid of the dizziness.

 

"Where am I?" he mumbled. I nodded at Giselle who nodded in understanding. She jogged to check on the girls. Dragging a chair from the corner, I placed it a distant away, in front of Jeno. I sat looking at him as he slowly got a grip of himself then finally his gaze landed on mine.

 

"You! What am I doing here? Untie me now!" he hissed as he fruitlessly struggled against his seat. His veins were popping out in his forehead and arms as he tried to pull himself out of the ropes around his body and wrists.

 

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. You're just wasting your stength."

 

"What the is going on? How did you- Who are you really Kim? How can you do this to me?"

 

I rolled my eyes, "You don't get to ask questions here Jeno. I do. So let's not waste our time and get on with this. Why were you following us?" I said calmly.

 

"What are you asking? I wasn't following you. We just happened to see you guys in the parking lot. And since I was curious, I had to see if what they were talking about was true."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"I heard some students talk about how Jimin and you are so close like a couple. You even gave her a ride to school earlier. I had to see you know, I mean you aren't a couple right? Jimin isn't even a bi." I craned my neck to the side, keeping my mouth shut at his question. All I could say was that we were definitely not a couple and honestly, I didn't know what we were, all I knew was that Jimin wasn't straight as pole as what Jeno thought of her.

 

Sighing, I shifted on my seat and crossed a leg over the other while I examined Jeno. 

 

"You said we, who was with you?"

 

"Elle. I was about to give her a ride." That explained it. Black hair, Giselle was referring to Elle but I didn't know she could fight. Contemplating, I stood up and went out of the basement to find Giselle, leaving Jeno shouting behind me. Since the walls were thick in this house, I doubted Yooji or Ning would hear him. I found Giselle in the kitchen, eating her pasta alone while scrolling through her iPad. I flopped down on the chair across her.

 

"You got the wrong guy,”

 

"Oh yeah?"

 

I nodded even though she didn't look up. "We should take Jeno back."

 

"Uh huh, leave that to me. I'll take him back to the campus after this."

 

"Can I have some?" She looked up and I pouted my lips to her food. She smiled and forked her pasta then brought it to my mouth which I gladly accepted. The perfect taste melted to my mouth and I savored it while closing my eyes. When it came to making dish like this, Giselle never disappointed me.

 

My stomach growled for the first time making Giselle chuckle. She stopped what she was doing and slid the iPad towards me, feeding me her pasta at the same time. I looked at the monitor and saw different footage in some part of the school. Raising my eyebrows, I looked at her with a questioning look. Her lips curled up into her signature smirk.

 

"I installed tiny cameras in your school, just in case,"

 

"I could kiss you right now," I breathed in relief.

 

"I would love for you to do that," I rolled my eyes at her attempt then we both sniggered. After we finished the shared meal, I went upstairs to check the two girls. I checked first Ning who was curled up in Giselle's bed. Although the house has three bedrooms, I asked her to sleep with Gi so that someone could monitor her. Of course knowing Ningning, she was hesitant at first but with a little push from me, she finally agreed. Giselle, on the other hand, was ecstatic on the idea. She could be a flirt sometimes.

 

After checking Ning, I went to my bedroom next and saw Yooji lying on her stomach while looking at some magazine.

 

"Don't you have an assignment to do?" I asked as I leaned on the doorframe.

 

"As if you don't have," she retorted,

 

"Where were you?"

 

"Oh, um, just looking for something in the basement. Okay so, I'll be right back."

 

She closed the magazine and looked up, "Where are you off to again? I'm hungry, when are we going to take our dinner?"

 

Oh shoot! I forgot to ask her about dinner, "Actually I, um...yeah I'll go make some. I'll be right back." Closing the door, I shook my head. I wasn't planning to eat again after that pasta but I was sure if Jimin would know about it, she would be mad. She liked it when we ate our meals together and knowing that I ate with Giselle whom she 'adored' so much, I didn't wanna know how she would react.

 

Jogging downstairs, I went straight to the basement where Giselle already there, tying the blindfold on Jeno. I was glad that she didn't scare him off because that was what she usually do when we hold someone for questioning. She then freed Jeno and hoisted him up, a little bit rough if I may say and pushed him to my direction. Jeno almost tumbled forward which made glare briefly at Giselle who just shrugged. I mouthed 'easy' to her before climbing upstairs to check the area. Fortunately, Jimin was still upstairs so I coached Giselle to come up.

 

As soon as they were out, I proceeded to the kitchen to make some dinner I could think of. After ten minutes, the dish was already served in the table, at the same time Giselle got back. Jimin descended after I called her earlier and immediately sat down without sparing a glance to Gi who just raised her brow.

 

"You'll eat again Min babe?" Pursing my lips to a tight line, I avoided Jimin's burning glare and slowly sat down across her.

 

"You ate?" Jimin queried suspiciously, a tinge of anger in her voice.

 

"A little, I'm still hungry," I lied and glanced at Giselle who shook her head before going upstairs.

 

"Okay," Jimin said after looking at me with narrowed eyes.

 

 

*

 

 

The sound of the door burst open jolted me awake. Rubbing my groggy eyes, I caught a glimpse of Giselle's lean figure standing in the doorway.

 

"What Gi?" I asked weakly

.

"Time for school," She chirped.

 

"How's Ningning?"

 

"She's getting better, she's actually preparing for school right now."

 

"Glad to hear," I answered while yawning

 

"Yeah so get your off the bed, breakfast will soon be ready."

 

"Aye, aye, ma'am!"

 

After Giselle closed the door behind her, I turned to my side and tapped Jimin's arm a few times. She stirred lightly then brought the duvet over her head. Shaking my head, I got off the bed and headed to the bathroom to take a shower.

 

It took me almost half an hour to get my morning routine done and when I was about to go downstairs for breakfast, Jimin groggily got off the bed and lazily headed to the bathroom. I snorted before going downstairs, to the kitchen where Ning and Giselle were already seated. I was glad that they both got along well with each other. I don't know what I would do if they would be in each other's throat, just like Jimin to both of them. I guess Jimin was really a to them.

 

Drumming my fingers on the wheel, I impatiently waited for Jimin to come out of the house. The three of us were already settled inside Ning's car, just waiting for her to finish her make up. I was about to get out of the car and drag her out when finally, after a year of waiting, she turned up and sashayed to the car, getting in the passenger seat.

 

"About time," Giselle mumbled at the back. Jimin probably heard it, thankfully s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter