Fight To The End + Survive

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjeong

 

I slowly lowered the baton I pointed at Helena, and shifted my gaze to Victoria, who was pointing a gun to my girlfriend, causing the pit of rage burning in my belly. Sensing my angry stare, Victoria immediately s her hand around Jimin's neck and pulled her close, aiming the gun to her temple. The sudden move almost caused me to run to them, fortunately, I managed to stop myself before she could hurt Jimin because of me.

 

"You really are something, Minjeong," said Helena, bringing my attention to her. 

 

Smiling, she strode towards me with her hands behind, and stopped in arms-length. Judging by her expression, she was goading me, probably thinking I couldn't do anything because they had Jimin and her parents. 

 

"...You managed to beat my guards, one by one, if you aren't my enemy, you could have been my right-hand."

 

"I doubt that," I retorted, causing her to snort.

 

"Well, now that I mentioned it...I would like to give you a second chance."

 

"What are you trying to say?"

 

"I want you to join me, Minjeong, forget the Yoos. All they ever did was to put your life in danger... surely, you still value your life, right? I could save you, if you will just be part of my team."

 

I watched her a little stunned about what I just heard. It was surprising and amusing at the same time, I didn't know what had gotten into her. She tried to kill me then, and now, she was offering me to take her side, I wondered what changed.

 

I smirked, "Oh Helena, if only I liked you, I would have considered your offer, but then again, I don't, and I find it rather amusing...Did you really think I would side with you?" I leaned in, reducing the gap between our faces.

 

"I'd rather die with them, than be your pawn."

 

She scowled, glaring at me, but I didn't back down, and returned her glare. She couldn't intimidate me, even if she had the upper hand here. She eventually composed herself and smiled.

 

"Well, I was hoping you'd say that, it would make everything a lot easier...I could have used your talents Agent Kim, and I hate for them to go to waste, but you made your decision. I hope you won't regret it."

 

"Not in a million years," I retorted.

 

"Fine, and don't--..." before she could finish her statement, she was suddenly yanked back by none other than Giselle who promptly crossed her arm around her mother's neck, and pointed a gun to her temple. Everything happened so fast that the three other women was surprised at Giselle's sudden move, fortunately for me, I caught a glimpse of what she was doing while Helena was occupied.

 

"Put the gun down Giselle!" Victoria hissed as she shifted her gun between Giselle and Jimin. I could tell she was unsure of what to do as she couldn't just shoot Giselle or Helena might kill her, and Jimin for Helena needed her alive to play her game. We all knew how crazy The Mother could get when it came to her sick games.

 

"Put down yours or I'll blow Helena's head off," Giselle retorted, making me look at her. I couldn't tell if she was serious or not as her expression didn't give it away. I didn't expect she could threaten her mother like that, but then again Helena was crazy for a mother, it made me think she deserved the hatred her daughter had for her.

 

"You won't shoot me, Aeri." Helena mumbled firmly, "...you don't have the guts to shoot your own mother."

 

Giselle snorted, "Last time I checked, you stopped being my mother...Right now, you're nothing but a threat I need to get rid of, so don't push your luck Helena." Giselle retorted menacingly.

 

"Shoot her, Giselle!" Jimin yelled, snapping my attention to her.

 

"Shut up!" Victoria bawled as Jimin tried to squirm free. 

 

Getting distracted, I was caught off guard when Helena swiftly held the gun pointed at her, twisting herself to face Giselle and kicked her on the stomach. Acting out of reflex, I struck the hand holding the gun with my baton, forcing her to let it go as she shrieked in pain, before kicking her on her side.

 

Seeing Giselle had immediately recovered from the kick, she eventually attacked her mother, giving me the time to run towards Jimin who managed to get out of Victoria's hold. I trusted Giselle could handle her mother at the time being as I needed it so I could help Jimin.

 

When Victoria saw me running to them, she was about to point the gun at me, but she was too late when I reached them and quickly hit the gun out of her grasp with my baton. As I tried to smash her head next with my weapon, she managed block it with her arm causing her to hiss in pain, and promptly held the baton, unexpectedly jerking it out of my hand, and threw it to the side.

 

Without thinking twice, I rammed my body to her, and we both fell on the floor, me landing on top of her. Taking the opportunity, I pushed myself up, and swiftly slammed my fist to her nose, instantly knocking her unconscious. I watched her nose bled as I got up, before running to the Yoos who were still tied to their chairs, joining Jimin as she untied her mother.

 

I stopped behind Yunho and started untying him.

 

"Noo!!" Helena shouted across, making me look up and saw her glaring at us.

 

She was about to make her way in our direction when Giselle stopped her, bombarding her mother with attacks so she could keep her occupied.

 

It took us few minutes to set them free, thankfully Giselle had kept Helena occupied the whole time, and I managed to accompany the them out of the hall.

 

"Yooji," I called as I stopped on my tracks, "...get your parents out of here."

 

"What about you?" Jimin asked, confused.

 

"I have to get back there, I can't leave Giselle alone, and I can't let Helena get away again."

 

She shook her head, "No, I won't leave you."

 

I cupped her face, "Get them out of here. I'll be fine, don't worry."

 

"But--" I didn't let her finish her sentence when I pulled her to a brief savoring kiss.

 

"Please, just go. I'll see you later. I promise," I mumbled inches from her lips, and looked straight to her eyes. She reluctantly nodded, then pulled me into one last brief kiss.

 

"I trust you'll keep that promise," she said firmly, and I nodded. 

 

I handed the gun I grabbed from the unconscious guard in the hall, and kissed her forehead before letting her go. As she reluctantly walked to her parents, and stopped beside her mom, Yunho approached me, and unexpectedly engulf me in a brief hug.

 

"Thank you Minjeong, for everything," he said sincerely, and I nodded.

 

"You watch each other's back on the way out Yunho."

 

"Of course. I may be a bit old, but I can still fight...I'll see you later Minjeong."

 

I gave him a small smile, and urged them to go. As they were out of sight, I took a deep breath, and made my way back to the hall where I immediately saw Giselle struggled fending off the punches and kicks Helena and now, Victoria were giving her.

 

Noticing her as she was running out of breath, I dashed across the hall, and leaped in the air as soon as I reached them, sending a kick to Helena's back, causing her to fall forward. Luckily Giselle saw me before and she managed to get out of the way just in time.

 

I immediately adjusted to a fighting stance and watched Helena got back up, groaning, then turned to me with a piercing glare. I didn't budge, and instead looked at her threateningly. Giselle and Victoria, on the other hand, were doing the same as they mirrored Helena and me on the side.

 

"You ruined everything Minjeong!!" Helena suddenly snarled, bringing my attention to her. "And I will make you pay for it!"

 

"I dare you Helena!" I taunted, already tired of all her bulls.

 

Without delay, she launched an attack, screaming her anger out, and I blocked her punch, staggering few steps back at the impact, and ducked as she swung another fist. When she missed, she returned an elbow attack, but I blocked it with my left arm, and punched her left side, twice. Unexpectedly, she held my arm I used to block, and punched me to my left side also, but she wasn't able to hit me twice when I managed to break away, gritting my teeth as I could feel the aching pain she just gave me. I probably broke a rib or two during the fight with the guards earlier, and now I was reminded by the pain, which faded out of my mind earlier when I got distracted from the thought of saving Jimin.

 

"What? Does it hurt?" she asked mockingly.

 

I straightened up, "Nothing I can't handle."

 

"... should have killed you from the start--"

 

"Yeah, you should have..."

 

"...but it's not yet too late... You will die from my hands, Minjeong...and I'll get my revenge on the Yoos."

 

I clicked my tongue, "Let's just get this over with Helena." 

 

Without delay, she once again initiated the attack, and I met her halfway, not minding the pain, as I wanted to end the fight immediately.

 

In just few minutes of exchanging attacks, I was already panting, I could feel the exhaustion. I was right not to underestimate her. She was a person who strove for revenge, and prepared herself for everything, there was no doubt she knew how to fight, and she just proved it to me. I was having a hard time to land punches and kicks because she had managed to block and evade most of them, not to mention, I wasn't at my best state to fight.

 

Consequently, I received more blows than the hits I gave her. I rolled to the side, momentarily saw stars when she managed to hit me with a kick. Groaning, I slowly rolled on my stomach as I took a moment to steady my gaze and catch my breath, but it wasn't for long when I felt hands on my back, and I was being pulled up by my shirt, forcing me to stagger up.

 

"You're weak," Helena mumbled, before punching me on the gut, causing me to double over, and fell down on my knees. Coughing, I lifted my head up despite the pain, to look at Helena who was smirking down at me.

 

"I must say, I like where you are now--" she added.

 

"Oh, please..." I breathed, "I'm tired of listening to your dramatic speeches, Helena. Just end me already."

 

"Are you accepting your defeat already?" she asked in amusement.

 

"You wish..."

 

Before she could open for a remark, the door suddenly burst opened, snapping our attention to its direction. 

 

Unexpectedly, several girls in suits, carrying long swords came piling in, making me frown as I didn't recognize them. It was my first time seeing them, but whoever they were, they really looked unfriendly.

 

"Girls! Finally!" Victoria called dramatically, making me think those women were her lackeys. I looked at her and saw she was standing over Giselle who rolled on her stomach to return my gaze, in defeat. 

 

"What took you all so long? I said to come right away!"

 

"When the hell did you manage to contact them?" Giselle suddenly asked confusedly.

 

"Back when I regained my consciousness, after Minjeong punched me!" she snarled, gazing at me briefly before looking back at Giselle, and smirked.

 

"...You're not the only one with a comm device, agent," she informed triumphantly.

 

Now I regret not killing her earlier.

 

Sensing our impending deaths, rather, my impending death, since I didn't know what Helena would do to Giselle, I fixed my gaze back to Helena and forced a chuckle. If I was going to die tonight, I wouldn't go down without a fight.

 

"More backup? Come on Helena, I thought you could beat me on your own." I mocked.

 

She smirked, "Say whatever you want, Minjeong... Admit it...I win."

 

"Oh, I wouldn't be sure about that...You haven't killed me yet." 

 

With that being said, I jabbed my fist to her gut, taking her by surprise, and brought my knee to her face when she bent forward in pain, hearing a faint crack from the impact. I took the opportunity and rushed to where I saw the baton was, picking it up, and ran to Victoria's lackeys, meeting them halfway.

 

I sidestepped, mere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter