'I Love You' + Date

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Minjeong

 

 

My worry for Giselle seemed to dissipate when I felt Jimin's hand on mine while we were on our way back to the white house. Looking at her, I smiled and squeezed her hand which she returned also with a smile. Having her near me again felt good, it made me realize how I missed her presence so much. She kept me sane at the moment, and the thought of going back to Gi has finally disappeared on my mind.

 

As soon as we reached the house, Jimin went straight upstairs as she was feeling tired, while I stayed with the gang, as we tried to figure what to do next.

 

Up until now, we still hadn't figured out the other two names of the triad and I knew it would take us a while as Giselle was in no condition to help us and Hyunjin was still reviewing the files we got from Micky's laptop, containing mostly about the data of the business he was handling.

 

When it was already late in the afternoon, we decided to call it quits after two hours of working and agreed to continue tomorrow. The gang stayed and chilled for almost thirty minutes before going back to the Agency, leaving me alone in the living room. I wished they were part of Jimin's protection program so we could hang out all the time. I was sure, it would be a little less... lonely.

 

Having enough with the solitude, with a sigh, I went upstairs, straight to my bedroom where I found Jimin sleeping on the bed. I walked to the bed and sat on the empty side, watching her with a smile. My heart warmed as I admired her. For days, I had been feeling miserable, often thinking that what if I wouldn't be able to see her again? It was worse, but now she was here, I couldn't ask for more, even if it was all because of Gi's sick idea.

 

Looking at the digital clock on the bedside table, I slipped under the covers and laid down beside her. I still had less than an hour before I would make us dinner so for now, I just wanted to take some rest and watched Yooji sleeping for it has been a while since I got to do it.

 

With the back of my hand, I gently traced the side of her face, feeling the softness of her skin against mine. Somehow, I couldn't take my eyes off of her, it was like they were glued to it. I put my arm on her waist and slowly leaned in, kissing the tip of her nose which I often did when she slept.

 

Few minutes passed, I felt my eyelids grew heavy while still looking at her. I closed my eyes, welcoming the darkness and within seconds, I drifted off into a dreamless nap.

 

 

***

 

 

I groaned in annoyance when I felt a tickling sensation on the tip of my nose. Fluttering my eyes open, I immediately saw Jimin's smirking face and instantly figured out she was the one tickling me. I let out a huge sigh and brought the cover over my head to get back to sleep. I needed a long sleep right now, I didn't want anyone disturbing me.

 

"Hey, it's dinner time!" Hearing her said that, my eyes snapped open and I promptly shrugged the cover off as I looked at the clock on the table. It was almost eight in the evening and I hadn't yet cooked for dinner.

 

"Why didn't you wake me a little earlier? Are you famished?" I asked as I got off the bed. 

 

The grogginess was starting to ebb as I headed towards the door. I didn't know why I was feeling eager to make Jimin dinner right now.

 

It could be that I was trying to make her feel at home again or could be that I wanted to let her have some decent meal as I noticed she got a little thin. Either way, I was feeling generous right now, even if my sleep has been disrupted.

 

"Not really, I'm a little hungry though," she answered as we descended down the stairs and went straight to the kitchen. I immediately started getting the ingredients for baked pesto chicken while she sat on the island, watching me.

 

"So...how were you holding up while I was away?" she asked casually.

 

I briefly looked over my shoulder before getting back to my work.

 

I shrugged, "I would say barely if it wasn't for Ning. She kept me company the whole time."

 

"Wait, Yizhuo was with you the whole time I was gone?" she asked accusingly.

 

I rolled my eyes and faced her. Looked like it was a mistake mentioning it to her. "Look, she was just helping me out. I was shot remember?"

 

She seemed to realize it as her expression softened. "Right. So where is she now? I haven't seen her since."

 

I turned my back to her to continue preparing. "Her parents called her when they got back the other day. And boy, they sounded angry on the phone at first, apparently, the school called them, telling Ning was neglecting her studies."

 

"Is she gonna be okay?" she asked making me smile even though she couldn't see it as I didn't expect her to ask that.

 

"She will be. As long as Moon's the principal, we have nothing to worry about."

 

"And what about her parents?"

 

I smirked as I placed the chicken on the baking sheet, "It's all sorted out. I called them and lied that Ning was working for me the whole time she was absent and they believed it."

 

"And the Red Circle? What if The Mother would come for her?"

 

There are undercovers watching her and her parents and I trusted them that they would do their job seriously but it didn't help ease the worry I was feeling.

 

I took a deep breath, "I hope she wouldn't do that."

 

We both stayed silent after that, both of us were engulfed in our own thoughts. As long as Helena was around, she would always be a threat to all of us. That was why we had to take her down so everything would be back to normal, for Ning and Jimin.

 

Still in deep thought, I turned to the sink and began washing the dishes while waiting for the chicken to cook. Jimin was still sitting on the island behind me and when I was about to turn around to ask her to help me, I unexpectedly felt her arms s around my waist causing me to jump a little and deliberately stopped what I was doing. She then rested her chin on my shoulder as her body pressed against my back and felt her warmth radiating off of her.

 

"I miss you Mindongie..." she whispered softly.

 

"Yooji," I mumbled before I gently pulled away her arms so I could face her.

 

When I did, her lips suddenly met mine causing me to lean back on the sink. Her kiss was slow and gentle, I could feel the want and the longing on it. It took a while for her before I welcomed her tongue on my mouth making me moan in desire. Her hands then flew from my cheeks to my waist and to the back of my head, her fingers tangling on my hair.

 

As our kiss was getting intense, she suddenly pulled away, gasping for air which gave me the chance to slowly trail kisses down to her neck. She tilted her head, exposing more skin and moaned in pleasure. Our bodies were burning with desire now as we were pressed into each other. Before my lips could travel further down to her chest, she pulled me back to her lips, but it was for a brief moment, when we heard a grumbling sound, causing us to instantly erupt in laughter.

 

"Gosh, that was embarrassing." she said, chuckling as she leaned her forehead against mine.

 

"Still a little hungry?" I asked teasingly.

 

"Now, I'm famished."

 

Pecking at her lips quickly, I took a step back and gestured to the sink, "Just a few minutes and we're good to go. In the meantime, help me with the dishes?"

 

"Okay."

 

After almost thirty minutes, finally our dinner was served. For the first time in days, everything felt so normal, like nothing was going on. We were just having a simple dinner in a peaceful night and I was liking it, thinking at the same time I could get used to this kind of thing.

 

As we finished our meal, I was about to wash dishes again when Jimin dragged me upstairs straight to our bedroom. As we laid down, she cuddled closer, her head rested on my chest and we stayed silent. It was comforting, I could stay like this all the time.

 

As I relished the moment, I closed my eyes while drawing circles on the soft skin of her arm, waiting for the sleep to come. And when I was slowly falling into unconsciousness, I felt her moved beside me but I was too drowsy to even open my eyes.

 

"Minjeong?" she called softly, "Are you asleep?" 

 

I didn't move and pretended to be asleep so she wouldn't start a conversation. She gently poked my nose and I let her be as I knew she would stop eventually, and she did.

 

"Minjeong?" she called again and heard her sigh when I remained unmoved. Whatever she wanted to ask or to talk about, I thought it could wait for tomorrow. I totally ignored her and when I was about to plunge into a deep slumber, my senses instantly shook awake but I couldn't dare to open my eyes as I was too surprised when I heard her whisper those words...

 

"I love you Mindong..."

 

 

***

 

 

I heard Jimin's distant voice, constantly calling my name, shaking me at the same time. I didn't know what she wanted now but I definitely wasn't in the mood to entertain her because I wanted to sleep more. For all I knew, it was still early in the morning and trust me, I didn't want to wake up early when I had only slept for few hours.

 

"Oh Minjeong, for God's sake!" she snapped before I heard her retreating steps. I sighed in relief because now I could continue sleeping without any disturbance. She probably relented in waking me up which I was grateful for.

 

But my relief was shortlived when I heard her footsteps again.

 

"This will definitely wake you up," she mumbled and before I could comprehend what she meant, I suddenly felt cold splash of water on my face.

 

"The hell!" I snapped angrily as I sat up, coughing a little while wiping my face. I looked up to her and saw her smirking face. 

 

"Why the hell did you do that?"

 

"Why do you think I did that?" she retorted.

 

"Obviously I was trying to wake you up... So, how does it feel being woken up like that? If you remembered, you did just like that to me."

 

I frowned, "So it's payback." I said obviously.

 

"Yeah, and also just to wake you up," she answered, smirking causing me to snort bitterly and shook my head.

 

I couldn't believe she just did that to me and for what? It wasn't like we would be going to school like that time I pulled the same stunt.

 

I sighed, "What time is it anyway?"

 

She rolled her eyes, putting her hands on her hips. "Gosh Mindong, it's already eleven in the morning."

 

"Really?" I looked at the time on the bed side table and saw she was right.

 

Wow, I didn't notice the time, I thought it was still early, and yet I was still sleepy. And I thought I remembered I stayed awake until early morning, thinking what Jimin had confessed last night. Even if I was on the verge of unconsciousness, I knew I heard her right. She loves me. I didn't know when she had realized it or how, but if she had told me that face to face, I didn't know how I would react.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter