A Sudden Invitation

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin

 

Monday morning came and I was already changed for school. I came home last night from the hospital after the doctors assured me I was fine, except for few bruises and scrapes and a sprained wrist which totally because it was diminishing my poise. But atleast it wasn't my face took the most damage, just a minor scrape on my forehead, or else I might as well be dead than living a life with a mangled face.

 

Last night my parents called letting me know they would be back on Wednesday. I was a little angry at them for not calling me sooner but they apologized about it so I let it slip. Honestly, I didn't have even the slightest idea where my parents had gone and frankly I didn't care anymore since I was used to it. They were just so secretive and often kept me in the dark about their business. They were rarely at home and it kind of at first but I got past it as time went by.

 

With that being said, still I couldn't bring myself to tell them how I almost got killed by some psycho masked girl because I didn't want them to worry. Although I so wanted to ask them for bodyguards, I decided not to since bodyguards didn't know the definition of personal space.

 

After I was done with my make up, I went out and got in my car and sped off to school. I reached the school in less than 10 minutes and immediately parked the car at the usual spot. One of the perks of being a popular was having a permanent parking spot. No one would really dare take up my parking spot or they would know what was coming for them.

 

I reached the classroom and as a habit, I pushed open the door without bothering to knock. Mrs. P huffed and glared at me as I made my way to my seat. I was surprised she didn't say something or reprimanded me, I guess she was getting tired of doing that. Good for her.

 

I smirked at my boyfriend who was checking me out as always before sitting at my chair. Mrs. P continued her discussion a few minutes after and I forced myself to pay attention to her. After some time, my focused swayed when I realized I hadn't notice her familiar face. I looked at her seat and noticed that it was empty. Although I hated her to the guts, I couldn't help but feel disappointed she wasn't around. My mood instantly dampened and the tiny will to listen Mrs. P's freaking discussion was gone. So I ended up doodling on my notebook the entire session.

 

Lunch came and I was feeling extremely bored that I wanted to cut classes and go home, which was pretty tempting by the way. As usual Jeno was becoming touchy and I knew he wanted to make out with me but I wasn't in the mood so I kinda pushed him away and asked for Elle to sit beside me instead. With a scowling face, Jeno stood up and walked away. I sighed in relief knowing that no one would bother me when I sleep. Elle on the other hand, continued eating like nothing happened which I was grateful.

 

"Wake me up when the bell rings," I said before resting my head on my right arm in the table while my left hand with a sprain was well rested beside my head. What I was doing wasn't lady-like for me but I didn't really care as long as I could sleep. I didn't know why I felt dead since this morning. Maybe because I was looking for some drama or someone to argue and Winter was the only one who could give me that that. She was basically the most interesting thing in this school aside from cheerleading and everything was just plain boring. Did I mention I hated Winter to the guts? Yeah, but although I hated her, I liked having her around. She was like the spice to my boring y school life.

 

"Oh my God what happened to her?" Elle uttered beside me.

 

"What?" I said, looking up at her. Her lips curled up like a pout, pointing to something in front of us. I frowned and looked at to where she was looking and saw Winter and Ning walking towards their usual table. But what caught me off guard was Winter limping in every step, there was a short gash on her right cheekbone and near her temple. Like Elle and I, students were looking at them curiously also as Ning held her arm and ushered her to sit. What happened to her? Did someone beat her up or something? Did she get into an accident?

 

My sleepiness and boredom disappeared as I watched her intently the whole time. She was facing at my direction so it was easier for me to get a look at her face. Her face would scrunch up at some point of her movements which got me thinking, how the hell she still managed to come to school when she was basically in pain. I mean, was school this important to her? Couldn't she just rest for few days? I just hated seeing her like this.

 

My whole lunch period was spent watching them instead of sleeping.

 

I didn't know what got into me but I couldn't keep my eyes off of her. It was like my eyes had life on their own because they would always look at her even if my mind wasn't up for it. Honestly, even if her face was marred with gash wounds, she still looked beautiful. Wait, did I just say that? What is wrong with me?

 

Elle and I parted ways when we were out of the cafeteria, she went to her class but I, on the other hand, followed Winter and Ning. I didn't know what has gotten into me but a sudden urge to follow them was potent in my being.

 

They walked little which was kind of annoying but I understood considering Winter's condition. They made their way to the comfort room and went inside. Now what? I sighed while looking at the closed door.

 

Angry at myself, I pushed open the door and sashayed inside to make use of my wasted time. Ning looked surprised at my sudden intrusion but Winter remained as calm as ever. I noticed Ning's hand was touching Winter's shoulder which was irritating to see but l ignored them and walked near to the mirror.

 

It was like cat got their tongues as they remained silent in my presence. I pretended fixing my hair and makeup for a few minutes. After I was done, I turned towards the two.

 

"What happened to you?" I asked deadpanned. Winter huffed and leaned against the wall while looking at me. "Hey Winter I'm talking to you."

 

Her tongue clicked and shifted her gaze to Ning. "Ningning, thanks for assisting me, I appreciate it but you should go to your class now, you're already late. I can handle myself."

 

"Are you sure?"

 

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah she's fine just go already," I answered. Ning glared at me for a moment before opening the door and went out after leaving a smile to Winter.

 

"What do you want?" Winter asked nonchalantly, crossing her arms to her chest which made her groan in pain.

 

"An answer to my question."

 

"Why do you care?" 

 

"I don't, I'm just curious that's all."

 

"Well I have nothing to say to you, so you better stop asking," she retorted and walked towards the door.

 

My jaw clenched as the anger was threatening to slip under my calm composure. "Why are you being mean to me?"

 

"Uh because you're a ?" She said without looking back at me and opened the door, leaving me half-angry but amused at the same time. I admit, she could be a who could anger me whenever she wanted but it was amusing at the same time because she could challenge me and I liked it.

 

After a minute of calming myself, I went out of the room and caught up beside Winter.

 

"God, not again Yoo. I'm not in the mood."

 

"Neither am I."

 

"Then why are you walking with me?"

 

"Uh because I can keep up with you and we're going to the same class and you seem to forget that we are practically classmates so I don't see any problem with me walking to the class with my classmate. Do you?"

 

Her eyes narrowed for a second, "Whatever!"

 

I smirked as I won the argument. We walked slowly side by side, although the slowness annoyed me earlier but now I wasn't feeling it at all, I felt relaxed and contented instead which was weird for me. I hadn't felt like this in a long time and frankly, I kinda missed it.

 

We finally reached our classroom and I opened the door for her without knocking. It was unusual of me to be doing this thing but it felt right at the moment. Her brows arched in confusion which I smiled in return and gestured for her to come in first which she obliged.

 

Like Mrs. Park earlier, our teacher didn't comment at our tardiness and just watched at us settled ourselves. As I had said, I guess they were getting tired of scolding me now thinking that it was still no use since I wouldn't obey what they wanted me to do and if they would send me to the principal's office, I would always get out unscathed. I didn't know why but I never asked because it was always be in my favor in the end, so it was a win-win for me.

 

The class ended pretty quickly without me realizing as I actually listened to the discussion the whole time.

 

Well, I forced myself to listen was the correct statement since Winter was constantly eyeing me the whole time and I couldn't really loo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter