Just Another Ordinary Day

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong

 

The familiar comfort of the place made me calm as we made our way to the living room. It has been months since I had been here and frankly I kind of missed this. I collapsed to the sofa while looking at Jimin who was curiously scanning around the room. A minute after, Gi returned from the bathroom bringing a first aid kit and towels.

 

"Gosh, what happened to you? You are pretty beat up," Gi asked while started cleaning my wounds. Jimin flopped down to the sofa across me and looked at us.

 

"Got caught up in the moment. What about you?" I hissed when she pressed the swab a little harder on the cut.

 

"Sorry, what about me?"

 

"How is your assi-"

 

"Is there something I could eat? I'm famished!" My head snapped to Jimin's direction so as Gi who eyed her with a raised eyebrow when she butted in. Jimin looked at Gi expectantly as if waiting for her to answer. Giselle didn't speak up, probably scrutinizing the girl sitting across. One of the things Gi hated the most was when people interrupt a conversation she was in. I put a hand on her arm, calming her down.

 

"Food's in the kitchen, afterall, where would you usually find something to eat if not in there," Giselle answered sarcastically earning her a glare from Jimin. She grudgingly stood up and stomped towards the kitchen but not after giving us one last huff. Remind me to teach Jimin how to minimize her y attitude.

 

"I know, she's a handful," I spoke when Gi gave me a questioning look.

 

"Thank God, they didn't assign me to her or else I would flip out." I chuckled while she continued cleaning my wound.

 

After a couple of minutes, Giselle has already finished with my wounds so as Jimin who returned from the kitchen. As soon as they saw each other, tension has started to fill in the room. Too tired to deal with it, I stepped in between them. I turned towards Gi and slightly shook my head, rolling her eyes. I heard Jimin snickered behind me.

 

"I had a long night, so if you don't mind, I would like to rest my eyes for a moment." Gi's face instantly lighted up.

 

"Yeah sure! My bed's still available, just like old times."

 

"What?!" Jimin snapped behind me.

 

"You two slept together?"

 

Rolling my eyes, I stepped aside and faced her, "Yeah we did, so?"

 

"You can sleep on the spare bedroom, it'll be comfy," Giselle chimed in.

 

"No! That won't do. What if someone would sneak in and kill me?"

 

I smiled, "Trust me, this is the safest place you could find. But you're right, I must be vigilant at all times, we'll never know."

 

"What? You can't be serious! She can always holler if someone would attack her," Gi interjected, looking pissed.

 

"How can I holler when I'm already dead, you dumb!"

 

"Okay, enough!" I half-yelled, "Gi, Jimin and I will use the spare bedroom for the time being, it would be safer when I'm near her."

 

She huffed indignantly, "Fine, suit yourselves," with one last glare at Jimin's direction, she stomped outside.

 

We headed upstairs and made our way to our bedroom. I went straight to bed, slowly easing myself at the soft mattress. I didn't bother changing my clothes or taking a shower as I felt too exhausted to move. Jimin, on the other hand, went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. The steady hum of the streaming shower made me more drowsy. Soon after, I found myself falling asleep.

 

I didn't know how long I was sleeping but it didn't take long for me to snap awake when I felt the side of the bed shifted. Jimin's surprised expression was blocking my view and before I could utter a word, she pulled away to her side of the bed.

 

"What were you doing?"

 

"Nothing,"

 

"It's not nothing,"

 

She turned towards me with a stoic expression. "Fine! I was just checking those cuts on your face, happy?"

 

"Whatever!" I turned to my side and pulled the duvet over my shoulders. When I was about to fall asleep again, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I groaned in frustration and rolled over, facing her. Her hand was moving up and down on the center of the bed as if drawing an invisible vertical line between us.

 

"What?" I asked impatiently. If I had known she would be this annoying in bed, I should have slept with Giselle.

 

"This...this is our invisible thin line that would divide us. Which means that that's your side of the bed and this is mine so don't you dare cross the line or else I'll push you off the bed."

 

I shook my head, "You're crazy,"

 

"I know!" she growled before turning her back on me.

 

What just happened?

 

 

 

 

 

 

I pulled the duvet over my head and mentally cursed the person who kept calling and shaking me awake. They should know better than to disturb someone who wanted nothing but sleep.

 

"Min babe for the love of God, get your out of the bed. It's dinner time!" I sighed groggily when I made out Giselle's voice. I lazily hefted myself to a sitting position and looked at my right side of the bed.

 

"Where's Jimin?"

 

"Downstairs. Eating,"

 

"How?"

 

She frowned, "What do you mean how?"

 

"How the hell she's still alive, considering that you looked like you wanted to murder her earlier,"

 

She chuckled and stood up, "Let's just say, I like bantering with her. Now come on sleepyhead, time to eat." I held her outstretched hand and got off the bed. Thankfully I slept for few hours because now I wasn't feeling too tired to move.

 

When we reached downstairs, I immediately spotted Jimin sitting in front of the table already eating. Pulling the chair, I sat beside her while Gi went to get something in the kitchen. Jimin smiled when she looked up at me then went back to eating.

 

"Here Min babe, I made your favorite orange chicken," Gi excitedly hollered, walking from the kitchen and put a plate of orange chicken in front of me. I gasped and immediately sniffed the delicious smell of my favorite food.

 

"Thanks babe, I missed this." I replied and excitedly took a bite on my chicken. I heard Jimin cleared beside me. Looking at her, I noticed she was eyeing the chicken on my hand while biting her lower lip.

 

Damn, that's y!

 

"Uh why are you looking at my chicken?"

 

"I ing love chicken!" she giggled before grabbing one on my plate.

 

"Hey! That's my- ugh whatever!"

 

"Hmmm this is so yummy. I've never tasted like this before,"

 

"Uh thanks?" Giselle reluctantly spoke. I looked at her and smiled. It was rare for Jimin to give some compliments least of all to Giselle. After a moment, Gi smiled in return and dug her food. I guess there was still hope for the both of them to get along one day.

 

Dinner ended peacefully, luckily Giselle was in a good mood probably because of the compliment she earned from Jimin. Ofcourse I always complimented her cooking but it was different coming from Jimin since she was the second person, aside from me, who gave her compliment.

 

After tidying the table, I helped Giselle with the dishes just like old times. And as for Jimin, she was just sitting in the living room, reading something.

 

"So any new mission?" I asked wanting to break the silence.

 

"Nah, I've been holed up in here for almost two months now. I'm glad you called me because honestly I'm bored living alone in here."

 

I chuckled, "That's so like you,"

 

"But seriously...I missed having you here, I missed you," I stopped washing the plate after I heard what she said.

 

I felt her gaze on me but I didn't look back at her. We remained silent and only the pouring water was all we could hear. I didn't know what to say to her, it caught me off guard.

 

She put down the plate and the cloth she was holding and stepped closer to me. Turning off the water, she slowly pulled the plate out of my hand and put it on the sink. Before I could protest, her hands cupped my cheeks, turning my head to her and then her soft lips crashed against mine. I closed my eyes as I was feeling the familiar taste of her mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter