Movie Night

The Cheerleader's Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong

 

I eyed the two girls in front of me as they continued glaring at each other. Since I invited Jimin to that pastry shop, she started hanging out with Ning and I, well more like hanging out with me whenever she could. I had no idea what was going through with that pretty head of hers but as I thought about it, it wasn't that bad having her around because it would be easier for my job even if her y attitude annoyed me. But no one would be more annoyed than Ningning whenever Jimin was around. Apparently, pissing Ning off has become Jimin's routine for the past days.

 

Watching Jimin dragged the chair beside Ning with a smirk written on her face, I let out a heavy sigh and shook my head. Here we go again!

 

"Hi Ningning dear, I miss you!" Jimin greeted mockingly while Ning rolled her eyes at the sudden remark.

 

"Sadly, I don't." Ningning replied dryly. 

 

"Oh! What a shame."

 

"Jimin," I called.

 

Jimin turned to look at me, her face lighted up, "Hello to you too Winter!"

 

"Please don't start, I'm trying to read here."

 

"Fine," she huffed. "I just have something to give you,” she added while fetching something from her jeans' pocket. Ning eyed her curiously so did I. I looked back at Jimin tentatively when her right hand suddenly reached out to my hand that was holding the book and brought it towards her. I was surprised at the sudden action and when I felt her soft palm against mine, a tingling sensation shot through my arm then to my stomach. When I registered what she was doing, I felt something between our palms so I reluctantly pulled my hand. My eyes flickered to Ningning who still looked agape before unclasping my hand.

 

"What's this?"

 

"A movie ticket, duh!"

 

"And why would you give me this?"

 

She rolled her eyes, "I never thought you could be this slow Winter," she mumbled but enough for me to hear it.

 

"Hey I heard that!"

 

"Obviously I'm giving it to you so we can watch movie together."

 

"Excuse me?" Ning interjected. Her eyes narrowed while looking at Jimin. "What about your boyfriend? Why don't you ask him instead," she added.

 

"Yeah, what about Jeno?" I seconded.

 

She leaned back in her seat and crossed her arms, "Well I want to go out to have some fun but not with him and then I thought of you so why not? Besides, I'm tired of having him around all the time. So what do you say Winter? I rarely do this kind of thing to anyone so you should be happy I chose you."

 

"No," I said deadpanned. Ning smirked at my blatant refusal. It wasn't bad to go with Jimin I supposed but I couldn't really say yes in front of Ningning because clearly she didn't like the idea. I just didn't want her to be upset because it would mean that she wouldn't talk to me for days and frankly, I was liking her company.

 

"What? Did I hear it right?"

 

"I said no, so better find someone else to go with you," I said sliding the ticket to her. Of course I wasn't planning on leaving Jimin alone if she decided to go without me.

 

"Why not? Think about it Winter, I'm giving you the chance to hang out with me, the most popular girl in school, for Satan's sake. Anyone would jump to any opportunities to be with me so how could you not? I'll make you popular."

 

"I said NO!" I bursted before I could realize what I just said. I couldn't believe how her conceitedness still pissed me off.

 

"Oh," she muttered suddenly looking downcasted and averted her gaze. I immediately felt a pang of guilt after my little outburst. I knew it came out strong and I totally regretted it.

 

With one last huff, she pushed back her chair and stood up but before she could take a step, I spoke up, "Wait!"

 

She slowly turned around with a raised eyebrow. I looked at Ningning then back to her before letting a big sigh.

 

"Fine, I'll go with you," I said defeatedly.

 

"Really?"

 

I nodded which made Jimin smile, "Great! Pick me up on Sunday," she said before walking back to where she was sitting with Elle. I groaned, closing the book I had been reading when I heard Ning cursed.

 

"What the hell?" she said looking like she was about to burst in anger, "Are you two friends now? Because last time I checked you hate each other. Goodness! I can't believe you agreed to go with her, in front of me."

 

"Look, we're not friends okay and besides I'm not going alone with her."

 

"What do you mean?"

 

I grinned and leaned in, "You're coming with me."

 

 

 

Okay, I admit, I made a crazy decision of inviting Ningning with me. I mean what the hell, what if someone would try to harm Jimin and I couldn't protect her the way I wanted to because I also had to protect Ning. I guess I just had to keep my eyes out and hope everything goes well tonight.

 

So far, the past days had been awfully quiet, no attempts or whatnot maybe because Jimin hasn't been going out lately aside from school as her parents weren't that lenient. When they got back, bodyguards swarmed their house in and out to protect them from the premise of their home but I was still in-charged of protecting Jimin whenever she may go so her dad didn't assign any. I was glad her parents were around, it made my work easier.

 

After I picked up Ningning, I drove immediately to Jimin's. I felt nervous just thinking how Jimin would react if she saw Ning or how would this night go but I had a feeling that tonight wouldn't end quietly.

 

I pulled up my red camaro at the curb in front of her house and honked three times. I waited for a minute before honking again. I texted her on the way and she replied she wasn't done with her make up, up until now I guess.

 

Of course I didn't text her first or she might wonder where I got her number so I waited for her to text me first her address, which I was wondering where the hell did she get my number. I would ask her about it later.

 

I waited patiently, tapping my fingers on the wheel when Ningning spoke up.

 

"Thanks for picking me up by the way. I forgot to say that," she chuckled awkwardly. I turned to her and smiled before nodding. She was wearing a long sleeved white lace chiffon dress that ended in the middle of her thighs with her warm brown hair hanged until just below her chest and of course her round glasses. I must say, she totally looked pretty tonight.

 

"You look pretty Ning," I said before opening the door and got out. Even if it was a little dim, I still noticed her blushing before I got out. Sometimes I forgot how cute she could be.

 

I walked on the pathway towards the gate when I was stopped by two men in suits.

 

"Who are you?" the man with high cheekbones asked.

 

"I'm a friend of Jimin."

 

"Name?" said the other guy.

 

"Tell your boss it's Kim Minjeong," the guy with the high cheekbones spoke to his earpiece and few seconds later he turned towards me.

 

"I'm sorry for the delay Ms. Kim," he said, gesturing for me to enter as the gate slid sideward. The guards eyed me suspiciously as I continued walking down the path until I reached the door. Ringing the bell twice, the door flew open and I was greeted by a maid. She smiled before stepping aside, letting me in.

 

"Ah you must be Minjeong," Mr. Yoo remarked as soon as I entered the living room. Seeing the man personally for the first time sent shivers down to my spine. He was pretty intimidating and if I wasn't used to meeting people like him, my knees would already buckle in his presence. His stare was pretty intense but I stood my ground firmly. He was intimidating, I gave him that but not enough to frighten me.

 

I smiled, "Yes. It's nice to finally meet you Mr. Yoo."

 

"Likewise dear. I must say," he said while pouring wine to his glass, "you really do live up to your reputation considering how you managed to keep my daughter safe while we were away."

 

"I always take my job seriously Mr. Yoo."

 

"Hmmm...that's a relief. Until this mess gets taken care of, I hope you protect my daughter at any costs."

 

"I understand."

 

"Ah speaking of my little angel," I looked to where Mr. Yoo was looking and saw Jimin descended down the stairs. My breath caught up in my throat as I trained my eyes from her fair long legs to her beautiful face.

 

She was wearing an off-shoulder mini black tight dress that showed enough of her cleavage and hugged her curves perfectly. She was the definition of beautiful and y, plus her long black hair looks so smooth and silky, I wonder how good it must feel if I run my fingers through that.

 

I forced myself to look away as I was getting entranced by her.

 

"I see you already met my date tonight dad," I looked up at her questioningly. She just smirked and winked before turning to her dad.

 

"Date?" Mr. Yoo asked.

 

She chuckled, "It's not what you think dad. I'll see you later," she said hastily before kissing her dad to the cheek. "Come on Winter."

 

I smiled at Mr. Yoo before following Jimin out. She stopped walking ahead when we reached the path outside and turned to look at me.

 

"I see you took off your wrist brace." She smiled and nodded, "My wrist is fine now and besides I didn't feel pretty when I was wearing it." I just rolled my eyes and shook my head.

 

"So what can you say about my dad?"

 

"Intimidating,"

 

"Yeah he gets that a lot.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter