The Aftermath

Let’s Meet Halfway

Undeniably it's a wonderful night, the wedding party ended with a firework display that lasted for roughly about 15 minutes. It's pretty cold outside that Do Hyun suggested to go inside the reception hall. They both decided to spend the night in the rooms reserved for them while Mr. Hwang, Bomi and Sun Min have other plans that they left the venue after greeting and congratulating the newlyweds.

Hand in hand they walk down the hall leading to their room. The two were quite surprised and felt awkward when they learned that they have to share a room.

"You may use the bathroom first!"

That statement is relatively foreign to him. His cheeks turn crimson as he realizes some connotations that may be associated with his statement. He never shared a room with a woman, well except that unfortunate night which he can no longer recall.

A smile plays along Minsi's face as she leave him sitting in the couch still dumbfounded.

As the two of them are ready to sleep. Do Hyun takes one pillow and settles down on the couch. Minsi furrow her eyebrows, she can't help but laugh at the awkwardness of their situation. 

"Are you sure you fit in there? I mean the bed is spacious and much more comfortable to sleep on."

And she is just stating the fact, it's a king size bed, which is big enough to accommodate at least 3 people.

"I thought, you might feel uncomfortable to the idea of us sleeping on one bed."

"Ok, if you say so! Just don't complain if you'll have body aches when you wake up tomorrow."

Do Hyun could only laugh at her retort, with that he joins her in the bed setting aside his reluctance. As soon as he lay down Minsi snuggles closer to him.  He lets out a sigh of contentment as he inhales the sweet scent she emits. Her hairs smells like lavender. Minsi gently lift her head to look at his face and gives him a light peck on his lips. 

"Did you just steal a kiss from me?" 

"Yeah, then sue me if you don't like it!" 

"Hmmm! It's not my style. I guess I'll just just need to get even!"

He leans down and captures her lips in a passionate kiss. They continue kissing like their lives depend on it. Who would have thought that by just one event he'll discover a new found hobby, probably his new favorite and it is Kissing her.

***

"Minsi, can you email the draft of Sandbox Corporation's contract to our legal team and tell them that it must be finalized before Friday!" Mr. Hwang's instructions.

"Yes, boss!" Minsi's lively response.

"You looks happy!" 

Sun Min states her observations, the younger has been smiling all day that it's seems no one or nothing can wipe out those smile on her face.

"It's a great day, earlier we closed a deal and we are about to finalize another contract with Sandbox!" 

"You know you can't hide anything from me! What happened that night after the wedding?"

"Yah, Unnie what is that is supposed to happen, we just slept!" She defensively mutters.

Of course Sun Min is just teasing her. Although she doesn't completely know Do Hyun, he appears to be polite, genuine and respectful and what's important he makes Minsi's happy.

"Ok, by the way, did you see Soo Ryeon's posts! It's seems they're having a blast!"

"No I haven't but I'll check it during lunch, you know boss!"

***

"Oh my God! Greece is so breathtaking! I bet Unnie and Jung Haeng Oppa are really enjoying their vacation."

"Look at this!" Sun Min shows Minsi, Soo Ryeon's picture where she's riding a donkey that is being pulled by Jung Haeng.

"Aws, that's cute!"

The two are busy lurking at Soo Ryeon's IG posts when Eunbi comes near their table. 

"Hi Minsi-ssi, Sun Min unnie!"

"Hi!" The two says in duet.

"Just wondering if you are free after work, how about we hang out? There's a newly open bar near my place! You might want to check it."

"Pass, Omma will visits from Daejoon, so I can't!"

"Ows, how about you Minsi?"

"I need to go somewhere after work! I'm sorry!" She denies her politely.

"With Do Hyun-ssi? You can bring him along, it will be more fun if you two can join me and my friends." Eunbi insists.

"Ah, thank you! We'll see, if he's ok with the idea!"

"I see, I'll dm you the name of the bar, just in case you change your plans!" Eunbi says before she leave the table.

Sun Min, notices the bitter smile on her lips.

"Her behavior is kinda alarming. She really have the guts to invite you out, just to see your boyfriend."

"I know Unnie, Do Hyun-ah also told me to stay away from her."

"So, he can sense it that she is interested with him?"

"Yeah, and he finds it creepy. She already knows where he works. She even brought along her friends only to insult Do Hyun's colleagues." She sighs frustratedly.

"Major red flag! Just avoid her and let me know if she bothers you. I can give her more tasks that will make her busy, with that she'll have no time watching and tailing you!"

"Yah Unnie, that is power tripping!" She laughs.

"Of course not, the company is paying her a huge   amount of salary and her performance is below average for the past years. I'm just helping the company to maximize it's manpower resources."

***

"Hey!" He greets her.

"How's your day?" She asks.

"Time runs slow, because you're not beside me! I miss you!" 

"Sweet talk!"

"What? Don't you miss me?"

"I do of course!" She tip-toes to give a quick peck on the lips.

"Wow, is that all? I want more kisses!" He chuckles

"Maybe, later!" She rolls her eyes, she can't believe that he changed overnight from being shy 
about skinship to someone confident and ostentatious.

"I want it now!" He demands.

He pulls her closer to him and slowly close the gaps between them. He dips his head down and kiss her senselessly, not minding that they are still in front of her office and there are passerby's around the area. Little they know, that seemingly romantic scene will make Eunbi's blood boil due to jealousy. She is just nearby observing them.

***

Booze and cigarettes were scattered around the table. Eunbi's head is spinning as she is already intoxicated with the amount of liquor she consumed. She looks wasted, her lipstick and mascara are already smudging her made up face.

"Yah, you're too drunk!" Her friend grabs the shot glass she's holding in attempt of stopping her from drinking furthermore.

"You had enough and I think you should go home!"

"Who are to say that?" She protests

"Is it because of Minsi and her boyfriend? I'm telling you. You should stop your obsession about them. It's to obvious that the boy likes her and not you!"

What her friend said made her furious. She slaps her friend's face out of rage.

"Ouch! Are you crazy?"

"You're the one who's crazy, that Lee Do Hyun. I'll make her mine and that that I'll make suffer for always stealing what is supposed to be mine." She yells.

Her continues shouting and yelling alarm the people who are partying in the bar. She even threw and broke shot glasses that made the security to intervene. The scenes she created left the owner no choice but to kick them out from the bar.

***

Do Hyun and Minsi are lounging in her living room. They were supposed to dine-out but Do Hyun suggested that he will cook dinner instead. So after buying stuffs from the mart, they quickly go home.

"I'm so full, you really want me to gain weight!" She is not complaining in fact it's her way to compliment his cooking's.

"We can jog and exercise before we go to work, it's easy to be fit, if you'll only wake up earlier."

"Are you saying that I'm lazy?"

"What? I said you need to wake up earlier so we can exercise together!" Do Hyun explains, he's not the type who goes to gym. His work-out includes jogging, some sort of HIIT and lifting weights. While Minsi, she does Yoga and a little ballet but lately she feels idle to do so. However, Soo Ryeon openly says that she envies her for she can maintain her slim figure eventhough she frequently skips working out.

"Yah, I need to go now. I still have to call home." He stands up. 

"I thought you'll stay!"

"I'll be back, I just need to make a call and also I need to clean up!"

"You can shower here!"

"I know, but I have to get clean clothes. Don't worry I'll be back in less than an hour!"

He kisses her hands to assures her.

He is true to his words, after he finished his errand they are know laying comfortably on her bed. Ever since they made their relationship official, they became more open to sleep over at each other's place but they are still guarded and don't do things beyond kissing, though it's undeniably hard for them. Do Hyun particularly drew the line, he doesn't want to repeat the mistake he made in the past.  His love and respect for Minsi is more important than his manly urges and what his hormones dictate.

"Your little mole there looks y!" 

Do Hyun raises his eyebrows seeing her flirtatious smirk.

"Oh really, thank you! Why don't we sleep now?" He suggests as try he try to avoid such awkward conversation.

But she didn't answer instead she moves closer and her next move shocks Do Hyun. He felt her lips on the part of his neck where she spotted his mole.

"Minsi-ah, stop!

He groans, his body is starting to react to the small kisses she is bestowing him. Though she seems not contented she moves on his top and straddles around his body. His reflex is to sit on the bed and touch the small of her back. She closes the gap of their bodies by hugging him and a moment later they are now engage in a passionate kiss. Their tongues fight for dominance while their hands also make their own exploration. She felt his hands inside her shirt feeling her skin and that heightens her desire to deepen the kiss. This sensation is new to her and she is open and eager to whatever it will lead them too. He is the only one who makes her feel this way and she is willing to give everything just for him.

Do Hyun is aware where these kisses might lead to. He is close to losing control and gives in to his urges but he knows that he must stop. Even though it's unbearably painful he abruptly breaks the kiss. Both of them are breathing heavily, her lips are visibly swollen from the intensity of their kisses. He gazes at her orbs that is full of longing and questions. He embrace her and gently smooth away the hair that sticking on her face.

"I love you!" She whispers.

"I love you more and you don't need to do this to prove it!" He drops kisses on her forehead. 

"But I'm willing to just for you!" She cries.

He can't believe that those words are coming from her. He just realizes how innocent and pure she is. No matter how hard she tries to prove that she is a strong, she still exudes vulnerability and it only strengthens his aspiration to protect her.

He smiles gently at her. 

"Don't you find me beautiful and attractive, are you going to dump me? Are you thinking now that I'm easy just like what their assumptions about me?" She weeps in a state of panic.

He gently touches her face and wipes the tears on her cheeks before he delicately captures her lips into a sweet kiss.

"You're the most beautiful girl I'd ever meet! What made you think that I will leave you? I will never do that. I love you and I'm willing to wait for you, it doesn't matter how long. I don't want you to feel pressured about so many things about our relationship. You and me, we will do our best to make things work for both of us."

"Gosh, this is so embarrassing!" Minsi buries her head on the crook of his neck completely shy with how she behave.

"It's ok Love, but don't you dare do it again. I don't know if I can control myself if you provoke me once more!"

"I wish appa is still here to meet you!"

"Do you think he will like me?"

She nod and smile at him. "He will!"