Her Life

Let’s Meet Halfway

The weather in Seoul is pretty scorching, it seems the summer already reach it's peak which makes more people stay in the confinement of their home or any place that could protect them from heat of the sun.

"It's so hot today, Do we really need to go out for lunch?" Park Sun Min complained, she is Minsi's Team Leadder and she is right today is warmer than the other days. 

"But Mr. Hwang insisted that we join today's lunchout, unless you can stand his endless chides." Minsi reminding the elder. They are expected to attend luncheon meeting with their new prospective client.

"I know, I know, shall we go now?" Her TL said, linking her arms to her as they proceed to the elevator.

Minsi and Sun Min were already in the lobby, when someone approached them. A middle age lady, who looks elegant the way she carries her luxurious handbag. There are few bodyguards also who can be seen at site. The lady is the epitome of classy and sophisticated woman and she's no other than Choi Hera, Minsi's mother.

"What are you doing here?" Minsi asked the lady with slightly raised voice and furrowed eyebrow.

"Is that a great way to greet your mother, my lovely daughter?" The elder smirked at her remarks.

Sun Min whisper something to her before she excuse herself. She got to luncheon meeting by herself, assuring Minsi that she'll explain to their manager why she can't join them. 

***
She is now sitting in a 5-star restaurant facing the woman she despise the most. 

"Aren't you gonna say something to me, not even a hello?  It's been a while since we last saw each other." Her omma asked. Minsi looked blankly at the elder before she speaks.

"I asked you earlier, what's bring you here?" Her sarcastic reply.

"Minsi-ah, I visit you because you won't. You keeps on ignoring my calls. I'm curious of what going on with you, like if you are ok or if you need something." Her mother explained with a pleading eyes. 

"Really, as if you have no power to hire private investigator to tail me. Tell me, what are you planning to ploy this time?" She scoffed irritatedly.

Her mother sign, completely frustrated at Minsi's demeanor.  

"Look, I know you are mad for some reasons but when are we gonna have a decent conversation. I'm your mother and you still need to respect me." This time it's her mother who raised her voice.

"Coming from you. As you can see, I'm doing well, I'm struggling but I'm thriving! I don't think I need to report everything to you, not for someone who means nothing to me." Her words are harsh but those are coming straight from her heart. She don't care if she hurt the elder's feeling, like she said she means nothing to her. She is just a part of her painful past, the past that she don't want to be reminded of.

The older lady tried to hide her bewilderment, though she knows her daughter's temperament,  she is still hoping that one day she will learn to forgive and accept her. She can't blame her daughter, she wasn't there for her when she needs one. She left her at a very young age just because her family didn't  approved her father, her beloved husband. She abandoned them and didn't fight for them.

"I guess, it wasn't a good idea that I came to see you!" She said sporting a fake smile. "I'll leave you then!" She stood up and leave Minsi who stay rooted on her seat.

***
"Such a disgrace to her family, poor Professor Go he must be disappointed for having a daughter like her!

"She's pretty, young and look decent, why did she even date a married man?"

"!"

"Home-wrecker!"

"Appa, I'm sorry to disappoint you, I know I should have known better. I'm also hurt, he deceived me. I didn't know that he is married! What I'm  going to do? I caused pain to other people! I feel bad! People think that I'm evil and heartless. Appa!." Minsi knelt down and cried.

"Minsi-ah, please calm down. I believe in you. It's not your fault that you were deceived." Her father soothes her.

"I trusted him, I loved him, why did he lied to me?  I even bring him here to meet you. Why I'm taking all the blame and hate, when it's not entirely my fault, it's so unfair." Minsi said still sobbing

"Listen to me, we cannot control what people think about us, nor knowing a person's intention in just a glance. We don't  know what are his reasons why he lied and we can no longer change what happened. Don't get me wrong sweetie, I'm not siding him cause honestly I don't know if I can control myself once I see him. I could kill him for fooling and hurting my one and only daughter." Her father explained. "I understand that you are in pain but trust me everything will be ok." Her father continue, as he soothes her.

"I hate him, I hate him so much. Why can't be all man be like you?" She buries her head on her father's chest, nothing can comfort her except the assurance her father is bestowing her.

"Hate is such a strong word Minsi-yah. I understand you but don't ever let hate change your perspective in life and love. Learn from your mistakes and move on. You can't avoid people's judgement but try to be strong and continue living the life that you want." Her father wiped the tears on her cheeks.

"I don't know, I don't know who to trust. I don't know if I can love anymore." Fresh tears flowed in her eyes, the pain on her chest is unbearable.

"Sweetie, don't be like that, love is not a bad thing. Even if someone hurt and broke your trust it doesn't mean that everyone will hurt you. For sure you will meet that someone who will love and cherish you that way you should be and if one day you come to know that person, don't be afraid to love, because you deserve it. Don't punish yourself because someone did you wrong. You deserve happiness." There is something about her father words that stirred her. He always make her feel secure and protected and she swear that she'll only love a man who is like her father.

***

"No wonder, her daughter is like that, she was raised by a cunning, dirty man. Obviously she got it from him, bad genes!"

"That Professor Go is disgusting."

" predator" "Devil"

"Why is he still alive?"

Rumors were everywhere, Professor Go Man Soo was accused for ually harassing 4 Female students in a prestigious University in Seoul.

"That's not true, what they are saying about you it's all lies!" Minsi cried. 

"Relax Minsi-ah, I did nothing wrong and I'll proved them my innocence. I promise who ever is behind this, I'll make sure that they'll pay." his father assured her.

"I believe in you Appa, I will not leave you no matter what!" Minsi hugged her Appa.

Professor Go Man Soo was walking in the street of Gangnam, when group of men wearing mask blocked his way. Few eyewitnesses saw how the men forced and carried the Professor in a vehicle standing by. After 2 days the news broke that Professor Go's body was found lifeless in an abandoned warehouse. 

"Appa, Appa!"

Minsi was lying in her bed, sweating profusely, she just woke up from a nightmare and can no longer go back to sleep. Meeting her omma was unexpected, and she knows she can't get away with it. Knowing her omma's family they will do everything to get what they want. She knows that sooner or later she needs to face them and she she is determined to claim the justice she and her father deserve. Her father, a Professor, an honorable man was wrongly accused of ual harassment. Good thing, he was able to defend himself from all the accusers who wants to taint his name and harm his daughter. He was right with his speculations that his in-laws were behind in plotting scenarios that will blame him on crimes that he never committed. And he needs to fight back to protect his daughter but something bad happened to him before he could prove anything.

 ***

"Minsi-ssi before you leave don't forget to send me the proposal for NamSeo Corp." Mr. Hwang reminded her.

"Boss, I sent that few minutes ago!" She told him.

"Really, ok. I'll check my inbox." Her boss immediately go back to his desk and check the file on his laptop.

"Can I leave now?" Minsi asked.

"Arasso, I noticed that you'd been itching to leave early. You may leave now!" Mr. Hwang flip his hand signaling her to leave.

"Thank you boss!" She excitedly left the office.

Earlier she received a message from Do Hyun that Hero is now available for pick-up. To be honest she can't tell whether she is being elated because she can finally drive her car or because she will see Do Hyun. She thought of buying something to bring in the shop for him and Soo Chan but she ended up buying pizza and chicken that is good enough to feed a basketball team.

***
"Yah, it's extremely hot today, the weather is perfect for a cold beer! What do you think boss?" One of the Soo Chan's employee suggested.

"I know this new place!" The other one in.

"Arasso, but I don't think Do Hyun-sai can join us.  He still have to assist a client." Soo Chan divulge.

"Ah, his favorite client. I bet's she really pretty judging how smitten our handsome boy is." Another employee said. 

The boys laughters echoed Soo Chan's shop, only to be interrupted by a audible knock. 

"Minsi-ssi! Soo Chan greeted the younger girl. He noticed that her hands are full carrying boxes of food, he immediately send cue to his employees to help her unload the food on the table.

Minsi bow to thanks the employees.  She look around the surrounding to search for him.

"Do Hyun-ssi, he's in the shower, he'll be out soon. Why don't you take a seat first, Minsi-ssi? Soo Chan offered her a seat.

"I see that you bring food." Soo Chan said as he sat across her.

"Yes, Soo Chan oppa! I wasn't able to thank you properly last time so I thought of bringing food for us to share, including them, if it's ok with them." She said, flashing her eye smile to Soo Chan and the boys.

"Really, of course, we loved too!" One of boy said.

The other boy was about to say something, when the door of the locker room open revealing a shirtless Do Hyun. He is drying his hair and still unaware of Minsi's presence.

"Do Hyun-ssi! The boys blurted in unison. That's the only time he realized that Minsi is there. 

Minsi was clearly astonished at what she saw! The first time she meet him, she already noticed that he has well-built body. But seeing him like this, flashing his broad shoulder and well sculpted abs, fresh from shower made her speechless. It took her few seconds to recovered from ogling at his upper body. She covered her eyes using her hands then look away, she knows for sure that her face is red as a tomato. On the other hand, Do Hyun was clearly embarrassed too, he quickly covered himself with a towel and go back to the bathroom. He is scolding himself for going out not wearing a shirt. It actually not an issue with the boys, they are used to seeing each other shirtless but in this case it's awkward specifically there is Minsi, the girl she is crushing on.

"We will buy beers!" The three employees volunteered leaving Soo Chan and Minsi all by themselves. The awkwardness in the atmosphere is still there, until Do Hyun come out from the bathroom. 

"Where are the others? He asked Soo Chan.

"They went out to buy beer, Minsi-ssi bring chicken and pizza and they thought it's nice to combo these with some nice cold beer." Soo Chan reply. He noticed that the two are still awkward that he decided to excuse himself to give them a chance to talk.

"Hello!" Do Hyun started although he can't still look at her.

"Hi!" Minsi's responded. She is the type who don't easily get flustered in this kind of situation and she can't understand herself why she is acting shy all of the sudden. Both of them can feel the undeniable tension in the air and it gotten worse when she saw how Do Hyun simultaneously flip his hair and bite his lips . "The weather is pretty hot today right?" She smile and act cool, despite that she can feel her toes curling inside her shoes. Do Hyun was intending to say something, when the boys entered from the front door carrying boxes of beers.

They all settle and started to dig in the food. Soo Chan introduced his employees to Minsi. The tall blonde boy name Kyungsoo, the curly one was Hye Gun and the boy who seems on the heavier body built is Kwang Kyu. 

"Ms. Minsi, are you ok with beer? Kwang Kyu asked as he offer her a newly opened can of beer, which she gladly accept. 

Everyone are having fun based on Minsi's observation, well except for Do Hyun who was quiet the whole time, he seldom talk and didn't drink any liquor. She is starting to feel frustrated on him, the way he look away when she try to make an eye contact. She also can't understand the warm feeling that seems to rush in evertime she sees him sips on his water, the way he casually bite his lips, how his lips broke into smiles and laughters when he heard something funny.

"Ms. Minsi, you are all red!" Kyung Soo said.

"Can you drop formality, aren't we on the same age?" Minsi asked touching her face and bestowing him her eye smile.

"I think you are already drunk!" Hye Gun said.

"Of course not!" She starting to hiccup but still denying her state. She finished 6 cans of beer despite knowing that she has very low alcohol tolerance.

"I think you already had enough!" This time it's Do Hyun who speaks up.

"No, you don't know anything!" She blurted before everything turns black.