It will be fine

Let’s Meet Halfway

“Lee Do Hyun-ssi, may I have few minutes with you? Just need to discuss something with you regarding your project!” It’s one of his professors.
 

He look at his wristwatch, he was a bit of a hurry. He promised to fetch Minsi at work so they can go to Hye Gun’s crib for his birthday celebration.

“Yes, Professor Kim!” He politely revert to the older man.

“You take a seat first, I try my best not to take much of your time!” He took a seat across the table.

"For the past few months, we have notice that your grades are commendable, despite of your busy schedule, I can tell that your managing your studies and work very well. I spoke to your under professors and we all both agreed and recommending you to be one of our school representative to Seoul Engineering Hackathon!"

Shock was all over Do Hyun's face that he couldn't utter a single word.

"You'll be joining other students like Baek- Seung Yoo and Ko Woo Young. But of course we will give you time to think about it. We know that you are working and it might be a challenging for you to attend coaching and group studies, but we thought of giving a nice deal with you and the other members." The professor continues.

"I honestly don't know what to say, but don't you think I'm too old to join that. Don't get me wrong professor, I'm happy about that it's just that I don't know, maybe there are students who are better than me." His shy response.

"Just as I thought, you would say that. But your experience working with Automotive will be your advantage and please refrain saying that your old to join such competitions. You will inspire lot of younger students not to stop dreaming."

"Thank you for your trust Professor Kim, but I hope you'll give me time to think about it."

"Of course Do Hyun!"

****

"Oh, the lovebirds are here!" Kyungsoo greets as soon as Do Hyun and Minsi arrive in his place.

"We thought you guys wouldn't come!" Hye Gun says.

"We wouldn't miss your birthday celebration of course." Minsi says while Do Hyun hands their presents to the birthday boy.

"Thank you guys!"

Beverages and Drinks are pouring, laughters echo Hye Gun's crib. It's been a while since the guy have fun. All of them had been busy with their work and personal lives, despite that they see each other at work, they never really bond like this.

It's like having more siblings from different parents and that made Minsi feels safe and welcome.

"Love that's enough, you have drank a lot already!" Do Hyun reminds Minsi who has consume a couple of shots. 

"Hahaha, just what I thought. Do Hyun, just relax and have fun!" Kwang Hyu says.

Minsi smiles and put down the shot glass. Although she's comfortable and feels secure around these people, she respect her boyfriend more than everything. She doesn't want to cause trouble or make it hard for Do Hyun taking care of her in drankard state, which she has been into multiple times.

"Yeah, I had enough! Thank you Hye Gun for hosting us and Happy Birthday!" Minsi says as they bid goodbye to group after a couple of hours catching up with their friends.

"The night is still young and we don't have work tomorrow!" Kwang Kyu's retort.

"But your friend here has been busy juggling his time between work and school. He really needs to rest!" Minsi's polite response.

"Ok, ok...understood. Just be careful you two."

"I think guys, you too should rest! What do you think Hyung?" Do Hyun look at Soo Chan.

"Just let them, it's been a while since they had fun. Don't worry about us! We will all stay here until we're completely sober." The older guy assured him.

"Ok, Minsi and I will go then!"

***

"How's your day my Love? Minsi wraps her arms around Do Hyun's waist as she settles on the bed.

"It's a good day, actually our professor talked to me and wants me to joined Math Hackathon to represent our university." He sighs

"Oh really, that's a good news. So did you agree to join?" Minsi asks curiously.

"I told him that I'll think about it. You know it's hard to juggle things between work and school. It will be quite demanding too because I need to attend meetings and trainings with our coaches. I'm afraid, I'll have no time to spend with you and Myungsoo!"

Understanding her boyfriend predicaments, she touches his face in attempt to console and make him feel at ease.

"Yah, what's with that face? You should feel happy and proud not everyone is given that kind of opportunity. You are talented and intelligent and it's the high time to show to the world what you've got."

"But..."

"Sssh... no but, you should not worry about me. As I have told you sleeping and waking up with you beside me is more than enough for me. We don't have to go on dates all the time. I know how much you want to prove yourself and I'm always here to support you. Your number 1 fan." She assures him.

"Aish, what did I do to deserve someone like you? You are so beautiful, kind, sweet and understanding. I love you so much!"

Do Hyun kisses her forehead, snips on her hair and hug her tightly. Her scent has a calming effect on him. She is his peace of mind. When she is around, he knows that he can do everything.

"I love you more, understand! I don't want you to lose your chances because of your fears. I know nothing is certain in this world, but you should remember that my love for will never change, despite of your busy schedules, through ups and downs. I'm always on your side."

Her words are always simple but sincere, she's like an Angel! He wants to protect her. But at that moment he feels that he is the one being protected. He thought his heart will explode because of the love she is bestowing to him.

He wants to reciprocate all of that and he is willing to do everything to make her happy and will bestow her the love she deserves.

***
"Do Hyun hyung's girlfriend is stunning. How lucky he is!"

"I know, I bet she fun to be with too!"

He heard his Junior and team members talking about Minsi and their conversation somehow transpires him to the time he first so saw. He was about their age, a freshy who was thriving in juggling his time between studies and taekwondo. He always remember her as unassuming girl with the prettiest eye-smile, she kept her straight long hair. She wears dainty dresses and her signature white school bag. Though he never had the chance to approach her, he could only watched and admired her from a far. He is lucky indeed knowing that now, she is only his. His dreams girl, the only one he wants to shower with love, the one that he would like protect, the only one he like to hug and kiss and make love with.

"Hey, Hyung! How long you'd been standing there!" One of his teammates asks in surprise.

"Long enough to hear you talking about my girlfriend!"

"Sorry Hyung! It's just that Minsi-Noona is pretty!" The boy apologetic response.

He smiles at the younger boy, just like having a proud boyfriend moment.

"I know!"

"What are you holding?" Another teammate ask him, eyeing the paper on his hands.

"Ah, these!" He didn't finish talking as the boy grabs the paper bag.

They were amuse to see the bento box full of homemade gimbap. They immediately assumed that Minsi prepared it for me.

"Can I have some, Hyung? It looks delicious!" The boy did not have a second thought and immediately shove a biteful size of the Gimbap in his mouth.

"Wait!"

Do Hyun was about to warn the younger boy who is now choking to save his life.

Do Hyun come up to him and carefully pat his back.

"Are you ok?"

"Ahem, ahem...how come it's too salty!" The boy continues to cough as he complains about the taste of the gimbap.

Do Hyun wasn't really surprise. Minsi is a talented girl, she is excellent at her work. She is also passionate with her crafts, she is a good ballerina and can has potential to become a good fashion designer too. Though Minsi received cooking lessons from his mother during their stay in Gwangju, she wasn't able to learn how to cook dishes that are quite complex to prepare. But to be fair with her she prepares the best American breakfast. What he doesn't understand is that no matter how she tries she doesn't get the right proportion of ingredients whenever she cooks. She serves tasteless jajangmyeon or too salty beef stew. But regardless of her not go good cooking he doesn't have the heart not eat those, seeing how excited she is everytime she serves those food, how her eyes twinkles whenever she talks about her meal plan. The time she devouts to learn and time she sacrifices to prepare. Eventhough he sometimes experiences migraines due to saltiness of some dishes he would munch everything on his plate to show how much he appreciates her. One time his workmates even joke not to complain on her choices and taste because it does includes him, as one of her life choices.

"Hyung!" One of s distracted him from his reverie.

"Yah, you shouldn't have eat what is not yours." His defense.

"How could you eat that? It looks good but it taste horri..."

The boy wasn't able to finish what he has to say. Do Hyun won't allow harsh words against his girlfriend."

"Enough, but that's how I like my gimbap, salty!" He smiles at the boy to hide his annoyance.

"You're weird but at least Noona is pretty!" The other boys says.

"Right, pretty girls can't have everything!" One says in agreement.

"I said enough!"

"I guess, Hyung is just in love!"

He thought the boys wouldn't understand until they meet the one who will change their perspective in life. Love sure drives people to become illogical at times but those seems uncanny and differences makes things more exciting and fun. He has never been so happy not until the day Minsi comes into his life.

***

After months of preparation for Engineering Hackathon, it has concluded pretty well. Do Hyun's university won in the National. Minsi, his family and his friends gave him the full support and that inspire him to do his best.

"I'm so proud of you Appa!" Myungsoo kisses him on both cheeks. His family came over from Gwangju to support and cheers for him at the event.

Soochan, have instructed to close the shop of a day so they can all attend the hackathons. Every important people in Do Hyun's life find time to show their support and say their congratulations.

"Congratulations, Do Hyun-ah! All your hard works paid off!" Kyung Soo, Hye Gun and Kwang Kyu says in unison.

The group celebrates Do Hyun's victory in one of the hotel which was arranged by Minsi and Jin-ah. Everyone had fun and expressed how proud they are to Do Hyun.

The same night his family decided to go back to Gwangju due to Myungsoo, Jungtae and Jin-Ah's schooling. They have also decided to throw anothe victory party for him once they visited home.

***

"Thank you my Love!" Do Hyun back hugged Minsi who is busy fixing the bed.

Minsi smiles and turns around to face him. She hugs him back and encircles her arms around his nape.

"I'm so proud of you Love!" She tiptoes to give him a peck on his lips.

He likes it but he wants more than that.

"Can I claim by prize properly?" There is a hint of a tease on his voice.

"You have redeemed it already." She says nonchalantly.

"I mean my rewards from you! Don't act innocent miss, you know what I'm talking about."

Minsi laughters echo the room. She wants to as well.

"I don't know, but I'm just too tired now. All I want is to have a peaceful sleep." She fakes her yawns to annoy him.

"Ok!"

He can no longer hide his disappointment. His little frown didn't go unnoticed to Minsi, of course she only meant to but just like him. She misses him too, although they are always together, they weren't intimate for a long time.

"I miss you!" She says to him with her pleading eyes.

It's not hard to see the tears that are forming in her eyes and it scares him. He made a promise that he will no longer make her cry.

"I'm sorry Love!" He was too dump founded to speak.

"No, it's not your fault that I'm such a cry baby and sentimental. I should be the one say sorry for saying that I'm fine even you don't have much time together. I know it's selfish but I hope it isn't to much to have your attention now, please."

"Oh God, you know much I love you and how much I miss you! Let me make it up to you! Starting tonight I'm all yours!" He chuckles at her wits.

"How do you want to celebrate our victory?" He added.

"I don't know, how about movie marathon tonight?" She winks.

"I have other things on my mind though. You know!"

"I have no idea!"

"Hahaha..."

"What!" She giggles.

Her giggles died as soon he claims her lips in another soultry kiss.