A Pleasant and not so pleasant Surprise

Let’s Meet Halfway

"Chestnut roasting in an open fire!"

The music started playing, after Hera set-up the turntable. She decided to settle in the study room to chill with her expensive bottle of wine. They just finished a grand Christmas feast with her father and brother. She seems to have perfect life, but something is missing in her life, her family. For 2 decades she haven't spend Christmas Eve and all special ocassions with her daughter.

"Omma, Merry Christmas! Here it's for you and Appa!" Young Minsi said excitedly while giving her handmaid personal greeting card.

"Oh my God! Sweetie did make it?"

Hera giddily accepted the card. It is made from a cardboard, folded into half. The front shows a drawing of a Christmas Tree with noticeable green colors that overlaps the pencil-drawn outline. Inside she can see the cute handwriting of her daughter saying.

"Merry Cristhmas Omma and Appa!"

"Saranghae!"

"Always,

Minsi"

PS. I hope yu like it."
 

Hera can't help but feel proud of her 5-year old daughter. Of course it is not perfectly made from the drawing and noticeable misspelled words. But it's the best Christmas gift she received in her whole existence.

Hera hastily wipes her tears, despite that she looks strong outside. She can't deny the yearning of her heart. She knows she lost her chance to fix things with her dear husband but she not losing hope that the time will come that her daughter will forgive and accept her.

***
"Sssh, Myungsoo-ah is sleeping!" Minsi warns Do Hyun in a low voice while smoothing the younger boy's hair who is fast asleep on the couch resting his head on her lap.

Do Hyun lets out a soft chuckles at his son's loud snores. His been hyper and playing the whole day and it's kind of expected that he'll be dead-tired after all his activities.

"Let me carry him to the bed!" Do Hyun gently lifts Myungsoo  while Minsi assists him.

"Careful!"

"Aigoo! My baby boy is getting heavy!"

"Is he not sleeping in your room?" Minsi asks.

"Yeah, you know his habit, he will wake up in the middle of the night to look for Jungtae. It's ok!" Do Hyun heads up to his younger brother room whom he thought is also fast asleep.

Meanwhile, Minsi goes to the kitchen to help Do Hyun's Omma In cleaning.

"Oh, you're still awake, you should be resting it's been a long day."

"Eomonni, let me help you instead!"

"If that's what you want, then be it."

"Myungsoo-ah is asleep! Do Hyun is tucking him in." Minsi says as she starts mopping the kitchen floor.

Do Hyun's mother notices Minsi's tired and sad looking eyes.

"Is everything ok, Minsi-ah!"

"Of course Eomonni, it's just that I have a bit of runny nose because it's cold outside." She explains.

Although, she is happy at the moment she can't deny that she is missing her father and grandparents.  It's time of the year that they gathered in her grandparents house in Daejon to celebrate holidays.  And it's been years that she is treating Christmas and New Year as ordinary days. After her father's death she choose to be alone on these days, despite that Soo Ryeon's family invites her, she declined them. After so many years it's just now that she feels happy and excited to be with someone's company to spend the holidays.

"I know you are missing them and our family can never replace them, but like I said you are already part of our family now and we are here for you."

This time, she no longer refrain from letting her tears escape her eyes that's she been holding for quite sometimes.

"I'm sorry, it's wrong to feel this way. I'm happy that you are treating me as your family but I can't help but miss Appa, Harabeoji and Halmoni."

"It's ok sweetie!" Do Hyun's mother removes her gloves and gently pats Minsi before she pulls her into a hug.

How she misses the warmth of motherly hug. It's true that she cut ties with her biological mother but she knows that nothing can change the fact, her connection with Choi's will always be there no matter how she hides and deny it.

"You can always rely on us! It's ok to feel sad, but please don't dwell on something that will ruin your happiness."

"I know, after all these years, it's just now that I feel to have a family and I'm so grateful that you let me experience it once again."

"Omma!" Jin-ah suddenly appears in the kitchen.

"Eunnie, what's going on here?"

Sensing that Jin-ah gets the wrong impression, Minsi immediately speaks up.

"Nothing, it's just Eomonni is consoling me! I mean it!"

"How can you be suspicious, do you seriously think that I l'm the reason why she cries?"

"Because you act mean sometimes!" Jin-ah nonchalantly say's which earns a slap from her omma.

"Ouch!"

"Look how disrespectful are you!" Her omma, protests.

"But what really happened? Did Oppa did something on you? Tell me, are you pregnant Eunnie? Does it mean I'm going to have a niece?"

"Yah!"

"Watch your word Jin-ah!" Her mother warns.

"Of course not, what made you think that? Do Hyun and I never did the thing. He doesn't like it, and he seems not ready for it, I mean we are just yet!" Minsi was clearly stunned with Jin-ah's sudden inquiry.

She stutters as she defensively explains things. She was embarrassed, though she sounds like talking to Soo Ryeon or Sun Min, she totally forgot that the mother of her boyfriend is just right there besides her.

"You are blushing Eunnie!"

"Stop that Jin-ah! Why would ask such questions?" Her mother reprimands seeing how embarrassed Minsi is.

"I'm sorry Eunnie, I'm just kidding. I know you and Oppa are are not in a hurry to settle down. But I'll be the happiest sister-in-law if you'll give birth to a baby girl. As you can see, I grew up being the only girl in the family and how I deal with these boys is not easy."

"Jin-ah, don't you think you sounds demanding!" The manly and low voice of Do Hyun resonates in the kitchen leaving the three women flabbergasted.

"Do Hyun-ah, how long you'd been standing there? Minsi asks.

"Hmmm...maybe a couple of minutes, just enough to hear her rants!" Do Hyun throws a daggering look to his younger sibling.

"It's not my fault that you are too nosy! You can't keep yourself from following Eunnie."

"Aist, what?"

"Hey, stop that! Do Hyun, why don't you throw the garbage outside. We're almost done with the cleaning, we can all sleep after that." Their mother instructs.

"Arasso!" He picks up the garbage and subtlety push Jin-ah! "Now, we're even!"

"Yah, look Omma!" Jin-ah complaints

"Did you see that Eunnie, you can still change your mind."

"Hahaha, I don't know!" Minsi laughs cheerily.

"Why would I even try convincing you. I guess love is truly blind."

"Wait until you find your match Jin-ah!" Her mother told her.

One thing that Minsi learned from her relationship with Do Hyun, is that it easy to fall in love but staying in love is not easy. The challenges are expected to be there, discovering and accepting each other flaws and weaknesses. But those things made them realize that their love is worth fighting for and they will everything to make it work. After all, Minsi believes that he is the one her father is referring too. He is the one who is meant for her to love and the only man she is willing to give her everything.

***
"Appa, don't go just yet, you and Aunt Minsi" Myungsoo is clinging to Do Hyun like a koala.

"Myungsoo-ah, Appa and Aunt Minsi, needs to work and our vacation is now over."

Do Hyun is the type who would not baby-talk his kid. He is always straightforward and everytime he explains things to Myungsoo, he doesn't sugarcoat anything. He make sure that his son will understand their situation. Although that there are time that he feels guilty for not spending time with him very often but he ensures him that he is inspiration to do better and he would do everything to give him the best life he could offer.

"Aunt Minsi!" The young boy is now sporting his puppy eye, clearly doing his best to get her sympathy. Despite that she is sad that they have to go back to Seoul without him. She has to respect Do Hyun's decisions and way of raising Myungsoo. She is truly aware of his Dreams and Plans for their small family.

"Myungsoo-ah, listen to your Appa! We really want to stay but we need to be back in Seoul. But we will make sure to visit and spend more time with you here!" Minsi heart's is breaking seeing how clingy the young boy is.

She gently wipes the little boy's tears ang giveshim a hug.

"We will bring you to Seoul on your Spring break. Don't cry anymore! Didn't you tell me that you are no longer a baby, look at you now!" She cheers up.

With that Myungsoo hastily wipes his own tears.

"Really! Appa I can go to Seoul with you and Aunt Minsi?"

"Sure, as long as who'll behave and you'll promise that you won't give Halmoni and Harabeoji a hard time!" Do Hyun added.

"Arasso, Appa!"

"Minsi-ah, Do Hyun-ah, you should get going, the train will leave soon!" Mr. Lee says.

"You you two go now!" Do Hyun's Omma seconded, squeezing Minsi's hands.

"Thank you so much, for allowing me to stay here! I have such a lovely time with you!" Minsi says to the elder.

"Omma, Appa!"

"Don't worry, Oppa and Eunnie, we will take care of Myungsoo! Have safe travels, ok!" Jin-ah assures them.

"Bye Appa and Aunt Minsi! I will miss you!"

***

Dohyun and Minsi are now sitting side by side inside the train in their hands intertwined. An estimate of two and a half hours before they reach Seoul. The two vacation in Gwangju was really delightful experience for the two of them. They rekindled their love and got to relax a bit being away from the city life and pressures caused by their respective jobs. If only they could stay longer but it's not possible for now due to their obligations. Minsi smiles  as she recalls another milestone of her relationship with Do Hyun.

"I hope I'm the one who is on your mind now!"

Do Hyun's manly voice interrupts her musing. She's sitting by the fireplace of the villa's room they rented for a day. The two of them went on a date and it is supposedly a day tour in a ski resort. But after lunch the news breakouts that there will be snow storm and all transport services will be canceled around Gwangju. They can't even continue skiing as it is very dangerous to stay outside. Good thing is that they were able to secure a room for them to stay. It's already 9pm, the resort postponed all the events and most of the guests are already confined in their respective rooms.

"I hope everything is ok at home!" Minsi says worriedly.

"Of course it will, they will be ok!" Do Hyun delicately wrapped his arms to Minsi's while he rest his chin on crook of her neck.

"You smells nice and I miss you!"

He sighs in content, he realizes that it's the only time that they can spend time just the two of them. Ever since she sets footsteps in their house, his family members were too clingy on her. Starting with Jin-ah, his son Myungsoo is too fond of her and their mother who will always asks her help in the kitchen and would bring her  along meeting her friends. It may seems over the top but she already introduced Minsi as daughter-in-law of the Lee's Family. Their mother bragged to her friends that Do Hyun is lucky to have met a very wonderful woman in Minsi's persona.

"Why is that, we see each other everyday?"

He chuckles. "I know but I can't be this close to you!" He whine before he turns her body to face him and lightly peck her on the lips.

She giddily laughs at his actions.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Nothing, it's just that you are like a cute little boy."

"Little boy! Yah! What are you talking about? Do I look like a boy to you?"

His statement made her laugh more. Although her laughter is like music to his ears, he is a bit upset that she sees him as a little boy. For God sake, he already have a son and how many times he has proven how manly he is, not just with his physique but more on his perspectives in life. He has matured over the past years and he now starting to accept that all that happened to him in the past is just a preparation of something great in the future.

"Aniyo! You're so handsome my love but when you pout like that you look like that someone stolen your candy or a toy!"

"Hmmm...you sure you are not mocking me, right!" He challenged.

"Why would I, isn't that too childish?" Her retort. "Oh no my little boy is now annoyed! Shhh...I'm so..."

Her teasing was cut, when he suddenly claimed her lips. She was stunned with his deed, he isn't usually like this. Their kisses normally starts unhurried, but with this she felt the urgency on it. It's not that she doesn't like, she actually love it that she didn't hesitate to reciprocate the kiss. Minute after their tongues start to duel and she allowed him to explore . How long she had been kissed like this, it so sensual that her knees are getting weaker each second that passes by. She tightens her hold unto him, clinging her arms around his neck for support. He has so much power on her and he really knows how to turn the tides on his favor. They continue kissing until they felt the need for air, they knock each other's breath.

Still panting heavily, Do Hyun was first to speak.

"Does a little boy knows how to kiss like that?"

Showing her signature smirk.

"Cat bite your tongue my love!" He continues as he stares at Minsi's blushing and remains speechless.

He was about to speak again, when Minsi pulls him and start kissing him again. He recovers quickly from his shocks and kisses her back. He gently lifts her and allows her to wrapped her legs around his waist. They continue their ministrations as he delicately lays her down on the bed. Their kisses are more gentler at the moment. He continues to nibble on her lips, stop for a while so just to allow them to catch their breaths.

"I love you so much!" He whispers.

"I love you too my Do Hyun-ah!" Her replies.

His heart is going to explode with happiness. That night nothing matter to him but this woman underneath him.

Almost desperately, he started to undress her and she did the same. Both of them know that they can no longer wait, their emotions are flooding all over and they both knew that they can no longer hold back.

Once free from their clothings, Do Hyun started exploring her ness. She's exquisite, her face and body it's something he will worship for the rest of their lives. And for her, it's the same, even with his boyish looks, he is like a God of Love who she believes will bring the Heaven to her. She knows, she will never regret choosing to be with him and giving him all of her.

Despite of the snow storm outside, the temperature of the room is in unexplainable height. Their deed is beyond wonderful and they can't choose the right adjectives to describe the blissful moment they are sharing. It's true that her laughters is music to his ear, but the way she alternately whispers his name like a prayer and moans in pleasure, it's enough for him to reach his peak.

For Minsi, it's her first time to make love and she's glad that she got to share it with her one true love. The night deepens and still they can't get enough of the sensation  they are feeling as their bodies become one. So they continue with their sweet trysts, pouring all the love they have for each other.

"Love do you want to sleep, it's a long ride!" Do Hyun offers his shoulder to her!"

"Thank you Love!" She immediately leans on him and closes her eyes.

***

Seoul...

"It barely snows here!" Minsi says amusingly.

"Yeah, we're back to reality, in two days we need to go back to work." Do Hyun says.

"Are you going to stay in my place?" She nonchalantly asks.

"Of course, why would I miss a chance to spend a night with the love of my life and if heaven will grant my prayers I would love to make love to you again."

"Yah!" Minsi slaps his arms.

"What, you don't what to do it?" He asks jokingly.

"Hmmm...you're too loud, someone might hear you!" She protests.

"And so, I want to shout to the world how much I love you and I'm the luckiest that I have you in my life." He pulls her closer to him, hugs and kisses her forehead.

"Let's get in!" She suggests.

The two were leading to her front gate, when they heard a female voice calling Minsi.

"Minsi-ah!"

"What are you doing here?"