Reunion

Let’s Meet Halfway

Minsi hurriedly went to the Autoshop to meet Soochan.

"Soochan Oppa!"

"Minsi-yah, what brings you here?  About Hero, we are still fixing him." 
 

The older boy is extremely shock too, seeing her. He clearly told her that he will advise her once her car is fixed. He is also kind of worried because, looking at her condition, she seems out of breathe. "He thought, she just run to get here in the shop?"

"Do Hyun, I need to see him!"

Kyungsoo, Hye Gun and Kwang Kyu curiously went out from their workplace upon hearing Minsi's voice.

"Didn't I tell you that he is in Gwangju, right now?" Soochan inquires.

"Yeah, but please tell me how will I meet him there!"

Soochan and the boys, smile at her statement, they knew it, these two are completely whipped at each other  and no one, no situation could ever separate them. At first glance they knew that they are soulmates and they are happy that Minsi finally realizes that, the fact that she is here looking for Do Hyun and willing to let go of her pride just to prove her love for him.

"Minsi, can you relax a bit. It's snowing heavily the whole day, it's not safe for you to drive or travel now. If you want, I can go with you to Gwangju tomorrow." Soochan suggested.

"Oppa, you don't understand, I need to see him now, I miss him so much and I don't want to loose him. I already booked a cab that will take me there, just tell me how can I locate him." 

***
Minsi made a decision, she will meet Do Hyun in Gwangju, she doesn't care anymore if she appears desperate, all that she wanted is to be with him, she is willing to forget everything and continue with what they started. She loves him and she knows in her heart that she will never stop loving him.

***
"She could have just call him!"  Hye Gun said after Minsi left the shop.

"Bro, you didn't get the point, she wants to surprise him!" Kyungsoo retorted.

"He is right, maybe she realized that she has to do something also to save their relationship. Do Hyun did his part, she was just stubborn and didn't listen to his explanations at first." Kwang Kyu added.

"Whatever it is, let's just be happy for both of them!"

"Well, I can say that Do Hyun-ah, is one hell of a lucky guy."

***

"Ma'am, we are here! The flower shop that you are taking about is just across this street. But I'm not allowed to make a U-turn!" The cab driver said.

After, approximately 4 hour-drive, Minsi finally arrived at Gwangju. Any moment now, she will see again the love of her love.

"It's ok, I can get off here!"

"Thank you ma'am, I'll help you with your luggage'"

"Thank you!"

Minsi's chest is pounding due to nervousness and excitement she is feeling that moment. Three weeks, she can't believe that she restrained herself to be with the person she loves the most.

She reluctantly open the door of the shop. She opted to go there first, since Kyungsoo mentioned to him that he is the one who is manning their family business for the time he is at Gwangju. 

She arrived at the shop, just in time, she noticed that he seems packing up and ready leave. 

"Good Evening, but I'm sorry we are already close for now!"

Minsi's eyes starts to water as soon as she heard his deep voice, she just realized how much she misses hearing those.

"Minsi-Yah!" Do Hyun utters, he's completely surprised to see her.

"Do Hyun-ah!" 

She runs to him and the next thing they knew is that they are wrapped in each other's arms.

For Minsi it feels home and safe to be in his arms again. 

"I'm sorry Do Hyun-ah, I'm selfish that I forgot that you are hurting too! I'm taking my words back, I don't want to end our relationship. Please take me back!" Her opening spiel as soon as he catch her in a sweet embrace.

Do Hyun, gently brushes off the hair that falls on her cheeks and using his thumbs he gently wipes her tears. He gives her assuring smile and kisses her forehead.

"Hey, it's ok. There's nothing you should apologize, I'm the one who made a mistake and like I said I won't give up on us!" 

"I love you and I miss you every day! I don't want us to be separated again." She buries her head on his chest as he pulls her closer to him.

"I love you more!"

He can't believe that he is holding her in his arms again. Just like her, he misses her everyday and he wants nothing else but to be with her too.

He assisted  her to sit on the couch while she tries to calm down. She is such a cry baby and Do Hyun thinks that it is part of her charm. He kneels down and intertwines their hands.

"Aren't you feeling cold?" He asks as she notices that her nose is slightly red.

"Just a bit!"

"Snow fall is non-stop today, though I'm glad you arrived safe since they'll probably announce that they will cancel some of the transportation means. You should have told me that you're coming!"

"Then, it wouldn't be surprise anymore!" She displays her cutest pout. 

They both laugh at her silliness.

"I love you and you should know that I miss you everyday. I miss looking at your beautiful face, I miss holding your hands, I miss your sweet scent, I miss your little nagging, I miss every little that you do for me." He confesses and Minsi didn't fail to notice that her boyfriend is now tearing up.

"You always says that I'm a cry-baby, but look who's crying right now!" She teases him, this time she is the one who wipes his tears.

"You never know how worried I was when you didn't want to talk to me." His retort while he kisses her hands.

"I'm sorry, I was just upset because we promise to be truthful to each other. Do you seriously think that I will not understand your situation?"

"I know that's why I regret my decisions and I hope you'll forgive me!"

"You're lucky because I love you so much and I'm willing to take my chances with you! But I hope you'll keep your promise that you will no longer keep a secret from me. I want you to realize that, I'm part of your life and whatever is it that is happening to you is my concern too."

"Understood! Thank you my Love! I will try my best not do things that will upset you. I will keep that in mind that we are stuck to each other, forever and ever!"

They both smile at their silliness, no words can describe how much they love each other. They both sigh in content just staring at each other while being wrapped in each other's arms. 

For Minsi, she's never been this comfortable with any other men, except her father. While for Do Hyun's case, he knew by heart that she is the only woman that he will love and would like to spend the rest of his life with.

There was comfortable silent between them when Do Hyun's phone rings.

He forgot the reason why he closed the shop early is because he made a promise to his son that they will spend time together.

"Aist, I forgot! I'm sorry Minsi-ah, it's Myungsoo!"

"It's ok, speak to him!"

Do Hyun excuse himself to speak to Myungsoo.

"Where are you now Appa?"

"I'm here at the store, but I'm already going home! I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you Myungsoo-Ah!"

"It's ok Appa! Just come home safely!"

"Of course my boy! See you later, arasso!"

After few minutes he hang-up the phone, while Minsi patiently waits for him.

"You need to go home now?" She inquires.

"Yeah!"

"I think, I should leave too! I'll just book a cab that would take me to the hotel. Can we meet tomorrow?" 

Do Hyun furrows his eyebrows and gently grab her hands. 

"Since you are already here, why don't you come home with me and meet my family first!" He suggests.

"I don't know, I'm nervous! What if they don't like me? Don't you think it's too early to meet them?"

He laughs at her retort. He can't believe she blurted those words for someone who is confident talking to a lot of people and business partners it seems unlikely of her.

"Why are you laughing? Are you making fun of me?" She asks shyly.

"Of course not! It is just you're too cute! What made you think that they won't like you! Jin-ah likes you and for your information my family isn't that hard to please. Just like how they accepted me after I have Myungsoo! You are a beautiful person inside and out and I don't see any reason that they will not like you!"  He assures her. 

"If you say so, then I trust you!"

"Come here!" 

He hug her once more before he lead themselves out of the store. She isn't very comfortable with the idea of meeting his son and his family but she realizes that she has to do it. She had decided she must prove and show them that she is worthy of Do Hyun's love.

***
"Are you ok?"

They are about to enter their house. It's a typical Korean house with a mini garden that is now covered with snow.

He squeezes her hands, telling her to relax. A subtle smile displays on her lips, as she tries her best on keep calm.

When the door opens, a shrill voice greets them.

"Appa, you're finally here!" Myungsoo excitedly runs to his father but he stops momentarily when he notices the woman besides him.

When the young boy was about to speak, it was also the time when Jin-ah gets out from her room. 

"Minsi- Eunnie!" She is surprised to see Minsi standing behind his brother inside their living rooom.

Her voice is loud enough to be heard by their parents who also appears suddenly from the kitchen.

Myungsoo is totally clueless of who Minsi is and though he is curious it didn't stop him to show good manners to their house guest.

"Anyeonghayeso! I'm Lee Myungsoo!" He politely bow his head as he greets Minsi.

Minsi though taken aback can't help but be amazed at how well manner Myungsoo is. He is a splitting image of his father. She smiles gently and reaches out her to hand to the young boy.

"Hello Myungsoo-ssi! I'm Go Minsi, I'm your Appa's friend."

The younger boy gets shy at once, he look at his Appa first seems asking assurance if he is behaving well. Do Hyun nods and smile proudly at him. With that Myungsoo takes her hand for a handshake.

"It nice meeting you, your Appa is right you're such an adorable boy!"

It is such a lovely first encounter and that makes Do Hyun happy. He knew it that Minsi and Myungsoo will get along well. Minsi is charming, she has that ability to make everyone comfortable around her and he is right his son is probably smitten, well who wouldn't she is a not only pretty with her lovely smile, she is genuinely nice person too and he witnesses it so many times.

After few moments, Jin-ah excitedly approaches Minsi. She is happy to see her, her impressions with her are right. Minsi loves her brother unconditionally regardless of his background and status. She did the right thing of standing up with her.

"I miss you Eunnie!" She hugs Minsi.

"It's nice to see you again Jin-ah!"

"How about you continue your chitchat while we are having our dinner." This time it's their Appa who interrupts them.

The two girls broke the hug. Minsi politely bows her head to give respect the elders. 

"Omma, Appa, I would like you to meet Minsi!"

"It's pleasure to meet you Ma'am and Sir!"

"We finally meet you Minsi-ah! Come join us to dinner!"

They share a simple Korean dinner that their Omma had prepare. The spread on the dinner table reflect the simplicity and humility inside Lee's household. 

"Eunnie, I told you Omma's cookings is the best!" Jin-ah proudly says.

"You are right, it's been a while since I had home cook meals." 

"It's healthier to prepare your own meal. Specially if you are tired from working. When Do Hyun still stay with us, I make sure that he is eating food that are healthy and nourishing." Their omma's says without looking at her.

"Omma, she lives alone, but she's learning how to cook. In fact I love it when she prepares my breakfast, they are all healthy." Do Hyun says.

"By the way, how long you are planning to stay? Their Appa inquires.

"We have 2 weeks holiday and I already booked a hotel for a week." Her polite response.

"I thought it would be safer for you if you stay here with us." 

"Yeobo?" 

"What, she's Do Hyun's guest, I guess she can share room with Jin-ah?"

"That's great idea Appa, so we can catch up, right Eunnie?"

"I know, but Minsi-ssi, will you be comfortable with us. I mean our house isn't really big?" Their Omma asks, seems displease with the idea.

"Thank you, but it's ok! I can stay in the hotel!"

Minsi is not dense not to feel that their Omma is not fine with the idea of her staying with them. It's woman's intuition the mother of the house is not really please to meet her. She can feel the coldness in her voice and the way she look at her. She understands though, she is just protective of her son and grandchild, they both suffered and she just want to ensure that they will not get hurt anymore.

"That's non-sense! You better cancel your booking at the hotel. You are welcome to stay here with us." The father of the house has the final say. 

Do Hyun reaches his hands out to Minsi under the table and gives her an assuring smile. 

"Thank you for inviting me! I love to spend time with all of you!" She says though still contemplating if it is a good idea.