She’s Good Enough

Let’s Meet Halfway

Minsi never thought that a boy age five could made her fluster and speechless. What Myungsoo said is not something she is expecting this early, the boy barely know her and they haven't spend much time together. Though it's like that she can't help but feel amazed, Myungsoo is such as lovely boy just like his father.

The young boy is fast asleep in his car seat. She can relate to Myungsoo, just like him she also grew up in the care of her of her father and grandparents. She thought the only difference would be that he never had a chance to meet his biological mother. He can feel the longing in his voice when he said that he wants her to be his mother. His statement also stunned Do Hyun, but she also noticed that Do Hyun can't take off the smile on his face, upon hearing what his son uttered. She can already imagine how these boys will make her world turn upside down. It's not that she is complaining, she is actually very excited with what has life to offer them. It's always her dream to have a complete and loving family and with Do Hyun she knows it's possible and now meeting Myungsoo, she know her prayers had been answered more than what she asked for.

"Why don't you take a nap too! I'm pretty sure Myungsoo-ah made you exhausted." Do Hyun suggests. He is right though but she also doesn't have a heart to let sleep and let just Do Hyun drives.

"Aniyo, I'd rather spend time talking with you than sleep!"

"Really, but you'd been silent the whole time, I hope you're not bothered with what Myungsoo said." Her boyfriend let's out a soft nervous laugh.

"He is cute! I'm pretty sure he doesn't really understand what  he said and I should say you shouldn't feel pressured."

Realizing what she meant, Do Hyun displays a smile before he revert.

"Should I'll be the one, who should tell you not to feel the pressure. I'm sure that I want to marry you and spends the rest of my life with you and I could only hope that you feel the same."

"I wouldn't be here if I doesn't  feel the same!" Minsi says in a low voice as she lightly squeezes Do Hyun's hand.

Do Hyun is contemplating if he would stop the car so he can pull her into a hug. Ever since the day she went to Gwangju they never really have alone time together. It's not that he is trying to make fuss out of it, but his sister and son sticks to Minsi like a glue.  Actually, he is happy how they adore Minsi.

"I love you so much Minsi-ah and thank you for being here with us!

"Always, with you!"

***

"Myungsoo-ah, wake up, we're home now!" Do Hyun lightly nudge his son.

"Appa, I want to sleep beside Aunt Minsi!" Myungsoo blabbers with his eyes still close.

"He must be dreaming of you!" Do Hyun could only shakes his head in disbelief. Sensing that this boy will not wake up anytime soon, he gently unfastens the seatbelt of the car seat and lifts his son. While Minsi assists him and ensure Myungsoo will not bump into the car edges.

"Yeah, be careful!"

The trio were happily welcomed by Jin-ah ang Jungtae.

"Myungsoo, must be really tired!" Jin-ah said.

"Yeah, he happened to ride almost everything, he is particularly unstoppable, but I'm glad that he seems happy." Minsi says, smiling as she remembers how energetic Myungsoo was in the theme park.

"Really, I hope you're not the only one Noona who joined him on the rides. Because I don't think hyung would."

"Yah, Jungtae!" Do Hyun protests which earn laughters from the rest of the people in the living room 

"They must exhausted already, you should clean up now so you could rest." Their father suggests.

"Ok, appa! Minsi-Yah, I'll take care of Myungsoo, he drained your energy today." Do Hyun assures Minsi.

"Arasso! Goodnight Do Hyun-ah! Goodnight Mr. Lee and Mrs. Kim, Jungtae and Jin-ah!

"Let's go Eunnie!" Jin-ah clings to Minsi right away.

***
"I can see that Minsi and Myungsoo, are getting along really well." Mr. Lee says to her wife who is sitting on her vanity.

"As they should! You know how important Myungsoo is!"  Ms. Kim's simple and cold retort.

"Are you still not comfortable with Minsi around?"

"It's not like that, I'm more concerned about our son and grandson. She seems a nice person, but you can't blame for worrying about their future. She comes from well-off family and we're not sure if they will not do anything to intervene with their relationship. I just don't want them to get hurt in the end."

"I understand were you coming from, but she makes Do Hyun happy and I can feel that she genuinely love our son and she cares for Myungsoo. Should that matter more than anything else?

"But we know it doesn't work that way most of the time specially with the family like theirs."

"Just let them be, they are both on the right age. Let's just be happy with what they have. All we can do is to understand and support them."

Do Hyun's mother didn't say anything afterwards. She could only hope that her instinct is wrong. It is not that she don't like Minsi. Her husband is right, their son seems happier now and it's all because of his growing fondness to her girlfriend. As a mother she wants nothing else but her children's happiness but it pretty normal to be worried that his son will get hurt if their relationship will not work out.

***
"Good Morning Myungsoo-ah!" Minsi greets the young boy.

"Good Morning aunt Minsi!" The boy hurriedly goes to Minsi and gives her a hug.

"Did you sleep well?"

"Yeah!"

"Come, I prepared sandwiches for your breakfast!" She happily invites Myungsoo at the breakfast nook.

"Thank you Aunt Minsi!"

When Myungsoo was about to take a bite of the sandwich that Minsi  prepared, that the exact time Do Hyun's mother comes out from the kitchen.

"Myungsoo, what are you having for breakfast?" The older lady asks.

"What did you prepare for him?" Her inquiry, apparently addresses to Minsi.

"I thought Myungsoo would like a peanut butter, jelly sandwich." Minsi proudly says.

"What, Myungsoo put it down, don't eat that. Don't you know that he is allergic to peanuts." Do Hyun's mother harshly says.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know!"

"Well, what else do you know? You should have ask first before you offer any food to a child. We cannot afford to have him hospitalized again. You should be more careful."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean too!"

"Omma, what's going on here, it's still early and your voice woke me up." Jin-ah comes out from the room.

"Aunt Minsi, prepared some sandwich but she didn't know I'm allergic to peanuts."

"Oh, since you can't eat that! Should you give it to me! Don't worry Minsi Noona, nothing will go to waste!"

"I'm really sorry Myungsoo-ah!" Minsi apologizes profusely.

"Stop worrying Eunnie, it's not like that Myungsoo ate the whole thing. He never even started." Jin-ah assures her.

"Just let me prepare other food for your Myungsoo, tell me what do you like!"

"No need for that, when it's come to the meal that our family will consume, just leave it to me. For everyone sake and safety."

"Omma!" Jin-ah and Jungtae says in unison.

"Yes ma'am, I understand and I'm really sorry." Minsi look down to prevent her tears from falling. She feels guilty, their mother is right and she thinks, she cannot forgive herself if something bad to Myungsoo because of carelessness.

"You two what are you doing, don't you have plans of helping your brother in the shop."  Mrs. Kim apparently is still pissed with what happened.

"Myungsoo, let halmoni prepares your breakfast what do you  want me to cook." 

"I want kimchi pancake halmoni!" Myungsoo says cheerily.

"Im sorry about that Eunnie, you know how Omma loves her only grandchild."

"It's ok!"

"Kaja, let's get ready! Oppa must be waiting for us in store."

Minsi follow Jin-ah, to their room.

***
What happened earlier during breakfast somehow affected Minsi's mood and it didn't go unnoticed to Do Hyun.

"Are you ok Love, it seems that you're energy is a bit low? Are you still tired from yesterday. I know taking care of Myungsoo is too much to handle."

"It because Omma, get mad because Noona gave Myungsoo a peanut butter sandwich." Jungtae heedlessly says while munching on some pickled daikon.

"Yah, your big mouth!" Jin-ah, alarmed her younger brother.

"What?"

"It's ok Love, it's my fault. I should be more cautious and I should have ask you about Myungsoo. But really I'm ok! I'm sorry for spoiling the mood! You are right I'm a bit exhausted yesterday but I think we should all be eating now. Yah! It taste good!" Minsi says without a pause, obviously trying to hide what she's really feeling that moment.

"Eunnie, eat slowly!" Jin-ah warns Minsi when she notices that the older girl continuously muches on her food.

"Jin-ah's right love, you know it's not good for digestion. There's no need to hurry!"

"What are you saying, the food really taste good! You guys are lucky your Omma's cookings are the best."

Minsi tries her best to assures the siblings that she's fine, despite the fact that she knows that they will not buy it. She thought her acting but she doesn't want to cause trouble anymore specially she knows how important a family is to Do Hyun. She can endure and pretend that she's isn't hurting for Do Hyun's sake because that is how she loves him.

***
"Don't you think your reaction is a bit harsh. I mean obviously Minsi wasn't aware of Myungsoo's condition, they just met and still on the stage of getting to know each other?"

That morning commotion reach the knowledge of the father of the house. Myungsoo is such a sensitive kid and he knows that his halmoni got upset to the lady.

"It's Myungsoo who told me what happened!"

"If she wants to be a part of this family she should have time to get to know each and every one of us. She seems only interested with our son and how about Myungsoo. If I didn't came out from the kitchen, I can't imagine what could have happen to our grandson."

"I think that is what she is doing! Can't you see her efforts? Contrary to what you said, she is pretty close to Jin-ah and Jungtae seems comfortable with her presence too. She's not hard to deal with, she's a likable person."

"So are you trying to say that I'm the difficult person here?"

"Jagiya, it's how you perceive it. But why don't you open your heart and try to be more understanding for our son's sake. Do you want our kids to be treated that way by other people. As far as I know Minsi grew up in an environment that is totally different from ours and I have to say that I admire her braveness and humbleness, the way she reached out and accepted  Do Hyun's situation, she already made it clear how much she loves our son."

***

"Love, what are you doing here? It's still dark! Can't sleep anymore, does Jin-ah moving a lot in bed?"

"Aniyo, I think I have sufficient sleep!" Minsi smile bitterly.

"Something is bothering you right. You can deny all you want but I think I know you too well. Would you mind to tell me how are you feeling? Didn't we made a promise that we will no longer keep a secret from each other."

Do Hyun's statement immediately made Minsi cries.

"I'm sorry Love, I'm too reckless. I don't think I can forgive myself if something bad happen to Myungsoo. I should have known better. How can I be a good a Omma to him if I don't know the things that could harm him."

"Ssshhh...it's not your fault! I know it's not your intention and besides you're starting to build a relationship. You should know that even I as his father, I still need to learn more things about him. There are times that I feel guilty too because I can't be with him all the time but it doesn't mean that I deliberately wants him to feel bad about me."

"But, I must protect him but instead I almost hurt him!"

"Love, look no one is harm, everyone in this home is safe and you shouldn't dwell on things that will ruin your peace. You tends to overthink sometimes."  Do Hyun gently touches her face and wipes the tears using his thumb.

"I'm sorry! I care for Myungsoo, you should know that his welfare is important to me."

"I know and Myungsoo can feel that, so you shouldn't worry about it!" Do Hyun drops kisses on her forehead.

"I love you Lee Do Hyun-ah!"

"I love you more Go Minsi-ah!"

"I love you the most, you're the only one I have and I don't want to lose you. I don't think I can afford to be parted from you again."

"Gosh, what did I do in the past to deserve someone as beautiful as you?"

"You're the cheesiest person I'd ever met, you know! And Myungsoo got it from you!"

"You don't like it? My goal is to woo you forever and make  you happy!"

"I don't just like it, I love it and I'm forever grateful that I have you in my life."

"Good! Because there's no way that I will let you go!"

"Me, either!"

"You are so beautiful that I want to kiss you so bad."

"Yah, we can't do that!" Minsi immediately shrugs his idea

"Why not, it's not like that we haven't kiss before?"

"Well, not here, what if someone walk into us. That would be embarrassing. What if Myungsoo, wakes up, how will you explain that to him?"

"Arasso, I just miss you so much!"

"I miss you too and thank you for understanding me!"

"Like I said, I'm willing to wait, even if it's take a lifetime just for you."

"I know and I won't make you wait that long, should that be my line? I mean between us you have more obligations and like I said I'll make sure that I will not add to your burdens. I can take care of myself and it's my responsibility to take care of you and Myungsoo too. I thought my life would be just ordinary, but it's turns out meaningful now that I have you in it."

"Look, who's sweet talking right now, you should know that you'll never be a burden. You're the answer to my prayers, you're my dream!" Do Hyun says while pulling Minsi closer into a sweet embrace. "I love you!"

"Yah, I think it's enough for morning sweet talk. Let's get working." Minsi says.

Do Hyun raises his brows and pout a bit.

"What, you know. I should make it up to Myungsoo and your Mom.  Don't worry about me, I know I have to work hard to gain approval, just let me do my assignments. I have high respect to your parents, they are good people and the living proof is that they raised you, Jin-ah and Jungtae really well. I  wish to be someone like your mother."

"You are great and I'm always proud of you!" Do Hyun drops kisses on her forehead.

Little they know, behind the walls are two shadow who unintentionally heard their conversation.

"Yeobo, I guess you are right! In deed, she is good for son!"