Fami-Lee Date

Let’s Meet Halfway

"Eunnie, I'm really happy for you and Oppa!" Jin-ah says as they both get ready to sleep.

Minsi reluctantly accepted the offer of Do Hyun's father to spend the holidays in their household, it's not that she doesn't want it. In fact she's happy to meet them and excited to get to know them better especially Myungsoo. Mr. Lee, exudes characteristics of an ideal father, he is nice and accommodating. Jungtae seems to be a shy kid, just looking at him, she can already tell what Do Hyun's looks like when he was younger. For Myungsoo, Soochan is right, the little boy is adorable and well-mannered for his age. It seems that the male members of this household shares the same values and attitude.

About Jin-ah, they clicked from the very start. She knew that even in a different situation if she's not Do Hyun's sister, they will still be comfortable with each other. She's fun to be with and very charming as well.  For Mrs. Kim, their mother she seems to be a nice and loving mother. Although, she still can't gauge her personality, her aloofness somehow concerning her and she's aware that it will be a bit challenging to deal with her.

"You know, Oppa is not really good in expressing his feelings to us, but he was really stressed when the two of you were not talking, he is hiding it to us because he don't want us to worry. But I can say that his eyes is glowing now because you are already here. I mean he loves you and you are really important to him."

"I'm happy to be here! I know you're all surprise by my sudden appearance but I'm glad for your warm welcome." Minsi shyly smile at Jin-ah.

"Of course you are always welcome here! You're important to Oppa and you makes him happy! Today is pretty long day for you Eunnie, you better go to sleep, we'll catch up tomorrow."

"Ok, Jin-ah! Thank you! Goodnight!"

"Sweet dreams, Unnie!"

***

The Lee family is having their usual breakfast. The night before,Minsi plans to wake up early to help preparing the breakfast, but since she was to too exhausted the day prior she slept like a log to the point that Jin-ah had to wake her up.

She was a bit embarrassed but Jin-ah assures her that she shouldn't feel that way.

Breakfast with the Lee is quiter than the dinner and she can't help but feel amaze as she observes Myungsoo. He is matured for his age, he is so calm although Do Hyun still assist him, the young boy seems independent.

"Oppa, I will man the shop since I have no classes for today."     Jin-ah blurts.

"Oh really!"

"Yeah, you should take Eunnie and Myungsoo on date. I mean it's Eunnie's first visit to Gwangju."

"Neh, it's ok I can help you in the shop!" Minsi offers.

"Aniyo, you guys obviously needs quality time! Besides Jungtae volunteered to help me!"

"What are you talking about?"

Jungtae protests but Jin-ah is quick to shove a piece of meat in his brother's mouth.

"We talked about this yesterday right? Oppa needs to unwind, he's been working non-stop!"

"Your sister is right! Let's your brother rest and relax for today!" Mr. Lee agrees to Jin-ah's idea.

"Ok, if you say so! Then we will try to enjoy the rest of the day.  Where do you want to go Minsi-ah?"

"I think we should ask Myungsoo!"

"Appa, I want to play all day with you!" The young boy says excitedly.

"Myungsoo is an active kid, just make sure you'll keep eye on him." Their mother says.

"Don't worry Omma, we will make sure that Myungsoo will enjoy this day!" Do Hyun assures his mother.

Minsi smiles awkwardly, it's going to be tough to deal with Do Hyun's mother. By nature it's not hard for her to please other people, but this case is different and she knew she had to work really hard to be accepted in this family.

***

"Are you ok?" Do Hyun asks Minsi.  They decided to spend the day at the amusement park. It's Myungsoo's request and both of them have no heart to decline the young boy's request. Although Do Hyun is not really fond of extreme rides seeing how happy Myungsoo is, warms his heart.

"I can't really tell if you like to spend time here, but I really appreciate that you agree with Myungsoo!"

"It's ok, Myungsoo seems really excited too. What's important is that he is having fun!"

"Thank you for understanding, I'll make it up to you." Do Hyun, intertwines  their hands, while they happily watch Myungsoo enjoying the Merry-go-round ride.

"You are not yet tired Myungsoo-Yah?" Do Hyun curiously asks his son, who tried all the kiddie rides non-stop.

"Aniyo, Appa! I still want to ride that!" Myungsoo replies. Using his index finger he points out a ride that is somewhat similar to roller coasters, but it has no loops and much lower in height compared to the actual roller coasters.

"I don't think kids like you are allow to ride that. You are still young and it seems dangerous." Do Hyun disagrees.

"Appa, but there are other kids who are trying that ride." Myungsoo showcasing his signature pout as he tries to convince Do Hyun.

Minsi just smile at the father and son's banter. She understands Do Hyun's protectiveness but at the same time, he can relate to Myungsoo, he's at the age when he is always curious and would like to explore things.

"Do Hyun-ah, I think kids of his age are allowed to ride that as long as they are accompanied by an adult."

Do Hyun furrow his eyebrows, it's more like he wants to tell Minsi to agree with him and convince his son that the ride is not recommended for kids.

"Is that true Aunt Minsi? Appa, come on let's try that ride!" The young boy pleads. He switch his glance from Do Hyun to Minsi as he ask for permission and support simultaneously.

"Myungsoo-ah, I allowed you to play all day, because you promise that you'll be a good boy, why it seems that you are not obeying me." Do Hyun says firmly.

"But Appa!"

"Do Hyun-ah, maybe we should let him try the ride. I can join him, besides I want to check those rides too." Minsi interrupts a bit to their conversation. She can sense the firmness on Do Hyun voice but at the same time, she knew that Myungsoo will not stop, like he's a little stubborn and will do everything to get what he wants.

Minsi holds Do Hyun hands assuring him that she will take care of Myungsoo.

"I hope you'll trust me on this! Myungsoo and I will be fine!" She smile sweetly, the one that Do Hyun can't resist.

"Ok!"

"Myungsoo, let's go!" She reaches out her hand to the little boy who's eyes are now sparkling.

"Yehey! Thank you Aunt Minsi! Thank you Appa!"

Together, Minsi and Myungsoo, walk hand in hand as they wait for their turn for the ride. While Do Hyun can only sigh, he has mixed emotion at this scenario. First, he is nervous and worried about the safety of the two most important people in his life. He wants to join them too, but in all honesty, he has fear of heights and just thinking how high and fast the rides are, it is already making him dizzy. He also feels proud of how brave his son is and most of all he is happy that the two seems getting along really well. He appreciates Minsi's efforts to be liked by his family and most specially his son. His love and respect for her grows each day that they are together.

Do Hyun watches how Minsi and Myungsoo, enjoy the ride. Both of them look happy and carefree, they exhibit same energy level.

"Appa, that was cool! If you only join us!"

"Is that so, maybe I will next time!" Do Hyun's simple retort.

"You're really cool Myungsoo. You're such a brave boy, I bet you are braver than your Appa!" Minsi teases.

"Yah, are you saying that I'm coward?" Do Hyun asks irritatedly.

"If that's how you interpret things, maybe that's it!"

"Let's go Myungsoo-yah, let's grab something to eat!" Minsi smiles and offers her hand to the young boy leaving Do Hyun dumbfounded.

"Aunt Minsi, can I eat waffles and hotdogs?" Myungsoo asks politely.

"Of course, you can eat everything that you want as long as in moderation. You deserve some nice treats!"

Do Hyun can't help but smile as he listens to their conversation. He is more than glad that they treat each other's nicely.

"Thank you Aunt Minsi!" Myungsoo says cheerily.

"Well, how about me? I think I deserve treats too for bringing you here!" Do Hyun tries to chimes in.

"Hmmm...Myungsoo-ah, what can you say? Do you think your Appa deserves a treat?"

"Aniyo, because he didn't ride anything?"

Myungsoo's reply makes Minsi laugh and Do Hyun just furrows his eyebrows due to disappointment. He couldn't believe that his son and his girlfriend would connive to make fun of him.

"Did you hear what your son said?"

"Yah, you're both cruel and annoying!"

"Hahaha!" Myungsoo and Minsi laughs in unison, their laughters should be music to his ears but at that moment it sounded like an insult. But his heart is at peace just seeing the smiles on their faces.

"Wow, these taste good!" Myungsoo excitedly took a bite of his waffles.

"Really?" Minsi notices the chocolate smudge on Myungsoo's face that she immediately gets tissue and carefully wipe it showing that she truly cares for the young boy.

Do Hyun thinks that scene is lovely to look at. He knew that he made the right decision of loving Minsi with all his heart. She's a beautiful inside and out and every day he can't help but fall in love with her deeply. She is his person and to add Myungsoo likes her and that's matter to him the most.

Witnessing how these two team-up to annoy him, he somewhat felt out of place and decided to join the fun. He purposely smudge his face with the mustard from the burger he is eating and asks Minsi to clean his face.

"What are you a baby?" Minsi says.

"Appa acts like a baby!"

"Yes, your Aunt Minsi's big baby."

Do Hyun statement makes them laugh. It such a lovely winter day. Minsi is genuinely happy and she knew it, she made the right decision to follow her heart. Loving Do Hyun is easy but accepting his situation is not and that can be applicable to anyone. However, he is special and he deserved to be loved. For him she is willing to take the risk.

"Kaja, you two stand there! I'll take your picture guys!" She tells Do Hyun and Myungsoo.

"How about we ask someone to take our picture so you can join us?" Do Hyun suggests which makes her blush.

"I don't know, I'm shy to ask someone!"

Until a stranger approaches them.

"Hey, you need help? I can take your pictures!" The stranger offers.

"Really, will you be ok or we might be disturbing you!"

"Of course not, it's fun to see such a lovely family like yours. I mean your son got his looks from your husband. What a great looking family you have!"

Minsi was stunned with what the stranger said, that she couldn't speak to correct her assumptions. On other hand Do  Hyun, smiles widely.

"Thank you Ma'am for offering help and we will not deny it. Come here my beautiful wife! I'm sorry she is just really shy!" Do Hyun tells the stranger and Minsi could only glare at him.

"OMO! look at that, the pictures are all beautiful and frame-worthy. Your little boy is really cute!" The stranger praising Myungsoo.

"We would like to thank you too Ma'am, for helping us documenting this special day for us." Do Hyun bows once more before the stranger takes her leave.

His smile reaches his ears as soon as he sees the pictures. Indeed, the stranger was right, they really looks like a family. He is happy that Myungsoo is comfortable with Minsi and vice versa.

"Myungsoo-ah! Look at our pictures!" Do Hyun kneels down to his son's level and shows him the pictures.

The young boy smile looking at the picture before he raises his head a bit to take a glimpse of Minsi.

"What can you say Myungsoo-ah?" Do Hyun asks.

"Aunt Minsi is so pretty!"

"Ows, that so sweet of you! Thank you!" Minsi flashing her charming smile as she gently smoothes his hair.

"Appa!"

"Yeah!"

"I like Aunt Minsi to be my Omma!"