Turn of Event

Let’s Meet Halfway

Jin-Ah is sitting on the Dining Area completely engross doing her school works when her parents approach her. 

"How's your stay in Seoul?" Her father asks.

"I had a great time Appa!"

"How about your brother?" 

"Oppa seems happier now, I met Soo Chan Oppa and his colleagues and they are all nice. I also met Minsi Unnie!"

"Minsi-ssi?" It's her mother turns to ask this time.

"Aist, my big mouth."

Jin-Ah quickly covers realizing that her parents are still not aware that her brother is dating. But there's no sense making story to cover up her brother, sooner or later they will know that Do Hyun is in a relationship.

"She is the one, Oppa's dating!" 

"Really, that's a good news then!" A sparks reflecting her mother's eyes. It's been her long time wish, to witness her son experience genuine happiness.

"Yes, she's pretty and really nice but she still have no idea that Oppa has a child. I convinced him to tell her already but he seems having a hard time. I like her for Oppa, she makes him happy."

"What, and how about Myungsoo if that's the case?"

"Omma, that's also my concern! And another thing, she is from affluent family." 

"And so, your brother is hardworking." His oppa joins in.

"Yeah, but she's a granddaughter of the owner of Choi's Corporation!"

Her parent jaws drop upon hearing what she said.  Choi's clan is one of the most influential and richest family in South Korea. They owned several businesses from real states, trading and services and restaurants chains.

"Are you sure with that?"

"Of course, I accidentally met Unnie's mother while we were in the mall. It just sad that they seems not in good terms. Unnie hates her omma,  she don't want to be associated with her, as I see it, it's not just a simple family problem. Unnie is avoiding her."

"Jin-ah, are you sure you are not making up stories?" Her omma's retort.

"Omma, why would I do that? I care for Oppa and I want him to be happy." 

"I'm sorry, but it is quite unexpected that your brother will be associated to that family, moreover dating someone of their kind."

"Why, Omma? Oppa is handsome, he is smart too. If he only finishes college, for sure he'll be more successful and besides Minsi Unnie, is not bothered with his social status."

"You seems really fond of her, Jin-Ah! You only have nice words about her." Her father exclaims

"Because she is lovable Appa, if you'll only meet her you will understand why Oppa is smitten."

Jin-Ah know that Minsi isn't perfect, pretty much she also has flaws but her brother loves her and she makes him happy. His brother isn't perfect as well but they compliment each other. She wanted to tell her parents all the things she learned about her but she is contemplating to tell them her most recent discovery.  Minsi is a daughter of a Professor in SNU who was abducted and killed by its perpetrators. The rumors is that he was killed after proving himself not guilty of ual abuses that were charged against him. There were also articles written that the mastermind of the crime is his in-laws, a top executive of the Choi's Corporation. Jin-Ah thinks that it's actually makes sense, she comes up with the assumptions that maybe it the reasons why Minsi seems to despise her mother.

She don't want her parents to worry, not until her hunches are proven to be true.

"I would like to meet her!" Her mother says.

"We're here!" Jungtae and Myungsoo announce as they enter the house.

"Aist, you two are sweaty!" Her mother wipes the sweat on Myungsoo back with a towel.

"Halmoni, we played in the park!" Myungsoo exclaims giddily.

"Omma, I'll go to shower first!" Jungtae says.

"Yah, dry yourself first with a towel." Jin-Ah exclaims.

"It's hot!" Jungtae protests.

"You really don't listen to me, huh!"

"Stop, that already. Jungtae, take Myungsoo with you in the shower. We will have our dinner once you're clean." Their father reprimands.

Jungtae stucks his tongue out to further annoy her sister.

"Samchoon, stop annoying imo!" Myungsoo tells Jungtae.

"Yah, are you now siding Noona?" Jungtae says frustratedly.

"Our baby boy is really sweet!" Jin-Ah hugs her nephew.

"I'm not, but we must listen to imo! That's what Appa told me!"

"You heard that Jungtae-Ah, even Oppa agrees that you should listen to me!"

"Whatever!" Jungtae walks out and goes straight to the shower.

"Kaja, Myungsoo, l'll assist you to the shower!" Jin-Ah cheerily says.

"Imo, can we call Appa later?" Myungsoo asks.

"He called earlier, but you were playing outside, but don't worry, he will call you later!" 

"Really!"

"Of course, let's go now and clean up!"

***

Yeobo, what's your view about Do Hyun's relationship with that girl?" Do Hyun's Omma says as she sits on the edge of the bed.

Mr. Lee, takes off his eyeglasses, "We know that this time will come! If you are worried about his choices, let it go. We should trust him!"

"But what about, Myungsoo, what if she will not accept his son? I don't want our son to get hurt again!"

"Well, that's a different story! But we don't know anything yet! Let's just hope for the best for our son and Myungsoo!"

To parents like them nothing is more painful than to witness your children suffer. What Do Hyun went through wasn't simple, he gave up his dream to raise his child. The only thing that will keep them at peace is to see their children in happy state.

***

"Eunbi, what are we doing here?" One of her friend asks. 

They park their car nearby Soochan's Autoshop.

"Just wait and see!" She displays a smirk.

A moment later, a group of boys come out from the shop.

"So tell me you're eyeing one of those boys! Tell me which one!"

Eunbi remains silent, though her eyes are fixed to that certain boy, who owns a motorcycle.

"Oh my God, he's hot!" Her friend is ogling at him too. "But, is he the one we saw with your office mate last time?"

"Yeah, that !" Eunbi rolls her eyes in annoyance. "Don't worry, it's easy to dispatch her. That boy, Do Hyun, he's going to be mine!" She chuckles.

"You are scaring the hell out of me! You are really crazy!" Her friend says before she lets out a loud laugh. "But are you sure you like that guy or are it's just your way to annoy Minsi?" 

"Excuse me!" Eunbi raises her eyebrows.

"Ok! I'll keep my lips sealed!" 

***

"Hey, can I sit here?" Eunbi approaches Minsi and Sun Min's table while they are having lunch.

"Sure!"

"By the Eunbi, how's the bidding for the new suppliers?." Sun Min asks nonchalantly.

Eunbi displays a frown, she wasn't expecting that her teamlead would still talk about work during lunchtime. Minsi on the other hand, remains quiet and guarded, she feels off whenever Eunbi is around. 

"I'm sorry for asking, but Minsi and I, we are use that our lunch becomes the extension of our meeting but you are not required to talk about work if you're not comfortable." Sun Min adds.

"Yeah, she's right we're kind of boring you know!" Minsi huffs, trying to lessen the awkwardness.

Suddenly, Eunbi's phone rang. She excuses herself to take the call.

"Unnie, that's kind of mean!" Minsi says in disbelief.

"Well, she's trying hard and I can sense that you are uncomfortable whenever she's around. I can't blame you though, she's cringy!" 

Minsi was right, even Sun Min is also not convince with Eunbi's action. Her act of kindness is something unforeseen, not after she shows them nothing but rudeness for the past years they are working together.

"I still can't trust her and you should be more careful. I'm not saying that you avoid her but if in case she invites you to hangout, don't go all by yourself, I know her cliques and I would say they are all suspicious."

Minsi displays a little smile.

"I thought you'd like us to treat her nicely."

"Well, that's true because she's our member, our teammate, but beyond that, we must keep our distance from her!"

As much as posssible Sun Min wants to keep everything civil among her members, well except Minsi, they are friends even before and being friends with her is one of the few relationships she wants to keep for a lifetime.

"Arasso, well you know for sure that I don't trust people like her, but I also don't want to hate her."

Minsi, would like to believe that Eunbi isn't that bad, she believes that there might be valid reasons why she acts that way.

"You're just nice which is completely her opposite!" Sun Min says.

***

Soochan and Do Hyun are discussing about the repair they need to do on the car of this particular client when Hye Gun barges in the office.

"Woah!" Soochan reacts.

"Boss, we have a client outside!"

"Can't you assist them? Do Hyun and I are still talking."

"I know it weird but she insists that she would like to see you."

"Aist, how come!"

"Maybe, that customer is someone you know, Hyung." Do Hyun says.

"Ok, we're wrapping up. Give us 5 minutes." 

***

"Well, I just want to ensure that my car will be taken care of based on my standards." The female client says who happens to be Eunbi's friend

"Yes Ma'am, we will do our best." Kyungsoo tries to calm down the lady.

"Mina, can you relax a bit! I'm pretty sure they will take good care of your car!" Eunbi lightly pats her friend on the shoulder. She also smiles sweetly to  Kyungsoo and KwangKyu.

"Our boss, is still in the meeting, but he'll be out in a while." Hye Gun says.

"You can sit down while we wait for him!" Kwang Kyu suggests.

While Mina, narrows her eyes.

After a while, Soochan and Do Hyun come out from the office.

Eunbi, lightly nudges Mina.

Soochan furrows his eyebrows upon seeing the said customers. He tries to remember if he knows them but he can't.

"Good Afternoon, they say you are looking for me! What can I do for you?" Soochan greets the clients.

Before Mina could open , Eunbi speaks first.

"Oh my God Do Hyun-ssi is that you?" She says in a high pitch tone.

Do Hyun is taken aback and the people in the shop we're surprised too. He is not expecting that he will see Minsi's colleague in the shop. He tries to recall her name but he failed.

"It's Eunbi, remember? I'm Minsi's friend." She says while displaying her flirtatious smiles

"Oh yeah, Eunbi-ssi!" He bows his head lightly. He thinks Minsi must be right, he too gets uncomfortable with the way she looks at him and her being in the shop tells that it could be not just mere coincidence.

"Ma'am, May I know why do you want to see me?" Soochan asks again.

"Well, I just want to know if the people who work here are really credible."

The boys sigh collectively not hesitating to show their dismay to what the client said.

"Ma'am our shop is relatively new but I could attest that all our mechanics here are certified and they always exceed customer expectations in the terms of the services we provide."

Soochan is clearly trying to keep his cool. He won't accept any insult, specifically from these clients who haven't tried any of the services they offer.

"No, don't get us wrong. My friend here is just a bit meticulous." Eunbi says in an apologetic voice.

The boys exchange smirks, the girls have pretty appearance but they are seems fake and rude. 

"Boss, can we go back to our work areas, I can't believe our work was interrupted for nothing." Hye Gun exclaims sarcastically.

"Me too boss!" Kwang Kyu seconded.

"Ok, go back to your respective areas and make sure that we will not receive complains from our customers." Soochan reminds them.

"So, how May I help you Ma'am?"

Eunbi's friend remains speechless apparently she   is just there as part of Eunbi's plan.

"Her car has scratches and needs to be repainted she can't use the car insurance because her father will get mad at her, if he discovers it!" Eunbi explains, but it just part of the show, she purposely scratched the car so they can go to shop for what she thinks unsuspectable reason.

"Ok, I will personally attend to this concern. The whole repainting process will probably takes 3 days to finish, depending on the damage. We need to assess the car first." Soochan says without looking at the clients.

Eunbi is about to say something when they heard a voice coming from the entrance door. She knows that voice, she is too acquainted to it.

"Hello there!" 

She shifts her stares to Do Hyun who is now smiling happily at the said guest who is no other than Minsi.

"Minsi-Yah!" Do Hyun cheerfully approaches her.

"I brought some drinks and donuts!" 

Do Hyun assists her. 

"Soochan Oppa!" 

She greets the older boy but the smile on her face fades as soon as her gaze lands on Eunbi. "What is she doing here?"

She looks at Do Hyun again. Her eyes are full of questions, asking for an explanation.