Confusion and Trust

Let’s Meet Halfway

Do Hyun and Minsi reach home and now standing in front of her house. The summer is about to end and the cold breeze can be felt all over the city.

"It's cold. You should go inside."

"You go first!"

A smirk tags along his lips. He can sense that she feels the same way, they don't want to be separated from each other. 

Minsi steps closer to him and lightly smoothes his bangs away that's sticking on his forehead.

"It's a long day, you should go and rest now!" 

"You too!"

Minsi turns her back to open the gate while Do Hyun remains rooted to where he is standing. He  opted to wait until Minsi is already inside the house just to be sure that she is safe. But when he thought that she is already inside the house that's the time, Minsi turns around to face him and in a split seconds her arms are already swathe around him. He is surprised with her unpredictable gestures but more than that he is happy every single moment he spends with her.  Do Hyun hugs her back, her tiny frame perfectly fits in his arms. He closes his eyes as he inhales her sweet scent. He wants the time to freeze, he doesn't want this moment to end.

"Thank you!" She whispers.

He moves just a little to see her face. She is glowing. 

They lost track of time, they don't know how long they'd been hugging until their skinship was interrupted by beam of lights coming from a car's headlights. With their squinting eyes they check the people who came out from the vehicle and they are no other than Soo Ryeon and her fiancé.

"Unnie, oppa!" Minsi startles.

"Anyeong, we drop by to check on you, but as we can see you seems more than ok!" Soo Ryeon winks while Jung Haeng lightly chuckles.

Minsi, haven't removed her hold to Do Hyun, and the boy just did the same, his arms are still around her in a protective manner.

"It's cold, why don't we go and talk inside instead?" Soo Ryeon suggests.

"I think I should leave, see you tomorrow Minsi-Ah!" Do Hyun retorts.

"Aniyo, you can actually join our little chitchat." Soo Ryeon glares at the boy.

***

"We just had tea, we had dinner at his apartment with his sister. She's going back to Gwangju tomorrow that's why we decided to have simple dinner." Minsi exclaims.

The four of them are sitting in her living room. Soo Ryeon just moved out from their shared apartment to live with Jung Haeng. Soo Ryeon can sense the awkwardness and she can't help but smile just looking at the lovebirds in front of her.

"Do Hyun-ssi, thank you for taking care of Minsi-Ah! She's now living alone and I'm at peace knowing that someone looks after her."

"It's ok Noona, you don't have to worry about her.  I'll check her from time to time to see if she is safe and doing fine." Do Hyun's shy retort.

"By the way, our wedding will be on next weekend. We are expecting to see you there, Do Hyun-ssi" Jung Hae adds.

"You mean, I'm invited?" Do Hyun utters in surprise.

"Of course, Minsi needs an ." Soo Ryeon exclaims. 

"Unnie!" Minsi is obviously flustered.

Do Hyun, moves his head to look at her and flashes a shy grin.

"Expect me to be there!"

***

"You mean, you are invited to Soo Ryeon's wedding?" Hye Gun asks in awe.

"Apparently, his girl needs him to be there!" Soo Chan teases the younger boy who's cheeks turns bright red.

"Wow, that's great!" Kyung Soo pats his shoulder.

"We all know that you are handsome but you still to polish your looks!" Kwang Kyu divulges confidently.

"Coming from you?" Soo Chan reacts.

"Ouch boss, you really think I'm ugly! Huh!" Kwang Kyu puts his hands on her chest to feign that he is hurt.

"Isn't obvious?" Hye Gun and Kyungsoo says in unison, before they let out a loud laughs.

"Hahaha!"

"Thank you for your concerns, but I think I can handle it pretty well. I'll let you know if I need help." He assures the boys.

"To Lee Do Hyun-ssi, we trust."

***

"Yah, what happened to that Kang Eunbi?" One of Minsi's colleague asks.

Minsi, Sun Min and the rest of the team are surprised to received pastries and coffee from their colleague. 

Eunbi is known for her rebellious attitude, she doesn't get along with anyone in the team. She even joined them lunch which she clearly avoid for the past years she's been working in the company.

"I'm not sure if I'm going to eat these, what if she put poison on these." Another colleague commented.

Sun Min took a big bite of the cake before she murmurs.

"Just send me to the hospital if I collapse after eating this." She is obviously just kidding, she wants to give Eunbi a chance and benefit of the the doubt, after all she is part of the team. On the other hand, Minsi copies her teamlead for the purpose of ensuring the members that the pasties and coffees are safe to consume.

***

"You're heading home after work?" Eunbi curiously asks Minsi, they are currently in the powder room.

"Yeah! Why did you ask?" Minsi's retort.

"I actually want to invite to join me shopping, but it seems you have other plans." Eunbi says in a low voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry, it just that I have prior plans!"

"I see, you have date!"

"No, it's not really a date!"

"Well, I often see you with that guy with motorcycle. I didn't mean to be nosy, but it just so happens that I usually spots him fetching you after work."

Minsi is a little hesitant to talk about Do Hyun with her, she wants to be quiet about their brooding relationship but she don't also want to appear rude to Eunbi, not now that she seems wants to end the bad blood between them, that she to make friends with her. 

"We are neighbors, that's why it is both convenient for us to go home together!"

"Ok, maybe we can hang out some other times! I'll go back to my desk." Eunbi says before she leave Minsi at the powder room.

"Sure and thank you for the coffee treats!"

***

Do Hyun, is already in the parking lot when Minsi comes out from her office.

"How long you've been waiting?" She asks.

"Not so long, maybe just a couple of minutes ago!"

As always, he helps Minsi putting on her helmet, when suddenly Eunbi approaches them. She is parking her car just nearby to where they are standing.

"Hey, Minsi-Ah!" She greets her while her gaze is directed to Do Hyun.

"Eunbi-ssi!" Minsi is taken aback to see her there. She left the office about 10 minutes ahead of her and she is surprised to know that she is still there.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend?" Eunbi huffs.

Before she could speak, Eunbi already extends her hand and introduces herself to Do Hyun.

"Hello, I'm Kang Eunbi!"

"I'm Lee Do Hyun!" Do Hyun look first at Minsi, before he reaches out his hand to Eunbi. He can sense that Minsi is not comfortable with the girl in front of them.

"Nice meeting you Do Hyun-ssi! See you around Minsi-Ah!" She says.

Do Hyun politely bows his head as they watch Eunbi leave.

***

Do Hyun and Minsi's having their dinner at the restaurant they are frequent to. Minsi is in deep thought that she seems have not interested on the food they ordered and that didn't go unnoticed to Do Hyun.

"Why are you not eating, are you not hungry?"

"I'm sorry for spacing out, it's just I'm preoccupied with some mundane things! Just a bad habit I guess!"

"Does her presence bother you so much?" He put down his chopsticks and hold Minsi's hand that is on top of the table.

"We were actually confuse. You know I told you about this colleague who seems not really fond of  me, it's her! She used to be indifferent and she isn't the type who hides how much she despises me and then just overnight she's acting like we're close, that there's no beef between us."

"Maybe, she have a change of heart or she realizes that there's nothing to hate about you and your colleagues!" He gently caress her hand using his thumb.

"Is that what you think?"

"I understand where you're coming from, just be careful and don't trust easily. If you feel something off, don't hesitate to tell me."

"Arasso! You know what I think she's been observing us. She even ask about you during  lunch." Minsi sport a small pout. She's thinking why Eunbi suddenly became interested with what's going on with her life, moreover she doesn't like the way she looks at Do Hyun when she introduced herself to him.

Do Hyun laughs, she can sense a hint of jealousy on her voice as she tells her about her conversation with Eunbi.

"Why are you laughing?" She continues to pout.

"You're  cute! Kaja, you should eat now!" 

"Yah, don't tell me you like Eunbi, you didn't even hesitate holding her hands."

"I just don't want to be rude, that's it! Don't tell me you're jealous." He teases.

"Why would I?" She stutters.

He gently grips her hand. "I only have my eyes on you. I hope you will not forget that."

Minsi turns red with what he said.

"Yah, let's just eat!" Minsi looks around before she takes a sip on her drinks while Do Hyun chuckles at how she easily gets flustered.

"Minsi-Yah, are you busy tomorrow?"

"In the morning, I'll pick up my dress and then I'm free after that!" She says after wiping with a tissue.

"I can come with you! If you want!"

"Don't you have work tomorrow?" 

"Yeah!"

"Ok, let's meet at 10am, I'll bring Hero!"

"Let me drive then!"

***

"Hello Ms. Minsi, would you like try on the dress before we wrap it!" The staff of the boutique ask.

"Yeah, can I?"

"Of course, so we can also see the fit and just in case we need to adjust something."

The staff lead her to dressing room, while Do Hyun stays in waiting area.

"Ms. Minsi, your boyfriend is really handsome!" The staff says while zipping the dress. "You look good together!" She adds.

"Thank you!" She blushes.

"Well, I hope you'll consider our shop too, when you get married."

"Weh!" She is utterly shock to the staff's statement.

"Well, I hope that the two of you will end up getting married someday. I can see that he is really in love with you with the way he stares at you!" 

"What about his stares?" She asks curiously. It's not that she doesn't  notice but she wants to hear her opinion for sort of validation.

"I'm not sure if your dense or what!" 

Minsi gulps with what the staff's exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, it's not what I mean. But he is too obvious, because he looks at you like you're the only girl in the world. His stares actually reminds me of my husband's. Even I'm not that pretty, he looks at me like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world!" The staffs chuckles, seemingly excitedly to share her love story.

"You are beautiful Unnie, that is the reason why your husband stares at the way you describe it." 

"And so you are! I bet he'll droll once he see you in this dress. How much more in your wedding dress?"

Minsi look at herself on the mirror. The dress she chose is pretty. It's a blush pink spaghetti straps long dress, the skirt of the dress is flowy and it pools around her feet. The dress perfectly hugs her curves and shows her feminine figure.

"It's perfect!" The staff says in awe.

"Don't you think it a bit revealing and showing too much skins." Minsi is referring to the low cut back details of the dress.

"Why don't we ask your boyfriend?"

"No, wait!" Minsi says in panic.

Before she could protest the staff already open the door and calls Do Hyun's attention.

"Hi Sir, what can you say about the dress of Ms. Minsi?"

Do Hyun, drops the magazines that's he is reading as soon as Minsi comes out from the dressing room. He swallows hard, utterly speechless. 

"Cat bite your tongue sir? She's beautiful, right?"

His face turns red as soon as he realizes that he is ogling at the lovely girl in front of him.

He coughs to clear his throat and his eyes still fixed on the lass.

"Yes she is, no doubt. Beautiful!"